Pokémon Heatran

Status
Not open for further replies.
More PP are welcomed instead boosting your stat.so that's why we should using physical rock(rock slide/stone edge)instead special rock
Stone Edge has the same PP as Ancient Power and a miss chance. The low PP isn't a large deal anyway, Heatran isn't going to be using any of his rock moves more than maybe twice a match. Any rock move on heatran isn't a main attacking move but a niche coverage move to hit Charizard-Y and talonflame (and I guess volcarona) so Edge's higher damage is irrelevant; they'll all KO. Plus you'll have to run a defence lowering nature for the sake of going mixed.

HP rock is better than ancient power, but you're probably running hp ice on offensive Heatran so that's why you'd run ancient power.

I heard Hidden Power are nerfed?
Yeah down to 60 bp, so ancient power and hp rock are exactly the same aside from the PP, only problem is you can't run hp rock and ice together, hence why ancient power is a choice.

Nobody is seriously running AP because they're hoping for the stat boost.

252+ SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 256-304 (86.1 - 102.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 292-344 (98.3 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

and this is a 0 hp mega charizard y. let's take a 40 ev one (which is the leftover from a modest spread)

252+ SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 256-304 (83.3 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 292-344 (95.1 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

also for bulky talonflame...

0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 316-372 (88 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 264-312 (73.5 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

edge is better vs its targets in general.

252+ SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 256-304 (86.1 - 102.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 292-344 (98.3 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

and this is a 0 hp mega charizard y. let's take a 40 ev one (which is the leftover from a modest spread)

252+ SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 256-304 (83.3 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 292-344 (95.1 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

also for bulky talonflame...

0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 316-372 (88 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 264-312 (73.5 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

edge is better vs its targets in general.
But SE shaky accuracy makes people runs HP rock/ancientpower

Heatran @ Assault Vest
Nature : Timid / Modest
Ability : Flash Fire
EVs : 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~Fire Blast / Lava Plume
~Earth Power
~Flash Cannon
~Hidden Power (Ice)

I'm not so sure about that set. It helps Heatran take on the odd Hidden Power Ground Sylveon and opposing Heatran, but otherwise it can't really can't do much that the specially defensive set can't.

How about this one?

Heatran @ leftovers
Nature : Bold/Calm
EVs : 216 def/40 sp.atk/252sp.def(I don't know bout the best EVs spread for this one)

-toxic
-magma storm
-torment
-protect

How about this one?

Heatran @ leftovers
Nature : Bold/Calm
EVs : 216 def/40 sp.atk/252sp.def(I don't know bout the best EVs spread for this one)

-toxic
-magma storm
-torment
-protect
this set is good to counter choice pokemons i have seen this set once tho with torment you can force Op not to use same move again while you know when your Opp is about to switch toxic or torment it protect can be used when your Op is having Earthquake just protect although not all time he is going to get this...

Last edited:
Hi guys. I used a lot ScarfTran these days, and honestly, Flash Cannon is complete garbage. Don't use it on ScarfTran. Use Iron Head instead. Lemme explain: Heatran is the only thing in my team that can really deal with Clefable. I have also a Clefable in my team, with Wish, so my Heatran can really come in whenever he wants on opposing Clefable. But:
  • unless my opponent is brain-dead, he won't try to get up Calm Mind at early game when I haven't even use my Heatran once. He will firstly check his set and thus, use Moonblast. And along it, these fucking drops. They prevent Heatran from doing a lot of damages on the switch, and even worst, they let Heatran act as a setup bait for Clefable! (as long as my opponent knows I'm choice scarf, he's not afraid anymore about roar/taunt/stealth rock and stuff..). Indeed, Flash Cannon does crap to it after only 1 boost (or 1 drop, or both). To sum up: I'm screw because of these drops!
  • you're going to say "hey man, you have 16 chances to get a crit, where's the problem". No. Pls. First, crits never happen when they are needed. Secondly, I can't even hit my 16 Flash Cannon, because Heatran get killed before. Moonblast does around 20% after 3 boosts to an uninvested Tran, so it's a 5HKO. And 5HKO + 3 turns where using calm mind = 8 turns.
  • also, I'm using TWave on my own Clefable. Usually, my plan against other Clefable is to TWave them first, and send Heatran right after that. So with Paralysis, Iron Head's flinches, and constant Iron Head's damage (around 45%), it's nearly impossible for an opposing Clefable to kill Heatran before Heatran kills it.
So yeah, I just wanted to say that. I don't know if you guys still like ScarfTran, but I do and I really enjoy it, and I want to share some of my experience here. I faced a lot of situation where I just lose my Heatran to Clefable because of Calm Mind boost/Moonblast's drop, which was, like I said, crucial 'cause Heatran is the only thing in my team capable of dealing with Clefable (or at least, supposed to).

Also:
252 SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 204-240 (73.6 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
60 Atk Heatran Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 234-276 (84.4 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The main Flash Cannon's targets are fairies, and Iron Head does more to Gardevoir-Mega, still OHKOs Mega Diancie, and allows to win VS Clef. I really don't see any reason to use Flash Cannon instead. The only thing you miss is the OHKO on Terrakion but hell, this goddamn cow can be handle by teammates. Defensive Landorus-T for example, which is often used alongside ScarfTran.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I used a lot ScarfTran these days, and honestly, Flash Cannon is complete garbage. Don't use it on ScarfTran. Use Iron Head instead. Lemme explain: Heatran is the only thing in my team that can really deal with Clefable. I have also a Clefable in my team, with Wish, so my Heatran can really come in whenever he wants on opposing Clefable. But:
  • unless my opponent is brain-dead, he won't try to get up Calm Mind at early game when I haven't even use my Heatran once. He will firstly check his set and thus, use Moonblast. And along it, these fucking drops. They prevent Heatran from doing a lot of damages on the switch, and even worst, they let Heatran act as a setup bait for Clefable! (as long as my opponent knows I'm choice scarf, he's not afraid anymore about roar/taunt/stealth rock and stuff..). Indeed, Flash Cannon does crap to it after only 1 boost (or 1 drop, or both). To sum up: I'm screw because of these drops!
  • you're going to say "hey man, you have 16 chances to get a crit, where's the problem". No. Pls. First, crits never happen when they are needed. Secondly, I can't even hit my 16 Flash Cannon, because Heatran get killed before. Moonblast does around 20% after 3 boosts to an uninvested Tran, so it's a 5HKO. And 5HKO + 3 turns where using calm mind = 8 turns.
  • also, I'm using TWave on my own Clefable. Usually, my plan against other Clefable is to TWave them first, and send Heatran right after that. So with Paralysis, Iron Head's flinches, and constant Iron Head's damage (around 45%), it's nearly impossible for an opposing Clefable to kill Heatran before Heatran kills it.
So yeah, I just wanted to say that. I don't know if you guys still like ScarfTran, but I do and I really enjoy it, and I want to share some of my experience here. I faced a lot of situation where I just lose my Heatran to Clefable because of Calm Mind boost/Moonblast's drop, which was, like I said, crucial 'cause Heatran is the only thing in my team capable of dealing with Clefable (or at least, supposed to).

Also:
252 SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 204-240 (73.6 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
60 Atk Heatran Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 234-276 (84.4 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The main Flash Cannon's targets are fairies, and Iron Head does more to Gardevoir-Mega, still OHKOs Mega Diancie, and allows to win VS Clef. I really don't see any reason to use Flash Cannon instead. The only thing you miss is the OHKO on Terrakion but hell, this goddamn cow can be handle by teammates. Defensive Landorus-T for example, which is often used alongside ScarfTran.

This is interesting.

252+ SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 314-372 (79.6 - 94.4%)
252+ SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 210-248 (53.2 - 62.9%)
252+ SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 158-188 (40.1 - 47.7%)

So if Heatran switches in on Calm Mind and fails to get max damage both hits Clefable can simply Calm Mind again and Softboild off the damage.

60 Atk Heatran Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 150-176 (38 - 44.6%)

Iron Head for all intents and purposes will break Clefable as it will probably crit or flinch long before Moonblast does any notable damage.

Both moves OHKO Diancie.

Both moves do about the same to Mega Gardevoir. Iron Head has a significantly better chance of OHKO with SR and it has the added flinch chance.

Flash Cannon out-damages Iron Head on all Tyranitar sets, even max HP Assault Vest.

Flash Cannon does more damage to physically defensive Sylveon. Both moves 2HKO.

Flash Cannon deals vastly more damage to Altaria, even if it is Specially Defensive.

Flash Cannon OHKOs Kyurem after SR. Iron Head 2HKOs. Without rocks it sometimes only 3HKOs.

Flash Cannon OHKOs Mamoswine, but Iron Head 2HKOs.

Flash Cannon deals more damage to Terrakion, even in a Sandstorm.

So that's 2 for Iron Head, 1 tie, and 6 for Flash Cannon. Flash Cannon does far more damage but I would say that Iron Head is an acceptable alternative if you really REALLY hate Clefable.

Bar Mega Altaria, the Pokemon you quoted are also super Fire-Blast weak, and usually, when using ScarfTran, you don't liek to be lock into a Steel-type move so you try to avoid it as much as possible. And tbh, I won't even stay on Mamoswine because of the sash (and if the Sash is broken, it's probably at Fire Blast range), I won't stay either on Terrakion cuz either Scarf or Sash. Kyurem can also be hit by Fire Blast although like I said, I have Clefable in the back. It might also seem odd, but I run Will-o-Wisp on my ScarfTran, to catch Tyranitar off guard. That also helps to wearing down walls when I'm aware that an offensive move would do crap. So here again, I'm not really feared of it. Pursuit Damages does crap after the burn.

I forgot about Mega Altaria where Flash Cannon is indeed far way better, other than that I'd said that Iron Head is still better to use. At least, that's what I've noticed in my experience.

Fun fact: my team was super weak to Clefable, so I take Clefable's first counter, and I still lose to it. Lol. Without Iron Head, using ScarfTran in my team doesn't even make sense tbh. And I feel like it's the same for other people, when you take Heatran, it's for Clefable (more or less), so using Flash Cannon does not make sense.

What do you guys think about Dark Pulse coverage to hit M-Slowbro? He can pump CM, but on the switch it's a 3HKO even after a CM.

0 SpA Heatran Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Slowbro: 174-206 (44.1 - 52.2%) -- 14.8% chance to 2HKO

4 SpA Mega Slowbro Scald vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 158-188 (41 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Edit: And of course, heatran outspeed it.

I use modest specs Heatran, and it does wonders. It is an awesome wallbreaker, and with a Flash Fire boost, Fire Blast can 2hko most walls. But can someone calc its' damage against Ttar, Mega Char Y, Rotom-W and Chansey? (And whatever walls are in OU). I mean on Fire Blast, of course.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 99-117 (29 - 34.3%) -- 3% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Helping Hand Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 148-174 (43.4 - 51%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 197-232 (66.3 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Helping Hand Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 294-347 (98.9 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 140-165 (46.2 - 54.4%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Helping Hand Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 209-246 (68.9 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 151-178 (23.5 - 27.7%) -- 81.2% chance to 4HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Helping Hand Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 226-267 (35.2 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

There ya go. I added a Helping Hand boost to account for a Flash Fire boost; specs tran hits like a nuke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back