Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone needs their Tsv or eggs checked, let me know. If you would like me to check your eggs it would be much easier through Skype if you have it. Skype: thedufeys

And as for the people who can't seem to get it to work, for me i never encountered any hiccups with the program. I just followed the instructions. Anyways, best of luck to everyone. :)
How can one get their Shiny ID Checked?

Window 7 starter
Sorry, I meant starter, not basic. So I'm not sure if it will work with your version of Windows
edit: taken from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/networking-in-windows-7-starter "Internet Connection Sharing. A computer running Windows 7 Starter can't use Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) to share its Internet connection with other computers on the network. With Windows 7 Starter, you must use a router to share an Internet connection among several computers. " I'm pretty sure this is an essential component to using instacheck, but we'd have to check with someone more tech savvy

thanks for trying to help sheeplet :D its my girlfriends laptop do you know if theres anyway of using my destop pc which is wired connection only and using my phone and the wireless adapter?

thanks for trying to help sheeplet :D its my girlfriends laptop do you know if theres anyway of using my destop pc which is wired connection only and using my phone and the wireless adapter?
I'm not too sure about that. I don't have much experience using phones, but I'm guessing no.

Does anyone know if the developers of instacheck will make a mac version?
"Note: Mac and Linux versions are in the works." From post 1 :P

I'm not too sure about that. I don't have much experience using phones, but I'm guessing no.

"Note: Mac and Linux versions are in the works." From post 1 :P
Ahahahaha. I suppose I should read all the details before asking questions. :P

So I've been trying to get Instachecker up and running but I've bumped into a few problems. Can someone here confirm that I'm doing it correctly?

I've checked to make sure that internet connection sharing is working, and I have checked on command prompt with the command netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow. No issues there.

1. Wireless Connection and LAN are up (wired and wireless) on my laptop.
2. I went to Instacheck Hotspot, selected 'Local Area Connection' and started the hotspot up.
3. Once prompted with the successful/hotspot has started message, I went to my 3DS to look for the hotspot.
4. Managed to find the hotspot, but I've yet to pass the connection test after probably 30+ tries.

Thanks a lot.

I just wanted to express my gratitude for this program, it's thanks to instacheck that my friend now has a shiny magician Fennekin, modest with 21/0/31/31/31/31 IVs.

I'm happy to hatch an egg for anybody if they happen to get an egg with my Shiny Value, it's 3468. I've been adding my contact details to various spreadsheets I've found online, I just wanna declare that I can be contacted through these forums too I guess.

Okay I found the problem. When it is blank, it's because WinPCap thinks it's installed, but it isnt. Here's how to install it.

1) Search for packet.dll on your computer

2) Delete it, requires admin power

3) If there is something using packet.dll, open Task Mangager, and Services tab, then stop the one that is using it

4) Run the WinPCap installer

5) ???

6) Profit!
This doesn't solve my problem for the only Packet.dll my PC finds is the one used by Instacheck

---EDIT---
looks like I didn't install WinPCap

Last edited:
So based on ready some of the post on this page it appears my strange bug no one else was having was stricly because of windows 7 starter which now in retrospect makes sense and why i didn't think of it before is beyond me

SO now since my laptop is out of the question I will need to get a wireless adapter for my desktop. I was looking at this mini adapter and was wondering if anyone knows if this would meet the requirements for using instacheck

http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity®-Mini-Wireless-Network-Adapter/dp/B00DJUU0KS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)