Help my OU Team

Hi! This is my second RMT, and my first OU, as the title states. I started out with Ubers, but I really sucked, so I decided to try OU. Any suggestions would be helpful. (I don't know how to add pictures, can someone please help me?)
changes in red

Starmie @Life Orb
Natural Cure
Timid
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin
I really love this Pokemon! It has nice Speed and Special Attack. It is also reasonably bulky too. Hydro Pump is a great STAB move that does a lot of damage. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam are for Pokemon that resist Water. Rapid Spin is to clear entry hazards later on in the game.

Metagross @Lum Berry
Adamant
248 HP/232 Atk/28 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Explosion
Metagross and Starmie work great together against other leads. Metagross is so bulky, which is why it is such a good Pokemon. Stealth Rock is my entry hazard. Meteor Mash is a nice STAB attack that hits hard, and has a chance to raise attack too. Bullet Punch is its priority move, as Metagross isn't very fast. Explosion is here to end things with a bang.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive
252 Atk/64 SpA/192 Spe
-Close Combat
-Mach Punch
-Overheat
-Stone Edge

Infernape is my scout, so U-turn is a must. Close Combat is a good STAB move, and can 2HKO Vaporeon and Milotic. I wanted Infernape to be mixed, so I gave it Overheat. Stone Edge is for Gyarados.

Rotom-H @Life Orb
Modest
252 HP/168 Def/88 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hydro Pump
-Will-o-wisp

My spin blocker/explosion resister! Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, and Hydro Pump provide decent coverage. Will-o-wisp is here to neuter Physical Attackers. I chose these EVs so that Rotom is bulky.

Flygon@Choice Scarf
Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
-U-turn
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Outrage

Lucario@Life Orb
Inner Focus
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Sp.Def
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Crunch

The Physical Sweeper. Swords Dance brings his already high attack even higher. Close Combat murders opponents after a swords dance. Extremespeed is a nice priority move that goes good with Close Combat. Crunch is for Ghosts

Hi. You seem to have yourself a decent team. Your team actually struggles against several offensive threats but I have a few changes that will hopefully improve it.

You have a nice offensive team going here but what I don't like about your team is Blissey. Don't get me wrong here, Blissey is by no means a bad Pokemon but it is just a set-up bait to most offensive threats and it truly finds its true home on stall oriented teams. Once your opponent figures out what moveset you are running (Wish, Protect, Heal Bell, Seismic Toss), Blissey will turn into a set-up bait. Basically, DD Tyranitar, DD Dragonite, DD Gyarados, Agility Metagross, CM Jirachi, SD Lucario (which are notable threats to this team) can come in with relative ease on Blissey, use their set-up move and basically sweep your entire team. Not only is Blissey a set-up fodder to numerous offensive threats, it is also slowing down all the offensive momentum you gain. I'm going to reccomend replacing Blissey with a Choice Scarf Flygon. Go with a moveset of: Earthquake / Outrage / U-Turn / Stone Edge, a Jolly nature and 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe. Flygon gives you a check to the above mentioned threats (DD TTar, DD Nite, DD Gyara, Agil-Gross). This change does make Starmie a bit more problematic but Flygon can Earthquake / U-Turn for good damage and Lucario can revenge kill it with Extreme Speed..etc... However, if you feel that Blissey is an invaluable member of your team, I would advocate running Thunder Wave instead of Heal Bell. This will basically prevent those set-up threats from setting up but it should definitely be noted that staying in on Tyranitar and Metagross that could end up running a CB set and Lucario is very risky which is why Scarf Flygon is the preffered choice. Additionally, Flygon bring some very useful immunities to the table mainly Electric- and Ground-. This team's only switch-in to Ground- moves is Rotom-W. Flygon would make you depend less on Rotom-W which could be a problem if Rotom-W is Pursuited or goes down. Also, it would be preffered to get rid of Explosion on Metagross and replace it with Earthquake. This will give you a much needed CM Jirachi counter, not taking too much damage from a +1 Psychic, Thunderbolt or Flash Cannon and hitting it with Earthquake super effectively.

Now, I would strongly reccomend changing your offensive LO Rotom-W to Rotom-H and using a more defensive set. Use this moveset: Overheat / Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Reflect or Will-o-Wisp with a Bold nature, Leftovers as an item and 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe as an EV spread. This will also help against Agil-Gross and DD Gyarados but mainly opposing Scizor and Scarf Flygon which could prove to be problematic. This change will give your team some more overall bulk and can support it's teammates with Reflect / Will-o-Wisp as well while keeping it offensive.

Finally, there are just two minor changes I would like to suggest. Firstly, use Mach Punch instead of U-Turn on Infernape. This will give your team some priority which could come in handy in some tricky situations but is mainly going to be useful to revenge kill DD TTar and SD Lucario. As for minor changes, go for an Adamant nature over Jolly on Lucario. Jolly Lucario misses out on some OHKOs after a SD against Skarmory and Bronzong for example and you want to be able to dish out as much damage as possible against stall, so Adamant sounds like the superior choice imo.

Good luck with your team.

I think you need more descriptions to tell others what your team attempts to do. You should also try to explain what the EV's on your Pokemon attempt to do. I think your Rotom-H should be Rotom-W, and FYI, for generation 5, Rotom-A is no longer part-ghost (it's a shame, I know).

I can definitely see your team losing to a combination of Jolteon + Flygon (which is very common), so I'd replace Infernape with Choice Scarf Heatran.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf. Naive nature. 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Fire Blast / Flamethrower
~ Earth Power
~ Explosion
~ Dragon Pulse

Heatran outspeeds Jolteon and, if Flygon locks itself into Outrage, Heatran beats it, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)