Heatran (Full Revamp) +

Milotic is the best of these, as it has Recover, and doesn't mind Burns.
No other bulkey waters mind burns more than Milotic does. Burns help Milotic wall physical attackers better but not by much as the loss of HP sucks. I wouldn't make this a reason why Milotic is a "better" heatran counter, just mention recover i think.

Mention Choice Scarf on the Stealth Rock and Explode set, or maybe mention stealth rock on the Scarf Set, it is a viable set that I have seen running around. Only Set Comments though, obviously.

Choice Scarf on SR and Explode... how would that work exactly... I can see Stealth Rock on the regular choice scarf one, when you don't know what they're going to send in, just use some Stealth Rock, but the whole point of the SR and Explode is to get down those rocks, and then kill their heatran counter.

Unless of course you're thinking of using Stealth Rock, and then using Heatrans resistances and speed to explode on a dangerous sweeper. That could work.

No I simply ment make mention of either/or. it seems to make sense, due to the fact that SR + Scarf are reasonably commonly run, to make mention of it on one or the other set. I think you are right in proposing that you make mention of Stealth Rock in set comments on the scarf set, as it kind of takes away the point of the Sr and explode set.

So IMO, make mention of SR in set comments for the scarf set and saying it is something useful to do when trying to work out how your opponant plans to counter Heatran.

mien

Tournament Banned
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ok, I will remove the toaster comments... I am used to calling it a toaster because of one of my shoddy teams...

Anyway, going to add a Substitute Salac set, remove the little .gifs (which apparently make it hard to load into SCMS) and fix some comments.
Actually i have been seeing subversions more combined with Toxic then salac berries...

Toxic works extremely well on Heatran as it can kill nearly every steel type with Fireblast and nearly every counter like Salamence,Swampert,Vaporeon and Tyranitar won't enjoy toxic.

Well thats good to hear! I hope that you didn't have to change too many things, I was sort of hoping that just maybe I am getting better at peer edits.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I thought I should finally mention here an option that I've been testing extensively on ScarfTran: HP Rock. I had found that HP Ice was pretty limiting, I rarely chose it because it was only really useful on pokemon it hit 4x supereffective, and it often handcuffed me trying to sweep late in the game. HP Rock has the advantage of 2hkoing both Gyarados and Salamence, as well as hitting Heatran and Scizor neutral. It alleviates the need to predict a little, and definitely surprises incoming Gyarados. It doesn't really hurt you against Flygon, since Fire Blast handily 2hkos anyway. The only major disadvantages of HP Rock are that you are almost helpless against Swampert, and the one speed point it costs you means you will never get the speed tie against a same-natured ScarfTran.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Also, Fire Blast shouldn't be the only option on Scarf Heatran. I don't care if it's the only move that OHKOs Azelf and Gengar, Scarf Heatran is a pinch revenge killer and in general you don't want to give your opponent a 15% chance of sweeping past your Heatran just because you want to be able to handle a worst case scenario Azelf.

Seriously, not even a slash?

That slot should probably just be labelled "Hidden Power" with Set Comments for Ice / Grass / Electric / Rock.

On the taunt set, I think that toxic deserves a slash in the second moveslot with stealth rock and metal sound. Toxic ruins bulky water switch-ins, and fire blast + earth power means that steel/poison types aren't about to be switching in anytime soon. Toxic blissey as she switches in, taunt as she seismic tosses/thunder waves, and then switch out. You will get a free turn at some point as blissey switches.

TAY has written a Substitute set already, with Toxic as an option, which is pretty much what you are looking at I believe, barring Taunt.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Personally, I've always used Overheat on ScarfTran and it works pretty well.
Overheat is a horrible sweeping move, and sweeping is something Scarf Tran does very well late-game. IMO, Flamethrower just gives up too much power. Fire Blast can still dent most things that resist it unless they're dedicated tanks.

Syberia said:
Overheat is a horrible sweeping move, and sweeping is something Scarf Tran does very well late-game. IMO, Flamethrower just gives up too much power. Fire Blast can still dent most things that resist it unless they're dedicated tanks.
I don't use this guy late-game, I just use him for random revenge killing. Because I only need to deal with one Pokemon and I still need power, Oveheat works fine, IMO. Also, Metagross is the only guy I trust in a late game sweep.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I don't use this guy late-game, I just use him for random revenge killing. Because I only need to deal with one Pokemon and I still need power, Oveheat works fine, IMO. Also, Metagross is the only guy I trust in a late game sweep.
Even so, that's a bit too biased to include in the analysis. If you can lineup a fire blast sweep, you might as well go for it. Heatran is good because it can actually take a hit. Most scarf infernapes opt for oveheat, because they wouldn't be staying in, even to take a light hit, like heatran can. And of course, fire blast does more damage over 2 turns than overheat does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)