Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really strange, especially since the 3DS is connecting.... I think you should try restarting the computer, that seems to help fix the weird hiccups like this :P
Yeah I just restarted, but there's still no change in it. When you do "testing connection" on the 3ds main screen, it still cannot connect there either, but it can connect in the game.

Been a few hours and it seems I got buried with the shiny value requests, so let me try again. If anyone has any ideas or solutions, feel free to shoot them my way.

"I'm still looking for assistance in regards to the "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.” message I get in both cdm.exe and Instacheck. I am on Windows 7, 64 bit mode. I'm on a desktop, and I'm typically connected to the internet through my Ethernet cord. I acquired a wifi adapater card yesterday strictly for this purpose.

To date, I have tried:
~ "try this go to control panel,network and internet,network and sharing center,to the left it should say change adapter settings there should be a connection being yours then another connection most likely with a 2 disable that connection then enable that connection and it should work. depending on the situation it might not work for everyone.". I have done this both in the device manager and network and sharing center.
~ Various CDM.exe prompts, including: "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow", "netsh wlan start hostednetwork"(This is the one I get the ""The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.”"), "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=pokecheck key=pokecheck"
~ I've checked to verify that my wifi adapter card supports Hosted Network Support. It does.
~ Updated my drivers in the device manager. Windows says it's the latest version.
~ Google said to ensure "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked. It is.
~ "You need to turn on your WLAN service. To do this, simply: Windows 7 Go to Start, Search, and type in services.msc Go down to WLAN Auto Config, double click it to open Under Startup Type, select Automatic Under Service Status, Click the Start button"
~ Reset the desktop countless times
~ Disabled the anti-virus program which also doubles as my firewall.

Things I haven't tried:
~ "Make sure you have the latest drivers for Microsoft Virtual WIFI Miniport.
To check go to the start menu
then you right click on computer
click manage ---> Device Manager
Then network adapters. Make sure that the virtual miniport is updated and installed."
I don't see anything like that.

~Do you have your Microsoft Virtual wifi miniport enabled? Check your adapter settings in network and sharing center."
Don't see anything in my adapter settings about that. It's just displaying my Ethernet connection, and my wireless card which isn't connected to anything right now.

I have a guess it has something to do with the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport not showing up, but I haven't been able to find a solution for that. Anyone have any other suggestions I can try?"
The CMD screen states you do have the drivers required. I'm not sure why the bottom command gives you an error. I'm not sure why you were trying to set up the wlan in the CMD tho. The instacheck program should handle all that, you just need hostednetworks enabled.

After restarting the computer can you try just the one command in adminstator mode, then launch the instacheck hotspot and see if you get the same "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" error. :)

Yeah I just restarted, but there's still no change in it. When you do "testing connection" on the 3ds main screen, it still cannot connect there either, but it can connect in the game.
Do you have your home network set up on the 3DS as well? Pokemon is probably connecting to that.

Sorry, it's in portuguese D: (By the way, Sim is Yes and Não is no)
Ask me if you don't know what it means:
It looks like it's compatible with hosted networks. But what does "Definido pelo forenecedor" mean?

I can't get anything to show up on the drop-down bar... Am I doing something wrong? Or is my laptop just not compatible?
It's not looking very good lol it doesn't detect any available networks, not even your home wifi. Did you install exactly to my walkthrough? It's n the front page. Please try going through those steps and let me know if you get any weird errors along the way :) Specifically around steps # 3 and #5

I hope you can help me friends:

Already tried everything and nothing solves this problem I'm having, I'm watching the forum early and I can not connect this program, already tried granting access to DOS as some posts have spoken, have also tried to change the network name, however nothing makes this error disappear, also followed what Sophie posted and nothing ... I hope you can help me .. sorry for the bad english, I used a bit of google translator, I'm Brazilian

One Picture for this Stupid error:

Can you please try my walk through on page 1: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/instacheck-hotspot-a-fast-pokémon-checker-for-xy.3492531/

And let me know what happens, specifically on steps # 3 and # 5

The CMD screen states you do have the drivers required. I'm not sure why the bottom command gives you an error. I'm not sure why you were trying to set up the wlan in the CMD tho. The instacheck program should handle all that, you just need hostednetworks enabled.

After restarting the computer can you try just the one command in adminstator mode, then launch the instacheck hotspot and see if you get the same "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" error. :)
Yeah, no go still. Here's another cluster of a screenshot with as many things as opened that I think is related.

My anti-virus program is Webroot Secure. I tried disabling both the firewall it comes with, and the program itself. Still nothing. ((Still, you're awesome for trying to help me with this.)

edit: Let me start attaching them this way rather than hiding them.

Attachments

Last edited:
Holy *** it worked.

Okie so I disabled my ethernet connection and only kept my wireless one working, and that allowed the 3DS to connect.

However when you go to instacheck, the only two available options to select are the currently disabled connections. (Ethernet and Local Area)

It's not looking very good lol it doesn't detect any available networks, not even your home wifi. Did you install exactly to my walkthrough? It's n the front page. Please try going through those steps and let me know if you get any weird errors along the way :) Specifically around steps # 3 and #5
I've followed all the steps, but still nothing... All I get on the Shared Connection is this;
http://prntscr.com/253x2u

I'm from Brazil, and so is this laptop. lol

No I deleted all the other networks, because it said it could interfere with the Pokechecker one.
Alright, can you please send me a new screenshot of what your instachecker and ncpa.cpl looks like (step #5 on my guide) and the CMD command results for 'netsh wlan show drivers' That might help me figure out whats going wrong :)

Ok, so I've done Sophie's steps, 3DS doesn't connect to the internet, if I leave my Wi-Fi connection that I use, it connects, but it doesn't shows anything. I'm connecting through HTC Usb Modem (Smartphone).

I scanned all connections on the Instashack and none showed anything, so how do I connect 3DS to the internet deleting my main connection?

Alright, can you please send me a new screenshot of what your instachecker and ncpa.cpl looks like (step #5 on my guide) and the CMD command results for 'netsh wlan show drivers' That might help me figure out whats going wrong :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102586847/pokechecker4.png

Okie here is the current screenshot now. I found out that I had to disable my ethernet connection completely to get the 3DS connected to the internet via wifi, so that was successful. It now connects in the game and also on the 3DS; however, the Instacheck only gives me options of selecting the two areas that are currently disabled. I feel like I'm so close, yet so far T_____T I feel like if I re-enable the ethernet it'll break the connection >( Thanks so much for helping me. xD

Yeah, no go still. Here's another cluster of a screenshot with as many things as opened that I think is related.

My anti-virus program is Webroot Secure. I tried disabling both the firewall it comes with, and the program itself. Still nothing. ((Still, you're awesome for trying to help me with this.)
No worries :) I'm just hatchin' eggs and helping out haha

It looks like your issue is with the Virtual network, it hasn't even been created yet.

This is worth trying:
Okay I found the problem. When it is blank, it's because WinPCap thinks it's installed, but it isnt. Here's how to install it.

1) Search for packet.dll on your computer

2) Delete it, requires admin power

3) If there is something using packet.dll, open Task Mangager, and Services tab, then stop the one that is using it

4) Run the WinPCap installer

5) ???

6) Profit!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102586847/pokechecker4.pnge

Okie here is the current screenshot now. I found out that I had to disable my ethernet connection completely to get the 3DS connected to the internet via wifi, so that was successful. It now connects in the game and also on the 3DS; however, the Instacheck only gives me options of selecting the two areas that are currently disabled. I feel like I'm so close, yet so far T_____T I feel like if I re-enable the ethernet it'll break the connection >( Thanks so much for helping me. xD
You are sooo close. Just wondering if you're using Windows 8?

No worries :) I'm just hatchin' eggs and helping out haha

It looks like your issue is with the Virtual network, it hasn't even been created yet.

This is worth trying:

You are sooo close. Just wondering if you're using Windows 8?
Yeah windows 8 :) Oh and btw your guide is really well done. xD There's just some people out there like me that have issues like this T_T I really suck at windows 8 for some reason.

Just to say, I am happy to help check some eggs, I will be online tomorrow a lot as I am not working, so feel free to twitter me SPKuja, that way my phone will alert me that some one has tried to contact me!

Can someone help me check an egg? My FC is 3497 0270 1983! So add me if you would like to help! My game is japanese, so dont be alarmed if you see a jp pokemon in the trade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)