Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
IVs: 0 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Nasty Plot/Thunderbolt/Stealth Rock/Anything else
Nice set there, but I think mine is a little better.
Volcanion (Camerupt) (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Wave
So this is a Camerupt but inherits Volcanion. This is for removing that large 4* Water weakness. This is also good because Volcanion gets STAB for him and a few extra moves. If you don't wanna run Sludge Wave, there is also Focus Miss and Flash Cannon. There is no set up moves sadly, but Volcanion gets Haze and Defog. If you want some memes, you can run physical Camerupt too. I mean I think that's it.

Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Wave
So this is a Camerupt but inherits Volcanion. This is for removing that large 4* Water weakness. This is also good because Volcanion gets STAB for him and a few extra moves. If you don't wanna run Sludge Wave, there is also Focus Miss and Flash Cannon. There is no set up moves sadly, but Volcanion gets Haze and Defog. If you want some memes, you can run physical Camerupt too. I mean I think that's it.
LOL, believe it or not i was thinking about making another set with Volcanion as a donor too. That set is nice, but i feel Sludge Wave is somewhat useless, so I rather use the other options you've mentioned before.

Non-Mega-Camerupt is slow and weak. Its 4x weakness to Water is bad, but unboosted base 100 Attack and 105 Special Attack is worse.

Could try running it bulky with a healing move, though. But don't use base Camerupt.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
AYYYY! The greatest OM of all time is back baybeeeee! Here's some sets for y'all.

image.jpg

Drampa (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Roost

I couldn't afford to make a set without making good use of my nigga Dramps. Drampa was one of the lucky recipients of Defog this generation, meaning it can pass down its techniques to a worthy Ground/Water type (Swampy in this case) to make a solid defensive hazard remover with no weaknesses!

image.jpg

Lurantis (Buzzwole) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

You're telling me Buzzwole can now increase it's Attack and Defense just by attacking, can Knock Off Ghosts and still have sustain and a way to hit Fairies? Hoo baby, sign me up!

image.jpg

Marowak-Alola (Blacephalon) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head / Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

There's been no shortage of discussion about ways to take advantage of Blacephalon's huge Special Attack and good STAB combo. What everybody seems to forget about though is the string bean clown's inferior, but still meaty base 127 Attack. While this bizarrely allocated stat typically serves no purpose in the main games outside of the niche Knock Off or Explosion, the same can't be said in STABmons. Watch your opponent's face of terror as they switch into their special wall, only to get smashed by a Choice Band Flare Blitz or a Shadow Bone! As a fun bonus, inheriting from Marowak-Alola gives it Stealth Rock, so maybe an interesting offensive lead set could be of use?

image.jpg

Necrozma (Meloetta) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave / Earth Power
- Hyper Voice
- Moonlight

Hey people, let's not forget about the defensive utility Prism Armor provides. Now, give that ability to a Pokemon with one weakness, as well as provide it with actual recovery, and you've got yourself one tough nut to crack that can also fire back at you. Hard.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Ok not sure if this set is legal but since Gligar can be transfered via Gen 2 AND the transferred mon gets Hidden Abilities, this set just got a thousand times more disgusting.

Gliscor (Snorlax) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD (don't know what's the best spread for this)
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Facade
- Knock Off/Earthquake
- Roost

Okay so, Curse wasn't legal on Gliscor until this gen 2 transfer thing. But now Gliscor -> Snorlax with Curse, this has become the most annoying set ever. Facade and Knock Off or Earthquake practically has a lot of coverage that Breloom can ever dream of. Yeah, if you inherit from Breloom, it'll have Spore and Bulk Up but it doesn't have the coverage to hit everything. A+ Viability ranking, perhaps? Maybe, judging by how good AAA Snorlax is, we'll find out in ladder.
ROM hasnt correctly updated and for some reason its still not a legal set (it should be, but i guess someone didn't correct it) so its prob going to need to be fixed for omotm.

ROM hasnt correctly updated and for some reason its still not a legal set (it should be, but i guess someone didn't correct it) so its prob going to need to be fixed for omotm.
There was a recent refactor that completely broke the version of the Inheritance (and several other formats) code ROM was using; I thought I'd fixed it but unfortunately virtual console transfers were an edge case I hadn't checked. With any luck though it's only ROM's custom code that's broken.

Hey everybody,

I would to open a discussion the decision to ban inheriting from Ubers and Mega Evolutions. Let me disclose that I have not been in active in a while so if there is an obvious reason for this decision, I'm all ears. Inheriting from Ubers and Mega Evolutions were legal for the first itterations of Inheritance and it was fine. I'm not active anymore and haven't been for a year (haha get it since its january second?) but I worked closely with Snaquaza when he lead it and was honored to be on the council with Chopin and Lcass when we ran it together. I believe it was under scpinion's leadership inherinting from the afformentioned groups were banned, so lets dive right in.

Inherenting from Ubers and Mega Evolutions

The box legendaries were rarely something you would inherit from as it was usually their outrageous base stats that got them placed into ubers, think of Zekrom or regular Groudon. They would wipe the floor with an OU metagame, but that's because their stats are astonishing. Their movesets and abilities are good but not without its flaws. They're Ubers when backed by 680 and 670 BST respectively, in my experience they would usually be thrown aside for better inheritors like Victini, Ho-oh to name a few. These aren't the inheritors that would cause problems. It's the mons that got placed in Ubers not because of their stats but because of their ability and moveset, and especially those that got placed their for having all three. Mega Lucario, Mega Blaziken, Primal-Kyogre, Primal-Groudon, Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Salamence, Landorus-I, Marshadow etc. Mega Evolutions are similar. Most mega evolutions are specifically made for that pokemon and enforce their strength while reducing their weaknesses. Keep in mind that you could inherit from Ubers and Mega evolutions for two years, the policy change is fairly recent.

However this fails to recognize that these pokemon usually only have a handful of key-features that make them overpowered and there are already pokemon that can compete with them for their spot in the. There is not a power-vaccum in Inheritance right now and there are pokemon whose moveset and ability can compete with anything you can find in Ubers, mostly anything but I will get to that.

The most important point to stipulate here is this: Inherenting from Ubers is powerful, but Inheritance is a very sturdy metagame. Inherenting from Ubers would not break the metagame as there are already inheritors that are uber level.

Landorus-Therian is a great pokemon to inherit from. You get Sheer force, coverage, stealth rock, defog etc. but is it really ubers level compared to Nidoking. Nidoking gets more coverage than Landorus-I, stealth rocks, toxic spikes, taunt etc. My point here is that Landorus-I is an Ubers pokemon when combined with its stats and in an OU Metagame. Inheritance is a bulkier metagame with far more competition. Is the difference between inherenting from Torkoal and Groudon so great that Groudon should be banned while Torkoal-inheretors aren't all that? Sure Primordial Sea Keldeo is great, but so is Dragalge Keldeo with duel adaptability stab and a lot of utility.

I'm not arguing that we unban inherenting from every Ubers pokemon, Mega-Kangaskhan, Mega-Gengar etc. are obviously broken beyond belief and the idea shouldn't even be indulged.

What do you think? Personally I really loved the variation mega evolutions and megas brought to the table, it's another 70 pokemon to inherit from. I'd love to start a conversation on the topic, let me hear what you think! :)

Hey everybody,

I would to open a discussion the decision to ban inheriting from Ubers and Mega Evolutions. Let me disclose that I have not been in active in a while so if there is an obvious reason for this decision, I'm all ears. Inheriting from Ubers and Mega Evolutions were legal for the first itterations of Inheritance and it was fine. I'm not active anymore and haven't been for a year (haha get it since its january second?) but I worked closely with Snaquaza when he lead it and was honored to be on the council with Chopin and Lcass when we ran it together. I believe it was under scpinion's leadership inherinting from the afformentioned groups were banned, so lets dive right in.

The box legendaries were rarely something you would inherit from as it was usually their outrageous base stats that got them placed into ubers, think of Zekrom or regular Groudon. They would wipe the floor with an OU metagame, but that's because their stats are astonishing. Their movesets and abilities are good but not without its flaws. They're Ubers when backed by 680 and 670 BST respectively, in my experience they would usually be thrown aside for better inheritors like Victini, Ho-oh to name a few. These aren't the inheritors that would cause problems. It's the mons that got placed in Ubers not because of their stats but because of their ability and moveset, and especially those that got placed their for having all three. Mega Lucario, Mega Blaziken, Primal-Kyogre, Primal-Groudon, Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Salamence, Landorus-I, Marshadow etc. Mega Evolutions are similar. Most mega evolutions are specifically made for that pokemon and enforce their strength while reducing their weaknesses. Keep in mind that you could inherit from Ubers and Mega evolutions for two years, the policy change is fairly recent.

However this fails to recognize that these pokemon usually only have a handful of key-features that make them overpowered and there are already pokemon that can compete with them for their spot in the. There is not a power-vaccum in Inheritance right now and there are pokemon whose moveset and ability can compete with anything you can find in Ubers, mostly anything but I will get to that.

The most important point to stipulate here is this: Inherenting from Ubers is powerful, but Inheritance is a very sturdy metagame. Inherenting from Ubers would not break the metagame as there are already inheritors that are uber level.

Landorus-Therian is a great pokemon to inherit from. You get Sheer force, coverage, stealth rock, defog etc. but is it really ubers level compared to Nidoking. Nidoking gets more coverage than Landorus-I, stealth rocks, toxic spikes, taunt etc. My point here is that Landorus-I is an Ubers pokemon when combined with its stats and in an OU Metagame. Inheritance is a bulkier metagame with far more competition. Is the difference between inherenting from Torkoal and Groudon so great that Groudon should be banned while Torkoal-inheretors aren't all that? Sure Primordial Sea Keldeo is great, but so is Dragalge Keldeo with duel adaptability stab and a lot of utility.

I'm not arguing that we unban inherenting from every Ubers pokemon, Mega-Kangaskhan, Mega-Gengar etc. are obviously broken beyond belief and the idea shouldn't even be indulged.

What do you think? Personally I really loved the variation mega evolutions and megas brought to the table, it's another 70 pokemon to inherit from. I'd love to start a conversation on the topic, let me hear what you think! :)
Allowing Ubers as Donors
Onto my next point, the whole "inheriting from Ubers" thing, as I explained to Funbot28 on PS!, was done in the first place as you cannot use those mons as inheritors/receivers so it doesn't make sense to have them be allowed to donate their movepools and abilities while they are still banned within the metagame to be used. So for what it is worth, please refrain from bringing this up any more as my mind is made up and will not be changing for the foreseeable future. That being said, I do know that some Ubers aren't overpowered enough and thus can be unbanned within Inheritance and I will look into them once the council is formed (which should be soon).

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Wave
Yours is terrible. WEAK asf and meh bulk makes it pretty easy to break past.

Hey everybody,

I don't understand how inheriting a banned Pokémon movepool doesn't make sense because it's banned. It's not like the donor has to be physically present in the match, or even ceases to outright exist if it is banned. It's not much different from Smeargle running Sacred Fire or Precipice Blades in OU: just imagine inheriting as a more powerful Sketch that can copy the whole set of a Pokemon instead of just the last move used. Other OMs don't have any limitations about moves or abilities aviable normally only on banned Pokemon either, for example I can freely use Oblivion Wing Zapdos in STABmons, or Delta Stream Zapdos in AAA.

I'm not trying to derail the thread or necessarily change nv's mind, I just don't get the logic behind the move and I can't see it as anything beyond an artificial limitation of 70+ donors of which only 6 at most can be argued as broken.

Anyone come up with anything interesting for Empoleon? I just found this and wanted to try it out.

Pelipper (Empoleon) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 32 SpD / 228 Def
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog / Knock Off
Basically regular Pelipper but with much better defensive typing, bulk and lower speed (which is nice for slow pivoting). This was the first thing i could think about that provides it a good ability and utility movepool, but using Toxapex or Quagsire as a donor isn't a bad idea too.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Anyone come up with anything interesting for Empoleon? I just found this mode and wanted to try it out.
Hydreigon (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Surf
- Roost
- Defog

Sadly you miss out on Scald, but unless you want to inherit from Mew you won't be able to get that anyway.

Dhelmise (Empoleon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Steelworker
- Flash Cannon
- Surf
- Energy Ball / Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Knock Off / Rapid Spin
This could be a fun set. Empoleon has pretty good Special Attack and that only gets boosted further by Dhelmise's ability. I don't know what kind of EVs you'd run on this though.

Starmie (Empoleon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Another nuke kind-of thing. With Starmie's broad movepool and an ability that can actually work for Empoleon, this might not be as bad.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Anyone come up with anything interesting for Empoleon? I just found this mode and wanted to try it out.
I found an interesting Empoleon donor set yesterday while looking for Landorus-T donors. Empoleon is one of the only non-smeargle non-ubers to get both a decent flying STAB (Drill Peck) and Earthquake*. Add access to Defiant on to that and I think you have a decent set.
Empoleon aka I wish I had uturn (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Drill Peck
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Empoleon aka the dancing penguin dog (Landorus-Therian) @ Life Orb / Something else
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Drill Peck
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Agility

*Acrobatics + EQ is also a thing, but requires you to run no item. Technician Aerial Ace +EQ exists on Hitmontop if you're into that.

As mentionned, the following things are currently unbanned:
- hoopa-u
- imposter, and possibly other banned abilities
- all mega stones, including salamencite, lucarionite...

I assume this is a bug likely to be fixed (so no need to spam the thread w it) but i just wanted to point out all known issues. Apart from hoopa, all other banned mons (kartana...) are correctly implemented, and non-mega uber mons are still banned.
Gonna tag nv and The Immortal just in case they haven't seen these bugs yet.

Kecleon might be worth looking into. It has a wide enough movepool (both physical and special) that just about anything that inherits from it can make good use of Protean.

Edit: Komala too, Comatose is downright broken on something that has the stats to abuse it.

Last edited:
Kecleon might be worth looking into. It has a wide enough movepool (both physical and special) that just about anything that inherits from it can make good use of Protean.

Edit: Komala too, Comatose is downright broken on something that has the stats to abuse it.
How is Comatose broken? Without access to Whirlwind it is just yet another immunity that grants status protection like Magic Guard or Poison Heal.

Kecleon wasn't broken with Pheromosa in the tier, it's not broken now.

The end result of unbanning Ubers donations is a bunch of shit that no one will ever use and bunch of shit that's broken, with very little in between. It also pushes the metagame towards Atespeed and priority spam, and I refuse to let a good metagame go down that horrible path without a fight.

The small handful of in-betweeners that COULD add something meaningful to Inheritance (Ho-oh, Yveltal, anything better breaks SOMETHING) is not worth the clusterfuck that dealing with Kyogre, Groudon, and many more would entail.

Do you even praise the sun \[T]/

The threat (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Kecleon wasn't broken with Pheromosa in the tier, it's not broken now.

The end result of unbanning Ubers donations is a bunch of shit that no one will ever use and bunch of shit that's broken, with very little in between. It also pushes the metagame towards Atespeed and priority spam, and I refuse to let a good metagame go down that horrible path without a fight.

The small handful of in-betweeners that COULD add something meaningful to Inheritance (Ho-oh, Yveltal, anything better breaks SOMETHING) is not worth the clusterfuck that dealing with Kyogre, Groudon, and many more would entail.
Lucario, Dragonite, Zygarde, Arcanine and Linoone are all legal donors, so the metagame is already on the path of becoming an ExtremeSpeed fest. Genesect is quite broken because of Download, but (Mega) Rayquaza isn't that bad, and Arceus and Deoxys suck. You mentioned Groudon and Kyogre, but even there only the primals are actually broken; Groudon is outright worse than Torkoal, Kyogre probably isn't that much better than Pelipper and Politoed either. Xerneas and Lucario-Mega are other potentially broken Ubers(and Kangaskhan obviously but it was already banned last gen), and Sableye-Mega if you count non banned megas, but it ends there. They are just too few to justify blanket banning 70+ Pokemon. There is lots of stuff like Ho-oh, Lugia, Yveltal, Marshadow, Reshiram, Naganadel, even Blaziken, not to mention all the megas, that would be great but yet obviously not broken. If I were the leader I would just allow everything that's legally aviable in game(so no Zeraora or Intimidate Incineroar sets for example) to donate, and then ban from there, which is more in line with the policy of other major OMs. If Primal weather or ExtremeSpeed spam becomes a problem you should address it individually, not blanket ban dozens of innocent Pokemon, perhaps only to halfway solve the problem like in the case of Extreme Speed where Pokemon like Mega Pinsir, Mega Altaria and Mega Lopunny can still run almost all the sets they used to last gen. Arbitrary limitations are just not in the spirit of Smogon.

Last edited:

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Set dump #2
Feel free to optimize EVs or sets!

Clawitzer (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mega Launcher
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Water Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Clawitzer (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mega Launcher
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- U-turn
- Aura Sphere

Linoone (Ursaring) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Seed Bomb
- Throat Chop

Toucannon (Crobat) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Infernape (Beedrill) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Tyranitar (Garchomp) @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch

Torkoal (Heatran) @ White Herb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam

Lucario (Pinsir) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Druddigon (Garchomp) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Taunt

Dunsparce (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Glare
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Because fuck Alakazam and Pinsir. You can probably optimize the EVs more

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Something like this. You also have access to Taunt, Pain Split, Volt Switch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Rock Blast and Explosion now. I guess this would also work for Garchomp, though you lose Dragon STAB with it.

Flygon (Pyroar) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- U-turn

You also have Giga Drain if that interests you more. If you prefer a slightly broader movepool and don't mind losing U-turn, you can use Exploud as donor too which would give you Scrappy

Tropius (Sceptile-Mega) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Harvest (Lightning Rod after Mega Evolution)
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Hammer
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake

This is something to discuss. Dragon Hammer is the debatably the best physical damaging move for dragon types along with outrage but dragon hammer comes with no cost. Dragon Dance Mega Sceptile allows it to outspeed almost all normal scarfers in game and outspeed Mega Alakazam sets which are extremely common. Pair this with Koko > Xurkitree to break walls like Celesteela and you have a monster that can clean late game.

Celebi (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Celesteela with Recover, leech seed, hazards, Natural Cure, and slow turning?

I'm not gonna blow every set load yet, there's some stuff I wanna save.

But can we cut the bullshit and share the damn bed stop pretending Shell Smash won't always be broken and should just be banned at the outset of any new OM?

Landorus-Therian @ White Herb
Ability: Shields Down
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Mega Gyarados was banned for it, and I'm working on Landorus-T and Haxorus (Barbaracle).

EDIT: And, ofc, Torkoal to just about any Fire-type.

Also Tapu Lele!Alakazam is fucking amazing and I don't know why it's not S rank in the VR (do we have a VR?)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-683268812

Last edited:
Some cheeky sets I'm trying

Type:Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 ATK / 252 Def
Impish nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Tailwind
- Return

Inherits from Tornadus-T. Can safely remove hazards and set up tailwinds for sweepers.

Magnezone @ Life Orb / Expert Belt / Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch

Inherits from Vikavolt. Basically just Magnezone with a permanent balloon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)