SM UU I am looking for a team advice [Interesting UU team]

first of all, I have to say that I play pokemon in showdown for 6 days but I have some experience of play pokemon in my childhood but the pokemon I knew was the math people know in elementary school to put it this way

this post isn't exactly a RMT post but I would like a rate as well alongside the advice

Golisopod @ Iapapa Berry / sitrus / leftovers
Ability: Emergency Exit
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Iron Head
- Drill Run

this guy has an excellent def stat and some nice offense. The first impression destroys every dark grass psychic pokemon or forces them to swap (preferably over the already set stealth rocks) he got some nice coverage with stab move liquidation. also he has iron head and drill run to create some nice offense. His ability emergency exit make him a nice pivoter to create good matchups and reset the first impression threat. this guy has boosted defenses mroe like offense because he is there to tank hit and leave. Iapapa berry resets this mons power if u are not unlucky enough to get one-shotted from 60% hp

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off

well this guy is amazing priority stab bullet punch technician choice band this guy can simply win games by himself if setup right. uturn is a late pivot while doing some nice stab damage. superpower destroys bonobos left and right if u predict the swap and knockoff is better than pursue in my opinion. This is a standard set hp to make him avoid some 2hkos and speed just enought to outspeed some pokemons

Crobat @ Power Herb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Sky Attack
- Cross Poison
- Acrobatics

he is the lead he provides a fast uturn to pivot me in a guaranteed good early matchup or bring out my entry hazard also he outspeeds a lot of pokemon and can ohko with skyattack first turn and unlock acrobatics at 110 power cross poison is there for another stab move

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Pulse
- Power Gem

he is my mega of choice he is a tanky pokemon that can dish out massive dmg even without any investment in his special attack. just the nature. he blocks special attacks like a boss he is bulky he can block some physical moves as well. he is one more of my volt turns this guy is a late volt switcher he has some nice coverage as well. heal bell is there to remove those burns from my scizor (because if this guy gets a burn the game is over)

Forretress @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

he is the stealth rocker of the team and also the rapid spinner to remove opponents hazards. pokemon like these can be shut down with taunts so thats one of the reasons I have the volt switch. Volt switch provides a lap resetter so I can bring myself in a favored matchup after a defensive pivot block and thats the reason he is full-on defense and Hp. He also has 0 evs and ivs in speed just to make the gyroball hurt a bit. The problem with him is that enemies tend to at least swords dance or dragon dance once if they make good predicts and then they cant be stopped (unless I hit them with the priority moves)

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

This guy is awesome at blocking non-fairy special moves while hit hard in return with some good predictions and a good amount of coverage attacks he can create massive hp gaps in their team
sap sipper ability provides one more resistance. He has an assault vest to boost the sdef. there are 2 playstyles with him in my team that I can't decide the main one (here is why I need some help) (see questions)

---------------------------------------

Questions and replay

-----------------------------

1) on the goodra set: Do I invest on speed + special atk or special def + special atk or do I put some health investment? what is the best thing to do here?
2) what should be the best item for golisopod for the role he plays in the team?
3) is there a way to somehow provide wish and toxic in my team?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-980323407

Edit: I felt I needed a second defogger and I don't really use the xpoison in crobat so I made the swap there

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. If you need help with the explanations, you can use the smogon dex for help.

Edit: Unlocked!

Last edited:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hey pal unfortunately theres a lot on your team that has little to no niche in uu (amph goodra forre and goli are near unjustifiable to use on their own let alone the four of them together) which is why a serious rate would likely result in most of the team getting scrapped

i encourage you to check out the uu viability rankings to get an idea of whats generally considered to be useful and to see what to account for when building

(or replace scizor and crobat with something else and try the team in ru instead)

lmk if you need help with anything

have a good one

edit: hah get sniped esta

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
TheFrantic I would heavily recommend reading the UU Viability Rankings Thread to get a good idea of what pokemon work well in the UU tier, and consulting it and the smogon analyses while you build teams to begin with. Only 2 of your pokemon on your team are ranked in UU, (Scizor and Crobat). Forretress, Goodra, Ampharos-Mega and Golisopod are all in the RU tier, and if you are more inclined to build with these pokemon, it might be worth you considering playing RU instead.

As far as the sets you have chosen go, while your Scizor set is pretty normal (apart from using the wrong nature, Lonely would lower your defence, you should be using Adamant instead), your Crobat is very unusual. Power herb + sky attack is not worth using, it is a one off move, and Brave bird + Sky Plate has a higher base power at 144 BP after factoring in the plate boost compared to 140 BP for Sky Attack. As far as the rest of the set goes, you appaer to be using Crobat as an All out attacker, but Crobat has a poor attack stat, and low base power coverage moves. Crobat's main niche in the tier is the combination of Taunt + Super Fang, and it would be worth reading the analysis about this set instead, which you can find the revamp of here.

To answer the questions you have specifically offered here, wish passing wouldn't really fit on the team currently because its far too offensive for it. Both Golisopod and Goodra are unranked in UU, so what item and ev spread you would use is essentially irrelevant. In all likelihood if you did use Golisopod, you would want a Sitrus berry as it can cause emergency exit to not trigger once, which helps slightly mitigate a very bad ability. If you choose to build with Goodra, you would likely want to use an offensive item such as Choice Band/Specs/Scarf instead, but Goodra is nonetheless outclassed as an ofensive Dragon in UU by pokemon such as Hydreigon and Latias, and as an assault vest user by Mienshao, which has Regenerator and U-turn, amongst other things such as a typing that lets it pivot in on Hydreigon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to see what I could do with your team while still being forced to keep 3 members. Ampharos-Mega was the unranked pokemon on your team that I saw to be the most viable to use, and could pair with Scizor to form a Volt-Turn core. I made a few set changes here to the remaining 3 pokemon, which I will explain below.

Minor Changes

:Scizor: - Only two small changes here. Firstly, I put an Adamant nature on instead, as the lonely nature was reducing Scizor's defence for no reason. I also changed Knock off to Pursuit, as this would allow you to Pursuit trap weakened pokemon threatened by your bullet punch and problematic pokemon such as Latias, making use of the momentum that the volt-turn core gives you to be able to trap things.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

:crobat: - As explained above, the main niche of Crobat in UU is to stallbreak with the combination of Taunt + Super Fang, which also allows you to seriously chip some would be counters to crobat otherwise such as Aggron-Mega and Steelix-Mega. Roost allows you longevity that you didn't have before, while Brave Bird is a much better STAB option, that can be used throughout the game, and allows you to revenge kill pokemon such as Celebi and Infernape, and even pokemon such as Latias and Terrakion with Z-Brave Bird, which can also avoid the Brave Bird chip for you once when necssary.

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- Super Fang

:ampharos-mega: - As i wanted this to form a Volt-Turn core with Scizor, I decided to run the RestTalk Ampharos-Mega set that has seen some use in UU in the past. Rest + Sleep talk gives you some longevity that allows ampharos to make use of its natural bulk to check bulky waters and fat pokemon that can't can only kill it indirectly through toxic throughout the game. Volt Switch and Dragon Pulse are your STAB moves, with dragon pulse in particular hitting would be electric resists/immunities hard, such as Hippowdon and Krookodile. The EV spread allows you to hit as hard as possible, while outspeeding Sylveon to get a volt switch off against it before it can hit you with a supereffective hyper voice, while maximising your bulk.

EVs: 128 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Pulse

At this point, I decided to take your team in a Bulky Offence direction. I next needed a Stealth Rocker and a Defogger, which I therefore chose Empoleon and Gligar for respectively.

Major Changes

:gligar: - Gligar gave you the Defogger your team wanted, which Crobat in particularly greatly appreciates due to it's Stealth Rock weakness. Gligar also offers your team an Electric immunity too. Gligar also gives you a way of dealing with Cobalion which could be quite problematic for your Scizor thanks to resisting it's STABs and potential Rocky Helmet chip, and has enough bulk to tank crobat's z-move, making it hard for crobat to revenge kill unless it is heavily chipped. Standard defog Gligar moveset, with Earthquake allowing you to pressure pokemon like Cobalion and Terrakion, Roost giving you longevity and U-turn allowing you to pivot out. 9 Speed IVs + a Relaxed Nature allow you to underspeed Bulky Scizor to get a Slow U-turn off, which is helpful incase they U-turn instead of Swords Dancing / Roosting.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 9 Spe
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

:empoleon: - Empoleon offered you a Stealth Rocker, and a swap in to Hydreigon, as well as another check to Latias with Toxic (in particular HP fire Latias after you have used the z-move or have lost Crobat. Scald is your main STAB that allows you to threaten pokemon with Burns and hurt Ground types. Roar is chosen in last so that you can phaze out Suicune , as it can be problematic after Calm minding a few times. 48 Speed EVs allow you to outspeed bulky scizor to scald it before it u-turns on you, which pairs well with the Gligar slow u-turning.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 132 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Roar
- Toxic

Finally, we needed one last pokemon for the team. I also wanted to give you some more Speed control. Hydreigon seemed like a nice fit, but it made the team quite Scizor weak and stacked Dragon typings with Ampharos, so I decided to use a Scarf Infernape instead, which improved your Scizor matchup and also didn't invite Cobalion in as much either, and can revenge kill it, as Cobalion can break through Gligar fairly easily with Iron Head flinches and Chip damage. It would also help force Sharpedo to speed boost twice before mega evolving, even if it was a +Speed nature unlikd hydrei.

Major Change

:infernape: - Scarf infernape gave you another means of Speed control. Flare Blitz allows it to threaten pokemon such as Scizor and Cobalion, while Close Combat gives you a means of hurting Steels without recoil damage, and breaking through Rock/Dark types too. U-turn gives you extra momentum, which is helpful as scarf infernape has quite a lot of common swap ins such as Hippowdon and Gligar. Gunk Shot is chosen over Stone edge to help you revenge kill a +1 Altaria, or a Togekiss if they are chipped sufficiently, which can both be problematic to your team as their main answers are Scizor, which can be lured with Fire Blast or Babiri Berry + flamethrower respectively, and Crobat for Altaria, which doesn't deal with Togekiss very well however, while ampharos deals with moltres pretty well itself.

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot

Final Version of Team

:sm/scizor: :sm/crobat: :sm/ampharos-mega: :sm/gligar: :sm/empoleon: :sm/infernape:

Overall this team has some issues as I had to build around an unranked pokemon in Ampharos, and I wouldn't have personally paired Crobat with the two mons used either, but I hope you enjoy it, and find it works better than your original version. Teams featuring a Magneton could be a serious issue due to the double Steel types and Choice Band on Scizor, and Hyper Offensive teams can be a hard matchup, especially if facing an Earthquake Sharpedo-Mega which is given the opportunity to get 2 Speed Boosts, such as against a Bullet Punch Locked Scizor, as ampharos can be OHKOd after 3 layers of spikes + Rocks.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- Super Fang

EVs: 128 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Pulse

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 9 Spe
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 132 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Roar
- Toxic

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)