If you click this thread, you are sexy [Team Gold Mine]

Hello! This is one of my first UU teams ever, and it's been doing really well. I hate reading random introductions when I read RMTs, so I'm just going to skip the intro. Without further ado, team Gold Mine!

Changes in Blue 'cause rain.

Platinum (Uxie) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Rain Dance

Function
Uxie sets up rocks and rain exceptionally well. It's about the bulkliest thing in UU and always gets the job done, and then some.
Moves
-Stealth Rock is really useful to help Gorebyss and Kabutops sweep. It turns many 2HKOs into OHKOs, and really puts the hurt on things like Moltres, Articuno, Swellow, Scyther, and other common flyers.
-U-turn is excellent for scouting and leaving the switch in unscratched. Normally I go to Gorebyss after setting up. (What better to do with 7 more turns of rain?) With bulk investment, Uxie's low speed makes sure it takes the hit rather than Gorebyss, and better too.
-Psychic hits Toxicroak super hard, which threatens the rest of the team. It is also a strong STAB and is my best bet if Uxie is left by itself (Which happens a lot when I lose or win 1-0, but that never happens anyway :)
-Rain Dance is for obvious reasons.
EVs and stuff
Standard 252/252 Support Uxie. I almost went the special route, but 3 of my team mates are Special Sponges (Mainly because Gorrebyss weaknesses are primarely special moves like Energy Ball and Thunderbolt), so physical defense EV investment was the best choice. And what isn't physical, right?
---

Gold (Gorebyss) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 48 HP/208 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Psychic
- Surf

Function
To be the best Rain Dance sweeper possible, NU or not. It has a ridiculous Special Attack stat, identical to Timid Gengar's (as well as a significantly higher speed stat, a stronger STAB (Plus the rain boost), and a significantly higher amount of bulk).
Moves
-Ice Beam hits grass and flying Pokemon harder than anything I have. Jumpluff, Swellow, Venusaur, Tangrowth, Donphan, and friends are owned by it. It complements Surf and HP [Grass] super well.
-Hidden Power [Grass] complements Surf and Ice Beam well. It hits things like Relicanth and Quagsire well, which try to abuse Swift Swim and Water Absorb respecively. I almost considered HP [Electric] to hit Mantine, but I realized it leaves me helpless against Quagsire and Lanturn as well as not getting OHKOs on Pokemon like Kabutops, Omastar, Relicanth, and Quagsire.
-Psychic is mostly for Toxicroak when it tries to switch into Surf, but also does the most damage the fighters outside of the rain. It's probebly the most useful filler you can have. It's also kind of cool, I don't know why though...
-Surf is "super effective!" in the rain (ignoring STAB). It will rip through everything that doesn't resist it. Seriously, everything. I used to run Hydro Pump, but it missed too much and Stealth Rock filled some OHKO holes Surf left open anyway.
EVs and stuff
To outspeed Jolly Swellow in the rain, the rest is dumped into HP and for max special attack.
---

Emerald (Venusaur) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Sludge Bomb

Function
This Venusaur looks really out of place, I know, but it's so useful. Venusaur's sole function is the eliminate anything that troubles Gorebyss, and Kabutops. Venusaur resists Electric and Grass, which are super effective on Water. Sludge bomb and HP Ground hit those respectively.
Moves
-Sleep Powder hits switch ins when I switch into them. I don't find myself using it much, but there isn't really anything else to use other than Substitute, but ew, Substitute on Venusaur. Well, low usage means no need to worry about sleep clause.
-Leaf Storm is my strongest STAB move as well as being able to hit ground types that threaten Kabutops and Registeel for super effective damage. it OHKOs most things it hits neutrally too.
-HP Ground hits Electrics who threaten my waters hard, as well as hitting poisons Sludge Bomb can't. It also hits rocks and steels that poison can't.
-Sludge Bomb is pretty much the opposite of HP Ground. It hits grasses that HP Ground can't, and hits harder with STAB.
EVs and stuff
To sponge special hits from virtually anything.
---

Limestone (Kabutops) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 104 HP/252 Atk/148 Spd/4 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Function
My second sweeper. He functions more effectivly than Gorebyss if I can find the time to Swords Dance, but even with defensive investment, I can't find the time.
Moves
-Swords Dance is a really good move, and raises my attack to sky high levels. Even though it rips away 1/8 of my precious rain storm, it's definatly worth the excess power.
-Rock Slide is not on the Swift Swim set, and it really should be as Waterfall hits harder than Stone Edge, and flinching is fun. I hit bugs and flyers with this, and the ocasional ice Pokemon. It misses a lot less than Stone Edge, which is really useful.
-Waterfall is the best move ever. At +3 (Swords Dance and rain), it kills everything i've seen it hit neutrally except Weezing. It can also flinch, but not as well as Rock Slide. I ran Aqua Tail before, but it kept missing, even though that 10 power is probebly the moved 4 out of HP to SpD to take minimal entry hazard damage.
-Aqua Jet is my priority move to hit things like Hitmontop and Ambipom with faster priority. It also hits things outside of the rain hard after some SD boosts and can also be excellent for revenge killing.
EVs and stuff
For max attack and 418 Speed (To outspeed Electrode) The rest is dumped into bulk.
---

Torquoise (Ludicolo) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 28 HP/228 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance
- Surf

Function
This thing is my third rain abuser. He can sweep well. He can also set up rain in a pinch, but lacking Damp Rock makes Uxie and Registeel better choices.
Moves
-Energy Ball is a great STAB move that complements Surf and Ice Beam by hitting Water types.
-Ice Beam is a coverage move that hits Dragons and Grasses that my STAB moves can't.
-Rain Dance is really vital to this set, making sure I don't stall waste my rain and doubles my speed to great levels.
-Surf is an attack to deal heavy damage in the rain, as well as be my strongest move and hit Fire Types the other moves can't.
EVs and stuff
To outspeed Timid Choice Scarf Rotom as well as have maximum special attack and decent bulk.
---

Diamond (Registeel) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Rain Dance
- Explosion
- Seismic Toss
- Shadow Claw

Function
To set up rain and take out something I don't like.
Moves
-Rain Dance is for obvious reasons.
-Explosion takes out threats that I just don't like. It does a lot of damage with 40 attack EVs, suprisingly.
-Seismic Toss hits things I don't feel like exploding in the face of, and isn't ghost or psychic.
-Shadow Claw is to hit Ghosts that the other two attacks can't, it does a great amount to psychics too.
EVs and stuff
for max tankage, the rest is dumped into attack.
---

So rate and stuff, yeah.

~~~

THREAT LIST

You know the whole Black Orange Red thing...

Offensive Threats

Absol - Actually, it can't really do anything to my team. Kabutops has Aqua Jet if I really need it, and can also Swords Dance on the fail Sucker Punch and hit with Aqua Jet. Ludi can set up Rain too.

Alakazam - Again, can't do anything to my team. Uxie walls it and can hit with U-turn, then Kabutops can finish it off with Aqua Jet.

Ambipom - Swords Dance + Aqua Jet on Kabutops.

Arcanine - 1/2 my team is water type.

Azumarill - Venusaur tears it apart, Ludicolo hits with Energy Ball.

Blaziken - Again 1/2 my team is water and Venusaur has HP Ground. Uxie has psychic.

Drapion - I can set up on Swords Dance versions with Ludi and Kabutops.

Feraligatr - Venusaur rips into it, same as Ludi.

Hariyama - Uxie takes Payback really well, and hits with Psychic. Gorebyss also has Psychic. Registeel can explode in a pinch.

Hitmonlee - See Hariyama.

Hitmontop - See Hitmonlee.

Houndoom - Again, 1/2 my team is water. Venusaur has HP Ground.

Kabutops - I'd like to see it try to abuse my rain. Venusaur hits 426 Speed and has Leaf Storm, and Ludi hits with Energy Ball and has 464 speed in the rain.

Kangaskhan
- I have no fighting moves, but it's not really a threat to my team at all. I never see these anyway.

Leafeon - Ice Beam from Gorebyss and Ludicolo both kill it.

Magmortar - ...

Magneton - HP Ground from Venusaur.

Mismagius - Leaf Storm from Venusaur, Shadow Claw from Registeel, and Surf from Gorebyss all KO it.

Moltres - Stealth Rock, and it's fire.

Omastar - Energy Ball, HP Grass, and Leaf Storm respectively.

Poliwrath - Leaf Storm and Energy Ball, HP Grass in a pinch. Water Absorb is really annoying.

Rhyperior - Uxie and Registeel don't defeat it.

Scyther - Outside of Rain, I'll have to explode on it, or Sludge Bomb it with Venusaur. Gorebyss has Ice Beam. Inside the rain, everyone takes it instead of Uxie.

Swellow - Registeel walls it, everything else outspeeds it in the Rain (except Uxie) and killes it.

Torterra - I need to set up with Ludi and Ice Beam it, but I beat it in the Rain.

Venusaur - Uxie beats it outside of the rain, everything beats it in the rain. Exploding is a last resort, I can always scarf sleep it and save it for last with my Venusaur.

Defensive Threats

Blastoise - Venusaur hits it with Leaf Storm, Energy Ball from Ludi, and HP Grass hits hard too.

Chansey - I really have to Explode on it with Registeel, or Waterfall it after a Swords Dance, but thats all I can do. Thunder Wave is a bitch.

Claydol - Everything except Uxie hits it for super effective damage.

Cloyster - Ludi, Venusaur, Gorebyss, and Uxie rape it.

Cradily - I've only seen these on Sandstorm teams, so I just Leafstorm Hippo with Venusaur and end that team completely with Rain Dance. Ice Beams hurt it a lot. Taking rain boosted Surfs and Waterfalls hurt too.

Donphan - Again, 2/3 of my team hits with super effective STAB

Mesprit - Registeel needs to use Shadow Claw, or Scarf Sleep until it's last. This actually isn't much of a threat as it can't do much to me, so it's half red. It's very rare too, so it can't stop me.

Milotic - Venusaur and Ludi both own it, but if they're gone, I've lost.

Nidoqueen - Lol.

Quagsire - Ludicolo and Venusaur.

Regirock - Again, I've only seen them on SandStorm teams, which don't hurt a bit. I also have surf.

Registeel - It hates taking boosted Waterfalls, but other than Kabutops, I can't do much than slowly chip it away with Gorebyss as it criplles me with Thunder Wave.

Rotom - Rotom can suck Venusaur's dick, as well as Ludicolo.

Slowbro - Grass attacks and Registeel.

Spiritomb - If it's Rest Talk, I stall it and it stalls me. Rain Dance sweepers can do a lot to other variants.

Uxie - Registeel and Gorebyss.

Weezing - Ludi, Gorebyss, and Kabutops after a Swords Dance. Even Uxie.

pretty decent team. with the slight problem of 1ce uxie is gone manectric can easily sweep with its thunderbolt / flamethrower. although Registeel has a pretty good chance of surviving a hit, at low hp it could cause alot of trouble. for this i'd suggest using earthquake over shadow claw on registeel as he has more chance of surviving flamethrower

good luck ^^

Thats a good call, but rain can reduce overheat and registeel can definatly survive a rained overheat then explode or something. I've actually never faced a manetric with this team, venusaur has earthquake (it is a special wall and can take an overheat). Earthquake on Kabutops is a great idea, but it can't learn it ^_^ lol. I will consider manetric though, if I ever face one I will know what to change
EDIT: I had EQ on Registeel before instead of Explosion, but Explosion has been really good. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO REPLACE! ;_;
Thanks for the comment!

I think you can try this:

Torquoise (Ludicolo) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Rain Dance
- Surf

You can try Protect over Sustitute if you dont wanna use it. Also i think you can place Rain Dance over Energy Ball, because you ludicolo doesn't have Ev's on Spc.Attack, and you want to kill and still have good amount of HP, so with rain dance you will have a better Rain Dish support and can hit more with surf. Another good choice is place Toxic on this slot to kill that other grass pokemon coming trying to kill the Ludicolo.
---

EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 SDef
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
Function
Earthquake can help you to kill that Electric pokemon that want kill you Water Pokemons. Also Thunder Wave is a good move to registeel, the slow speed on a foe pokemon is ever good (No when TR is on field xD). And sometimes can give you a free turn to kill, or set up with Ludicolo, Uxie or Kabutops.

I think you can try this:

Torquoise (Ludicolo) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Rain Dance
- Surf

You can try Protect over Sustitute if you dont wanna use it. Also i think you can place Rain Dance over Energy Ball, because you ludicolo doesn't have Ev's on Spc.Attack, and you want to kill and still have good amount of HP, so with rain dance you will have a better Rain Dish support and can hit more with surf. Another good choice is place Toxic on this slot to kill that other grass pokemon coming trying to kill the Ludicolo.
---

EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 SDef
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
Function
Earthquake can help you to kill that Electric pokemon that want kill you Water Pokemons. Also Thunder Wave is a good move to registeel, the slow speed on a foe pokemon is ever good (No when TR is on field xD). And sometimes can give you a free turn to kill, or set up with Ludicolo, Uxie or Kabutops.
Sorry I'm on vacation and couldn't reply. The Ludicolo idea is fantastic, sadly I can't test it (no Shoddy on this computer). I will start testing it ASAP though, it looks really nice.

Now as for Registeel...Hmm...The idea seems good, but this isn't really supposed to last that long most of the time. Most of the time I just Rain Dance -> Explode then late-game sweep with Gorebyss (which is usually alive because I switch it out when Rain is gone) or Kabutops if Gorebyss is done. Thunder Wave seems like something to add to my durability, which I don't really need. I actually can take down Manetric with Venusaur, (I will provide some calcs later).

Thanks for the comments!

Ok, now I can test Ludicolo. Also, now that I think of it, doesn't Omastar outclass Gorebyss? Better stats and Earth Power for Toxicroak. Anything Gorebyss has on it?

Better typing allowing it not to be revenged by Mach Punchers is a big one. Baton Pass I guess, to scout for the main Water/Rain team counter and respond appropriately?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Where the hell is Floatzel ????

Floatzel @ Choice Band
252 Atk / 244 HP / 16 Spe [if you're worried about Rain running out, you can use 252 Spe > HP.]
Adamant
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch

Also, i really suggest Swift Swim > Rain Dish on Ludicolo, having a fast SubSeeder is always good.

I also suggest maxing Uxie's Speed, you don't want her to get Taunted, do you ?

Qwilfish also makes a decent sweeper/lead in UU.

Qwilfish @ Damp Rock / Focus Sash
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Swift Swim
Adamant
- Spikes
- Rain Dance
- Poison Jab / Destiny Bond / Explosion
- Waterfall

Or

Qwilfish @ Life Orb
Swift Swim
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant
- Explosion
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab

Thanks for the comments. Benlisted your right :) I tested Omastar hitmiontop kept raping it lol. With the new set on Ludicolo, Swift swim is probebly better, I will test it. Uxie actually never gets Taunted (Lol) by anything max speed will outspeed. Qwilfish seems like a good idea, but Kabutops is better statwise. I just like it better because it can do something outside of the rain too.

I've run a few Rain Dance teams and faced a lot more. I must say that Swift Swim Ludicolo is FAR more threatening than Rain Dish. You don't want to waste precious Rain turns to stalling opponents. Plus he is only hit neutrally by both Grass and Electric. He's a crazy good sweeper in the rain. Probably the best. Just my two cents :)

Arikado and kalamadude, thanks for your suggestion and low amount of currency on Swift Swim. It's working really well, It even beats Sleep Talk Milotic (I owned that dude :P). It's working really well.

About Floatzel, I can't really find a spot on the team for it because everyone else is so important.

Thanks!

Advertizement: Want to help GoldFish out with his best team yet? Just comment on this thread with a valid suggestion and you could win the satifaction of helping someone!

Arikado and kalamadude, thanks for your suggestion and low amount of currency on Swift Swim. It's working really well, It even beats Sleep Talk Milotic (I owned that dude :P). It's working really well.

About Floatzel, I can't really find a spot on the team for it because everyone else is so important.

Thanks!

Advertizement: Want to help GoldFish out with his best team yet? Just comment on this thread with a valid suggestion and you could win the satifaction of helping someone!
Lol I fought you right after you switched that Ludi I think. But I would watch out for RestTalk Milotic anyway. I don't quite remember how the battle went down, but looking out your set, I don't think it would be able to outstall RestTalk Milotic. Pretty much nothing can. It can really only be brought down by a dedicated attacker who can do over 40% in one hit. Really, I find Ludi to be better as a purely offensive force. You don't wanna waste rain time stalling, and Ludi resists the usual weaknesses of rain teams and hits like a truck. But to each his own :)

There we have it for the Manectric thing. Modest 252 Choice Specs (The highest special attack a Manectric can possibly have) using Overheat (The strongest move a Manectric can possibly use on Venusaur) does 85.2% - 100.5%, Not even a gaurenteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (and will OHKO less than 7% of the time without it). So Venusaur can infact take Manectric over 93% of the time (Even though virtually every Manectric is Timid, which Venusaur takes with ease). Sleep Powder + Earthquake(2) will definatly pick it off, and even if it does get over 93% Luck, whats better than Kabutops SD'ing on a -2 double resisted attack?

Lol I fought you right after you switched that Ludi I think. But I would watch out for RestTalk Milotic anyway. I don't quite remember how the battle went down, but looking out your set, I don't think it would be able to outstall RestTalk Milotic. Pretty much nothing can. It can really only be brought down by a dedicated attacker who can do over 40% in one hit. Really, I find Ludi to be better as a purely offensive force. You don't wanna waste rain time stalling, and Ludi resists the usual weaknesses of rain teams and hits like a truck. But to each his own :)
Yeah it was right after I changed Ludi. I really don't know what to do with Ludi. He seems to be doing really well with his new set though. Rain Dance on Ludi actually kind of lets me stall, but your probebly right about the Milotic thing. You probebly would have won if Cross Chop didn't miss, and I feel really bad about that, so if you want we can rematch. I can try Ludi as an offensive force, but it's fail attacking stats kind of hinder that ability.

Thanks everyone, keep the comments coming :)

Well firstly Rain only gives a 1.5x boost to Water attacks, not x2.. You said surf on gorebyss is super effective on everything in the rain.

Kabutops wants Aqua Jet over Low Kick. You can't OHKO Registeel (your only target with Low Kick) unboosted anyway, so what's the point? I believe Aqua Jet is far more useful - you get to hit Blaziken, Houndoom, Hitmontop, Absol before they use Vacuum Wave / Mach Punch / Sucker Punch / Fake Out. It also allows you to continue a sweep if Rain is over and you have a Swords Dance (take that Ambipom, Alakazam and Mismagius!) Also make sure you run enough Speed EVs to outspeed +Speed Scarf Rotoms (Base 91 speed) you don't want Kabutops to be surprised by these Scarfers like Rotom and Venusaur as Gorebyss will not outspeed them)

Ludicolo wants an Offensive set, either Swords Dance / Waterfall / Seed Bomb / Ice Punch or Zen Headbutt, or Rain Dance / Surf / Ice Beam / Energy Ball. Playing defense in the Rain is pretty much wasting Rain turns, and I don't know if you noticed but Venusaur just walks over your Ludicolo and you can't allow him a free turn to hurt your team! Um enough speed to beat Timid Scarf Rotom yeah.

Upstart

Copy Cat
I don't mean to be rude but you have misunderstood the fact that rain is a rather offensive playstyle. For one you attempt to stall out with leech seed which is a fine technique but not to be used on a rain team that is on a timer. For that reason I recommend dropping both your leech seeders as they are contributing little to the overall goal of rain to overwhelm and wipe out. Next up for your rain sweepers I would suggest running the smogon on site sets because although bulk is a nice concept you do not want your pokemon one being outsped by scarfers in the rain or even worse having no chance out of rain. This would fix the EVs of both Kabutops and gorebyss. Speaking of Kabutops you should drop Low Kick for Aqua Jet as anything you would hit with Low Kick will hate taking a boosted Waterfall anyway. In addition to that Aqua Jet helps fight against opposing priority. Now as you don't run psychic on Uxie, Toxicroak the anti-rain pokemon himself would have a field day with you team. For that reason I would recommend dropping stealth rocks or yawn for psychic and if you do drop stealth rocks give it to registeel. Now with the leech seeders gone two spots are open. I would recommend either a LO Specail Ludicolo with Rain Dance or a LO SD Ludicolo as he can handle the bulky waters and hit everything for some nice damage. If you go with the SD set the last open slot should go to something that can set up rain dance while accomplishing another task. I have seen a taunt Mismagius that would help you both set up rain dance and prevent opposing set up. Where as if you go with a specail ludicolo already carrying rain dance you could feel free to add another rain abuser onto the team.

Edit: Ninja'd by YaM

hey :P
So I was using your team, and winning a lot in UU. But I kept being owned by this one guy's parasect. I managed to overcome it every time, but it usually managed to kill about 2 pokes. Parasect has the dry skin ability, meaning it gets 12% of its hp back every turn, giving it good synergy with a rain team. It also has base 80 defenses, so perhaps a tank version could be made. However, its biggest allure is that it can learn spore, giving 100% accurate sleep. The version I faced got 2 agilities up fairly easily, perhaps due to my misplaying, and then could just spore whatever came in. It also had substitute, making it extremely annoying to take down. Toxicroak also has dry skin if you're scouting for ideas. I tried it in place of Venusaur, and it worked quite well; The tricky part is deciding on speed EVs. With 0 speed EVs and a neutral speed nature it can outrun Jolly Swellow after 2 agilities. However, with max speed and jolly it hits 174 speed, enough to outrun a lot of pokes after 1 agility. The remaining EVs are dumped into attack, or HP if you're not running any speed EVs.
Sample Set:
Parasect @ Leftovers
Jolly, Dry Skin
252 Spe/4 HP/252 Attack
- X-Scissor
- Substitute
- Spore
- Agility

Upstart and YaM: I don't see Ludicolo as much of an offensive force at all. The only thing that keeps it used is it's grass typing, which isn't really that facinating to me. If your going to use a pokemon, use it for what it's best at, so I might as well drop Ludi. Psychic > Yawn on Uxie can be tested too.

Now for the replacement, LO Qwilfish and Floatzel are what really caught my eye with their diverse movepool and typing and great speed respecivly.

Now for DP Toby. I will NOT replace Venusaur, I'm sorry. Venusaur is the thing that keeps this team alive, and without it's key resistances to Grass, Fighting, and Electric, this team would be poop. I may replace it's set to a Choice Scarf set though. It is a great revenge killer as well as can get me some set up with Scarf'd sleep. Parasect and Toxicroak are good ideas though, thanks.

I highly recommend you keep using Ludicolo. It's the one swift swimmer that has absolutely no trouble with dispatching Milotic (one of the biggest problem pokemon to Rain Dance teams).

Upstart and YaM: I don't see Ludicolo as much of an offensive force at all. The only thing that keeps it used is it's grass typing, which isn't really that facinating to me. If your going to use a pokemon, use it for what it's best at, so I might as well drop Ludi. Psychic > Yawn on Uxie can be tested too.

Now for the replacement, LO Qwilfish and Floatzel are what really caught my eye with their diverse movepool and typing and great speed respecivly.

Now for DP Toby. I will NOT replace Venusaur, I'm sorry. Venusaur is the thing that keeps this team alive, and without it's key resistances to Grass, Fighting, and Electric, this team would be poop. I may replace it's set to a Choice Scarf set though. It is a great revenge killer as well as can get me some set up with Scarf'd sleep. Parasect and Toxicroak are good ideas though, thanks.
Really...I think you're underestimating Ludicolo's offensive potential. 90 Attack and 100 Special Attack is nothing to scoff at and with Swift Swim it's faster than, um, everything. Honestly, it's way better as a sweeper than as a staller. Just give it a try. He's widely recognized as the best rain sweeper besides Kabutops and Kingdra (but it's OU). Really, a rain dance without offensive Ludi isn't as nearly as threatening as one with it.

Ok, thanks, you two have convinced me. I can start testing it, thanks again. What is your opinion on Scarf Venusaur though?

EDIT: I've done three battles with some new sets and liked them, so I edited the RMT to match those sets (duh).

EDIT2: Wow, this is amazing. I just had a battle that showed all good things about the changes I made. I love all the smogonites who suggested them! heres the warstory... http://pastebin.com/cMSZDzAN

Also, when he claims his pokemon aren't EVd, it's BS. I ran the calcs, that toxicroak is Jolly with either 216-240 Atk EVs (it could be anything between those).

Thanks for clicking on this threat btw, you are very sexy.

Keep the comments coming!

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Like someone said above, Rain is a hyper offense team style. Using Ludicolo as a subseeder under the rain is a waste of its potential. Try the rain sweeper Ludicolo set of SD/Waterfall/Seed Bomb/Zen Headbutt. If he switches in on Milotic and gets up a SD as they go to Venusaur, the opponent's team will be decimated assuming Zen Headbutt doesn't miss.

Well, the special swift swim set is working really well for me, thanks though. I also have Kabutops, which is a better swords dancer in my opinion.

You switched in Ludicolo!

Opponent: HA! That's a special Ludicolo like all the other special Ludicolos I have pwned with my secret weapon. GO CHANSEY!

Chansey: Chansey!

Ludicolo used Swords Dance.

Opponent: Aw fu

Ludicolo used Life Orb Max Attack Adamant STAB boosted by rain and the force of 1000 suns Waterfall!

Chansey got CENSORED!

The rain continues to fall. The rain washed away Chansey's intestines!

Later in the match, you swept his Chansey-less team with Gorebyss and won.

Use SD Ludicolo because it lures Gorebyss counters and rapes them.

EV stuff: Timid ScarfRotom hits 463.5 (464?) speed in the Rain so 466 is the number you want to aim for. Give Ludicolo 228 Speed EVs instead of 224. Give Kabutops 148 Speed EVs.

Just some stuff from your threat list I think you're underestimating and need to watch out for:

Absol -> Sucker Punch smacks Ludicolo and Gorebyss, and most Absol players do know that Kabutops will Swords Dance / Aqua Jet and will Superpower it to death. Just watch out.
Azumarill -> Watch out for SubPunch versions!
Houndoom -> Sucker Punch, keep that in mind so use Kabutops?
Kabutops -> Adamant/Jolly versions with 252 Speed outspeed... your whole team in the Rain. Adamant versions can OHKO your Ludicolo with Stone Edge.

Oh, didn't know it rounded up, I'll fix the EVs. Alright, I guess I can sacrivice some of Kabutop's bulk.

Absol isn't much of a threat to my team tbh, but Registeel can really explode in a pinch.

Azumarill can be pretty annoying, but if I predict the substiute, I can defeat it.

Yeah well Kabutops owns Houndoom, Ludi does too as it's pretty bulky. Gorebyss has great natural physical bulk and can definatly take a sucker punch.

Kabutops hasn't really been a threat to me, but most run adamant 184 speed, which Ludi can handle. I've only seen them outside of the rain which is really odd too...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)