- Outspeeds scarftar
- Outspeeds a lot of stuff
- Has access to encore
- Revenges DD Gyara/Mence
- Lolz at +5 CM/cursers

Partners:
- Rotom-A helps get rid of tenta, who really annoys this set
- Bulky Waters are fun to switch into water moves aimed at infy
- Celebi is also great at taking those water moves, and can threaten with grass knot/leaf storm

Counters:
- Tentacruellllllllllll
- Other bulky waters

I've used this as my teams primary revenge killer since like, November, and just felt like sharing it :)

It's a good set, but obviously it needs to be written up properly. If I recall correctly, there was already some talk about writing up this set somewhere...

Speaking of which, this could just be merged with the specially based scarf set on site. That one is horrendously out of date, as it doesn't even outrun +1 DD mence...

And Fire Blast is probably better than Flare Blitz, yielding the same KOs without suffering the nasty recoil.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Could you please explain what this set does better than the current scarf set, which also outspeeds everything and can potentially revenge everything you have listed on this as well? I'm not really sold on putting something similar to this unless it 100% has some merit over the current mix set, or else we'd be putting similar stuff on site.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have experience using Infernape as a physical Scarfer, and there are some details that you need to clarify before saying "it revenges "x" or "y"". As far as revenge killing goes, I believe Infernape does a better job while using a mixed moveset, such as the current on his analysis in the Strategy Pokedex for example. Here are some examples of why I hold this opinion:

Physically-based Infernape's Stone Edge vs:

4 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 307 Atk vs 194 Def & 332 HP (100 Base Power): 226 - 268 (68.07% - 80.72%)

156 HP / 96 Def Gyarados: 307 Atk vs 218 Def & 370 HP (100 Base Power): 204 - 240 (55.14% - 64.86%)

4 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 307 Atk vs 196 Def & 332 HP (100 Base Power): 226 - 266 (68.07% - 80.12%)

252 HP / 180 Def (Physically Bulky) Salamence: 307 Atk vs 241 Def & 394 HP (100 Base Power): 184 - 218 (46.70% - 55.33%)

As displayed on this calcs, Stone Edge isn't a sure KO even considering a minimum investment of HP and Defense EVs and factoring in Stealth Rock damage -- not mentioning Dragonite which is even bulkier than Gyarados and Salamence. On the other hand, the recoil experimented every time Flare Blitz is used isn't precisely good, more when you take into account that Infernape is vulnerable to every type of entry hazards that exists. This means that the opportunities of switching in and out will always be relatively short. Unlike this physical-oriented variant of Infernape, the mixed one that uses Hidden Power Ice and a specially-based Fire-type move, can perfectly take out the likes of Salamence (min HP variants have a 74% of being OHKOed without SR in play) and Dragonite (min HP variants have a 15% of being OHKOed without SR in play) in a single hit from HP Ice, just as others such as Flygon and Gliscor. Additionally, by using the move Overheat and 252 Special Attack EVs Infernape will always OHKO Pokemon such as Jirachi and Celebi without having to worry about that uncomfortable recoil that Flare Blitz counts on. So besides effectiveness in usage, coverage is another important point that my example of Infernape has. However, the current Scarf set in the Strategy Pokedex needs to be updated in a few details.
The only relevant thing that specially-based Infernape can't do with his moveset is to revenge kill Gyarados, but this isn't that important taking into account the rest of Pokemon that Infernape can dispose of by using something like: Overheat / HP Ice / Close Combat / U-turn.

The ability to revenge kill ScarfTar and hitting bulky Water-types (harder), is something that Physically Based MixApe using Life Orb accomplishes in a better way. Also, the difference of power when hitting with U-turn isn't that important either, as U-turn on ScarfApe is a move for scouting purposes, not for dealing a massive amount of damage on some Pokemon.

I don't approve this set.

Okay, so basically I agree that Mix ScarfApe is better than Physical. However, the current Scarf set on-site sucks (Rash nature, and weird looking Speed EVs). If you would like to fix that up and also add in AC that Infernape can also run a fully physical scarf to some effect, I will approve this.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Yeah I would also prefer a good mix scarf ape write up, fully physical ape doesnt seem as appealing at all, flare blitz is pretty bad in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)