Pokémon Hoopa

Status
Not open for further replies.
The -Def side effect on Hyperspace Fury pretty much kills any chance of a Scarf set being viable.
Edit: unless you want to settle for the weaker Dark Pulse, though it would miss many useful KO's with that.

I'd also hazard a guess that Hyperspace Fury is only available to Hoopa Unbound and not Hoope Confined; much like Leaf Storm is only available to Rotom-C.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The calculator is down right now so I can't check, but if I had to guess I'd say the Defense drop would make it so Bisharp's Dread Plate boosted Sucker Punch/Pursuit could OHKO.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I'd also hazard a guess that Hyperspace Fury is only available to Hoopa Unbound and not Hoope Confined; much like Leaf Storm is only available to Rotom-C.
From what we understand, Hyperspace Hole is replaced with Hyperspace Fury whenever you change formes (and vice versa), a bit like how hydro pump/overheat/etc are replaced when you change between rotom formes.

The calculator is down right now so I can't check, but if I had to guess I'd say the Defense drop would make it so Bisharp's Dread Plate boosted Sucker Punch/Pursuit could OHKO.
252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. -1 0 HP / 0- Def Hoopa: 424-501 (140.8 - 166.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Hoopa: 282-333 (93.6 - 110.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
Why do YOU have a dick?

It's certainly a weirdass form, that's to be sure. Really bizzare in all honesty; like some sort of genie satan.
Thing is... Diancie gets a Mega, Hoopa gets Unbound... what the fuck does Volcanion turn into?
primal ofc. it will revert into a fire/water/grass type.

Does this thing get Sucker Punch? Cause it could actually do something if it got that. something like

Hoopa-U@Life Orb
EVs: To Be tweaked to Speed Creep stuff
Sucker Punch
Hyperspace Fury/Knock Off
Zen Headbutt (does it get that?)
filler

if it doesn't get Sucker Punch, Scarf kinda works...but it'll lose viability fast, with so many quick Psychics and bulky Fairys running around. when MegaGarde is considered quick to you, you have a problem.

Last edited:
Speaking of Hyperspace Fury, now that we know that it's actually physical, will you use it over Knock Off? Hyperspace Fury has the advantage of piercing through Protect, always being strong(even against Mega Evolutions and itemless Pokémon in general) and fucking with evasion spamming assholes in battle spot, but Knock Off removes items and doesn't lower your defense. Also what will it be of specially oriented sets? Will they still be viable?

Speaking of Hyperspace Fury, now that we know that it's actually physical, will you use it over Knock Off? Hyperspace Fury has the advantage of piercing through Protect, always being strong(even against Mega Evolutions and itemless Pokémon in general) and fucking with evasion spamming assholes in battle spot, but Knock Off removes items and doesn't lower your defense. Also what will it be of specially oriented sets? Will they still be viable?
I'd say Hyperspace Fury has a far more powerful application than Knock Off on Hoopa, since it really doesn't give a shit about utility. It just wants to hit everything hard and fast, so it doesn't give a shit about defence drops and knocking off items.

I'd say Hyperspace Fury has a far more powerful application than Knock Off on Hoopa, since it really doesn't give a shit about utility. It just wants to hit everything hard and fast, so it doesn't give a shit about defence drops and knocking off items.
That and the fact that if it has to use it two times in a row on the same Pokemon, the second hit is not weakened. I'd prefer Hyperspace Fury as well, though they're both perfectly viable I guess.

From what we understand, Hyperspace Hole is replaced with Hyperspace Fury whenever you change formes (and vice versa), a bit like how hydro pump/overheat/etc are replaced when you change between rotom formes.
It does not. It's just like shaymin where you can have both moves in either form. However, Hyperspace Fury fails if you're not Unbound Mode. "But Hoopa can't use it the way it is now!".

You revert if you go back into the box or if three days pass while in the party. You can change back at any time though.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
It does not. It's just like shaymin where you can have both moves in either form. However, Hyperspace Fury fails if you're not Unbound Mode. "But Hoopa can't use it the way it is now!".

You revert if you go back into the box or if three days pass while in the party. You can change back at any time though.
Yeah, I know you can have both at the same time now, I didn't know (and I don't think anyone knew) when I posted that.

Well that's... incredibly random.
What about putting it in the Battle Box?
Battle box reverts it too, unfortunately. Similar to shaymin-s where it reverts at night time or if you put it in the PC.

Yeah, I know you can have both at the same time now, I didn't know (and I don't think anyone knew) when I posted that.

Battle box reverts it too, unfortunately. Similar to shaymin-s where it reverts at night time or if you put it in the PC.
I hate that. Battle Box should let it stay forever. D:

This is Probaly the most laughable legend I have ever seen.
It's quad weak to knock off and Hass poor defeses. However, it does hit like a truck. This is backed up by a "very impressive" (read sarcastically) 70 base speed! This means it is outspead by every decent dark type in Ou, forcing it to run scarf. Keep in mind, if you want a scarfed special attacker, you could always just run latios, gengar, or hydreigon. All are much, much better options then this joke. It's mega evolution may give it some hope, however.

This is Probaly the most laughable legend I have ever seen.
It's quad weak to knock off and Hass poor defeses. However, it does hit like a truck. This is backed up by a "very impressive" (read sarcastically) 70 base speed! This means it is outspead by every decent dark type in Ou, forcing it to run scarf. Keep in mind, if you want a scarfed special attacker, you could always just run latios, gengar, or hydreigon. All are much, much better options then this joke. It's mega evolution may give it some hope, however.
Hoopa doesn't get a mega evolution, it gets an alternate forme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)