Inheritance [Prime Council Elected]

Lucario inheriting from swoobat y/y?
Seriously, after a calm mind or two, and going mega, nothing's gonna live the perfect coverage HP fighting + stored Power + shadow ball.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
These sets have been woking wonders for me...

Thundurus (M) @ Choice Scarf (Genesect)
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Basically, the closest thing you can get to Genesect. After a Download boost, this thing wrecks everything with its unmatched coverage and speed. Great revenge killer too

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Lum Berry (Mega Rayquaza)
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

This thing destroys everything after a Swords Dance. You will be surprised how little the amount of mons that can take a +2 DA from this thing. Also with Delta Stream it has no weaknesses! It also has perfect coverage to sweep with eq and priority with espeed

I've been enjoying this meta when I have the time, and I found this set very interesting.

Lunatone (Diancie) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Ancient Power
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Hidden Power [Fire] / Earth Power

I never expected this thing to work well, but it surely does. This was my answer for something to counter for most common Landorus-T sets.
Levitate catches most things off guard and provides immunity for many entry hazards (minus Stealth Rock) as well as Diancie's Ground Weakness, meaning Landorus-T's Earthquake can't do anything, and neither can any Dragon-types with Earthquake who think they can kill Diancie before it kills them.
The EVs also give Diancie a lot of bulk. 150 / 150 Defenses are great without many EVs invested. 100 base SpA isn't bad, but it isn't amazing, so I put specs on this thing.
Moonblast is good STAB and is common on many normal Diancies. Unfortunately Lunatone doesn't get Power Gem, so I had no option but to run Ancient Power. Ice Beam is the move primarily aimed at Landorus-T and allows great coverage overall. For the last slot, I used to run Earth Power but I realized that Steel types with Levitate are fairly common, so I resorted to Hidden Power Fighting. Earth Power, however, is still an option, and I also found Hidden Power Fire can be good for any Levitate Aegislash/Doublade's that appear.

The HP Fighting set could be walled by any Steel/Ghost's, HP Fire could be walled by any Heatran, and Earth Power can be walled by any levitate Steel types. This set does have its drawbacks, but I find it still works quite well. It may use some improvements, but I haven't found any. If anyone can, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Love the meta so far, and thanks for reading. :P

I've been enjoying this meta when I have the time, and I found this set very interesting.

Lunatone (Diancie) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Ancient Power
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Hidden Power [Fire] / Earth Power

I never expected this thing to work well, but it surely does. This was my answer for something to counter for most common Landorus-T sets.
Levitate catches most things off guard and provides immunity for many entry hazards (minus Stealth Rock) as well as Diancie's Ground Weakness, meaning Landorus-T's Earthquake can't do anything, and neither can any Dragon-types with Earthquake who think they can kill Diancie before it kills them.
The EVs also give Diancie a lot of bulk. 150 / 150 Defenses are great without many EVs invested. 100 base SpA isn't bad, but it isn't amazing, so I put specs on this thing.
Moonblast is good STAB and is common on many normal Diancies. Unfortunately Lunatone doesn't get Power Gem, so I had no option but to run Ancient Power. Ice Beam is the move primarily aimed at Landorus-T and allows great coverage overall. For the last slot, I used to run Earth Power but I realized that Steel types with Levitate are fairly common, so I resorted to Hidden Power Fighting. Earth Power, however, is still an option, and I also found Hidden Power Fire can be good for any Levitate Aegislash/Doublade's that appear.

The HP Fighting set could be walled by any Steel/Ghost's, HP Fire could be walled by any Heatran, and Earth Power can be walled by any levitate Steel types. This set does have its drawbacks, but I find it still works quite well. It may use some improvements, but I haven't found any. If anyone can, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Love the meta so far, and thanks for reading. :P
There was a similar set upthread that opted for Calm Mind/Moonlight/Moonblast/Ice Beam over Specs. You lose the ability to predict against Steel-types (and Fire-types are also a pain), but it's a lot more flexible and can get kinda nasty to deal with at +2 if you don't have the right stuff on your team for it. This is what I've gleaned from playing against it, at least. Unless I needed the immediate power of specs, I'd opt for Calm Mind myself.

I'm not very good at this meta, but here are a couple of sets that I've seen put in some work.

This set can inherit from either Rampardos or Mega Gyarados.

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Ability: Mold Breaker
Naive Nature
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock / Hidden Power Grass / Toxic /(filler)

This is built to destroy the Flash Fire Ferrothorns and the Levitate Heatrans out there, and basically all the 'mons that run "immunity" abilities. Mold Breaker bypasses those, and can Toxic or Stealth Rock past Magic Bouncers.

Now, this set inherits from Emboar.

Electivire @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Wild Charge
-Flare Blitz
-Head Smash
-Superpower / Sucker Punch

This thing is pure power. A Scarf finally gives Electivire the speed it needs, while Reckless provides an insane power boost. Emboar has a fairly expansive movepool, so there are a lot of options. You can opt to run Flame Charge and Expert Belt over a Scarf.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life

Mewtwo(Pidgeot) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunder / Fire Blast
- Blizzard / Focus Blast
- Psystrike / Calm Mind / Recover

Okay, no more complaining about Pidgeot's lack of coverage or options.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature / Calm Nature
- Super Fang
- Roost
- Psycho Shift
- Taunt

Don't like set-up sweepers? Getting the OHKO before your precious stall mon can Roar or Whirlwind? This set stops a lot of set-up sweepers and shuts down certain slow stall mons pretty hard too.​

Last edited:
Someone try out this set, I've jsut been using it and it's fucking amazing:

Banette-Mega(Tyranitar)@Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD or whatever
-Sucker Punch
-Knock Off
-Taunt
-Will-O-Wisp

It's AMAZING at stopping every sweep except Mega Altaria is annoying to it, outspeeding with E-Speed.

Some other things I've tried out:
Fling/Acrobatics/Knock Off/Roost Toxic Heal Mandibuzz (copies Gliscor)
Flamethrower/Earth Power/Toxic/U-Turn Levitate Heatran (copies Hydreigon)
Volt Switch/Thunderbolt/Overheat/HP Ice Intimidate Thundurus T (copies Mega Manectric)

While lots of people like inheriting stuff, I would like to point out that there are a number of very viable Pokemon who don't need to inherit from anything, namely Heatran, Mega Lucario, Genesect and Aegislash.

I don't know if this pokemon has been discussed or not but I found great use in him

(Dragonite) Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

This set inherites from Dragonite, and it allows Glalie to gain a set up move AND keep the use of its ability upon the mega-evolution. Its Speed after the D-dance will allow it to outspeed many threats, besides the common Scarf Lati. However, it has the STAB Extremespeed upon the Mega Evolution allowing it to OHKO both of the Latis. The real threats to this thing are Stab BP or Mach Punchers after the Mega Evolution. I will get more Calcs as the day goes bye

EDIT: Also, suggest a good partner, none of mine bring out its full potential.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone's talked about this yet, but I've been having a lot of fun with this monster:

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Shed Skin
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off/Ice Punch

Scrafty is finally good for something! Inheriting from Scrafty allows Medicham to keep both its STABs in High Jump Kick and Zen Headbutt, while also giving it Dragon Dance and Knock Off. At +1, this thing is practically unstoppable, easily 2HKO'ing anything in the game. Even Unaware Suicune cannot switch into this thing, as HJK cleanly 2HKO's. Shed Skin pre-Mega gives you a chance to set up some Dragon Dances and cure any status in the meantime. It has a weakness to -atespeed and Gale Wings but those users certainly cannot switch in.

252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 255-300 (63.1 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 368-434 (82.8 - 97.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 182-216 (46.1 - 54.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Good partners for this would be Gengar, who absolutely tears through anything that isn't OHKO'd by MegaCham with Adaptability.
This is a great set for a great underated mon. However, maybe Bulk Up could be an alternative to the D-dance if you want more bulk.

I'll just post this set I've been using on my stall team:

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball

This set inherits from Banette-Mega which gives it Prankster.
The point of this set is pretty obvious: Come in on physical attackers and cripple them with Wil-O-Wisp or shut their set-up down with taunt. With Cofagrigus having a low HP stat of 58 and high defenses of 145/105 it can really abuse Prankster Pain split. You could opt for a EV-spread of 252 Def / 252 Sdef / 4 SpA to abuse Pain split even better, but that makes Cofagrigus a bit too frail imo to really come in on some attackers. Shadow Ball is for not being total taunt bait (Althought that won't happen often because you'll taunt them first, but in this meta taunt can come from mons you don't expect it to come from, so if you misspredict, you can still do something) If you really think you won't be needing Shadow Ball, you can still switch it with Destiny Bond, which is pretty nifty with prankster.
In a nutshell, this is pretty much a more bulky, but less offensive version of Banette-Mega. Also, watch out for gale wings Landorus, because he outspeeds your Will-O-Wisp and will 2HKO you if he is holding a Choice band.

Btw, I've already seen Protean Marowak a few times this day. I guess with the priority Kecleon provides, he is finally viable with Thick Club? For what I've seen his moveset is Fake Out / Shadow Sneak / Sucker Punch / Filler, with the filler being either Drain Punch as pseudo-recovery, Power-up Punch for set-up or a coverage move such as Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch and Rock Slide. Or maybe even Stealth Rock?
Cofagrigus can take care of Marowak pretty easily if it switches in on a Fake Out or a Drain Punch/Power-up Punch/Sucker Punch. Shadow sneak does around 35-40%, so you can easily WoW 'em.

So this is my set, any thought? Maybe someone could also explain the Protean-Marowak set a bit more?

Aggron (Rampardos) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Autotomize
-Head Smash
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch

Autotomize once and spam Head Smash until you can't spam it any more. Then spam coverage.

Maybe someone could also explain the Protean-Marowak set a bit more?
It's just one of the new proteans people have been testing out. I ran into it a while back too. It's main niche is abusing thick club to get basically a huge power + protean combo. Only drawbacks would be it's slow, sucker punch is unreliable and shadow sneak has low bp (fake out is fake out). It's a pretty good mon imo, if anyone hasn't seen it before, the sheer surprise would make it very effective. It's pretty bulky and since it's constantly changing type while using priority, it's harder to revenge. Another thing to note would be that it beats most, if not all, specially based proteans since they're mainly psychic/ghost types or are frail enough for sucker punch to get the KO.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Viability rankings yay!
S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are amazing in the Inheritance metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits.

S Rank

Landorus-T (Talonflame, Kecleon, Salamence-Mega, Trapinch, Dugtrio)

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the Inheritance metagame, and can sweep, support, or wall significant portions of the metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be compensated for when compared to their positive traits.

A+ Rank

Weavile (Glalie-Mega, Darkrai)
Pinsir-Mega (Lucario, Rayquaza, Genesect, Linoone)
Glalie-Mega (Lucario, Rayquaza, Genesect, Linoone, Noivern)
Terrakion (Spinda, Lucario-Mega, Heracross-Mega, Machamp, Breloom)
Gyarados-Mega (Huntail, Crawdaunt)
Azelf (Kecleon, Greninja)
Suicune (Masquerain, Quagsire)

A Rank

Cresselia (Xatu, Murkrow, Sableye-Mega, Sigilyph, Clefable, Breloom, Swoobat)
Snorlax (Gliscor, Breloom)
Altaria-Mega (Rayquaza, Lucario, Genesect, Dragonite, Linoone)
Metagross-Mega (Genesect, Pikachu, Deoxys)
Chansey (Mega Sableye, Clefable, Mew)
Heatran (Flygon, Hydreigon, Victreebel, Groudon-Primal)
Thundurus (Kecleon, Greninja, Kyogre, nidoking)
Doublade (Xatu, Flareon, Solrock, Arcanine, Flygon)

A- Rank

Mega Charizard X (Victini, Rayquaza)
Tyranitar (Crawdaunt, Absol-Mega, Shuckle)
Genesect (Kyogre-Primal, Beedrill Mega)
Lopunny-Mega (Lucario)
Salamence (Talonflame, Kecleon, Salamence-Mega, Rayquaza-Mega)
Latios (Swoobat, Kecleon, Dragalge, Reshiram, Nidoking)
Latias (Clefable, Greninja)

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the Inheritance metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential.

B+ rank

Diancie-Mega (Manaphy, Absol-Mega, Mew, Rayquaza)
Rotom-Wash (Kyogre-Primal)
Ursaring (Lucario-Mega, Pikachu, Genesect, Linoone)
Hippowdon (Ho-oh, Gliscor, Quagsire)
Gengar (Nidoking, Rampardos)
Garchomp (Trapinch, Pangoro, Gliscor)
Excadrill (Lucario-Mega, Toxicroak, Blaziken)
Manaphy (Masquerain)
Mew (Clefable, Swoobat )
Greninja(Kyogre, Deoxys, Manaphy, Crawdaunt)
Aerodactyl-Mega (Rayquaza-Mega, Staraptor)
Alakazam (Kecleon, Darmanitan)
Rhypherior (Quagsire)
Mamoswine(Lucario-Mega, Glalie-Mega)
Gardevoir-Mega (Exploud, Noivern, Chatot)

B rank

Goodra (Slowking, Mienshao)
Zygarde (Dugtrio)
Diancie (Cradily, Gastrodon, Mienshao, Clefable, Quagsire, Lunatone, Flygon)
Blastoise-Mega(Kyogre)
Porygon-Z (Noivern, Chatot, Whimsicott)
Meloetta(Whimscott, Exploud, Chatot, Noivern)
Togekiss (Xerneas)
Slowbro-Mega (Masquerain, swoobat)
Raikou (Kyogre-Primal, Mesprit, Manectric-Mega, Latias)
Celebi (Sigilyph, Breloom)
Entei (Ho-Oh)
Throh (Breloom, Meinshao)
Pidgeot-Mega (Noivern, Regice, Genesect, Dragonite, Chatot, Whimsicott, Mewtwo)

B- rank

Lucario-Mega (Lucario-Mega, Genesect)
Ferrothorn (Heatran, Arcanine)
Empoleon (Kyogre-Primal (both offensive and defensive)
Bisharp (Aerodactyl-Mega)
Zapdos (Ho-Oh)
Starmie (Kyogre-Primal)
Skarmory (Talonflame, Arcanine, Flareon)
Regirock (Mienshao, Quagsire, Clefable, Hippowdon)
Gardevoir (Xerneas, Mega-Altaria)
Kyurem-N (Abomasnow, Aurorus)
Houndoom-Mega (Zoroark, Mega Charizard Y, Ninetales)
Scizor-Mega(Klingklang)
Rhydon (Quagsire)
Aegislash (Xatu, Flareon, Solrock, Arcanine, Flygon)
Registeel (Xatu, Flareon, Solrock, Arcanine,Flygon)

These are the ranks S-B. Ranks C and D are gigantic and probably will never be finished, but this gives you a strong idea of the metagame. The Rankings were created by Adrian, Snaquaza, Darkenight, CactusCacti, and Myself (with Grurk and Akumeoy also participating towards the end). Any bias is attributed to us. If we missed something either in sets or in ranks, let us know, I am sure there are plenty of sets we missed between just 7 of us. If they are inferior to its rank we will not add them, however. Thank you to everyone who participated and good luck on the ladder! :)

Btw: Unlike the first one, I DO plan to keep up with this for a long time to come.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone's talked about this yet, but I've been having a lot of fun with this monster:

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Shed Skin
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off/Ice Punch

Scrafty is finally good for something! Inheriting from Scrafty allows Medicham to keep both its STABs in High Jump Kick and Zen Headbutt, while also giving it Dragon Dance and Knock Off. At +1, this thing is practically unstoppable, easily 2HKO'ing anything in the game. Even Unaware Suicune cannot switch into this thing, as HJK cleanly 2HKO's. Shed Skin pre-Mega gives you a chance to set up some Dragon Dances and cure any status in the meantime. It has a weakness to -atespeed and Gale Wings but those users certainly cannot switch in.

252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 255-300 (63.1 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 368-434 (82.8 - 97.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 182-216 (46.1 - 54.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Good partners for this would be Gengar, who absolutely tears through anything that isn't OHKO'd by MegaCham with Adaptability.
I just want to point out Lucario set also work with Mega Medicham If you don't want it to get revenged by Gale Wings or -atespeed user.

Lucario (Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch/Crunch
- Extremespeed

If you think any of the Gale Wings or -atespeed user can tank non-STAB Extremespeed, consider this.

+2 252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 346-408 (108.4 - 127.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Pinsir: 272-321 (100.3 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Glalie: 381-449 (126.5 - 149.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Extreme Speed vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 294-346 (95.7 - 112.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

NONE of the -atespeed user can even survive a +2 Extremespeed from this thing. You think Gengar can revenge this? Bullet Punch do the job.

+2 252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 241-284 (91.9 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Yeah you need Stealth Rock or this is quite unreliable. But I'd say this thing is as threatening as those -atespeed users overall and people definitely need to consider this as well when teambuilding or it will sweep your pokes easily.

Use Crunch if you don't want to get walled by Cresselia, Bullet Punch if you don't want to get revenged by Gengar.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Here are a few variations of an Aegislash set I've been getting some comments about on PS.
I don't know if this would be considered a gimmick or not, you decide.

Espeon (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
- Curse
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Quagsire (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- Protect
- Scald

SlowBro (Aegislash) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Curse
- Slack Off / Rest
- Scald
- Recycle / Protect

Trevenant (Aegislash) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
Bold Nature
- Curse
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

Avalugg (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- Protect
- Rapid Spin

The goal of these sets are to pressure the other player with Curse+Recovery+Insane bulk, while still being able to provide niche utility.

I would like to add that Heatran is very viable inheriting from Eelektross.

Heatran @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Levitate is a given considering heatran's terrible 4x ground weakness. Eelektross's movepool is enormous and there are many other viable moves heatran can use from it such as acid spray or another hidden power. The item can be scarf, specs, or life orb as well. Very fun pokemon.

Last edited:
B- rank
Ferrothorn (Heatran)​
I guess Ferrothorn can better inherit from either Arcanine or Flareon. They have both reliable recovery in Morningsun (Arcanine) and Protect/Wish (Flareon). They both get Steel moves for STAB (Arcanine gets Iron head/Flareon gets Iron tail). Idk if Heatran offers something Arcanine/Flareon can't offer? They both get roar and WoW. I would also rank Ferrothorn higher because it now has reliable recovery.

xJownage

I guess Ferrothorn can better inherit from either Arcanine or Flareon. They have both reliable recovery in Morningsun (Arcanine) and Protect/Wish (Flareon). They both get Steel moves for STAB (Arcanine gets Iron head/Flareon gets Iron tail). Idk if Heatran offers something Arcanine/Flareon can't offer? They both get roar and WoW. I would also rank Ferrothorn higher because it now has reliable recovery.
I'm going to hold off on ranking it up, but I will go ahead and add arcanine. Flareon wish/protect isn't too reliable and it doesn't have very much utility coming from it either. Also, Iron tail is a terrible stab on a defensive mon. We'll see what others say about moving it up.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
regular diance with levitate is worth a high ranking tbh, its better then mega diance i can say thats for sure. it walls most common protean sets(water/steel rek it tho, but nobody seems to run that), all forms of common birdspam, and has access to defog and u-turn. its a nice defensive pivot. id argue its better then doublade/aegis since it gets reliable recovery with 16 pp, and doesn't have to pick between fire/ground weakness, and can ohko pinsir with rock slide before it can do anything serious back. it even gets dragon tail if you fear them setting up on you.

xJownage

I don't see anything inheriting from Groudon-Primal there. Maybe add some Desolate Land users?
The question is what? There aren't that many mons that can abuse groudon's movepool; I'm not really thinking of any off the top of my head.

regular diance with levitate is worth a high ranking tbh, its better then mega diance i can say thats for sure. it walls most common protean sets(water/steel rek it tho, but nobody seems to run that), all forms of common birdspam, and has access to defog and u-turn. its a nice defensive pivot. id argue its better then doublade/aegis since it gets reliable recovery with 16 pp, and doesn't have to pick between fire/ground weakness, and can ohko pinsir with rock slide before it can do anything serious back. it even gets dragon tail if you fear them setting up on you.
The diancie set adrian provided for countering protean is far superior and is listed. That would be cradily. Diancie-Mega is also a very underrated mon and is highly effective.

NyneTiNyne Heatran offers Stealth Rock, and you get Iron Head and Roar too.
I knew Heatran got Iron head/Roar. I just confirmed that Flareon/Arcanine get those too.

I'm going to hold off on ranking it up, but I will go ahead and add arcanine. Flareon wish/protect isn't too reliable and it doesn't have very much utility coming from it either. Also, Iron tail is a terrible stab on a defensive mon. We'll see what others say about moving it up.
I've used FF Ferrothorn a lot in AAA and it has always been an excellent mon. Not a lot things can hit it when unboosted, expect for fighting moves ofcourse. And because Flareon is also added to Doublade, I assumed it would be good for Ferrothorn too. But I understand your point.

PS: Arcanine provides Ferrothorn with Extreme Speed. Heck Ferro is finally fast.

Last edited:

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
The question is what? There aren't that many mons that can abuse groudon's movepool; I'm not really thinking of any off the top of my head.

The diancie set adrian provided for countering protean is far superior and is listed.
lmao. yeah, because earthquakes from rayquaza lando/aerialate lando is definately something diancie enjoys. and all proteaners run water type coverage rite? and why is lunatone even mentioned. what does it get that flygon/chimecho doesn't? other then moonblast? levi diance checks protean IF they run water/steel, while countering 90% of flying spam. i have tried both. and there's a reason i switched to levitate. offensive teams cannot afford to run 2 walls for flying spam AND protean. and levi diance serves as a middleground to give you room for teambuilding, while also serving as a defogger. it fills 3 niches offensive teams desperately need, and all on one pokemon.

also i sudgest putting pignite on metagross...lmao before you call me crazy...it gets ~120-150 base power tough claws boosted heavy slam/heat crash on everything barring snorlax aggron, and other metagross...while having suckerpunch and low kick to pick off the two mentioned. its been mentioned and i can say its good.

Last edited:

xJownage

lmao. yeah, because earthquakes from rayquaza lando/aerialate lando is definately something diancie enjoys. and all proteaners run water type coverage rite? and why is lunatone even mentioned. what does it get that flygon/chimecho doesn't? other then moonblast? levi diance checks protean IF they run water/steel, while countering 90% of flying spam. i have tried both. and there's a reason i switched to levitate. offensive teams cannot afford to run 2 walls for flying spam AND protean. and levi diance serves as a middleground to give you room for teambuilding, while also serving as a defogger. it fills 3 niches offensive teams desperately need, and all on one pokemon.
Talk to adrian about that one. Diancie beats protean sets without iron tail 10/10 inheriting from cradily, and even though he wants protean banned he went as far to call it "easy to handle" about an hour ago since he is using that diancie set. I really am not sure why lunatone is mentioned, I am guessing it is moonblast but I really don't know. Levi Diancie loses to greninja variants of protean, which are about half of them atm (since a lot of people like that coverage as well as spikes and u-turn). Diancie really doesn't belong on offensive teams. Balanced teams maybe, but if offensive teams have to pack a counter to protean you aren't doing offense right.

Also I believe you were mentioning flygon, which you didn't say so I was confused, Now that I look at it I will add it, although the points I made still stand.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Roost

A set I've been having great fun with, checks the huge threat of pinsir reasonably well while actually hitting rather hard. Flying / Fighting is fantastic coverage which leaves your other 2 slots kinda free, I went for U-turn to keep up momentum and it's Tough Claws boosted and Roost to stay healthy throughout the game. Inherited from Staraptor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)