Head Start

I'm trying to wrap my head around why it's called Turbo Flare and not Rapid Fire.

Lots of support options (I'm not including the obvious ones):
Psychic gets priority screens, Trick, Rest and Healing Wish. You can even use Gravity so Garchomp's priority Earthquake kills everyone. Cresselia is an amazing support with screens and Lunar Dance.
Normal gets recovery, Heal Bell, Yawn, Baton Pass, Substitute. Encore would've been cool but only Lopunny and Cinccino learns it.
Grass gets Aromatherapy and Sleep Powder. It helps that most Grass-types don't mind losing their original ability.
Dark gets Switcheroo, Taunt. Parting Shot is cool, too. Priority Memento.
Ghost gets priority Destiny Bond, which is pretty scary. Confuse Ray. Ghost Curse is cute.
Water gets a gimmicky Soak. It now effectively removes your opponent's STAB and priority ability.

You can also consider stat-lowering moves like Charm and Feather Dance.
Charm looks pretty good on a Gardevoir, mitigating her low Defense. Will-O-Wisp does the same thing but has no +1 priority.

Last edited:

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Cobalt314 I believe the confusion around Levitate came about due to this:

I'm just going to add a quick rule, if that's all right: For flavor reasons, Pokémon with Levitate and Pokémon that are defined by their abilities (Aegislash, Arceus, etc.) must keep their original abilities. No +1 Hydro Pump Rotom-W or +1 Sludge Bomb Gengar, sorry.

Cobalt314 I believe the confusion around Levitate came about due to this:
Yes, this was the initial thought, but due to even more confusion, I got rid of the Levitate clause later:
Hmm, you do have a point. I'll remove Levitate clause, as it seems to cause too much introspection and confusion. All Pokémon, except those that change forms or types due to their ability, now get access to a Prioribility, and Slaking, Regigigas, and Archeops are still banned.

I've attempted to code this on rom but I'm still new to coding formats so I may have messed up. In particular, use Gale Wings to choose a prioribility.

tehy

Banned deucer.
After reading through this entire thread, I'd like to weigh in on the 'signature abilities' rule (specifically Arceus and Aegislash).

While Arceus-Water, Arceus-Fire, and even Arceus-Ice may need Multitype in order to function, Arceus-Normal doesn't. As I recall, the last OM to tackle this made it so that you could only give Arceus-Normal any extra abilities, since it's the only one who doesn't need Multitype and a Plate to exist. That seems like it wouldn't cause any problems here either, and in any case, Arceus of any kind is Uber and definitely staying that way (720 BST e.e), so it'll only be relevant if people play an Uber version of this (which will probably be a long ways off, judging from how other OMs do it.)

Now, Aegislash might get unbanned, so it's definitely worth discussing. That said, there are many OMs where it has different abilities and that seems to work just fine, with Aegislash just being stuck in Shield form; I don't see anything intrinsically wrong with it. On top of that, if Aegislash has its prioribility, it's stuck with lame 50 / 50 offenses in return for Ghost-type priority, which it already had in Shadow Sneak anyhow. So basically, only rare defensive sets would even bother, and even they might prefer Stance Change so Aegislash can actually KO the things it checks! (Also defensive Aegislash without Stance Change, as crazy as this sounds, has to compete with its pre-evolution Doublade, who has beastly physical bulk and a super-solid Atk stat to abuse priority Shadow Claws with.)

tl;dr:

Arceus is an Uber, Aegislash won't bother with his prioribility; since other OMs handle these issue just fine, it seems like this rule's only purpose is to confuse newcomers, so let's get rid of it entirely.

tehy You do have a solid point there. I'll remove the signature ability clause as well. All Pokémon now have access to a Prioribility.

Also, given speculation and leaked information from Pokémon Sun and Moon, I will update the names of any prioribilities that receive official names from GameFreak.

Last edited:

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
tehy You do have a solid point there. I'll remove the signature ability clause as well. All Pokémon now have access to a Prioribility.

Also, given speculation and leaked information from Pokémon Sun and Moon, I will update the names of any prioribilities that receive official names from GameFreak.
just FYI the leak is a confirmed April Fool's day prank:
Confirming that the article we released on April Fool's Day was 100% falsified.
Edit: So that this post isn't completely useless, I'll give my brief thoughts on the meta.

I don't think the "prioribilities" will be AS impactful as people think. The things which benefit most are monotype pokemon, mons with useless abilities, and stuff which tends to favour its secondary STAB anyway. Examples off the top of my head include Manaphy, Hoopa-U (if it doesn't get banned), and Keldeo, while stuff that won't want to touch this ability includes stuff like Clefable which is only viable thanks to its abilities in standard.

Last edited:
I don't think the "prioribilities" will be AS impactful as people think. The things which benefit most are monotype pokemon, mons with useless abilities, and stuff which tends to favour its secondary STAB anyway.
There's probably going to be a lot of priority monotype Normal spam; Porygon2/-Z gets priority Substitute, Recover and Tri Attack, which looks good, while Linoone gets priority Belly Drum and Extreme Speed. Let's just hope Persian's priority Fake Out can stop it.
I tried a battle earlier and made use of Rhydon/Rhyperior's priority Stealth Rock, which was nice as my opponent had attempted to Taunt me. In case you're wondering, there are a few priority Stealth Rockers, such as Shuckle, and even some priority Toxic Spikes, but only Kriketune gets priority Sticky Web, only Diggersby gets priority Spikes, and only Spinda gets priority Rapid Spin. Priority Will-O-Wisp seems likely, for example Rotom-Heat. Most Flying types get to Roost with priority, which may or may not be inconvenient. Priority Spore? Well, I guess you're looking at Parasect. Priority Dual Power? Uhh... Chimecho? (Also, does Priority Soak change your prioribility? I made it so it doesn't, but I may have broken Meloetta-Pirouette in the process.)

Great Metagame and a great idea in general!

Staraptor with Reckless and Scarf Terrakion Stone Edge/Close Combat will really hit hard and be somewhat dominating in the OM.

I can't wait for it to come out so all of us can give it a go!

-TenucSkenuck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)