HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there'll be any new TMs. Maybe in the 5th generation.

As for move tutors, most people think a lot of them will just be old TMs from the 2nd generation that were replaced.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I doubt they'd make new TMs there werent any new ones between Ruby/Sapphire and LG/FR, there will just probably be new move tutors.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also what would be great is that it would start to make Blissey usage decline *punches Blissey* as I really hate that pink blob.

Sorry for being such a noob, but I was wondering, what references besides jasmine were there in DP? Or were you talking about platinum.

Anyway, I'm gonna really get my mowing business in gear-gotta have at least an extra $45 saved up for this game

Sorry for being such a noob, but I was wondering, what references besides jasmine were there in DP? Or were you talking about platinum.

Anyway, I'm gonna really get my mowing business in gear-gotta have at least an extra $45 saved up for this game
-Johto location data in the game (as in, it's possible for Pokemon to have Johto as they're catch-location, like Pokemon Pal Parked from RSE will have Hoenn as their's).
-A guy in Hearthome City mentions Prof. Elm and his egg-research.
-Prof. Oak mentions there being a "white rock" in Kanto during the in-game Shaymin event, similar to the one found at the end of Route 224, that isn't there in RBY/GSC/FRLG, which caused people to think that there might be GSC remakes so we could revisit Kanto, with the rock there.
-In Platinum, in the bottom floor of the Veilstone Department Store, people like Prof. Rowan mention the shop being out of RageCandyBars, an item from GSC.
-The mention of the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage at the beginning of DP.
-I believe there was a reference to the Tin Tower (or some other Johto landmark) made by some guy in the Grand Lake Hotel area.
Edit: -Cynthia gives you a SecretPotion, an item originally from GSC used to cure Jasmine's sick Ampharos, in order to get the Psyduck blocking the way to Celestic Town to move.

That's all I think of off-hand.

Yeah Johto capture data has been there since DP, you can see it in the pokesav and all, since then i thought about the remakes, or at least that they did it "just in case".

Haven't seen the Shaymin event though, so there is a white rock in Kanto...mmm

My guess is, Jasmine will have some kind of connection to Cynthia despite the games being remakes.

Secret Potion most likely given by Jasmine who gives you the HM to get to the Elite Four and face Cynthia. Just a theory.

If i recall correctly, Bebe (this girl from the storage service) says something related to Bill and his Eevee, that's why she gives you one.

So there is another reference xD must confirm though.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
Yeah they really better be harder as the levels were too low, and the elite four was even worse as level 50 being the highest level is just pathetic and made it way to easy.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
That would be cool however they didnt change the elite fours pokemon much in FR/LG until after you got the national dex so she might only get Honchkrow the second time you face her.

Most likely not, since she's a Steel Gym Leader, not an Elecric one; just like in GSC, Amphy will probably just be kept in the lighthouse.
But she does use Magnemite... Not all Gym Leaders and Elite Four Members used the same type in GSC. Claire used Gyarados, Karen used Vileplume/Gengar, and Bruno used Onix for example...

But she does use Magnemite... Not all Gym Leaders and Elite Four Members used the same type in GSC. Claire used Gyarados, Karen used Vileplume/Gengar, and Bruno used Onix for example...
Magnemite is part Steel and Clair used 3 Dragonair and a Kingdra. The Gym Leaders stay true to their type for the most part.

Elite Four have a bit more variation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)