Head Start

Terrakion got priority Close Combat? Cool.
Also Staraptor got priority Brave Bird with 120 Atk.
Resttalk Calm Mind Suicune with priority Scald.

Anyway, isn't adding new abilities make this a pet mod? Metagamiate just change the mechanics of the Normal moves. It doesn't modify something or add something new. This add some new abilities that isn't in the game, so basically this is a pet mod imo.
It's not adding a New Ability. It's making a canon out of an already existing Ability.

Hawluchange falls under the same category. It adds new moves, but simply modifies an already existing move.

One thing to note regigigas/slaking should probably be banned or put under the ability clause
Also fire should definitely be Turbo Flare- it gives a sense of speed and awsome
plz don't triple post. And did you even read the first page?
I'm just going to add a quick rule, if that's all right: For flavor reasons, Pokémon with Levitate and Pokémon that are defined by their abilities (Aegislash, Arceus, etc.) must keep their original abilities. No +1 Hydro Pump Rotom-W or +1 Sludge Bomb Gengar, sorry.
you never answered whether defeatist counts as a defining ability or not.
Comments in bold

As a note to all: what makes this metagame interesting is that many threats are defined by their abilities, so the essential question to ask yourself is if it's worth it to sacrifice a Pokémon's ability in order to give it priority. In some cases, like Zygarde or Azumarill, it's a simple yes-or-no answer. In other cases, like Mega Metagross or Landorus-T, the answer is not so straightforward, and requires a deep analysis of the Pokémon in question.
believe it or not megagross and landot/landoi are also straightforward yes-or-no's because landorus' only flying moves are HP Flying and Fly and megagross already has stab priority and prefers to never run zen headbutt.

Some slow, powerful pokemon could abuse the priority... That said, every team would have a faster priority to essentially nullify that pokemon's priority... rip Rampardos.
Some notable pokemon include Mega Gallade, Mega Garchomp, Mega Heracross (can forgo skill link for priority close combats,) and Victini.
Also by defining abilities, I'm pretty sure he means signature abilities, which would include defeatist and such. Correct me if I'm wrong Cobalt314

A list of what pokes that have signature abilities is needed, since we don't know exactly what pokes are allowed or not.

Also Bronzong has Levitate but also has Heatproof. Is it allowed?

I don't really get the signature ability part. In standard we have two Pokémon with Levitate and other abilities, Bronzong and Duskull(lol), as well as a Pokémon with an ability required for form changing and a normal ability, Darmanitan. If it works for them, then it should work for everyone imo.

just noticed that the top AAA set, Gale Wings Skarmory, is also aviable here btw.

I don't really get the signature ability part. In standard we have two Pokémon with Levitate and other abilities, Bronzong and Duskull(lol), as well as a Pokémon with an ability required for form changing and a normal ability, Darmanitan. If it works for them, then it should work for everyone imo.

just noticed that the top AAA set, Gale Wings Skarmory, is also aviable here btw.
Regarding Levitate, I'll clarify that Pokémon that only get Levitate have to stick with Levitate. In Darmanitan's case, he can choose not to run Zen Mode, and as such Zen Mode doesn't define Darmanitan, and it can use Turbo Flare if it wishes.

Too bad it's slower than a lot of other priority users here.

I like the idea of Chaney with priority Soft-Boiled and Wish, though Natural Cure would be better on sets that don't run Aromatherapy. I forget and am on mobile, does Mega Audino get anything worth using with Siren's Call?

Too bad it's slower than a lot of other priority users here.

I like the idea of Chaney with priority Soft-Boiled and Wish, though Natural Cure would be better on sets that don't run Aromatherapy. I forget and am on mobile, does Mega Audino get anything worth using with Siren's Call?
heal bell.

I apologies for triple posting, i apparently lagged heavily because i only remember posting once, but oh well, yes i did read the first page.
-what ever mod did the editing thanks, i would of done when i'd gotten up but thanks.
Speed boosting is now pretty much irrelevent

Mega audino gets draining kiss, babby doll eyes, sweet kiss, and dazzaling gleam.
Nothing impressive save maybe draining kiss

something interesting to keep in mind is that this meta will focus on mind games and switching. If charizard uses its priority air slash and the opponent switches in a carracosta, then the charizard has to switch out or risk eating a priority stone edge.

Sanic (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pure Finesse
EVs: ??? I am bad at this game
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed

A priority smashpasser who can pull off a priority FEAR set? Is this as bad as it looks? Almost certainly. I do know that it can KO through a turn of Leftovers recovery against neutral targets, though. Especially if it's gotten a Shell Smash up.

Also, Kangaskhan gets the niche of pulling off a priority Protect + Disable set.

... and Haxorus can run Draconic Breath Outrage. Holy moly.

Regarding Levitate, I'll clarify that Pokémon that only get Levitate have to stick with Levitate. In Darmanitan's case, he can choose not to run Zen Mode, and as such Zen Mode doesn't define Darmanitan, and it can use Turbo Flare if it wishes.
sry for late reply, but what about mons with an unique ability that isn't Levitate e. g. legendary pixies, Therian forms, Swords of Justice, Zoroark, or even Clawitzer or Cofagrigus? If they can use a prioability, why Levitate mons can't? I want a better reason than "lol they float they cannot lose levitate", since this never has really mattered in Pokémon, see the already mentioned Bronzong, or Pokémon such as Chandelure, Probopass or Magnezone which never got Levitate in the first place despite obviously floating, and of course losing Levitate mid-battle due to Skill Swap and such.

sry for late reply, but what about mons with an unique ability that isn't Levitate e. g. legendary pixies, Therian forms, Swords of Justice, Zoroark, or even Clawitzer or Cofagrigus? If they can use a prioability, why Levitate mons can't? I want a better reason than "lol they float they cannot lose levitate", since this never has really mattered in Pokémon, see the already mentioned Bronzong, or Pokémon such as Chandelure, Probopass or Magnezone which never got Levitate in the first place despite obviously floating, and of course losing Levitate mid-battle due to Skill Swap and such.
Hmm, you do have a point. I'll remove Levitate clause, as it seems to cause too much introspection and confusion. All Pokémon, except those that change forms or types due to their ability, now get access to a Prioribility, and Slaking, Regigigas, and Archeops are still banned.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My summary of this meta idea:

"We need to make Talonflame suck. Lets give every Pokemon the ability that makes it good... but only for their own STAB."

Srs tho Talonflame is literal garbage now don't use it.

I read the summary on the first page and thought, "wow what a great idea, I can't wait to see what new sets and threats people talk about!"
*2 pages of arguing over what 'kind of metagame' this is considered*
Wow ok.

Well, I first thought of eruption and waterspout, so that would be Typhlosion, Blastoise, and Wailord (since camerupt, heatran, and jellicent don't get priority on those moves). Typhlosion will definitely stand out the most, specs + priority Eruption will KO most neutral offensive mons.
I am curious, however. Why do they only get it for their secondary typing and not their primary? I feel like their primary typing is what defines them, thus what the mon would "learn" how to use the best, from a flavor perspective.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I read the summary on the first page and thought, "wow what a great idea, I can't wait to see what new sets and threats people talk about!"
*2 pages of arguing over what 'kind of metagame' this is considered*
Wow ok.

Well, I first thought of eruption and waterspout, so that would be Typhlosion, Blastoise, and Wailord (since camerupt, heatran, and jellicent don't get priority on those moves). Typhlosion will definitely stand out the most, specs + priority Eruption will KO most neutral offensive mons.
I am curious, however. Why do they only get it for their secondary typing and not their primary? I feel like their primary typing is what defines them, thus what the mon would "learn" how to use the best, from a flavor perspective.
Because Gale Wings affects Flying-type moves, and Talonflame's secondary typing is Flying, so because the meta is based on Talonflame, the creator just made it the same.

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Been messing around in the teambuilder and saw some things which I wanna try out:

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Illuminate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Superpower
- Gunk Shot

Priority Parting Shot boyz

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Illuminate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance / Pursuit / Low Kick / Poison Jab / Ice Shard
- Swords Dance / Pursuit / Low Kick / Poison Jab / Ice Shard

Priority Icicle Crash, ability to run 2 coverage instead of 1 (or it can run still run Ice Shard to out-prioritise priority anything faster)

Martin

IDK if Power Surge is the best name change for this, as it implies that the moves are getting more powerful (which isn't the case). I think maybe something like Priority Paradise would better suited to this than Power Surge is tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)