Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
So based on ready some of the post on this page it appears my strange bug no one else was having was stricly because of windows 7 starter which now in retrospect makes sense and why i didn't think of it before is beyond me

SO now since my laptop is out of the question I will need to get a wireless adapter for my desktop. I was looking at this mini adapter and was wondering if anyone knows if this would meet the requirements for using instacheck

http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity®-Mini-Wireless-Network-Adapter/dp/B00DJUU0KS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_1
I got my PC custom built, and my wifi can somehow send and receive networks. ( don't use an Ethernet cable ). I can't remember the brand of it though. To be honest, these sorts of things are expensive, and I don't see why you or anyone would spend money on something like this just for pokemon.

I got my PC custom built, and my wifi can somehow send and receive networks. ( don't use an Ethernet cable ). I can't remember the brand of it though. To be honest, these sorts of things are expensive, and I don't see why you or anyone would spend money on something like this just for pokemon.
Sorry I'm a bit confused? did i post the wrong link? since the wifi adapter i posted costs 9 dollars? I didn't think 9 dollars was alot to waste on pokemon?

Also just a note to clear up any possible confusion. I own a laptop and a desktop computer. However my desktop while it does have internet access does not have a wifi card inside the tower hence why I am looking into a cheap adapter

Does this solve your problem?
Go to C/D/Whichever drive you use->Windows-> SysWOW64-> Find and delete/rename "wpcap.dll" and "packet.dll"
Reinstall WinPCap
so my problem was I didn't fully install WinPCap...while installing WinPCap it claimed there was a version already installed but this installer could not unistall the other version and asked it I wanted to continue, I hit no thinking I already had installed it...guess I was mistaken, for after re-installing WinPCap it's working

can someone help me when i test connection connections it just stays on accesss point and could not connect error code 003-1101

if you have more than one connection does the 3ds ask you what internet connecting do you want to use? how does it work

if you have more than one connection does the 3ds ask you what internet connecting do you want to use? how does it work
This is quoted from somewhere else: Instacheck Hotspot uses your computer's wireless connection to create a wi-fi hotspot, which you must use to connect your 3DS to the internet. Your computer can then analyze all network traffic going to your 3DS, and find the data of all Pokémon shown or sent to you in a trade. Instacheck lets you view their details - even of unhatched eggs!

can someone help me when i test connection connections it just stays on accesss point and could not connect error code 003-1101
Looking at your previous post, I think it may be because you're trying to use your wireless card to both receive and transmit your connection when it may not be able to.

Can you please go into the control panel and make sure your physical wireless network has sharing enabled:
Hello there! I posted way earlier in this topic but nobody seemed to notice my post. I would REALLY appreciate the help. I'm trying really hard to get it working and it's frustrating that it's eluding me so well. I am only kind of okay at stuff like this, but detailed instructions would be amazing.

I have been having tons of problems (I have never successfully started Instacheck's hotspot, despite having network sharing marked as "yes" in my CMD window) but this one stands out to me because you said it was important. My Local Area Connection immediately turns off sharing when I start the Hotspot on Instacheck.
My pictures are below. This is what they mean:
1) The various connections I can choose to share. I chose to share Wireless Network Connection
2) The proof that my Local Area Connection does show the sharing condition
3) I "start hotspot" and the sharing on my network (Network 9) disappears
4) Instacheck gives me an error, that it cannot start.

Attachments

Hello there! I posted way earlier in this topic but nobody seemed to notice my post. I would REALLY appreciate the help. I'm trying really hard to get it working and it's frustrating that it's eluding me so well. I am only kind of okay at stuff like this, but detailed instructions would be amazing.

I have been having tons of problems (I have never successfully started Instacheck's hotspot, despite having network sharing marked as "yes" in my CMD window) but this one stands out to me because you said it was important. My Local Area Connection immediately turns off sharing when I start the Hotspot on Instacheck.
1) The various connections I can choose to share. I chose to share Wireless Network Connection
Every time you get those errors, you should be doing this step:

I'm fairly certain that you do not need to manually turn on sharing and that instacheck does it automatically.
edit: Just double checking, your wireless is turned on, yes?

I'm fairly certain that you do not need to manually turn on sharing and that instacheck does it automatically.
edit: Just double checking, your wireless is turned on, yes?
Yes, of course. What do you mean by turned on, though?
My hardware switch is on, but I am not connected to any wireless networks.
All of the networks pictured are "enabled".
Should I be connected to any wireless networks? I was told you needed to be connected via ethernet.

Yes, of course. What do you mean by turned on, though?
My hardware switch is on, but I am not connected to any wireless networks.
All of the networks pictured are "enabled".
Should I be connected to any wireless networks? I was told you needed to be connected via ethernet.
Naw, I meant the hardware switch/Fn + Fwhatever button to disable/enable wireless.
You're correct. It's best if you're not connected to any wireless networks.

Naw, I meant the hardware switch/Fn + Fwhatever button to disable/enable wireless.
You're correct. It's best if you're not connected to any wireless networks.
Any thoughts then? I'm sincerely stumped. I breed a lot and I love getting shinies for my friends as gifts, so this is something I really want to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)