I like this team come rate it.

So as normal, I made a team, and then I went to AB2 for help on it. There were a few weaknesses on the original team, so he tweaked it a bit, and it's the team it is right now. There's still a couple glaring weaknesses, like to CM Virizion for example. But I really like this team, and would like some help on it. I'm awful at intros so let's just get to it, shall we?

At a glance:

In depth:

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SAtk / 76 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Crunch

Typical Tyranitar except, oh, what's that? NO STEALTH ROCK? Heatran already had Stealth Rock covered, so I thought I might as well fill Tyranitar's extra spot with more coverage hence why there's this moveset. So far, it's worked marvelously, and killed those tricky Gliscors when I'm in a pinch and they aren't expecting it. Because most of them expect me to switch to Gastro so that I can use Scald on them, and so they Taunt or Swords Dance, and then out of nowhere, BAM. Ice Beam! Otherwise, it's a pretty straightforward set. Enough bulk to live quite a bit of things especially with Chople. Chople lets me survive some essential hits and then come back with the appropriate move.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Return

What's a sand team without this bad boy? Not a good one! Mostly. I've seen some decent sand teams without Exca. But anyway, that's not the point. Again, this is a very straightforward set and with Return to do some major damage on things that resist EQ/Rock Slide. It's pretty cool. Especially after a Swords Dance. Jolly is there so it can outspeed everything pretty much. Other than that, there's not much to say about this pokemon.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

I didn't realize this silly little slug's POWER until I tried it on an earlier, less successful team that didn't even deserve an RMT. Storm Drain is fantastic. If I could marry an ability, it would probably be that one. Except probably not. Because that's weird. Anyway. Gastro takes hits like a boss and walks all over rain teams besides the Ferrothorns/Scizors/Virizions. Even though mostly I can land a hit on one and switch to a better pokemon to take a hit or hit them better. If that makes sense. Another pretty straightforward set. Hooray for straightforwardness.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

See! Stealth Rock on Heatran! And it's wonderful! Because I can come in on something like Ferro, and then on the switch I can set up Stealth Rock without taking any damage or hurting my Balloon and yay! And I love the damage this can do at the end of the game when everything is weakened and the fast sweepers/priority users are dead and I can just hit everything with at least neutral damage and kill after that. Hooray for transexuals!!!

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Roar

This was one of the pokemon that AB2 suggested I use. It's basically on every team that I ask for help on. If it's not on there already, it will be. Anyway. I like the whole double phazer thing on this team. It works quite well. One on the special side and one on the physical side. NO SET UP SWEEPER IS SAFE! Although the tiny coverage with Dragon Pulse, it still manages to do quite a bit of damage to anything not Steel typed after 1 CM. Which is pretty nifty. It takes hits like a beast as well. That's pretty cool in my opinion. Plus, Latias is adorable.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Skarm works so well with Latias it isn't even funny. Fried Rhys is a genius. Anyway, another straightforward set. Except for the Shed Shell. I know I should run Leftovers, but I'm too afraid of losing Skarm to random Magnezones. I like Skarm. He's my homedog pretty much. Except he's a bird. So it's more like a homebird. He's bulky and takes Close Combats from Terrakion. Then Brave Birds and BAM Terrakion doesn't know what hit it. BECAUSE IT'S DEAD. I have no idea what else to say about Skarm because EVERYONE uses it and knows its use.

Thanks for reading all of my jibberish and whatnot. Please rate! Thanks!

Well for starters ttar needs pursuit over crunch because most of the time you'll need him to revenge kill other latis that may switch out so pursuit punishes them for trying to switch. Also you might benefit by switching heatran to defense mode. You have some solid fighters but your lacking on defense. A spread of 252spcdef/ 248hp/ 8 def should be decent but you can change it around as well as a moveset of stealth rock/ lava plume/ roar/ wil o wisp should be a decent fix. You keep the entry hazard as well as create a phsyical crippler that can really give you the edge

You might want to tweek around with that Tyranitar set. You have a Chople Berry, yes, but you can't reliably outspeed other Tyranitar. I understand you like to surprise opposing Gliscor, but to use Chople Tyranitar to its full effectiveness you need to run a Careful nature and 12 Speed EVs to make sure that it outruns, or to an extent ties if your opponent is running the same spread, opposing Tyranitar KO it, as it can threaten your team quite a bit. Here's the set:
Tyranitar @ Chople Berry l Careful Nature l 252 HP / 24 Atk / 220 SpDef / 12 Spe
Moves: Stealth Rock l Rock Slide or Crunch l Pursuit l Superpower

It also seems like you're going to need a Specially Defensive Heatran, as Gastrodon won't be living for so long if you keep on switching that in, same goes to Tyranitar. It also forms a nice defensive core with your Gastrodon and it could help spreading Toxic and Burn along with Gastrodon, although Ice Beam would be a better option over Scald as it helps you cover dragons a lot easier, which can tear your team apart late game, and you'll already spread Burns with Heatran which can't do jack to dragons, and Latias is just a risky option overall since you run no Special Attack EVs. Here's the Heatran set:

Heatran @ Leftovers l Calm Nature l 252 HP / 4 SpAtk / 252 SpDef
Moves: Lava Plume l Protect l Toxic l Earth Power

(You may also run Roar over Toxic to abuse Stealth Rock and Spikes to their full potential. On a side note, don't run Air Balloon, as Heatran needs all the recovery he can get, and since you don't have Wish support, it'd be kind of stupid to run Air Balloon.)

Finally, I recommend Choice Specs Latios over Latias. Your primary late game cleaner will be Excadrill, and Latios fits the bill on this team more than Latias, in my opinion. It isn't necessary to use Choice Specs Latios, but you're lacking a powerful Special Attacker now that Heatran's taking a more defensive route, and Latias needs a boost or two to hit like a truck. It can also cripple things like Chansey by using Trick so you can gain momentum. It also OHKO's Gliscor on the first turn, something Latias cannot do unless it's choiced as well, and Gliscor threatens four Pokemon in your team. Here's the Latios set:

Latios @ Choice Specs l TimidNature l 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Moves: Draco Meteor l Dragon Pulse l Trick l Surf

You won't need Hidden Power Fire as you already handle Ferrothorn with Heatran, but if you feel the need, you can replace Dragon Pulse for it.

tl;dr:
Careful Tyranitar with the spread I suggested > your current Tyranitar
Ice Beam > Scald on Gastrodon
Specially Defensive Heatran > your current Heatran
Choice Specs Latios > Latias

Overall, nice team. Good luck.

EDIT: hi yamz it r dan!!!!!!

Firstly, I recommend Pursuit on Ttar since its standard andTtar does force switches a lot.

Next, Excadrill has to have X-Scissor. If you're wondering why, one word.....Bronzong. Your Excadrill is completely walled by Zong. With X-Scissor and a possible +2, Zong and Reuniclus who might try to hit you with FocusBlast are no problem.

Last but not least, go with Specs Latios like Bowl Cut suggested. It hits HARD, VERY HARD. But don't run Dragon Pulse since HP Fire is better and Tran isn't going to stay around for long without recovery.

Hi

Pretty standard Sandstorm team but a good one nonetheless

I notice that you are going to have a problem with opposing Bulky Waters. Jellicent, Gastrodon, and the likes are going to be tough for you to handle since nothing on your team can switch into them without the fear of being Burned or Poisoned. Opposing Stall teams can also be difficult for you. And as you mentioned, Virizion can be a problem too. To fix all these problems I suggest Celebi instead of Latias. Celebi doesn't fear status thanks to it's Natural Cure ability, it can threaten stall with Nasty Plot and it's decent natural bulk while also dealing with Virizion pretty good. A moveset of Nasty Plot / Giga Drain / Hidden Power [Fire] / Recover coupled with a Modest nature and an EV spread of 220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Spe @ Leftovers will be more then good enough.
To help you against stall even more you can consider Rapid Spin on Excadrill instead of Return. Spin Blocker aren't fond of switching into Excadrill so you will get rid of hazards on your side of the field fairly easy which really helps Heatran and Tyranitar and Gastrodon. By giving Excadrill an Air Balloon you'll also have a revenge killer for opposing Excadrill who can still beat Skarmory one-on-one. And if you find that opposing Calm Mind Lati@s, Nasty Plot Celebi and the likes are a problem too, you can run X-scissor instead of Sword Dance. To make of for the loss of power an Adamant nature can be used on Excadrill instead. Late game when your opponent's team is weakened enough Excadrill doesn't need a Sword Dance boost for an end-sweep.

I also second the idea of Pursuit on Tyranitar as things as Choice Specs Latios will give you problems otherwise, preferably use Pursuit over Fire Blast which is Tyranitar's least useful move and Crunch is needed for the likes of Reuniclus. Crunch and Pursuit on the same set might seem redundant but it's actually pretty useful.
Using a Specially defensive Heatran is also a good suggestion. Max HP and SDef with a moveset of Stealth Rock / Lava Plume / Protect / Roar will fit you team perfectly. Since you'll loose Latias if you take my Celebi suggestion Roar on Heatran will make a nice replacement.

Hope these suggestion helped and good luck with the team.

Ok everyone else should have seen I already recommended defense heatran so now it's been said three times. But he should be running wil o wisp instead of toxic. It works better for the current metagame unless itwas a roserade running toxicspikes.

Hey there.

I agree with Delko on the addition of Rapid Spin Air Balloon Excadrill over the LO set you have now, as that will help you beat stall immensely. I also second Delko's idea of Celebi instead of Latias, as Celebi destroys stall.

I would give Tyranitar Stealth Rock, and then replace Heatran with a Specs Latios, as it hits much harder and will weaken the opposition for Celebi. It also resists fire, granted, it's worse than an immunity, but it works.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Atk)
- Hidden Power Fire.
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Psyshock is chosen because it allows you to destroy common switch-ins like Blissey, and also destroys pokemon like Calm Mind Virizion. With Draco Meteor and Surf, Latios can hit T-tar pretty hard on the switch. Hidden Power Fire destroys Ferrothorn, paving the way for a Draco Meteor rampage later in the game. With Latios' support, Celebi will have a much easier time sweeping.

Hello Yams, this is quite a cool team but it has a pretty noticeable weakness to stall. Have you considered using Jellicent in place of Gastrodon? I know just how effective the slug can be, but Jellicent keeps your immunity to water attacks while protecting your hazards and preventing others from the likes of Forretress, a staple on stall teams. He can also break down walls - most notably Blissey and SpDef Jirachi - extremely efficiently, making it quite easy for Latias to sweep late game. Lastly, he is an extremely solid check to Volcarona, who gives you some major trouble if Excadrill walks into an unexpected fire attack. This change does open up a slight Thundurus weakness, but between Latias, Excadrill and Chople Tar, you should be fine. Anyways, the set is:

Jellicent @ Leftovers | Bold | Water Absorb | EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Scald | Taunt | Toxic | Recover

Lastly, I highly recommend using an Air Balloon over Life Orb and Rapid Spin over Return on Excadrill. Spinning really helps this team out, especially in weather wars when you're trying to conserve Tyranitar for as long as possible, and Excadrill can't be blocked because no ghost wants to switch into him. Just a few things to consider, good team and good luck.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hey man really solid team here. At a glance I think you could use another fighting resist on top of Latias. Even with Skarmory and Latias, threats who spam fighting type attacks will be a problem. Nasty plot Celebi would work very well on this team as an extra fighting resist. Celebi is able to basically counter bulky water types such as Quagsire, Gastrodon, and Rotom-W. This is especially useful since bulky water types with toxic can be a pain to this team as Gastrodon is your main switch in to those. Gastrodon seems like it would be the one to go on this team for Celebi. Both Gastrodon and Celebi check similar threats such as rain and bulky water types so it would be redundant to have them both. Celebi also makes excellent synergy with the rest of your team making it so fighting type spam won't get in your way. Although Celebi may add an extra fire type weakness to this team, you have those checked completely between Tyrantiar and Latias.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Modest | 228 HP / 240 SpA / 40 Spe
Nasty Plot / Giga Drain / Hidden Power [Fire] / Recover

Heatran would probably work better with hidden power [ice] over grass. Without Gastrodon, Gliscor might become a bit of a pain so hidden power ice will really help with that. I'd also run a timid nature over modest so that you are able to outspace Gliscor itself. Scarf Tyrantiar would work very well on this team over your current version. The spread and moveset that you are currently running is not very efficient anyways. Scarf Tyrantiar also helps you check threats such as Starmie, who may be a little bit more difficult if you decide to replace Gastrodon. A set with crunch / pursuit / stone edge / superpower would work very well on Tyranitar while maximizing your attack and speed with a jolly nature is basically your only option. Finally, I would try out an air balloon with rapid spin over return on excadrill and an adamant nature. At the moment, spikes may be a problem, especially if you decide to add scarf Tyrantiar. Rapid spin Excadrill also breaks through more defensive teams with ease if you find yourself struggling against stall.

With those changes, this team seems to be extremely solid. Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)