How did you create your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is from a dog I used have called wolfgang who was named after Eddie Van Halen's son, Wolfgang, who was named after Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. I began to call all my dog like pokemon (like arcanine and lucario) wolfgang or wolfy. I don't know why I changed the spelling and 92 is the number I always use if the name I want is taken.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Originally my first username was Jackuar when I started out on pe2k. Then when I got banned from there I decided I needed a fresh start so then I just put 2 and 2 together and made Battlulz (Batt - from battle, and lulz from...yeah). I'm thinking of another name change though because every god damn person seems to spell my name wrong, ranging from Battulz to Battlelulz to Battlielulz...:pirate:

When I first started out in competitive Pokemon, I went by "GMX." (GundamMageX) After a while, I got tired of the name and realized it was pretty whack. I joined Smogon as "Lunar Fang" since one of my favorite shows of all time happens to be Wolf's Rain.

Hi im new here! I love steel types like Metal power but thats not the reason :P
One of my first username was mulsh sooo its pretty much it, nah I was thinking about mulch and I just modified the c!

Corm

Hmm, what was I drinking....?

I was eating AppleJacks and saw Corn on the box but since Corn sounds Corny and stupid I picked Corm also I didnt want to have a long ass Pokemon name like

XXRaquazaMasterXX3

Frankly, was derived from Death Note.
I liked the whole single letter concept that L had, and I liked the concept, but decided to do it with another letter. I picked K for some reason (and it never occured to me for some reason that that's what Kira starts with, but whatever.)
However, you can't have one letter for a name, so I changed K to Kay, which after all, is pronounced in the exact same manner.

I was rereading Dune for the 6th or so time when making my Shoddy account and wanted a different name than the one I usually used, which was Sardaukar. I went with Tleilax, and wanted it to match when I registered here.

Oh boy. I hate my background story for my name. x(

The day I decided to join smogon, I tried making my name a joke so I made it The Man... (tyke). Once I realized how stupid it was I had it changed to TheMantyke. I still kind of regret my user name choice.
Sounds like something you would do xP

I'm the king of the Yoshis.
*kneels*

As for mine, it goes back to when I played football in highschool. "Hot garbage" was a popular insult amongst the team (MAN U HOT GARBAGE YO), and for some reason I found it very amusing, so it stuck with me.

Fast forward maybe a year and some friends brought over an Xbox and Halo 2. I soon realized that I needed to create a username, so I thought on it a bit..... and remembered the phrase "hot garbage". It immediately stuck. I liked the sound of it for whatever reason, and I found it kinda funny because I was basically insulting myself. (ironically I would soon find that I was indeed garbage at halo :V) It also set up stuff like "man hotgarbage is garbage!" and "PSHHHH you just got beat by hotgarbage!!!".

Fast forward another year or two and I was joining smogon. I couldn't think of anything really, so I remembered my old Halo sn and went with it.

So yeah, long story short I chose my sn because it appealed to my rather off sense off humor ^_______>.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My friends always called the Halo 2 Plasma Pistol "Hot Garbage" because of how it overheats and sucks ass. Did they nickname the gun after you?

I decided to make a username based on a pokemon
team I was going to try, & I really like the Megaman games.
Well, Gravity Man is a boss on one of the games,
but Gravity Beetle (from Megaman X3)
sounds a lot more original.
A LOT more original.
Too many names that ends with "man"...
Superman...
Batman...
Spider-man....
Megaman....
Protoman....
Ultraman...
Bibleman.....
Etc, etc, etc.
Yuck....

Oh lawl, you're on this site too HotGarbage. You did frame data and stuff at SWF.

My username...it's pronounced "A to Z OMG!"

I was in a hilarious mood at the time and I was thinking random stuff. And I was 100% convinced there would be nobody else in the entire internets who would have thought that phrase up the way I did.

The first time I signed onto a form was approximately five years ago, when I was about 9 or 10. My first username was Infinity_Dragon; being the little idiot that I was back then, I thought it was cool. About a year later, I decided that name sucked. So, I used my favorite mythological creature ever as my username. Usually Phoenix is already taken, however, under which case I'll add Newblet to it just for the hell of it.

Thus, Phoenix and my Shoddy name, Newblet Phoenix.

I couldn't really think of one and I lurked smogon for a bit before signing up and read about ggfan being a retard so I made jjfun. I honestly don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)