How to Stay Calm as You Get Swept: an OU Warstory

I’ll be confident enough to say that this is my first warstory in Stark. Also, I must warn you that this is a rather long warstory with the most exciting moments near the middle-end. If you do commit to my long story, I promise you that my discussions are thoughtful and carefully-edited.

As I was testing out a team which utilized the classic Grass/Fire/Water core of which has gained much attention as a result of Salamence's absence from OU, I entered a battle that was strategically intriguing. Clevotar (who goes by the name of Nonemus here on Smogon) runs a team designed with multiple Pokemon that attempt to make a fast set-up and sweep. As Clevotar’s opposite in this battle, I run a very conservative team that depends on careful, tactical countering. The result is a battle between sword and shield, jet plane versus tank, offense versus defense.

Will Clevotar’s fiery offenses decimate the battlefield, or will my defenses endure the terrifying storm? Read on to find out!

Grammarian’s Team:

Clevotar’s team can be found at the bottom if you decide not to wait and allow this fiery battle to unfold before your eyes as it did before mine!

Ladder Match
Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Evasion Clause
Species Clause
Strict Damage Clause

My comments will be in Blue.
The score will be in Red.
The battle will be in Bold.
The HP left on each Pokemon will be underlined with Leftovers accounted for. Leftovers, entry hazards, Sandstorm and Life Orb recoil will be omitted.

clevotar sent out Roserade.
Grammarian sent out Aerodactyl.
Aerodactyl is exerting its pressure!

100%
100%

The battle begins and I’m feeling rather comfortable with this situation. Unless this is a Choice Scarf Roserade, my Aerodactyl can handily serve its simple yet vital role of setting up Stealth Rocks and stopping his various Spikes. He will probably predict my Taunt, but Toxic Spikes would certainly cripple my team as I have three Pokemon succeptable to Toxic with no Rapid Spinner or cleric for support. Thus I make the obvious Taunt.

---

Aerodactyl used Taunt.
Roserade fell for the taunt!
Roserade used Leaf Storm.
Aerodactyl lost 95% of its health.
Roserade's special attack was harshly lowered.

100%
5%

As I figured, he predicted my Taunt and went straight for the attack. No matter, just as long as Aerodactyl can accomplish his most important job.

---

Aerodactyl used Stealth Rock.
Roserade used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Aerodactyl lost 5% of its health.
Grammarian's Aerodactyl fainted.

100%
0%

6-5 Clevotar

Aerodactyl does exactly what he’s supposed to do and now I can safely switch in Heatran on a Roserade that can’t lay a petal on him.

---

Grammarian switched in Heatran.

100%
100%

It’s practically a guarantee that my opponent will switch out at this moment, so my Heatran will fancy himself to the protection of a Substitute. The Heatran that I'm running is more conservative than most, with Leftovers over the Life Orb and Flamethrower over Fire Blast. This allows Heatran to be much more reliable versus dishing out semi-reliable damage.

---

clevotar switched in Cresselia.
Heatran used Substitute.

88%
81% + Substitute

This match-up is both good and bad for me. The good is that Cresselia will have a very hard time breaking through Heatran’s Substitutes. The bad is that my opponent must know this fact as well and will attempt some form of set-up. I hardly ever give up a good Substitute, so I’ll stick around to see what Cresselia is cooking.

---

Heatran used Flamethrower.
Cresselia lost 32% of its health.
Cresselia used Reflect.

56% {Reflect}
87% + Substitute

Indeed, no Leftovers recovery reveals to me that this is a Light Clay Cresselia who will set-up her Screens and switch to a frailer sweeper. This could get very ugly for me fast, but I remain confident with a Heatran behind a Substitute that Cresselia cannot hope to break so I’ll wait to see how things play out.

---

Cresselia lost 32% of its health.
Cresselia used Light Screen.

24% {Reflect, Light Screen}
93% + Substitute

And so Cresselia has finished setting both of her Screens up. At this point, the most logical decision for my opponent would be to switch to his sweeper now and either break my Substitute or use one turn to set-up while he still has his Screens. Since I have no way to predict what type he will send in, I’ll just go for the STAB Flamethrower and hope for the lucky Burn.

---

clevotar switched in Kingdra.
It's not very effective...
Kingdra lost 8% of its health.

80% {Reflect, Light Screen}
99% + Substitute

Kingdra comes in which certainly spells trouble for me. Behind a Light Screen, Kingdra can easily shrug off my attacks and start Dragon or Rain Dancing. Predicting my opponent to go straight away for a set-up move, I’ll go into my bulky Water type.

---

Grammarian switched in Slowbro.
Kingdra used Dragon Dance.
Kingdra's attack was raised.
Kingdra's speed was raised.

80% {Reflect, Light Screen} [+1 Attack, +1 Speed]
100%

Here comes my check to Machamp and most physical water types, Slowbro. At this point I’m thinking that this is either the Substitute + Dragon Dancing Kingdra or the three attacks + Dragon Dance Kingdra. My attacks won’t be doing much at all with the Light Screen still up and lowering Kingdra’s speed is my priority, so I’ll take a risk and hope this Kingdra lacks Substitute to block my Thunder Wave.

---

Slowbro used Thunder Wave.
Kingdra is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

80% (Paralyzed) {Reflect, Light Screen} [+2 Attack, +2 Speed]
100%

Everything worked out wonderfully for me! If Kingdra managed to set up a Substitute, this warstory would quickly finish from here. With Light Screen still up, my safest option is to whittle Kingdra’s HP down.

---

Kingdra is paralysed! It can't move!
Slowbro used Surf.
Kingdra lost 5% of its health.

75% (Paralyzed) {Reflect, Light Screen} [+2 Attack, +2 Speed]
100%

That was most definitely a miss-click as I meant to select Psychic, but either way the parahax buffed my short burst of recklessness there.

---

Slowbro used Psychic.
Kingdra lost 19% of its health.

56% (Paralyzed) {Reflect, Light Screen} [+3 Attack, +3 Speed]
100%

My opponent is adamant to set up a sweep and continues to prove how utterly slow a Slowbro truly is in comparison to a paralyzed Pokemon. I’ll hold my ground and wait out for the Light Screen to dissipate.

---

Slowbro used Psychic.
Kingdra lost 18% of its health.
Kingdra's special defence was lowered.
Kingdra's reflect wore off!

38% (Paralyzed) {Light Screen} [+4 Attack, -1 Special Defense, +4 Speed]
100%

Kingdra continues to serenade my baffled and indifferent Slowbro with her mystical dancing. Fortunately Kingdra received a Special Defence drop which should at least negate the still-present Light Screen. I’ll continue chipping away at this sea-beast.

---

Kingdra used Rest.
Kingdra fell asleep!
Kingdra's Chesto Berry cured its Sleep!
Kingdra restored 63% of its health.
Slowbro used Psychic.
Kingdra lost 27% of its health.
Kingdra's light screen wore off!

73% [+4 Attack, -1 Special Defense, +4 Speed]
100%

Chesto + Rest quickly changed my position in this battle from secured to in immediate danger! Knowing that Kingdra’s final two moves are most likely Waterfall and Outrage, I consider the casualties my team could face. Slowbro will be able to handily absorb a +4 Waterfall and paralyze Kingdra back. However, I’m certain that my opponent realizes this obvious fact and will hope for the 0HKO with Outrage. There’s a healthy chance that Slowbro can survive +4 Outrage, so I’ll set my priority on slowing Kingdra down.

---

Kingdra used Outrage.
Kingdra went on a rampage!
Slowbro lost 91% of its health.
Slowbro used Thunder Wave.
Kingdra is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

73% (Paralyzed) [+4 Attack, -1 Special Defense, +4 Speed]
15%

Looking at that damage output, I now realize how crucial that one earlier turn of parahax was for my Slowbro to survive this Outrage. If Kingdra received no turns of parahax, it could have possibly gotten +5 Attack to 0HKO Slowbro. However, the odds were against Kingdra to receive no turns of parahax so I’ll happily accept this outcome. I know that Kingdra will now finish off my Slowbro followed by me switching to an appropriate revenge.

---

Kingdra used Outrage.
Slowbro lost 15% of its health.
Grammarian's Slowbro fainted.

0%

6-4 Clevotar

You have seriously impressed me, Slowbro. Only a few select elite Pokemon can survive a neutral STAB +4 Outrage from Kingdra and paralyze it right back. Enjoy your rest while Zapdos comes in for the revenge kill.

---

Grammarian switched in Zapdos.
Zapdos is exerting its pressure!

100%

There’s no reason for me to think that my opponent will switch out a paralyzed Kingdra unless he’s packing a cleric, so I’ll go for the necessary STAB attack.

---

Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
Kingdra lost 73% of its health.
clevotar's Kingdra fainted.

0%
100%

5-4 Clevotar

Fortunately, that’s one majorly threatening sweeper down. Seeing the Roserade lead, I suspect that my opponent’s team may have some trouble against bulky waters. With Slowbro gone now, it would have been very unfortunate for me if my opponent retreated Kingdra for a cleric, especially Blissey. Seeing as how he left Kingdra in to pay the piper, I can be assured that he has no Blissey.

---

clevotar switched in Tyranitar.
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!

88%
100%

However, it appears that my opponent has a viable check to my Zapdos in Tyranitar. I’m a bit surprised that he didn’t think to switch in his Tyranitar against my Slowbro, but I suppose he worried about Slowbro firing off super effective STAB Surfs or simply Thunder Waving. No matter, I have a perfect check to Tyranitar that has yet to be revealed.

---

Grammarian switched in Machamp.
Tyranitar used Dragon Dance.
Tyranitar's attack was raised.
Tyranitar's speed was raised.

88% [+1 Attack, +1 Speed]
100%

Machamp has had a significant spike up in usage lately and for good reason: Tyranitar is lurking at every corner. My opponent’s turn reveals to me that he’s running multiple Dragon Dancing sweepers and indeed my assumption about his bulky Water weakness was correct. Blocking that Roserade from setting Toxic Spikes was paramount to my success in this match. If I were my opponent, I would be fearful of Machamp’s easy 0HKO Dynamicpunch. With Machamp’s tendency to cause switches, I favor running the Substitute + Encore moveset which allows for me to play a bit more conservatively and cautiously. I’ll predict the switch now and set up the Sub, hoping that a Gliscor doesn’t enter the fray to wall my Machamp.

---

Tyranitar used Stone Edge.
Machamp lost 56% of its health.
Tyranitar lost 10% of its health.
Machamp used Substitute.

78% [+1 Attack, +1 Speed]
19% + Substitute

My opponent predicts my over-prediction and goes straight for the Stone Edge either hoping that I were running a less-bulkier version of Machamp or that Stone Edge would crit. At least my Machamp has his invaluable Substitute up and now I can make the most logical attack in Dynamicpunch.

---

Tyranitar used Fire Punch.
The substitute took damage for Machamp!
Machamp's substitute faded!
Machamp used Dynamicpunch.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 78% of its health.
clevotar's Tyranitar fainted.
0%
19%

4-4

And so my opponent felt threatened enough by a Machamp behind a Sub to sacrifice his Tyranitar. Despite the over-prediction that I made earlier, I’m very content with eliminating two of his most prominent sweepers. I expect the Cresselia to return and possibly give effort to once again set up some Screens for another sweep.

---

clevotar switched in Cresselia.

12%
19%

The way I see it, my opponent has two options here. If his Cresselia is packing the Psychic, then he will simply eliminate me while he has the opportunity. Another option is to set up at least one Screen in order to attempt at another sweep (assuming of course that he has yet another unrevealed sweeper). Because this Cresselia is using the Dual Screens moveset and is holding the Light Clay, I doubt it has Rest to stall my Machamp out of his low PP. In either event, my Machamp has performed his duty at eliminating one of his most dangerous sweepers, so I’ll see how my opponent behaves.

---

Cresselia used Thunder Wave.
Machamp is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Machamp used Stone Edge.
Cresselia lost 12% of its health.
clevotar's Cresselia fainted.

0%
19% (Paralyzed)

3-4 Grammarian

This I did not predict coming, but I understand why my opponent chose Thunder Wave. I’ll assume that Cresselia is running the traditional Dual Screen moveset and has Reflect, Light Screen, Thunder Wave and Lunar Dance. With my Machamp at low enough health for most Pokemon to take him out, his low speed is not threatening at this point. Selecting Thunder Wave would have crippled any Pokemon had I decided to save my Machamp and switched out on Cresselia’s predictable Screen set-up. In any case, his already weakened Cresselia is down and I expect either a revenge killer or a sweeper to enter.

---

clevotar switched in Celebi.

88%
19% (Paralyzed)

This I found to be rather strange. If my opponent had a Celebi this entire time, why wait until now to reveal it when it could have switched into my Slowbro or my Machamp for the quick revenge kill without having to sacrifice his Cresselia simply to Thunder Wave. Because my opponent has waited until now to reveal his Celebi and based on the sweeping nature of his team, I predict Celebi to be a completely offensive sweeper. At this point, I expect him to either revenge kill or set up. Once again, I’ll stay in and see how things play out.

---

Celebi used Calm Mind.
Celebi's special attack was raised.
Celebi's special defence was raised.
Machamp used Stone Edge.
Celebi lost 29% of its health.

59% [+1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense]
19%

I predicted right in that this Celebi is indeed a sweeper, but the leftovers tells me that this is a bulky set-up Celebi. This leads me to believe that this is a two-attack Celebi with Calm Mind and Recover. Hoping that my opponent will feel unthreatened by Machamp at this moment and go for another greedy Calm Mind, I’ll unleash a nasty surprise.

---

Celebi used Calm Mind.
Machamp used Encore.
Celebi got an encore!

59% (Encore) [+2 Special Attack, +2 Special Defense]
19%

Encore is such a wonderful move for guys like me who like to "play it safe" and conservatively. My opponent makes the greedy play and my Machamp punishes him for constantly underestimating Machamp’s versatility. From here I’ll just go for a Stone Edge which should harshly dent whatever will replace the arrogant Celebi.

---

clevotar switched in Roserade.
Machamp used Stone Edge.
Roserade lost 77% of its health.

5%
19%

Roserade makes her return only to suffer a devastating amount of damage. Machamp has certainly proven his worth by eliminating nearly three Pokemon as well as halting another sweep. From this point on, I expect my opponent to no longer underestimate Machamp’s potential and will go for the direct attack. Good-night, sweet prince Machamp; And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

---

Roserade used Leaf Storm.
Machamp lost 19% of its health.
Grammarian's Machamp fainted.
Roserade's special attack was harshly lowered.
clevotar's Roserade fainted.

0%
0%

2-3 Grammarian

In a truly Shakespearean fashion, Roserade uses Leaf Storm on Machamp for the revenge kill only to be taken down herself by the Sandstorm. Can the tragedy which surrounds the manner of Pokemon battles compare to 17th century plays written by the English Bard? Probably not, but if you use your imagination you can invent hilarious scenes where Roserade acts as Hamlet and Machamp as King Claudius. But I digress here; it’s a double knock out and with both of our leads gone there’s a bit of estimation and luck involved here. Because I’ve already knocked his Tyranitar out, I feel that my opponent will have a difficult time standing up to my Special Bulky Zapdos.

---

Grammarian switched in Zapdos.
Pointed stones dug into Celebi.
Celebi lost 12% of its health.
Zapdos is exerting its pressure!

47%
100%

I made a wonderful prediction in selecting Zapdos as Celebi lacks any STAB super effective attacks. Because I know that this Celebi is a sweeper, the most threatening move it can do to me is Hidden Power Ice which I have little fear for as this particular Zapdos is almost max Special Defense. He might go for the Calm Mind but I feel comfortable enough to take the offensive.

---

Celebi used Calm Mind.
Zapdos used Heat Wave.
It's super effective!
Celebi lost 31% of its health.

16% [+1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense]
100%

So my opponent stays in to try to get enough Calm Minds up to make my super effective Heat Waves negligible enough to survive for a sweep. I have yet to see his full moveset so switching into Heatran is a risk for Celebi may pack Earth Power. Although things might turn sour for me here, my Zapdos is comfortable enough at this moment to continue the offensive. For what seems like the thousandth time this battle I will stay in to see how my opponent plays out his sweep.

---

Celebi used Baton Pass.
clevotar switched in Zapdos.
Zapdos used Heat Wave.
Zapdos lost 22% of its health.

47% [+1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense]
100%

One swift Baton Pass quickly puts me in an unfavorable situation! This Zapdos can potentially sweep through the rest of my team with the appropriate amount of HP. Luckily, the combination of a Heat Wave, entry hazards, and Sandstorm has taken quite a toll on this unveiled sweeper. Noticing that my opponent’s Zapdos does not carry Leftovers reveals to me that it most likely carries Life Orb which is a relief for me. My Zapdos can weaken the opposing Zapdos to a point in which it will go down by its own choice in Life Orb. I’ll thus go for the strongest attack Zapdos has and hope my plan works out.

---

Zapdos used Roost.
Zapdos restored 50% of its health.
Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
Zapdos lost 16% of its health.

75% [+1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense]
100%

My opponent either predicts me to switch or knows the precarious position in which his Zapdos is in. With Thunderbolt and Sandstorm combined, the opposing Zapdos is taking about a quarter damage per strike and there is always the chance for the possible paralysis. My Zapdos is the most reliable Pokemon to take on this threat so I’ll continue to whittle at my opponent’s health and hope to endure the constant battery from my opponent’s sweepers.

---

Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
Zapdos lost 67% of its health.
Zapdos lost 10% of its health.
Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
Zapdos lost 28% of its health.

31% [+1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense]
33%

The two Zapdos exchange Thunderbolts (literally living up to the name Zap + “Dos” which is “two” in Spanish) and it seems as if residual damage will be the real opponent to both Pokemon. My opponent has the option of taking out my Zapdos in the next turn, but that would result in a nearly fainted Zapdos which would perish the next turn of an attack. The most conservative move my opponent could make is to Roost for a tad more HP while trying to dodge paralysis which is what I predict him to do. After that, his Zapdos may succeed in sweeping through the rest of my team. My Zapdos cannot do much harm at this point, so my only tactic from here will be to botch his HP while eventually sacrificing my bird.

---

Zapdos used Roost.
Zapdos restored 50% of its health.
Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
Zapdos lost 15% of its health.

60% [+1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense]
33%

It appears that my prediction is exactly what will occur and things aren’t looking good for me at all. His Zapdos is set to sweep through the rest of my team and all I can do from this point on is to sit by the wayside and embrace the onslaught that I will inevitably draw. At this point I have psychologically accepted defeat.

---

Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
Zapdos lost 33% of its health.
Grammarian's Zapdos fainted.

44% [+1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense]
0%

2-2 Clevotar

My wonderfully useful bird is shot down as well as any hope of me winning this match. I said the classic “GG” to my opponent and he returns a good-spirited “GG, nice try” right back at me. At least I will have the satisfaction of losing to someone with sympathy.

---

Grammarian switched in Heatran.

44% [+1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense]
99%

Despite Heatran’s good-health, Zapdos will handily decimate him with a simple peal of thunder. My situation is grim and my fate is written.

---

Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
Heatran lost 100% of its health.
Grammarian's Heatran fainted.

28% [+1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense]
0%

2-1 Clevotar

“Boom goes the dynamite,” “Losers quit when they’re tired. Winners quit when they’ve won,” “Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it.” All of these terrible sports-related quotes run through my head as I stare into the eyes of that devilish bird who stares right back at me with a calm disposition (Get it, it has a Calm Mind?) But remembering what Nietzsche said about staring into the abyss for too long, I quickly send out my last Pokemon: an innocent Shaymin which will get massacred by a ferocious Heat Wave no doubt…

---

Grammarian switched in Shaymin.

28% [+1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense]
100%

… I’m sorry that I’ve failed you, Shaymin…

… Goodbye…

---

Shaymin used Seed Flare.
Zapdos lost 28% of its health.
clevotar's Zapdos fainted.
Shaymin lost 10% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Shaymin is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Shaymin lost 6% of its health.

0%
84%

1-1

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? MY SHAYMIN IS FASTER THAN THAT ZAPDOS! I stare at my computer screen in utter disbelief for a good half-minute and wonder what kind of EV spread this Zapdos has. Granted, my Shaymin is Timid, but it is only running 224 Speed EVs which typically does not outrun Offensive Zapdos. I did a damage calc and indeed his Zapdos’ damage output is that of an Offensive Life Orb variant with 252 Special Attack EVs. Perhaps he is running a bulkier version of the Life Orb variant. Perhaps Zapdos is of a Modest nature. Or perhaps Shaymin magically transformed into Shaymin-S for a split second to gain the speed boost to decimate this Zapdos. In any event, I am ECSTATIC!

---

4%
84%

At this point in time, I am celebrating in full force at the outstandingly good fortune I have! Shaymin looks compassionately at Celebi who can hardly keep afloat due to its miniscule health left. Kindly, Shaymin prepares to knock out its veggie-like Legendary-relative with the appropriate attack to win the game.

---

Shaymin used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Celebi lost 4% of its health.
clevotar's Celebi fainted.
Grammarian wins!

0%
84%

0-1 Grammarian!

As further luck comes my way, Shaymin outruns Celebi and delivers the negligible amount of damage needed to seal this hard-earned victory. As corny as it may sound though, I consider this battle a victory for the both of us, what with both of our teams nearly defeating each other evenly throughout the battle.

I honestly never imagined surviving through the onslaught of some of the game’s most potent sweepers, let alone come out victorious! If I could analyze the strategy within this battle, I would say that it serves as a demonstration of how playing conservatively can see you through almost any situation. I’ve been throwing the word “conservatively” around quite a bit in this warstory. What I really mean is that with all 3 of my opponent’s set-up sweepers, I calmly allowed the set-up to occur in order to bring out and/or rely on the appropriate check to take down the sweeper. This is my take on the battle and I may be off-point and you may disagree with me. All-in-all though this battle was wonderfully even and I thank Clevotar for the great battle.

Props:

• My team enduring three separate attempts that Clevotar made at a sweep.

• Clevotar for managing to take down each one of my checks to his sweepers with the exception of Shaymin.

• Slowbro for surviving and crippling a Kingdra with 4 Dragon Dances under its belt!

• Machamp for botching three of Clevotar’s utility Pokemon (Cresselia, Celebi, and Roserade).

• Never allowing Toxic Spikes to get set up (of which would have surely turned this battle around).

• Seed Flare for not missing against Zapdos.

• Besides one turn of parahax, this was almost entirely a hax free battle.

Slops:

• The only bit of hax this entire battle when Kingdra received a parahax while it was setting-up on Slowbro. That one parahax may have been vital.

• Although not a critical mistake, my fault was in not discovering Shaymin’s superior speed over Zapdos sooner.

• Clevotar’s only real fault was in underestimating how versatile and devastating Machamp can be if not eliminated immediately.

I hope you enjoyed this battle! :)

Clevotar’s team:

Nice warstory, especially for a first time. Both you and your opponent played well, and the comments were very interesting to read. Also interesting was how conservatively you played, patiently and confidently keeping a secure position. Well done!

While there were some questionable moves, The commentary and format compensate for that. Great warstory in general and arguably one of the better warstories out there. I certainly hope this isn't your last.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
This was very well done. I didn't much like the battle, because of the way your opponent played (I have a Celebi and a Zapdos, but I'm just going to keep my near-full health Dragon Dance Tyranitar in against Machamp and hope for a crit!), but everything else was pretty good. Good job.

While the commetary was flawless and your format was decent. There was some questionable plays here and there. One notable thing was that after you para'd Kingdra, you surf'd instead of psychic? You said nothing about hitting the switch-in either. There were some other minor misplays here and there but overall, great first warstory. I definitively look forward to more warstories from you!
Surf was a misclick.

While the commetary was flawless and your format was decent. There was some questionable plays here and there. One notable thing was that after you para'd Kingdra, you surf'd instead of psychic? You said nothing about hitting the switch-in either. There were some other minor misplays here and there but overall, great first warstory. I definitively look forward to more warstories from you!
He stated that it was a miss-click. (EDIT: Ninja'd)

I really enjoyed this warstory. It's one of the best I've read in a while. :)

i think that this is one of the better warstories around. because you were able to analyse your opponent's moves and what they were thinking, instead of how you dealt with the situation

Good read, but seriously- what kind of Offensive Zapdos doesn't outspeed Shaymin?

8/10
It could have been a speed tie and the user just got unlucky. Its happened more than once to many a battlers.

Anyway, good read. Comments were good and the battle was entertaining. 9/10 just because there were a few questionable plays, but that happens from time to time.

Well that was interesting. This could easily become a guide to beating HO teams, lol.

The battle itself was a bit lackluster, not a lot of prediction, mostly just KILLKILLKILL, but each and every move was well thought out, so it was at least ineteresting. I liked the format, you obviously understand that screwy colors hurt the eyes.

Good work for your first warstory, so easily 8/10

Noice
I would say your opponent was a little too eager to get his sweep on running off of limited information about your team, but your reasoning and reactions were clever nonetheless.

edit: and props for using slowbro. Eventually I think people are gonna realise he makes a decent candidate for bulky water. Especially being able to handle machamp very well.

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Grats, fantastic warstory. =D Your commentary before Shaymin Seed Flared Zapdos was pretty cheesy though. Do yourself a favour, and unless you run Hidden Power [Fire], max out speed.

8/10.

EDIT: I expect moar pls.

I liked this warstory alot, you are a really nice comentator. The format was also very easy to read and you both played pretty well other then your apponent making a few mistakes but otherwise good warstory.

I liked the story a lot! Who knew Slowbro could survive a +4 Outrage from Kingdra? One little nitpicky thing though: When you brought in Zapdos to revenge Slowbro, you didn't have to worry about him switching out since he was locked into Outrage. Fortunately, your little analysis about him not having a Blissey based on that evidence didn't come back to bite you in the butt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)