How did you create your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I created mine from a recurring theme from the comics "Calvin and Hobbes" by Bill Watterson, in which Calvin always bothers his dad to read him a story called "Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooie". Since those comics are awesome and the name seemed original I chose the Gooey Kablooie part.

In Naruto, Shikamaru's catch phrase is "How troublesome" or other variations of that type of thing.

Mendokuse is just how it's said in Japanese.

My younger sister is addicted to internet quizzes. She found a silly one that was supposed to have the computer guess your name, age, and gender based on the questions you answered. If the almighty internet says I'm a 70-year-old ex-mobster named Columbus Rayburn, who am I to question it?

When I was joining the Star Wars Miniatures forum (awesome board game BTW) I was at a loss for what to call myself. I remembered a phrase my friend and fellow lefty used to say: "Lefties will rule the world."

I just typed that in, and kept using it on all the forums I join. :P

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Holy shit one of our school's counselors is a Dr. Dave.
Even weirder: My dad's a Dr. Dave.

Okay, so I think you can figure out that my name is my username... I don't know how it was available on the forums but not on the shoddy server so it's a bit annoying but I'll take it.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To make a long story short, I came to shoddy with the only purpose being to prove that Wobbuffet was good in Ubers. I had made 5 teams already, but I couldn't find a user name for myself. I decided on "Theorymon" because at that point, all my teams were made with no true battling experience (PBR does not count as experience lol). I was eventully planing on geting a name change, but the name has grown on me!

My username on forums usually are "RoflTacos" or "TehThrasher" but people call Seanizzle because of an inside joke so I decided to use that here.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Got it from this character from a show, Im sure some of you are familiar with him.

I was 12.

Let's leave it at that.
the story behind your name is AMAZING though lol..

well, my names aren't very original, but i have a lot ~_~ people keep asking what they are, so...

when i was twelve or so, i watched a lot of anime, and one of the anime i liked (angelic layer) had a character named misaki. in the series she got a nickname, 'misaki-chi', and when asked for her name in a tournament, she said she was misaki-chi instead of her full name, which was incredibly awkward but endearing. i began using it on other forums and sites, and when i signed up, i just wanted to correct the site's grammar and fade back into oblivion, so it didn't matter to me what i signed up with. unfortunately the name is old and i didn't really want to stick with it, but for ages i resisted having my name changed because it's what i signed up with, i assumed jumpluff was taken, and it's what i was known by on the forums, although tbh i mostly post in c&c and everyone there knows me as shiki / jumpluff anyway.

shiki misaki is a video game character. part of the reason i picked it is to match with 'misaki-chi'. i lost the pass to my misaki-chi shoddy alt, so i made shiki misaki as a testing alt, and stuck with it. there have actually been multiple users surprised to learn shiki misaki isn't actually my name!

jumpluff is what i'm most known by because i use it on IRC, and i recently had my forum username changed to it to avoid confusion. in the past, i was confused with users like jumpy fluff, much to aldaron's chagrin (so much he didn't like me at first, but we're cool now etc.!) i like the pokémon jumpluff and i like the look of the word (the low tail of j and p combined with the stems of l and ff) as well as its sound, so when i began lurking around smogon IRC, i just used it.

Mine's pretty simple. My name is Carl, and I'm a chemistry student.

I started using CarltheChemist as a user name on Xbox live (I no longer play) a few years back when I first started taking chemistry in high school, and I've liked it ever since.

I was making names up (I was never good at it though) and came up with Kaito, but after a while i noticed that it actually was a Japanese name, meaning mysterious/phantom thief xD

pretty weird story, but i like my name :P

Then why, may I ask, would you not capitalize your first name?
My username also happens to be my name, just shortened a bit.

Mine is quite simple as well. You see my username is my name!
I assumed it was a play on "Odysseus".

Oh, and for anyone interested, I put off joining Smogon for months, maybe years, because I couldn't think of a decent name. Eventually I got bored of not being a part of it so I just slapped down the first thing that came to mind. I was intending to get it changed later, but then it just sort of stuck.

I'm actually still looking for a new username, something short and sweet but that doesn't actually say anything about myself (like Plus, Beej, Bass, cookie, Thorns, X-Act, Shade, etc). If you've got an idea, drop my a line on IRC.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
My good friend gen and i were talking one day about one of his alts, project houndoom. i went by mootoo or garchomphata back in those days. he said he chose project houndoom because, well, it was a bad ass name! heh...i too wanted a bad ass nick, so i chose the most bad ass name in the world-bad ass!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I found words that I liked and put them together. I also made sure they rhymed. Aroma and Flora sound right together. =D I guess you can say that I like flowers too. ^_^

I wanted it to do with Karl Pilkington. However noone would understand FuckingOrangeHead so i changed it to a T-shirt Gervais used to wear which just said Bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)