Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Now we have the new Brawl upon us, which is BANANA MADNESS WOO
(If you ain't looked it up: on minion death, gain a banana that gives +1/+1, +2/+2, swaps Atk/HP or deals 1 damage)

Kinda biased toward aggro decks, but I can deal with the other aggro decks except Mage just seems way too good on paper having a near-monopoly on class cards that play well with cheap spells: Mana Wyrm, Sorcerer's Apprentice and Flamewaker are all pretty nutty. Besides that, you can do a lot of weird fun shit though.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
FLAMEWAKER ANTONIDAS SPAM ALL DAY EVERY DAY

LOL JUST FUCKING RUN ANY TEMPO/AGGRO VARIANT FOR FREE FREE WINS

i just wish the sorcerer's apprentice + warsong commander + violet teacher combo wasn't impossible to use aside from bs luck hax

^ Sick looking list, you've probably got it down to a near optimal level already lol

I still like this mode but I was hoping for something to make me want to build bizarre decks, not just change up a current meta deck slightly and go

In the middle of a tournament match, I have an empty board facing a Dragon Warrior with like 40 health and a strong board. Quite a dire situation...................

lol who cares tho because im playing the most balanced deck in the game

http://i.imgur.com/ZhOBcKK.png

Anyobe know of an actual good deck that uses Mekgineer Thermaplug? I opened one up and tried it on mech mage deck but it doesn't work good at all on that deck.

Anyobe know of an actual good deck that uses Mekgineer Thermaplug? I opened one up and tried it on mech mage deck but it doesn't work good at all on that deck.
No, you should disenchant it. He's arguably the worst card in Hearthstone lol, at least Majordomo can have a decent Mage deck built around him.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
^People advised me the same for Hogger ages ago. Then one day it suddenly became A1 hunter tech card. Not to discount the advice but generally take the decision to DE a rare/legend with a lot of caution. (Unless it's Hemet Nesingway - DE that shit immediately)

nah there's never going to be a meta where a 9-drop with 7 health vulnerable to BGH with a very weak immediate effect is going to be good.

arguably the worst card is probably exaggerating how bad it is, but it's a card I'd never want to put in a deck

^People advised me the same for Hogger ages ago. Then one day it suddenly became A1 hunter tech card. Not to discount the advice but generally take the decision to DE a rare/legend with a lot of caution. (Unless it's Hemet Nesingway - DE that shit immediately)
You should still be disenchanting Hogger. And even then Hogger, a card that is completely outclassed by several neutrals in the same mana slot, is considerably better than Thermaplugg

Even HEMET is better than Thermaplugg

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hogger is not an a1 hunter tech card lol, it's like marginally better than sunwalker because it's less weak to owl. Hogger was my first legendary and I de'd him pretty quickly. I only miss him a bit now, when I'm making decisions like: should I craft foe reaper 4000 or baron geddon?? I still don't regret it 'cos it jump-started my collection to build cheap decks. I would only put him in ramp druid really... maybe control warrior

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hogger used to fit comfortably in control Warrior and Paladin. It used to be quite good at a certain point

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do not use Mill Rogue or Druid in the bananarama, because no matter what you do, the mage's hand of 8 bananas and two unknowns will ALWAYS be a sorcerers apprentice and flamewaker.

Today I got my first Legendary... and was immediately disappointed.
No, obviously Flame Leviathan is the best card in the game. You can totally count on topdecking it at 1 HP every game and not drawing it when your opponent has 7 2-health minions on the board.

Also did anybody try running Freeze Mage during the banana brawl? You basically shit all over Tempo Mage since you're not clearing their minions until your mass clears (which potentially mill them) and you don't have anything for them to trade into. Also seems pretty nice against any other deck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)