How to clone Pokemon in Emerald version

Wow. If only someone had figured this out a month ago. My friend gave me a sharked deoxys and celebi, but not a mew because he only had one...I would have a load of mews now if someone had found this earlier...
This is very time consuming, so I'm not going over board. I have tons of items on my list to duplicate, but I'm not going to put in the time. As of now, I'm only cloning my ubers that I haven't EV trained, so I start over when I mess up...
I also have a master ball that I will clone, and then I'm starting over on sapphire, ruby, leaf green, and XD to get awesome IVed Kyogre, Groudon, Latios, Mewtwo, and Lugia.
Overall, nice find, but I'm not willing to put the time in right now :D

Sweet find Glen!

I knew there had to be some glitch in emerald that would allow you to dupe pokemon, and yet noone was bothered to find out about it, but you went the extra mile Glen, and now we can get away with absolute bloody murder when D/P comes out by trading duped pokemon.

Now, my army of clone Lugia's will be possible:evil:

On a side note, Serebii.net's forums are flooded with threads about this. It's almost amusing to watch.:lol:

Much appreaciated. For those curious, I've cloned about 75 different Pokemon already, most of which I am trading to my brother's friend's sister, following the directions perfectly and I have yet to experience any glitches.

so do this means no more tradeing to fr/le and train until lv 96 and ev train? no more restarting the game just to get a eq or a master ball? no more wasting time to lv up a newly hatched pokemon to find out its evs? more rare candies than i could shark? and after ive done all those is my game going to corrupt?

would this work for fl/lg in the trainer tower? i'hope you know when your're first arrive there and about to start your first battle the lady will ask you to save then start battleing
could any one try this out? dose any one has not been to the 7th island yet?

cruselax said:
so do this means no more tradeing to fr/le and train until lv 96 and ev train? no more restarting the game just to get a eq or a master ball? no more wasting time to lv up a newly hatched pokemon to find out its evs? more rare candies than i could shark? and after ive done all those is my game going to corrupt?
Yes, but only your game.

I hate to be the devil's advocate here, but what's the point? I mean, I love having six Lv. 91 Linoones for the price of one, 6 Leftovers, 6 Choice Bands, and all the TMs I need, but aside from that, what good is it to clone pokemon? I have six Mewtwos with perfect Sp. Attack IVs, but they're still Modest. I can't make a physical sweeper out of any of them. I've got six Agiligrosses, but they're all the same. Cloned pokes are no better at breeding than the original. Is the only real use for this to clone our friends pokemon and get items?

Well obviously so that if you have like a Kyogre with all 31 IVs and your friend can't beat his game he can just clone it and use it. Or if your friend sucks at pokemon or can't be bothered to breed he can just clone and then have a good team.

You can just clone items you know, it can go by this method that someone posted on another forum:

- Make sure there are at least 2 Pokémon in your party that are eligible for Frontier battling.

- Attach items to Pokémon in the box(es) using the Move Items mode of the PC.

- Exit the PC and save the game.

- Remove all the items from the box(es) using the Move Items mode.

- Go to the woman on the far right and do exactly as you would when cloning Pokémon.

That can work in the same way, as it follows the same mechanics.. Or something

errr first off i didnt find the cloning trick, as i said, i found this on another forum and am just sharing it. second the cloning item trick is kinda useless as cloning pokemon clones the items too :/

The pomeg glitch owns this hard, but my main use for this trick is to make 6 Lv100 Latios so I can have a memento base.

...For the much better Pomeg glitch.

EDIT: I have legal soul dews too so anyone who might be in Orlando..lol.

Want one?

yeah spanks i will be editing that into this thread shortly, i would like to find all the details out and write it myself though (regarding things like the daycare) instead of just doing half-assed c/ping like last time

edit: how the hell does the pomeg glitch own this hard? it doesnt really accomplish anything

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
Glen, just because you are this awesome, I'm going to catch a Ditto in my next run-through of a Pokemon game and name it Glen, because Dittos are used for lots of breeding, and I think you deserve lots of sex for this awesome thread.

I don't really understand the item cloning glitch, but I would like to. What pokemon in what box? Can you only have one pokemon holding an item in a box, or can I fill the box with pokemon holding items? Can someone simplify the procedure?

Also, what's the pomeg glitch? And how does having six Latios' give you a "memento base," Requiem?

Amazing Ampharos in Petit Cup Thread said:
The Pomeg glitch is basically exploiting a really dumb oversight by the people who coded Emerald. Here's how to do it:

1. Get a decently high leveled Pokemon with some HP EVs. Don't use something stupid like Shedinja.
2. Get that Pokemon down to 1 HP.
3. Use a Pomeg Berry on it.

Here's what will happen. When a Pomeg Berry is used on a Pokemon, it subtracts the 10 HP EVs and sees how much health it took away. It then subtracts this from max HP and current HP. The trick is to make it reduce HP by two and have a Pokemon with just one HP. This will cause the current HP to roll over to 65535(which the game displays as ?35). There is a ton of odd behavoir when you do this. If you battle with the Pokemon and it takes damage in battle of just about any sort, the game enters what seems to be an infinite loop(it may terminate eventually when the HP reaches legitimate values; that is unknown). Eruption and Water Spout are ridiculous under these conditions; I heard of a Smeargle doing over 90% to a Blissey this way. It really doesn't have any real use in a competitive sense, but there is one little trick. When you use a Full Restore or Max Potion on one of these Pokemon, it will "heal" them to zero HP. They won't faint. I don't recall the specifics, but I know you can use it to confuse the game into sending out eggs and blank spaces in your party. An egg will act like the Pokemon inside except with the egg's pallete(looks like it wasn't fully developed). Eggs can level up and learn new moves, and when they hatch, they'll retain moves. Eggs can evolve, but they will remain eggs and when they hatch they'll already be evolved. When eggs do hatch, they lose all experience gained, any items they are holding, happiness, and EVs(maybe a few other things too). This trick could theoretically be used to hatch a level 5 Agility Metagross; however, it is so arduous to level up an egg that odds are the egg would hatch long before it even reached level 15. The evolution thing was tested with Wurmples, Caterpies, and Weedles if you were wondering. Using the blank space is interesting but useless. It sends out the RS Missingno. No, there is no item multiplication or glitch effects. You are just going to freeze the game.

Sorry I don't remember the exact specifics of the glitch, but as you can see it lets you mess with the little cup. Theoretically, level 5 Meteor Mash Metang is legal within little cup rules. It's like using the Mew glitch to get a level 7 Dragonite for the RBY Pika Cup. If you want to replicate the glitch, it shouldn't be hard to do. Trading it to RS and FRLG does some cool stuff too; it generally wasn't all that well tested and only a few people from gamefaqs really remember much about it.
^is the pomeg glitch

and this glitch helps us to get our missed cloning from gsc =D they nearly revamped everything but jhoto D=

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Somebody in Serebiiforums said:
For people wondering what the pomeg glitch is, it's an Emerald only glitch that allows you to glitch a pokemon's HP. To do it, you need to have a reasonably high leveled pokemon with a around 20 HP Evs+. Get that pokemon down to 1 HP and then use a Pomeg Berry on it. This should make the pokemon's Hp go to ?35. With this, you can see a pokemon in it's "larval stage" while in an egg. To do that, use a Full Restore on the pokemon with ?35 HP. This should make the pokemon appear to be fainted, but if it's your only pokemon left(besides eggs), you'll see it's not. Now, if your only pokemon with you are the ?35 HP pokemon and an egg in the first position after you use a Full Restore, when you go into a battle you should send out the egg and it will have the sprite of a reddish version of the pokemon inside the egg. At this point, you can raise the egg until it hatches as long as you keep the same party with you.
That should answer the question
EDIT: Beaten.....

You can just clone items you know, it can go by this method that someone posted on another forum:

- Make sure there are at least 2 Pokémon in your party that are eligible for Frontier battling.

- Attach items to Pokémon in the box(es) using the Move Items mode of the PC.

- Exit the PC and save the game.

- Remove all the items from the box(es) using the Move Items mode.

- Go to the woman on the far right and do exactly as you would when cloning Pokémon.
Does this require a box with only one pokemon?
And for the 4th step, you place the items in your party, right?

Wow, perfectly legitimate cloning. Interesting how Emerald's got this and the Pomeg glitch; that's some oversight. I'll wait a bit to use this, though, just in case it comes with some unforeseen consequences.

(On an unrelated note, PokeFan Marianne's "e-boyfriend" is listing the sn's of "known cloners" and mailing them to Nintendo. Link )

Quaza-A said:
Does this require a box with only one pokemon?
And for the 4th step, you place the items in your party, right?
Yeah, and you can put the items anywhere, AFAIK it doesn't matter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)