Hyper Salsa!

HYPER SALSA!

Hello Smogon! I've been into competitive battling for a while now since the dpp days on PO and recently joined smogon. I've been using this hyper offense team for a while now and want some recommendations. I've peaked on PO at ~1500 (no picture) and then it started snowballing down.

Teambuilding

The team immediately started of with salamence and Deoxys-D. I chose salamence as it is a MONSTER. One dragon dance and it absolutely destroys teams without mamo, or faster scarfers. Deoxys-D i put here mainly because the most reliable way to get hazards up early with those massive 160 defenses.

Salamence absolutely hates stealth rock. So Starmie found its way in. I needed a quick spinner which compliments the nature of the team instead of forretress and tenta.

I found that with this core lucario got TONS of oppurtunities to set up, wreak havoc. So it became a natural member

Rotom is the meh part. I needed a scarfer who resists water and ice attacks. I needed a mon that could protect me from those nasty rain teams.

Last but definitely not the least Gengar. I dont know how many times this dude has saved me. Spinblocker, speed, he's got it all.

The Team

Mr. Incredible!! @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Recover
- Taunt
The ultimate hazard setter. nuff said. This guy sets atleast SR in the match.. unless the opponent uses banded scizor, genesect, etc. If they have these i don't lead of with him. Lead with rotom, then volt switch back. Stealth rock and spikes are fairly obvious. Many times a physical attacker does around 30% i'm not able to set up all the hazards. Recover helps me a lot then. Also helps out with the rocky helmet damage. Deoxys D has no business attacking and hardly can. Many people fall bait as slower pokes get taunted and cant set up. While this is the set of suicide lead i try to conserve Deoxys as death fodder as well as racking damage on physical attackers.

Salsamence @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast​

Standard DD Mence. Absolute menace. Like everyone knows once this thing gets one dragon dance, it sweeps. Dreamworld + the tutors gave it something to beat those dnites everywhere. I play mence as the last sweeper so that even steels are ploughed through with a boost. I made salamence have a hasty nature as I use it to beat sun teams, which generally attack on the special side and didnt want to reduce fire blasts power. Outrage over dragon claw for MOAR POWER. I'm using lum berry as it's allowed me to fake a scarf, as many players simply assume that. It also allows me to get an extra boost against pokes who status mence.

The Force Is MINE @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
SD Lucario. Extremespeed, without stab hits like a truck. Nearly all non resists are OHKO'd. I'm using crunch because i'm paranoid about jellicent. I dont want to use ice punch as i find that dragons are generally beaten by the combo of hazards and espeed. I'm using jolly for the speed needed to beat Mamoswine and the base 100's who use a neutral speed. Many base 100's carry neutral speed so it's easy to outspeed common defensive threats like jirachi, celebi, etc. I am still contemplating on crunch or bullet punch.

Spin IT @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
Starmie is the fastest non-scarfer on the team. Even though it's base stats may not be much the sheer coverage that it has makes up for it. I've used it many a times to beat slower dragons, and other mons without boosts. On another note, the amount of ease at which it can pull off a rapid spin is crazy. No spinblocker reliably stops it from spinning. Genger, Jellicent, etc. are decimated before they can stop this dude. I used to have recover instead of thunderbolt, but since then replaced it, because rotom wasnt able to counter all of them. Used to have life orb with recover, but then again, starmie died too quickly.

Where's the Soap? @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
My only scarfer. The one member i'm looking to replace. Rotom's main job is to try and cripple a wall. Once the opponent see's no lefties they anticipate the trick with ease. Also even with Modest i've found that he doesn't pack much of a punch. The main problem with him is that he's my primary water resist or 'go to man'. So during the course of the match he gets frequently worn down.

Muahahaha @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Disable
Though Salamence is the one who does the sweeping Gengar just trolls people. Sub Disable absolutely destroys Jirachi, who again haxes and vexes people. As a spinblocker he's perfect except for those starmie's who are far and few. Gengar is also powerful, with those 130 base shadow balls and focus blasts which give him neutral coverage. As he has that awesome typing of Ghost Poison, he has an extremely useful x4 resist to bug types. So he automatically becomes numero uno to Genesect. Using Sub he can aslo scout the opponents moveset, letting me know how to deal with it.

Threats

The easiest threat to my team is venusaur. Lucario's espeeds dont kill it and it just simply sleep powders the other members. Sun in general is quite a pain.
Sand and rain are easy to deal with with lucario and rotom respectively. Stall just gets destroyed by mence.

Importable for all those who want to test it!
Mr. Incredible @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Recover
- Taunt

Salsamence @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

The Force Is MINE @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch
- Close Combat

Spin IT @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Where's the Soap? @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

Muahahaha @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Disable

Thanks for your Help!

Hi Keramory,

I learned that this would function great as a rain team, but I don't want to make your changes to far. Pursuit Tyranitar is a huge threat because it sets up its own weather buffing its SpD to behemoths like Lugia. Pursuit OHKOs Deoxys-D, Starmie, and Gengar and also they are all Special Attackers making it a big threat. Since you have a non-weather team, I recommend using a Defensive Donphan. This thing can threaten Tyranitar, fulfil the same role as Starmie, take physical moves easily and even abuse its sand. No sturdy you say? Well, you won't want to keep Donphan in that early against a rain team so sand veil maybe better but like before, your chose. You wont have to run Stealth Rock on Deoxys-D anymore because Donphan carries Stealth Rock and Deoxys-D can use this for an attacking move, Thunderbolt. This can be used to hit Tentacruel and Starmie for almost OHKOes and weak SpD spinners like Forretress and hit Xatu effectively.

Next I recommend changing Lucario's Nature to an Adamant Nature. This way, extremespeed can take care of the threats you listed and Jirachi usually uses its hax set and mostly it wont run alot of speed EVs due to thunder wave making the foe slower either way.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy / Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Def
Nature: Impish
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Shard
-Stealth Rock

Otherwise solid team!

Hi Keramory,

I learned that this would function great as a rain team, but I don't want to make your changes to far. Pursuit Tyranitar is a huge threat because it sets up its own weather buffing its SpD to behemoths like Lugia. Pursuit OHKOs Deoxys-D, Starmie, and Gengar and also they are all Special Attackers making it a big threat. Since you have a non-weather team, I recommend using a Defensive Donphan. This thing can threaten Tyranitar, fulfil the same role as Starmie, take physical moves easily and even abuse its sand. No sturdy you say? Well, you won't want to keep Donphan in that early against a rain team so sand veil maybe better but like before, your chose. You wont have to run Stealth Rock on Deoxys-D anymore because Donphan carries Stealth Rock and Deoxys-D can use this for an attacking move, Thunderbolt. This can be used to hit Tentacruel and Starmie for almost OHKOes and weak SpD spinners like Forretress and hit Xatu effectively.

Next I recommend changing Lucario's Nature to an Adamant Nature. This way, extremespeed can take care of the threats you listed and Jirachi usually uses its hax set and mostly it wont run alot of speed EVs due to thunder wave making the foe slower either way.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy / Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Def
Nature: Impish
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Shard
-Stealth Rock

Otherwise solid team!
Thanks for the rate! I've kept lucario's nature as jolly as it needs to outspeed mamoswine, celebi, etc. While it is true that ttar can pursuit many of my team, the thing is that lucario benefits from this, sets up effortlessly while he switches, and obliterates his team. Lugia is Uber.... Donphan also doesnt have the offensive presence of starmie, which i've found to be a great member of the team

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Howdy!

That's an awfully sad Deo-D that, really, other Deo-D and taunt users will laugh at. I don't exactly undesstand why Deo-D needs recover when all it wants to do is get up hazards anyways, and fast. recover is usually best saved for stall. I would use this set:

Deoxys-Defense @ Mental Herb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Spe / 4 SDef or Def

~ Taunt
~ Stealth Rock
~ Spikes
~ Psycho Boost / Night Shade / shadow ball

Ex: mental herb cures taunt, allowing you to fully combat other Deo-D's with no probs, assuming they don't use the *rare* magic coat. the fourth slot is really any offensive move, but seriously you might want to shadow ball to better hit xatu and espeon, which shit all over deo-d.

In Lucario, does crunch seriously help you? I would try bullet punch instead, as it can hit most ghost types that tend to be ran on opposing deo-d teams and stuff like terrakion, which is always nice. On starmie, since you've got rotom-w, just replace tbolt for psyshock for smexy coverage.

GL

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
On Lucario, there is generally not much of a reason to run Jolly - You can beat Jolly Mamo by running Bullet Punch and Celebi is really falling off the radar right now. Jolly has more use for neutral-natured Gliscor (but this point is moot unless you run Ice Punch) and Hydreigon, but Salamence destroys Hydreigon. Additionally, you can use Bullet Punch to beat Gengar, Terrakion (big threat), and (rare but pretty threatening to this team) Scarf Tyranitar. However, I found that the best way to use Lucario is to bait Choice Tyranitar's Crunch/Pursuit, which is why I'm suggesting running Bullet Punch on Lucario to help against ScarfTar (you'll know based on whether or not T-tar outspeeds Starmie/Gengar). I wouldn't use Donphan because it just kills the offensive pressure of this team, while if you want a spinner, Starmie is overall a better spinner. Additionally, Starmie gives you an additional Pokemon that attracts Lucario's resistances (Dark moves), which is too good to pass up in letting Lucario set up.

Opposing Salamence look pretty threatening to this team. Your best bet is to risk a speed tie with your own Salamence, but if the opposing Salamence is either Scarf or boosted and you're not boosted, well, tough luck. Mamoswine would help this problem, but the problem is, I don't really know where to put it. All five of your offensive members seem valuable to the team, so honestly, Deoxys-D seems like the most expendable member. I'd run a Life Orb Mamoswine with Stealth Rock instead of Deoxys-D. You lose Spikes, but Stealth Rock is generally enough for Salamence and Lucario to get the KOs they need, while Mamoswine can actually do things other than set up hazards (revenge kill D-nite/Mence, etc.)

Changes

: Adamant + Bullet Punch > Jolly + Crunch

>

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

Good luck!

@Shurtagal
I will try out the attacking move definitely, as truly espeon and xatu do shit over Deoxys. I'll test out Starmie's psyshock as it does help out with tentacruel... And definitely am going to go with adamant + bullet punch now. Forgot that bp is there to OHKO mamo.

Thanks!!

@LucaroarkZ
Definitely going with your suggestion to Lucario. While DD mence does shit over this team, he has to have dragon claw, start of with deoxys to have any chance. He doesnt get a chance to set up against the other members anyway. Adding mamoswine is an interesting option which will help me out with venusaur. Ill try it out. Thanks!

Interesting team, I'm also using the offensive core of Luke and Mence but with the support of Wobbuffet to eliminate faster threats.

Quick note : try dragon gem over lum berry. With dragon gem you get that extra in your Outrage that will decimate a lot of pokemon. And after a kill the moxie boost makes up for the loss of the item. Losing Lum makes you more weak to status, that sucks. Also bullet punch is mandatory for Lucario.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Hi

Cool team. Just a small change here, as its pretty hard to make big changes to HO teams, but you really want HP [ICE] > Will-O-Wisp on Rotom-W. Status moves on Choiced pokemon isn't a great idea generally, as the opponent can easily abuse that to switch in with something really threatening to your team such as Volcarona, and boost up while you switch out and from there go to town on your team. HP [ICE] instead lets you revenge kill Dragonite, and do at least sizable damage to Latios and Latias as right now your current set can't touch them. HP [ICE] grants you perfect coverage in OU, a trait many scarfers would love to have. A timid nature is needed for this of course, to outspeed key threats at +1 such as gyarados and Dragonite, and a HP [ICE] IV number of 30Atk / 30Def. This should serve you a lot better than your current set

For Starmie, I absolutely recommend using Life Orb > Leftovers. Life Orb is absolutly needed here, as Starmie it to be honest quit weak without it, and with good prediction you can get a solid 2HKO on Jellicent with Thunderbolt after SR + 1 layer of spikes, which means you are free to rapid spin away the hazards that Starmie is there to spin away, not to mention all that extra damage you will be doing to everything else, softening the opponents team up better for a sweep

Interesting team, I'm also using the offensive core of Luke and Mence but with the support of Wobbuffet to eliminate faster threats.

Quick note : try dragon gem over lum berry. With dragon gem you get that extra in your Outrage that will decimate a lot of pokemon. And after a kill the moxie boost makes up for the loss of the item. Losing Lum makes you more weak to status, that sucks. Also bullet punch is mandatory for Lucario.
Thanks for the rate! I have used wob in the past, but its never been too appealing to me.. As for the dragon gem, outrage at +1 is already waayyy too powerful for me to need that. I usually use the gem with dragon claw to guarantee the moxie boost. With outrage the problem is that mence gets confused too quickly and as you posted is vulnerable to status. I've already implemented bp. Thanks again.

Hi

Cool team. Just a small change here, as its pretty hard to make big changes to HO teams, but you really want HP [ICE] > Will-O-Wisp on Rotom-W. Status moves on Choiced pokemon isn't a great idea generally, as the opponent can easily abuse that to switch in with something really threatening to your team such as Volcarona, and boost up while you switch out and from there go to town on your team. HP [ICE] instead lets you revenge kill Dragonite, and do at least sizable damage to Latios and Latias as right now your current set can't touch them. HP [ICE] grants you perfect coverage in OU, a trait many scarfers would love to have. A timid nature is needed for this of course, to outspeed key threats at +1 such as gyarados and Dragonite, and a HP [ICE] IV number of 30Atk / 30Def. This should serve you a lot better than your current set

For Starmie, I absolutely recommend using Life Orb > Leftovers. Life Orb is absolutly needed here, as Starmie it to be honest quit weak without it, and with good prediction you can get a solid 2HKO on Jellicent with Thunderbolt after SR + 1 layer of spikes, which means you are free to rapid spin away the hazards that Starmie is there to spin away, not to mention all that extra damage you will be doing to everything else, softening the opponents team up better for a sweep
Thanks man!! Will definitely try out hp ice, as i've found that rotom's not living up to the offensive nature of the team. Usually what I do is trick the scarf and just start willo-ing everything, if i don't see a threat to the team. But yeah a dragonite has swept me so will try it. To be honest, I haven't come across a lot of lati's. Will test out hp ice.

Originally I had life orb + recover instead of tbolt, but changed it to tbolt and finally lefty's. The thing is that starmie dies Waaaayy to quickly without recover and i cant afford on deleting anything on his moveset. Thanks for that calc.. didnt know that.

Thanks for the rate! I've kept lucario's nature as jolly as it needs to outspeed mamoswine, celebi, etc. While it is true that ttar can pursuit many of my team, the thing is that lucario benefits from this, sets up effortlessly while he switches, and obliterates his team. Lugia is Uber.... Donphan also doesnt have the offensive presence of starmie, which i've found to be a great member of the team
I think your forgetting that donphan can have some more offensive presence because Donphan's Atk is really high but an offensive donphan set will work if you switch the defense and offense EVs around or ballance with 128 / 132 if you want but still, Deoxys-D needs that attacking move and Dragons can annoy you like Haxorus so Ice Shard is top-class. Starmie is great too. But since this is a balanced team, if you are using Starmie I recommend switching Ice Beam to Psyshock. Since Starmie is outpaced by all dragons after a DD then you can run Psyshock instead to hit Blissey which would make your Lucario take bad side-effects from thunder wave and make salamences lum berry useless on that switch so it'll be impossible to set-up DD with out being paralysed. Solid Team! Nice Work!

Have you tried Pokemon Showdown? No Download and more people.

I think overall you have a solid team. However, if you want to go hyper offense, Deoxys Defense is not the direction you want to go in. Also, the fact that you have Rotom-Wash makes me really think you should be running Scizor or Genesect as well. I'd run scarfed Genesect with max Atk, U-Turn, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower but Scizor can work as well. If you want to get entry hazards down (and you should) you could replace Lucario with Heatran (252 HP / 252+ SAtk / 4 Spd). Heatran can learn Stealth Rock, Roar to deal with boosted pokemon, and a couple powerful damaging moves such as Lava Plume and Earth Power. This version of Heatran gives you back some of the bulk you lose by giving up on Deoxys Defense, but unlike Deoxys, it can attack effectively. Genesect is just a better attacker than Lucario. Also, you don't want to compound your Fire or Ground weakness by running Lucario with Genesect or Heatran.

TL;DR

Cut Deoxys-D and Lucario (Deoxys-D is too passive and Lucario is outclassed by Genesect. Also, Genesect synergizes with Rotom-W. Volt-Turn is good.)

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- U-Turn
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

and

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lucario is outclassed by Genesect
This statement is 100% false. Lucario and Genesect play entirely different roles and cannot be compared whatsoever. Lucario is a physical sweeper with Swords Dance (and ExtremeSpeed to set it apart from Terrakion). Genesect is typically a revenge killer or a Rock Polish sweeper that gets 100% walled by Heatran (and it's usually a Special attacker so even less of a reason to compare Genesect and Luke). Also, I'm probably missing something but it seems like you're merely suggesting Genesect/Scizor just so he can have a Volt-Turn core, and I will tell you right now, as someone who used Volt-Turn religiously in BW1 post-Excadrill ban and used it in BW2, that Volt-Turn isn't that great. I would argue that Lucario is better on this team because 1) It can take advantage of Choiced Pursuit aimed towards Starmie/Gengar, 2) Having two Choice Scarf users is redundant, and 3) SD Luke + DDMence is actually very effective at sweeping. DDMence + Genesect? .... Eh.... People in general are ridiculously prepared for Genesect anyway (Heatran, Terrakion in Sand, Volcarona, trapping with Magnezone when locked into the appropriate move, entry hazards, etc.). Plus, this team in itself is weak to Choice Scarf Terrakion, so running a Bullet Punch Lucario would help with that (Scizor is not the brightest idea because Heatran is on the rise thanks to Genesect)

@ TheStriker -
First to clear things up, this is NOT a balanced team. It has no defensive presence other than deoxys d who is supposed to set up hazards and die. In such a team, by using a defensive and slow poke like donphan, who doesnt help by adding a rain weakness. Starmie loses lots of coverage by not having ice beam... Lucario sets up all over blissey, so why will I hit it with a move that doesnt even ko? It doesnt mind twave, it has 2 priorities already. Salamence is definitely not switching on a blissey that i've seen carrying twave.

@ntiller -
Deoxys-D is used on lots of HO teams you know. It's the easiest, fastest and most efficient way of setting up hazards without having a slowpoke like forretress or ferrothorn. Lucario is a key part of the team as lucaroarkZ rightly says as it benefits tremendously from dark type moves the others attract. That's the set of a special defensive heatran with an ev spread of some hp set? Heatran is already slow and takes away major momentum from the team with that set.
This is not a voltturning team. I have no plans of a adding another scarfer especially over lucario. Lucario and Genesect have completely different roles. You can't compare them. Period.

LucaroarkZ -
I've changed it now, thanks!!

Bryce

Lun
Solid team.Just one idea.It seems that Chloro abusers in Sun is this teams biggest problems.Since they can usually sweep after a growth boost.You can try choice Scarf Latios instead of Rotom-W.Latios ,like Rotom-W is a water resist,(although it is weak to Ice so the choice is up to you) but he is much faster outpacing all known scarfers as well as Modest Venusaur in Sun and Adamant Stoutland in Sand and even +2 Adamant Dragonite only speed tying with opposing Latios's and packs more punch.Since Rotom-W is the one you are willing to replace,Latios seems like a good fit.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power Fire
- Trick

Draco Meteor is the move you'll be using the most for Revenge Killing threats.Surf has nice synergy hitting Heatran hard .HP Fire is a must with all the Genesects running around as well as for Scizor and Ferrothorn.Trick lets you cripple walls like Chansey,Ferrothorn and such who commonly switch into Latios.Psyshock is an option,while it still will be laughed at by Chansey it gives you something to revenge kill Terrakion in Sand,Keldeo more comfortably and beats Amoongus.

Speaking of Amoongus,some defensive cores will give you a lot of problems as Salamence and Lucario are your only Hard hitters.Sure SubDisable Genger and Hazards will help a lot but once they have spun the Hazards away and after Genger gets worn down by making multiple Subs,you have a problem.For this you can try changing it to a Sub Pain Split set,abusing pain split which will make even mightiest walls crumble along with Genger's perfect neutral coverage to finish the job.But if you are happy with the way things are,no need .

@ White symphoni -
This seems like a good idea as it gives me that water resist. As I've already said rotom-w was definitely not performing at all. I <3 choice specs latios, and am definitely going to try the scarf version on the team.

Amoongus is hardly seen in ou these days, after it got that recent burst after regenerator was released. I'll try sub pain split, but sub disable completely walls major threats to the team like choice band terrakion, jirachi, etc. So most likely i'll keep it the way it is..
Thanks for the rate!!

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Got your request, cool team dude, I'm using the same DD Salamence & SD Lucario combo on my current weatherless offense team, its a lot of fun!

So the first little thing I want to suggest is trying Flamethrower over Fire Blast on Salamence. This can be quite crucial in killing off the super-prevelent Genesect. One of the reasons DD Salamence is so good right now if due to the fact that so many people are relying on Scarf Genesect for their revenging needs and DD Salamence outspeeds its. With Fire Blast theres a 15% chance that Genesect is still going to take you down; I know this seems minute but I believe its very important. Flamethrower can be relied on 100% to take out Genesect, who again is probably the #1 threat at the moment.

Secondly I recommend running a Timid Nature on Rotom-W and to also change Will-o-Wisp for Hidden Power Ice. Your team is very offensive, Will-o-Wisp doesn't bring the same amount of pressure that your other moves do, it dosen't really fit. Also with a Timid Nature Rotom-W is guranteed to outspeed and revenge all +1 variants of Dragonite and Gyarados, the latter of whom sets up on Lucario and can really ravage your team. Hidden Power Ice allows you to revenge the aforementioned Dragonite, along with providing amazing coverage with Volt Switch.

The final change you could try would be to switch Starmie for RP Landorus. The set in question is:

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

This set demolishes Sun teams. It can easily set up against 'mons like Dugtrio and Xatu and then punish their entire teams with its outstanding power and coverage. I suggest this over Starmie because I felt as if it was the weakest link of your team, it seemed only there to spin(Salamence is really the only one who needs it but it really doesn't) and for resists. On the resistances note adding Landorus brings to the table another x4 weak so you will have to rely on Rotom-W even more. Lemme know how it goes, I know this set is a huge pain for Sun.

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)