Metagame Inheritance

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
First of all, did simsims2800 forget about Aurorus?

Secondly, I play a lot of BH, and I thing I run is the imfamous Imposter Chansey, and here she is!

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpA
- Transform

Unless I'm missing something, this is legal.
Imposter is banned. However, you can run Transform Chansey if you use Limber from Ditto.

One of the better stall teams from last gen ran Prankster Haze Azumarill to stop it, but since it's a Dark-type now, I legitimately do not know whether that even still works.
Haze doesn't target the opponent so it still works on dark types with prankster.

Well, I tried posting this earlier and failed, so retry. One thing that was common and probably still will be is priority. My solution:
Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Miss
- Thunder/Thunderbolt

This set is inherited from Tapu Lele and used to stop all priority damage. Focus miss is literally the only stab Lele gives, so I just took it because the other option is coverage HP fire. Psyshock is terrain boosted and good coverage, and moonblast and thunder(bolt) are good coverage. Both thunders can be used, but I would use bolt to minimize chance of taking damage. This is a hard counter to mega pinsir and other e-speed users, since you will out speed nearly everything. You also can out speed scarf xurkitree and hit for massive damage with a Psyshock or focus blast, and remove the electric terrain they probably run.

Set Dump

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Beak Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Roost
- U-Turn

Super strong pivot with good typing and Special Defence backed by Beak Blast to discourage physical attackers whilst simultaneously providing solid offensive presence alongside Sheer Force Flash Cannon. Sassy for slow U-Turn because Beak Blast is negative priority anyway.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftover
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Play Rough
- Earthquake / Wood Hammer
- U-Turn / Bulk Up / Swords Dance

Torterra could also pull off a very similar set. Unfortunately severe 4mss but has a lot of cool options between Spinning, STABs, Coverage, Momentum, Set Up, and even Wish Tect if you can find room, all making for a pretty cool pivot and Status Sponge thanks to Comatose.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Haze
- Feather Dance
- Roost
- Night Shade

This generation's Azumaril, and pretty much the only thing stopping Belly Drum or Shell Smash Mega Gyarados from 6-0ing every stall team ever. Outside of that still makes an awesome blanket check to Physical attackers thanks to Priority Haze and Feather Dance.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Shore Up
- Hidden Power Fire / Hypnosis

Pretty similar to regular Venusaur, only Water Compaction is a pretty neat pre mega ability for it, and Shore Up is a flat upgrade to Synthesis. Mega Venusaur is sure to still be quite useful for checking a myriad of threats.

Muk-Alola @ Black Sludge
Ability: Fur Coat
Careful Mature
- Foul Play
- Play Rough / Roar
- Toxic
- Parting Shot

A catch all slow defensive pivot. Alola form Master Race.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail

Oldy but Goldy. This is another unique set that I used last gen and is super fun. Focus Punch and Sucker Punch are pretty much the two best moves in the game to fire off from behind Subs, and you force enough switches to get Subs easily, especially threatening to Mega Evolve. Iron Tail is there to nail Fairy types and gives you a bunch of resistances after use to get your next Sub up.
Here is a cool replay from last gen of the set in action.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/inheritance-290261009

I'm new here and i'm not very skilled but i think that something like Quagsire/Pyukumuku/Clefable Cosmoem can be really intresting it has an incredible 43/131/131 bulk and access to Eviolite
Well, anything that can't get away with running 0 attacks (because it's weak as shit) is probably not a good donor, so Clefable's out and, to a lesser extent, Quagsire -- it won't be able to do anything if the opponent isn't Toxic-prone, and it won't have a pivot move to get out of there. Pyukumuku is pretty much what you're looking for here, and it really is a 50% bulkier Pyukumuku that has a slightly faster BP.

Another option, since it's complete Taunt bait, is inheriting from Espeon. With its bulk, it can easily set up a few Calm Minds and BP them to a partner.

Espeon (Cosmoem) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Morning Sun
- Power Swap / Toxic / Heal Bell / Other filler

I'm new here and i'm not very skilled but i think that something like Quagsire/Pyukumuku/Clefable Cosmoem can be really intresting it has an incredible 43/131/131 bulk and access to Eviolite
Cosmoem with an Eviolithe and 248 HP EVs reaches 433, which is the equivalent of a base 115 HP.

That essentially gives Eviolithe Cosmoem defensive base stats of 115 / 131 / 131.
Meanwhile Cresselia has 120 / 120 / 130.

So no, don't run Cosmoem.

It's very important to apply Eviolite bulk to the actual stat, because attacks that inflict static amounts of damage completely changes how it plays. Chansey 3HKOs with Seismic Toss, which is very important if it's trying to accrue multiple boosts. Don't ever change its HP when accounting for Eviolite.

Random ideas!
Skarmory (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
The main problem with a wall Celesteela before was the lack of recovery outside of leech seed and no rocks. Inheriting from Skarmory solves these problems and gives it one less reason to be used in this harsh meta where it would never see use anyways.

Zygarde (Garchomp) @ Garchompite
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Crunch
- Extreme Speed

Inheriting from Zygarde allows you to (A) use the best ground move in the game (B) use dragon dance to boost megachomp's poor speed and his attack and (C) gives access to priority E-Speed.

Buzzwole (Pheromosa) @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Fell Stinger
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break

A gift, from one ultra beast to another. Bring this in after a KO and get the surprise kill with fell stinger, and before they know it, they have a 933 Atk monster with 151 base speed sweeping there team with coverage on every mon in the whole meta. Just for calcs:
+3 252 Atk Life Orb Pheromosa Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 153-182 (97.4 - 115.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
And that's clean 100 after rocks. Don't mess with Pheromosa.

Lucario (Marowak-Alola) @ Thick Club
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Blaze Kick

Just.... just why. E-Speed coming off of a 600 Atk mon, with STAB shadow claw and blaze kick plus earthquake for coverage. as far as abilities, your other options are inner focus or steadfast, both of which are bad since you are immune to fake out, the main flinch move, so I just use justified for a chance of 900 Atk.

That's it, feel free to critique or prove me wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if I messed something up badly.

Here's one of my favorite megas:

Shiinotic (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed/Spore
- Strength Sap

I'm not sure what EV spread will be needed, but this is basically Mega-Venusaur with improved recovery and spore. I also don't know how great this will be with mega pinsirs flying around, but I was excited to see it.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Masquerain (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Fell Stinger
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

Scizor, but with boosted Fell Stinger. Although it does forfeit Bullet Punch, once Scizor is boosted, there's nothing really stopping it.

Persian-Alola (Dusclops) @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Parting Shot
- Shadow Ball

There really isn't a word that describes how bulky this is. With 3x the Defense nothing's going to kill it with a physical attack as it boosts up its special attack and sweeps. Too bad it doesn't get recovery, though.

What do people think about the Weak Armor Buff? Now giving +2 Speed whilst still only -1 Def. For a lot of offensive mons it could make for a near free Rock Polish on the switch in for some surprise sweeps. Alternatively Crustle, Skarmory and Omastar all get Weak Armor alongside Stealth Rock and Spikes, which could make for some cool suicide leads.

Crustle (Dodrio) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Flail
- Knock Off

Last edited by a moderator:
upload_2017-1-20_17-9-38.png

I think Xurkitree could really be a scary threat while inheriting from this:

Xurkitree@Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Evs: 252 SpA 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature

Hyper Voice
Thunderbolt
Earth Power
Rock Polish

A very scary Rock Polish sweeper, with a bit of support, or late-game, it can boost to +2 Speed and sweep teams with perfect neutral coverage, Earth Power is here for some steel types that would inherit from a Pokemon with electric immunity and hope they can wall that set (Aka Magearna or Heatran). Modest offers you more power but Timid could be helpful to outrun more threats if you don't get a chance to setup but you will lose some power though. It obviously inherit from Aurorus.

upload_2017-1-20_17-11-17.png

Pinsir @Pinsirite
Ability: Aura Break=>Aerilate
Evs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Dragon Dance/Coil
Extreme Speed
Thousand Arrows
Return

Zygarde is a pretty cool Pokemon for Mega Pinsir to inherit from even if Dragon Dance looks a bit inferior to Swords Dance, it still boosts Pinsir attack and now it boosts also its Speed stat so that it can outrun more threats. Coil is also a good option since Extreme Speed has priority, and also bolsters Mega Pinsir's physical bulk. Extreme Speed and Return are Mega Pinsir STAB options and Thousand Arrows completes the coverage.

View attachment 76904

I think Xurkitree could really be a scary threat while inheriting from this:

Xurkitree@Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Evs: 252 SpA 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature

Hyper Voice
Thunderbolt
Earth Power
Rock Polish

A very scary Rock Polish sweeper, with a bit of support, or late-game, it can boost to +2 Speed and sweep teams with perfect neutral coverage, Earth Power is here for some steel types that would inherit from a Pokemon with electric immunity and hope they can wall that set (Aka Magearna or Heatran). Modest offers you more power but Timid could be helpful to outrun more threats if you don't get a chance to setup but you will lose some power though. It obviously inherit from Aurorus.
Use this

Xurkitree @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Earth Power
-Rock Polish

Inheriting from Rampardos. It's like your set but entirely better.

Just a few sets I'm liking so far:

Type: Null @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Return
- Parting Shot
- Rest
- Toxic

This once useless mon is now a defensive behemoth, the one down side is the lack of recovery, however running rest with a decent cleric would pretty much offset this.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot

Simple set. Switch in->Wreak havoc under electric terrain. Life orb is preferably if you're scared of being walled and obviously a-wak can easily wall you but who would dare run normal a-wak :^)

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Some of the sets which I thought of

Terrakion @ Normal Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 44 Spe OR 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake / Poison Jab / Sucker Punch / Bullet Punch

Not Superpower Malamar because of a lot of new threats and this set also lets it defeat a lot of mons.
Fake Out uses Normal Gem and gives X2 speed on the first turn which lets it outspeed the whole unboosted meta.
High Jump Kick and Stone Edge for STAB output, Earthquake for coverage.
Alternatively Poison Jab can be used to hit Fairy and Grass types
44 Speed EVs are there to outspeed 110 Base speed Pokemon with +1 boost, max investment in attack to hit hard. Max investment in speed can be done if Shell Smash becomes common.

Terrakion with this set KOes most of the common threats like Kartana, Hoopa-Unbound, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Mega Pinsir. Unfortunately bulky physical walls like Suicune, WoW Chansey inheriting from Sableye (damn annoying), Skarmory, Celesteela
High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 368-434 (142 - 167.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pheromosa: 379-447 (133.9 - 157.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hoopa-Unbound: 348-411 (115.6 - 136.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Terrakion High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 614-726 (87.2 - 103.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk burned Terrakion High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 336-396 (47.7 - 56.2%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO
High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP/252 Def Skarmory: 144-171 (43.1 - 51.1%) 4.7% chance to 2HKO
High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP/252 Def Celesteela: 180-213 (45.2 - 53.5%) 35.5% chance to 2HKO

Keldeo @ Normalium Z
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Happy Hour
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Zappy Hour gives +1 in all stats (except accuracy and evasion) + can be used if the opponent is going to use a Psychic/Flying/Fairy move to gain Normal typing. Protean makes every move your STAB. Gets walled by Unaware walls. Hydro Pump against all those who don't resist it, Ice Beam KOes Kartana, Dark Pulse for coverage.

Buzzwole @ Life Orb
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Leech Life
- Brick Break
- Sucker Punch

First Impression is the last impression unless you switch out! Golisopod has a really cool movepool and Buzzwole appreciates inheriting from it. With that decent physical bulk its not that easy to KO. First Impression is the beast move and hits real hard but comes at a cost of Emergency Exit which isn't a really good ability but hey it gives Buzzwole more switch ins for using First Impression. Leech Life for additional bug STAB, Brick Break for Fighting STAB and Sucker Punch as another priority move. Here's how you get the benefit of Sucker Punch: Imagine you're in a situation in which Buzzwole has 60% health and you know that the opponent is faster and will be using an attack that will do.. say 30% damage, just use Sucker Punch to hit the opponent before getting EEed (lol)

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Simple
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Superpower

Stay normal on the first turn and set up Swords Dance (X3) then mega evolve to sweeep. With a X3 Attack boost it OHKOes a lot of Pokemon. Mega Pinsir appreciates Stealth Rock on the opponent's side which allows it to turn 2HKOs into OHKOes.

+4 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 901-1062 (127.9 - 150.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 252 Atk Aerilate burned Pinsir-Mega Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 450-531 (63.9 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+4 252 Atk Pinsir-Mega Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 1182-1392 (167.8 - 197.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 252 Atk burned Pinsir-Mega Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 591-696 (83.9 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+4 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Type: Null: 372-438 (94.4 - 111.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+4 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Fur Coat Type: Null: 186-220 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO
+4 252 Atk Pinsir-Mega Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 444-524 (112.6 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 252 Atk Pinsir-Mega Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Type: Null: 224-264 (56.8 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+4 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kartana: 211-250 (81.4 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Unaware Suicune: 163-193 (40.3 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+4 252 Atk Pinsir-Mega Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Celesteela: 345-407 (86.6 - 102.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
+4 252 Atk Pinsir-Mega Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Skarmory: 278-328 (83.2 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+4 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Palossand: 504-594 (134.7 - 158.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog / Encore / Feather Dance / Tailwind / Taunt / Boomburst
- Chatter
- Roost
- Toxic

The Fur Coat Type Null set posted by gmfc is probably the best physical wall in the meta but here's this set which I made while looking for a spinner/defogger for my team Type Null inheriting from Chatot. Defog removes hazards and screens, Roost for recovery, Toxic to wear down the opponent and Chatter as a damaging move deals decent damage with the chance of confusing the target 100% of the time. I use it for hazard removal but if you already have one then you could go for any other move other than Defog

Bigger threats first
OHKOed with Chatter so the opponent would fear sending it against Null (if the opponent doesn't have Special Specs Focus Blast)
252 Atk Life Orb Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 283-338 (71.8 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Pheromosa Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Type: Null: 369-437 (93.6 - 110.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Pheromosa Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Type: Null: 422-500 (107.1 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Type: Null Chatter vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Pheromosa: 384-452 (135.6 - 159.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

OHKOed with Chatter after hazards damage
252+ Atk Life Orb Buzzwole High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 320-377 (81.2 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Type: Null Chatter vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Buzzwole: 296-352 (83.3 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Can be stalled with Roost and KOed by 3 Chatters
252 Atk Life Orb Steelworker Kartana Anchor Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 164-195 (41.6 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Type: Null: 82-97 (20.8 - 24.6%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
0 SpA Type: Null Chatter vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 107-127 (41.3 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Can be venomed + stalled by roost
252+ SpA Adaptability Hoopa-Unbound Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Type: Null: 164-194 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Hoopa-Unbound Hidden Power Fighting vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Type: Null: 124-146 (31.4 - 37%) -- 77.4% chance to 3HKO
- Can't beat this unless confusion hax
252+ Atk Life Orb Terrakion High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 304-359 (77.1 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Can't beat this after it gets X3 Simple boost
252 Atk Pinsir-Mega Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 148-176 (37.5 - 44.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after
+4 252 Atk Pinsir-Mega Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 444-524 (112.6 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Type: Null Chatter vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pinsir-Mega: 100-118 (36.9 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Can't
beat this as its immune from Toxic + can OHKO Null after a boost
+2 252 SpA Heatran Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Type: Null: 375-442 (95.1 - 112.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Can easily take hits from this
252 Atk Galvanize Tapu Koko Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 91-108 (23 - 27.4%) -- 58.3% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Galvanize Tapu Koko 300 Base Power Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 223-264 (56.5 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Mega Launcher Keldeo Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Type: Null: 408-480 (103.5 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Other Pokemon with Extreme stats/moves/ability which can be dealt with
252 SpA Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Type: Null: 127-150 (32.2 - 38%) -- 96.7% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Refrigerate Glalie-Mega Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 94-112 (23.8 - 28.4%) -- 96.7% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Refrigerate Glalie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Type: Null: 180-213 (45.6 - 54%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 210-247 (53.2 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Type: Null: 256-303 (64.9 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Type: Null: 43-52 (10.9 - 13.1%) -- possible 8HKO
252 Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Type: Null: 94-112 (23.8 - 28.4%) -- 95.2% chance to 4HKO

Note: The Fur Coat set does even better than this at taking hits but this set contains different moves which differentiates it from that (Primarily defogging)

I tested this set and found its pretty cool. Here's the replay of the battle (its against a bot but still the set works fine :P)
[Replay]dragonheaven-gen7inheritance-14412[/Replay]
6-0 using stall :^] Although I hate stall
Speaking of stall, Chansey inheriting from Sableye seems a bit OP (/broken?) It gets priority Will-o-Wisp,Moonlight/Recover, Metal Burst, Wonder Room (lol), Confuse Ray (got nerfed but yeah), Taunt. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
CHesnaught (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Superpower

Ok , many people have already made sets for Kartana , but that thing is a monster . This set can 0HKO many mons , and destroys offensive teams without a faster mon .

Speaking of stall, Chansey inheriting from Sableye seems a bit OP (/broken?) It gets priority Will-o-Wisp,Moonlight/Recover, Metal Burst, Wonder Room (lol), Confuse Ray (got nerfed but yeah), Taunt. What do you guys think?
Well, it was banned in gen 6 Inheritance and it was one of the first things to be banned because it was one of the most broken things early after the meta was made. In Gen 7, I can't say for sure since we need a ladder to actually see, but based on some plays I've had (iirc one of the plays was with Spandan), it IS still pretty broken. And I don't think Dark type not being affected by Prankster fix it, since Sableye learns both Dazzling Gleam and Low Kick to screw over Dark types. So I think it's still broken BUT the main abuser will no longer be Chansey, but bulky Fairy types like Tapu Fini or Florges.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I have a couple of sets I wanted to offer up:

Hydreigon (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

While everyone has been hyping up Heatran (Torkoal), and for good reason, I do believe that giving Heatran what it really wants i.e. a Ground immunity makes it a good defensive behemoth. On top of that, Hydreigon gives Heatran reliable recovery in Roost, allowing it to continue tanking hits when necessary.

Salazzle (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power / Focus Blast / Thunderbolt
- Toxic Spikes / Stealth Rock / Taunt

A great offensive hazards mon that can power through a lot and with the lack of Megas being givers this gen, Magic Bounce isn't as common as it once was. The 3rd move is mainly for what the team needs, with Earth Power and Focus Blast hitting Steel-types that might be neutral to Fire Blast or Chansey (in the latter's case) while Thunderbolt helps to break through bulky Water-types such as Suicune. The entry hazard of choice is dependent on whether or not you are needing a SR mon or need to improve your bulky mons matchup. Lastly, you could forgo a hazard completely for Taunt to avoid slower CM or QD users from setting up (and Salazzle is pretty fast sitting at base 117 Speed).

I hope that despite all the recent "hubbub" we can work on learning what INH7 has to offer and finding all kinds of unique and wonderful things and maybe start posting some sample teams :o

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see this meta's back, had a lot of fun with it in Gen 6. Anyway, some sets:

Celeseteela @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Inherits from Sudowoodo. It's a basic suicide lead: set up Stealth Rock, let the opponent bring you down to the Sash and KO yourself with STAB Wood Hammer. Sucker Punch bypasses opposing priority; Earthquake gets additional coverage.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Sleep Powder / Energy Ball

Inherits from Vivillion. Quiver Dance gives it the power, speed and bulk to sweep. Hurricane is the STAB move, having 91% accuracy with Compound Eyes. Roost keeps Celesteela healthy. Sleep Powder puts a would be check out of commission, and also won't miss thanks to Compound Eyes. Energy Ball could be used to hit Rock types hard.

Landorus-T @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Roost / Stone Edge

Inherits from Salamence, designed to clean up late game. Since it can't have Aerilate anymore, Z-Fly is the next best thing. Dragon Dance boosts its Speed and Attack. Earthquake is the main STAB, 2HKOing just about anything not resisting it at +1. Fly becomes a 175 power Supersonic Skystrike with Flyinium Z. Roost can be used to stay healthy, while Stone Edge has additional coverage. Moxie makes it insanely powerful after a kill or 2.

Guzzlord @ Darkinium Z
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Parting Shot
- Toxic
- Protect

Bulky defensive pivot, inheriting from Persian-A. Foul Play gets STAB and lets you not be set up bait. Parting Shot grabs momentum, and when used as a Z move restores the recipient's health. Toxic whittles away at your foe's HP; Protect buys more turns.

Kommo-O @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch / High Jump Kick
- Dual Chop
- U-turn
- Poison Jab / Knock Off / Stone Edge

Inherits from Mienshao, designed as a bulky tank. Drain Punch gets STAB and restores HP; High Jump Kick is much stronger. Dual Chop is Mienshao's only Dragon move (I think), although if you don't need a secondary STAB you could run another coverage move instead. U-turn lets you scout switch ins and grab momentum. Poison Jab stops you being walled by Fairies. Knock Off removes items and helps against Ghost types. Stone Edge hits Flying types. EVs are self explanatory.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Inheritance is back! Woo!

nv was not interested in leading the metagame anymore, so I'm the new thread owner and metagame leader.
Last time I started leading a metagame I upheld an "unpopular" decision (Monotype's type bans). Here's to this one working out as well as that has!

For those of you new to the thread, there was a big discussion on whether the Donor's identity should be revealed upon switch-in. That discussion has been removed from this thread because it wasn't a part of Inheritance's original submission. Please don't re-initiate that discussion—the Donor reveal mechanic will be a part of Inheritance in Gen 7.

My goal with this metagame is to emphasize high-end competitive play. i.e. I want it to play like a standard tier, but with augmented Pokemon and more team building options. I'm excited to see where that philosophy takes this metagame! As such, there are two changes to the Donor Clause:

1) No two Pokemon on your team may Inherit from the same evolutionary line. This is a natural extension of the Species Clause.
2) Chatot + the Machamp and Golurk evolutionary lines may not be used as Donors because of their 100% Confusion moves.

Tagging Spandan to implement these changes please. Thanks in advance :D

~~~

To kick things off, I'd like to compile a list of common Donors (similar to a role compendium) for the second/third post in this thread. Alongside any normal discussion, feel free to post the Donors you routinely use on your teams and why you use them. I'll make sure they get added to the compendium.

Also, I'd love to get some sample teams for people to start from!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)