Houndoom! The UU Heatran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so it's BL but, but I didn't know that when I wrote the title so I'm sorry. As my first RMT was about worn out in replies I decided to make a new one. This is a Shoddy Battle team unlike my last one, so I can change it at a moments notice. It's for the Suspect Ladder by the way(but I do play on the OU ladder as well, so forgive a mention of Deoxys or Chomp). So here's the team.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Naive
48 ATK/ 252 SPATK/ 208 SPEED
Blaze

Fake Out
Close Combat
Stealth Rock
Fire Blast

I started out with the Anti lead Infernape I saw on Taylor's RMT(though I don't know about the EV set). This guy is a fairly good lead and takes on the common Azelf suicide lead. You probably know how this guy works, Fake out and then SR for Sash braking and setting up some rocks. The main weakness of this guy is Wide Lens lead Gengar. Going permanently with Fire Blast

Vapporeon @ Leftovers
Bold
126 HP/ 252 DEF/ 130 SPDEF
Water Absorb

Surf
Ice Beam/Protect
HP[electric]
Wish

Wish passing Vappy. I love it when people bring in there Gyarados against this guy(no clue why) to only be 2KOd by HP. It takes about 48 percent from Outrage from Dnite and OKoes by Ice Beam. Thunderbolt from Zapdos might scrape a 2ko but the only time I faced one, it didn't and I 2kod him with Icebeam. Wish passing is always nice. All around a great bulky water and wall.
I need feedback about this. I don't like leaving my only Dragon counter to be Claydol

Metagross @ Choice Band
Jolly
252 ATK/ 252 SPEED/ 4 HP
Clear Body

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Bullet Punch
Explosion

CB Meta, kind of standard set but I didn't have much luck with AgilityGross so I turned to this form. This is the one pokemon I don't realy need but I enjoy using him. I realy want a Rapid spinner in this slot but I don't know who to choose, any sudgestions? I've decided to keep him and drop Weavile due to suggestion. I've added Explosion but I'm not sure about MM because normaly it's not smart to have two moves of the same type on the same pokemon.

Houndoom @ Choice Scarf
Modest
252 SPATK/ 252 SPEED/ 4 HP
Flash Fire

Flamethrower
Overheat
Dark Pulse
HP[ground]

The star of the team and a fantastic sweeper. I love it when people switch in there Gengars or Deoxys E(OU ladder) to revenge kill just to get there R-killer savaged. The real problem I have with this guy is ScarfGar. But that's why I have Metagross

I changed Weavile for a rapid Spinner and a much needed Earthquake imunity

Claydol @ Leftovers
Calm
252HP/ 126 SPDEF/ 130 DEF
Levitate

Calm Mind
Earth Power
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin

This is much better on my team and it works. I started with Grass knot but it didn't work so I switched it to Ice Beam. Calm Mind to boost it's SPDEF from huge to monstrous and give him a bit of offence. Rapid Spin has already come in handy quite often so if you suggest anything over him make sure it knows rapid spin

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly
252 ATK/ 252 SPEED/ 4 HP
Steadfast

Close Combat
Swords Dance
Extreem Speed
Crunch

Once again I go to the Fighting/ Ghost combo to make up for poor memory. It actualy works alot better then I thought it would, With a Sd or two it doesn't matter about Super Effective and the coverage actusly works very well. I'll change it if an overwhelming amount of people say to but try it before automaticaly saying to switch because it's not the norm.
I changed Shadow Claw for Crunch and gave him Life Orb

Well that's the team. Threats?
Trick Room Teams Desroy this team and I can't do anything to stop them.
Gengar, I've said enough...
SR, I've wanted a Rapid Spinner but I don't know who to turn to.

I havn't seen much else.

The record of this team is something like 30-8-0-1. The 1 is a time where I ran into a Gengar that outran my Hound but could change moves. which shouldn't be possible. I would like to add pics but I don't know how. Well, RMT please

*cough* Houndoom is BL...

And other Pokemon get Flash Fire, like Arcanine and Ninetales (who actually is UU).

Fire Blast is probably better than Shadow Claw on Infernape, as it threatens Bronzong, the number 1 lead.

If you have a CB Metagross with Bullet Punch then you have no need for CS Weavile.

One comment, Lucario's probably better off with a Life Orb since it's not bulky enough to go down to under 25% without dying, and Extremespeed beats anything faster. Crunch over Shadow Claw since it has more power and the same coverage (ok, so instead of "total" coverage with Ghost-Fighting, you only got coverage on everything except Heracross and Toxicroak, both of which are ripped to pieces by Extremespeed.

Whats the point of shadow claw when fire blast hits ghosts and psychics harder? Unless you're paranoid of starmie I don't see it being much help for you.

and without fire blast you'll be walled by stupid shit like bronzong, jirachi, metagross, heracross, etc

No real wall breaker, no spinner with tons of choice Pokemon, weak to the most common attack in the game (Earthquake), and your ability to believe that Scarf Houndoom will outrun Deoxys-E.

I love it when people switch in there Gengars or Deoxys E(OU ladder) to revenge kill just to get there R-killer savaged.
I just don't see this working. Looks random, with no synergy.

It actualy did outrun the Deoxys I ran into but it's mainly for Suspect Ladder so that doesn't realy matter. It actualy isn't that random and it works great. I rarely have lost and when I do it normaly involves SR or trick room so it's working well. The changes have worked well especialy the new item on Luke. The moves have been changed and Claydol has replaced Weavile.Any other suggestions?

May I suggest Explosion/Meteor Mash over Ice Punch/Zen Headbutt. Meta's Max attack with CB is 603. So explosion hurts everything that isn't steel or Ghost. Zen Headbutt really doesn't have good coverage. There are practilly no Poison types in OU and keeping Meta in on a Fighter is suicide, especcially with those EVs. A better EV spread would be Adamant 238 HP, 252 Att, 20 Spe. It outspeeds Magnezone by 4 points unless they invest majorly into Speed.
EDIT: Never put HP EVs on. Infernape has no need for HP EVs as he is a sweeper SR layer. So move those HP EVs into Special attack. So a stronger Fire Blast.

Uhm, the EV spread on that Infernape is wrong. With the current spread, Fire Blast won't do much. Change it to 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 208 Spe, Naive. Also, Vaporeon would enjoy Protect over either Ice Beam or HP Electric. By the looks of it, it would go best over Ice Beam, since Gyarados really threatens your team. Metagross can't hit it hard enough, except with Explosion, and you don't want your Deoxys-S counter dead before it fulfills its job.

OK thanks. But I don't like the idea of leaving my only dragon counter to be Claydol so does anyone have any suggestion about that?

I've added Explosion but I'm not sure about MM because normaly it's not smart to have two moves of the same type on the same pokemon.
Unless they function differently. Bullet Punch is for priority/revenge killing and MM is for power.

OK. I'll try it. But that removes the last Ice type move besides Claydols Ice beam from my team. So I realy need suggestions on how to add one

Bump. I realy need a better counter to dragons then Claydol because they run through this team once they get a boost. I've permanently gone with MM on Metagross though I'm not sure I'm keeping protect on Vappy as I don't get much use out of it. Please rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)