I can pwn Bliss (PorygonZ Discussion)

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Protect doesn't make Hyper Beam recharge by the way.
This is actually pretty misleading: Entei, Suicune and Jirachi beat Blissey with 101 HP Substitute, Resttalkers beat Blissey one on one, and then there's always mixed things, Subseed Sceptile...but PorygonZ is still a very different case as it can actually OHKO Blissey with only one turn of set-up.
And there's CM Celebi, Suicune even without Substitute, and basically anything with Rest that can survive 3 Seismic Tosses or in some cases otherwise, as in Rapid Spin Starmie, who completely outstalls Blissey if said Blissey doesn't have Thunder/bolt, not to mention all the uber things.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Blissey can Calm Mind on you and stall your set, so it isn't lethal.

And Schemed Tri Attack only 2HKO with a Life Orb

Ok, I came up with a better (?) idea for killing Blissey with this thing.

PorygonZ @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Adaptive
EVs: 216 Atk / 80 SAtk / 216 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Return
- Scheme
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse

Special Attack is still 358 before a Scheme. Return does 53 - 63% to Blissey and a Schemed Tri Attack will do 51 - 60%.

Neutral Tri Attack also out damages a super effective Ice Beam/Thunderbolt unless it's 4x effective, of course.

This is based on Silk Scarf now boosting Return and Tri Attack by 20% (which it says in the item research thread). Schemed Tri Attack does 94 - 100% to Skarmory. You can just stick a Life Orb on if you're not concerned about recoil.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You're better off with Silk Scarf there -only Dark Pulse doesn't get boosted which isn't a problem if it still KOs Ghosts after Scheme. A cool idea though -you still get the bonus on Tri-Attack, which is cool.

Dark Pulse OHKOs Gengar and 2HKOs Clops2 (who can't OHKO PorygonZ with Brick Break). Only Ghost I can see him having problems with is Mikaruge, but it'll need 2-3 Ambushes or a Schemed Dark Pulse to finish Pory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)