Hydreigon

I've been using a simple sub set with leftovers for some time, and it works to great effect.

Saz@leftovers
Timid nature
252 Sp. Att. 252 Speed.
~substitute
~draco meteor
~dark pulse
~fire blast

It works easily enough, set up using its numerous resists and reasonable bulk. From behind a sub you become much more threatening given the fact that everyone expects choice sets.

I know Wishbliss can outstall Scarfchomp's Outrages, so I wouldn't put much faith on Hydreigon's...
I calculated, with 261 Attack and a Life Orb, Hydreigon's Outrage ALWAYS 2HKOes 252/252 Bold Blissey with SR and Leftovers.

You can run physically based or Specially based Mixed Hydreigon depending on what you want. I especially love Blashpemy's set, which shows both versions can really kick ass.

Here are a few calcs for a Specially based Mixed Hydreigon

60 Atk / 252 SpA / 196 Spe Naive @ LO

- Dark Pulse vs 448 HP/243 SpD Vaporeon : 36.1% - 42.4%
- Draco Meteor vs 448 HP / 243 SpD Vaporeon : 62.5% - 73.8 %
Guaranteed 2HKO after switch into SR + Leftovers recovery

-Dark Pulse vs 404 HP / 339 SpD Burungel : 57.9% - 68.3%
Guaranteed 2HKO

- Outrage vs 714 HP / 130 Def Blissey : 47.1% - 55.6%
Guaranteed 2HKO after switch into SR + Leftovers recovery

- Fire Blast vs 334 HP / 262 SpD Skarmory : 89.8% - 105.4%
OHKO with SR

- Fire Blast vs 352 HP / 364 SpD Ferrothorn : OHKO

- Random Draco Meteor Calcs
vs 420 HP / 181 SpD Hippowdon : 89.6% - 105.7%
vs 414 HP / 251 SpD Conkeldurr : 64.9% - 77.5%

Hope this showcases its effectiveness as a wall-breaker. I think taking advantage of Sazandora's special Attack might be more advantageous to make the most of Draco Meteor.

casey90 said:
I've been using a simple sub set with leftovers for some time, and it works to great effect.

Saz@leftovers
Timid nature
252 Sp. Att. 252 Speed.
~substitute
~draco meteor
~dark pulse
~fire blast
Sub+Draco Meteor doesn't sound right...

plus sub+draco meteor+u-turn is counterproductive. half of the moveset will force you to switch for a reason or another(lowered damage output, forced to switch) what doesnt work well with sub.

wheres now the exactly point which sets sazando apart from the other dragons with pretty the same movepool?
It has Flamethrower and Fire Blast instead of HP Fire, resists rather than being weak to Pursuit, and can go mixed, giving it an advantage over the Latii for some purposes. It is not weak to SR and only 2x weak to Ice, giving it an advantage over Salamence for some purposes. And it can attack on the special side, giving it an advantage over Garchomp for some purposes. And it's faster than Dragonite (and again not weak to SR and only 2x weak to Ice, although less bulky).

And it has U-Turn over all of those. The only other dragon with U-Turn (Flygon) sucks.

earth power doesnt add anything significant anyway. steel types are killed by fire blast, bar heatran who is killed by surf and cant do anything without dragon pulse. t-tar is on the same boat.

although i admit having both being legal together would only do good to him.

It has Flamethrower and Fire Blast instead of HP Fire, resists rather than being weak to Pursuit, and can go mixed, giving it an advantage over the Latii for some purposes. It is not weak to SR and only 2x weak to Ice, giving it an advantage over Salamence for some purposes. And it can attack on the special side, giving it an advantage over Garchomp for some purposes. And it's faster than Dragonite (and again not weak to SR and only 2x weak to Ice, although less bulky).

And it has U-Turn over all of those. The only other dragon with U-Turn (Flygon) sucks.
It also has the advantage of having a great secondary STAB over all of these but Garchomp, as well having the biggest set of resistances - ok for the fighting type weakness which isn't as bad as some might say (no unboosted Mach Punch can OHKO Sazandora while Mence will fall to any STAB Ice Shard), but neutrality to rock and resistances to water, ground, fire, electric, grass, ghost and dark = a lot more opportunities to switch in than Mence/Nite.

mach punch is not the only fighting move, there is also holy sword, brick break, focus blast, superpower, hjk, etc... these moves will send you to oblivion if the opponent predict the switch, and sazandora is not that quick, considering that the users of those moves usually carry some sort of speed boost or are bulky enough to survive a hit and counter. and please, STAB ice shard? really? times change, mamo's popularity has decreased since IV gen

Well, at least it gets Cheer Up. Wait, what? That doesn't even make sense, a dark type pokemon who actually learns Cheer Up by level up. Dark types aren't supposed to be cheery.

Yes, but it's original name is Cheer Up, and that's the name they used when deciding who gets it.

Actually, he actually really likes Work Up, as he has good mixed stats.

Well, you know how the Deino line is always filled with rage?

Well, since it's always mindlessly attacking, its power is limited by the rage that clouds its mind.

Being able to think about something else unlocks its true potential.

It can get Bark Out via chain breeding with event Zoroark, but loses Dark Pulse (being a gen 4 TM on Arbok and other stuff that's in the same egg group).

Bark Out isn't that good of a move outside of Doubles, though.

Why would you use a 55 BP move with a defensive secondary effect on an offensive pokemon who has access to a drawback-free 80 BP move of the same type?

I was saying that if the TM, not the Zoroark, is released, then we could put it on a set with Earth Power, to make up for the fact that Hydreigon can't have both Dark Pulse and Earth Power at once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)