Indeedee-F

[OVERVIEW]
  • One of the best redirectors in the tier - supports both TR and most setup mons very well
  • amazing support movepool means you can tailor it to the team/mons you are trying to redirect for
  • psychic terrain blocks moves like fake out or espeed that can bypass the redirection, and stuff like prankster taunts/encores which annoy
  • good spdef but its physical defense can leave a bit to be desired
  • suffers from being a little passive compared to smth like togekiss, the partner absolutely must be putting on a lot of pressure

[SET]
name: Follow Me Support
move 1: Follow Me
move 2: Psychic
move 3: Helping Hand / Protect
move 4: Heal Pulse / Healing Wish
item: Focus Sash / Sitrus Berry / Psychic Seed / Safety Goggles
ability: Psychic Surge
nature: Relaxed / Bold
evs: 232 HP / 244 Def / 32 Spdef
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
========

Too many options for slots 3 and 4 ._. Min speed for TR but faster or more offensive sets make better use of mystical fire (for stuff like duraludon). HH still gives indeedee ways to generate pressure even when it doesnt need to redirect/attack. Protect is a nice option with heal pulse, since heal pulsing can scare opponents into doubling indeedee. EVs live a HH LO dragapult dragon darts because i couldnt think of anything else that would be worth living/could be lived and dragon darts gets past sash at least. better spreads probs exist if anyone has some. sash can allow for 252 hp / 252 spatk spreads and sitrus/seed give indeedee a bit more general bulk so only use on defensive sets. Goggles is nice for venusaur.

Usage Tips
========
  • very good early game to facilitate a TR setup or gain quick momentum with a setup move.
  • if you can, conserve indeedee even on low health because a midgame/lategame follow me can totally change the game once you have weakened the opposing side, but dont be afraid to sack it early if you are able to capitalise fully
  • know your calcs, sometimes it can be more useful to heal pulse to live a hit or helping hand to ko a threat rather than just redirect 2 hits
  • it is also important to recognise when your opponent can take advantage of indeedees passivity (i.e. with spread moves, setting up etc.) and know when you can get a psychic off, because it actually hits reasonably hard with the terrain boost.
Team Options
========
  • Psychic seed abusers: drifblim and hawlucha have unburden and can make use of the new speed mechanics to get fast very quickly. corviknight is ok too
    • drifblim has nice attack control options to patch up indeedees weak physdef and can set tw
    • hawlucha appreciates the redirection to set up or just dynamax and start hitting hard, also beats most dark types that hurt indeedee
    • corv can use the redirection and heal pulse to set up bulk ups and become epic
  • set up mons: dragapult, snorlax, ttar can all get turns to setup then dynamax and destroy teams
  • trick room teams - really like the ability to take away big hits/most tr counterplay (even fake out).
    • hatterene is quite frail so likes the redirection. can also quite hilariously bounce back heal pulses to heal indeedee. super strong and gmax smite doesnt overwrite psychic terrain, also max mindstorm gets insanely strong
    • dusclops likes not being taunted and is fat enough to live the big spread moves like hyper voice or duraludon hits

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
  • trick scarf to annoy fatter mons trying to possibly stall tr, also gives advantage in mirror
  • imprison also helps the mirror but you can lock out main stab of quite a few tr abusers (hats, reun)
  • safeguard with a lot of speed can help tr teams vs butterfrees which try to gmax befuddle or sleep powder
  • energy ball for gastro
  • light screen/reflect can set your partners up really nicely for the next few turns if you find a turn you dont need to redirect, but there are typically better things to do on each turn and it doesnt really have the moveslots.
  • mystical fire is quite nice on faster sets because you can get a key spatk drop on things like duraludon or other max mons to soften the hits into your partner
Checks and Counters
===================

**Duraludon**: completely ignores follow me and walls indeedee very well, tho has to be ever so slightly careful of dynamaxing because a couple of fast mystical fires can really slow it down damage wise

**Dark types**: threaten indeedee with massive damage and take none back. tyranitar in particular sets sand to break indeedees sash

Last edited:
I’ve used indeede a lot on my trickroom vgc team and I have to say, don’t recommend psychic as the damage is incredibly underwhelming and you’re better off with more support moves, just make sure that indeede’s partner has a LOT of offensive pressure

I’ve used indeede a lot on my trickroom vgc team and I have to say, don’t recommend psychic as the damage is incredibly underwhelming and you’re better off with more support moves, just make sure that indeede’s partner has a LOT of offensive pressure
But then aren't completely boned if you get Taunted?

Psychic terrain gives you 30% more damage though. Even on steel types with no evs in special attack you do at least half hp on ferrothorn. I use expanding force. Huge base power move does good damage on resist with HA. Mystical fire is match up specific and not reliable. Though you could argue the same for Expanding force. Opponent could use libero dark type cinderace (usually will g max to do this as psychic terrain will stop sucker punch from working) and ttar/bisharp can switch in and it gets completely walled so there's that.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Psychic terrain gives you 30% more damage though. Even on steel types with no evs in special attack you do at least half hp on ferrothorn. I use expanding force. Huge base power move does good damage on resist with HA. Mystical fire is match up specific and not reliable. Though you could argue the same for Expanding force. Opponent could use libero dark type cinderace (usually will g max to do this as psychic terrain will stop sucker punch from working) and ttar/bisharp can switch in and it gets completely walled so there's that.
While you're right about Expanding Force being good, DOU analyses have been more or less on hold while the metagame settles in the wake of the DLC.

Dynamax is currently banned in DOU anyway. This isn't a VGC analysis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)