Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
My number is 2000, let me know if you need me to hatch for you.

P.S. Looking for someone with 987 to hatch an eevee for me.

Ok, I'll wait for your walkthrough. If this works I'll give you a shiny pokémon (even though I don't have one yet) LOL
Found a regedit free way of doing this early in the thread!!!

Go to Start, Search, and type in services.msc
Go down to WLAN Auto Config, double click it to open
Under Startup Type, select Automatic
Under Service Status, Click the Start button

Sophie i followed your steps but when i press start hotspot a error box comes up saying
The method or operation is not implemented.
and when i close that another box comes up saying virtual router plus couldnt be started

please if you ahve the time help me :)

Found a regedit free way of doing this early in the thread!!!

Go to Start, Search, and type in services.msc
Go down to WLAN Auto Config, double click it to open
Under Startup Type, select Automatic
Under Service Status, Click the Start button
It was in portuguese but I found it.
The Startup was already Automatic and it had already Started.
I stopped it and changed it, then returned it to the settings you told me. However, the problem is still the same.
"(Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070425)"
Argh.

Sophie i followed your steps but when i press start hotspot a error box comes up saying
The method or operation is not implemented.
and when i close that another box comes up saying virtual router plus couldnt be started

please if you ahve the time help me :)
What did the CMD prompt say when you did step #3?
Does your NCPA.CPL look the same as mine in step #5?

Sophie's steps:

Step 1) Download and install WinPCap
If this fails or gives you an error, please see step #1A at the bottom of the post for NIC issues
Step 2) Download and unzip Instachecker

Step 3) Open the CMD prompt with administrator privileges.
Easiest way for Vista+7 users to do this is typing CMD into the search bar in the start menu. Windows 8 users just need to go to their main tile page and type CMD

Once you've open the command prompt you need to enable hosted networking by typing"
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
****If you see anything other then whats below, please skip to step #1A at the bottom of the post

Step 4) Open Instachecker
Enter a Network Name (SSID) and a Password for the virtual network you'll be connecting your 3DS to. Where it says "Shared Connection" you'll want to ensure that you've choose whatever physical wireless adapter is called. See step #5 if you're unsure or can't locate it OR if you get an error
Then "Start Hotspot" you should get confirmation that this Virtual network is working,

Step 5) Verify network adapters are enabled
Use the same method to access the command prompt. Windows Vista+7 users please search for "NCPA.CPL" in the start bar, and Windows 8 users can just type that in the tile screen.

This will show you a list of your network adpaters. A succesful configuration will look exactly like mine. With both your physical and virtual networks enabled

If you do not see a "Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter" (I renamed mine 'Pokechecker' but as default it was called Wireless Network 2) then you'll need to right click on your physical wireless adparter and 'enable' it. A few moments after that the virtual network should appear. If not then you probably need to go back to Steps # 1 and # 3​

Step 6) Set-up and Connect on the 3DS

One thing to keep in mind while doing this, is you must have the Virtual network above your usual home wifi network on the connection list, or the 3DS will pick the wrong network. My home network is "SHAW-EE54BE" so I've placed PokeChecker above it.

If the test passes and connect to the Internet - Proceed to step # 7

If the test fails to connect to the access point - Verify the network is enabled in step # 6 then verify you entered in the right SSID / Password

If the test connects to the access point but not the Internet - This is usally caused by the scan being started early... so you weren't following my steps!! >:[ Just kidding! Try to connect again, if it fails twice please restart your computer and repeat steps # 4 (you may need to do #3 again if the hotspot gives you the error "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation")
Step 7) Load Pokemon and connect to the Internet

Step 8) Select your Virtual Network and "Start Scanning"

Step 9) Profit!
Start a trade and it should now be displaying the stats for any pokemon "shown" in a trade​

Step 1A) If you encounter any errors trying to enable hosted networks in the CMD prompt and you're sure you did it exactly as instructed, chances are good your wireless NIC does not support this feature. If you feel it worthwhile you can try to updated/reinstall your NIC driver encase it's just an error or out of date.

Hey I followed all of the instructions, but it still does not work for me.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102586847/pokecheck1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102586847/instructions.png

When I go to instacheck there is only one option "ethernet" still.

It was in portuguese but I found it.
The Startup was already Automatic and it had already Started.
I stopped it and changed it, then returned it to the settings you told me. However, the problem is still the same.
"(Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070425)"
Argh.
Arghx2
Can you open CMD and get me a screenshot of all the information displayed when you use the command: netsh wlan show drivers

Hey I followed all of the instructions, but it still does not work for me.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102586847/pokecheck1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102586847/instructions.png

When I go to instacheck there is only one option "ethernet" still.
Close Instacheck. Connect to your wirless network, right now you're connect through ethernet :) Open instacheck, and the wireless option should be in the shared connections. You're pretty close to getting it working!

Some people might be confused about this, it only works with computer Internet, not router, unless you have the wireless card so if you're running off a router you need a wireless card or whatever it's called, hope this clears up things

I can see my virtual connection on my connection settings I can find it on my ds but as soon as I press start hotspot I get the, the method or operations in not implemented I feel I have eveanything eles sorted

Have you tried going to Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Whichever wireless card you're using -> Advanced Settings -> Adhoc connections -> Enable? When I restart/sleep my miniport doesn't show up until I do that for some reason.
Ahh, I missed your post originally. My apologizes. I'm not seeing any sort of advanced settings.

I feel like I'm missing something super obvious.

Step 1A) If you encounter any errors trying to enable hosted networks in the CMD prompt and you're sure you did it exactly as instructed, chances are good your wireless NIC does not support this feature. If you feel it worthwhile you can try to updated/reinstall your NIC driver encase it's just an error or out of date.
Ahh, did my CMD screenshot seem to hint at that? I'm able to enable the hosted networks fine, but trying to start it(both in CMD and Instacheck) will not work. I'm not opposed to purchasing a USB wifi wireless adapter, if you know of one that should work. I just don't want to spend $20+ if it's something else not working as I have the wireless card already.

Close Instacheck. Connect to your wirless network, right now you're connect through ethernet :) Open instacheck, and the wireless option should be in the shared connections. You're pretty close to getting it working!
Okie I did that. Now on Instacheck hotspot shared connection "Wi-fi appears" since I'm connected to my PC through it. I can connect the 3ds to the hotspot, however the same options still appear on insta check:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102586847/instacheck.png So even though I can connect, the program doesn't work, because for some reason it's not detecting the pokechecker hotspot.

Ahh, I missed your post originally. My apologizes. I'm not seeing any sort of advanced settings.

feel like I'm missing something super obvious.

Ahh, did my CMD screenshot seem to hint at that? I'm able to enable the hosted networks fine, but trying to start it(both in CMD and Instacheck) will not work. I'm not opposed to purchasing a USB wifi wireless adapter, if you know of one that should work. I just don't want to spend $20+ if it's something else not working as I have the wireless card already.
Sorry I must have missed your screenshot, one moment.

Okie I did that. Now on Instacheck hotspot shared connection "Wi-fi appears" since I'm connected to my PC through it. I can connect the 3ds to the hotspot, however the same options still appear on insta check:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102586847/instacheck.png So even though I can connect, the program doesn't work, because for some reason it's not detecting the pokechecker hotspot.
That's really strange, especially since the 3DS is connecting.... I think you should try restarting the computer, that seems to help fix the weird hiccups like this :P

I hope you can help me friends:

Already tried everything and nothing solves this problem I'm having, I'm watching the forum early and I can not connect this program, already tried granting access to DOS as some posts have spoken, have also tried to change the network name, however nothing makes this error disappear, also followed what Sophie posted and nothing ... I hope you can help me .. sorry for the bad english, I used a bit of google translator, I'm Brazilian

One Picture for this Stupid error:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)