LC Horsea

Scholar

Shinjiro's babe
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

[OVERVIEW]
Horsea can be a threat under rain, but that is where the problem lies. Because of manual weather is so bad and it has terrible bulk, Horsea finds itself unable to set up Rain Dance. When it does manage to use Rain Dance, it is forced onto a time limit because of the short duration of manual rain. Furthermore, Horsea is outclassed by other Swift Swim users such as Mantyke and Omanyte, as they can hit much harder than Horsea in the rain. Other offensive Water-types like Corphish outclass it as well because of having better bulk and raw power. Without rain being active, Horsea finds itself slower than a lot of the tier's most common offensive Pokemon.

[SET]
name: Rain Sweeper
move 1: Hydro Pump
move 2: Ice Beam
move 3: Rain Dance
move 4: Hidden Power Grass
item: Life Orb
ability: Swift Swim
nature: Modest / Timid
evs: 116 HP / 196 SpA / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Horsea's best chance of success is using Rain Dance when forcing out a Pokemon such as Ponyta and Onix. It can make use of a very powerful rain-boosted Hydro Pump and has Ice Beam to cover Grass-type switch-ins. However, without the Speed boost from Swift Swim, it finds itself revenge killed or forced out easily and, due to its low bulk, cannot make use of its Water typing defensively. This set is heavily outclassed by Corphish, which can threaten foes with Aqua Jet and strong Water-type STAB moves before and after setting up.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Magma, 393488], [DBW, 293061]]
- Quality checked by: [[Nineage, 195129], [Merritt, 213064]]
- Grammar checked by: [[frostration, 447027]]

Last edited:

Scholar

Shinjiro's babe
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nineage I added everything from Merritt's check as well. Sorry about that, I probably should have ask if it was ok to just take DBW's thread, as the only reason I didn't do that in the first place is that I didn't want to get in trouble for plagiarism. I wait to put this as 2/2 till you give the ok.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It looks fine, but somehow all DBW's sentences seem to have been condensed? Please read this over for obvious grammar errors and split up some of your sentences to help out the GP team. Then you can move this out of QC, it gets a 2/2 from me.

frostration

i probably have a headache
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove comments
[OVERVIEW]
Horsea can be a threat under Rain rain [don't capitalize weather unless you mean the move i.e. rain if you're referring to the actual weather, Rain Dance if the move], but that is where the problem lies. This is because of Because manual weather being is so bad and it has terrible bulk, it Horsea finds itself unable to set up Rain Dance because of its terrible bulk. When it does manage to use Rain Dance, it is forced onto a time limit because of the short duration of manual Rain rain. Futhermore Furthermore, Horsea is outclassed by other Swift Swim users such as Mantyke and Omanyte, as they can hit much harder than Horsea in the Rain rain. Other offensive Water-types like Corphish outclass it as well because of having better bulk and raw power. Without Rain rain being active, [AC] Horsea finds itself slower than a lot of the tiers tier's most common offensive Pokemon.

[SET]
name: Rain Sweeper
move 1: Hydro Pump
move 2: Ice Beam
move 3: Rain Dance
move 4: Hidden Power Grass
item: Life Orb
ability: Swift Swim
nature: Modest / Timid
evs: 116 HP / 196 SpA / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Horsea's best chance of success is using Rain Dance when forcing out a Pokemon such as Ponyta and Onix. It can make use of a very powerful Rain boosted rain-boosted Hydro Pump and has Ice Beam to cover Grass-type switch-ins [add hyphen]. However, without the Speed boost from Swift Swim, [AC] it finds itself revenge killed or forced out easily and, [AC] due to its low bulk, [AC] can not cannot make use of its Water typing [RH] defensively. This set is heavily outclassed by Corphish, who which can threaten foes with Aqua Jet and strong Water-type STAB moves before and after setting up.
GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)