Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have the same problem as laarster "The method or operation is not implemented"
i managed to make the network appear, it says "Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter", and it is connected, but then when i try to start hotspot, it says the error and the connection detail changes from "Network 3" to "Identifying..."

Looks like it worked!

Can you please go into that adapater screen and disable your Local Area Connection. Then restart the computer. When the computer boots back up please do step #3 again then see if step #4 gives you the same error. I've seen a few people have issues starting the hotspot with a LAN on, and I had the same issue personally.

I know some Windows 8 users did get it working, so it's not impossible.
There are some discussions about it earlier in the thread I'm just looking for them :)

Okie so I've been experimenting more. I deleted my previous insta check, and reinstalled it. For some reason what it looks like was happening was it remembered that previously I was connected to the ethernet cord and had that enabled, so it was always trying to deal with that.

Well I reinstalled and now it detects the Pokecheck, and my wifi connection instead. So now if I can only get the 3ds connected to the internet, it would be able to scan my game, because I can select the hotspot from the pull down menu-- however the internet won't connect now.

Sorry everyone I have to run out and get food. I'll be back later :( If you find any resolutions to your issues please let us know!
Thank you so much your patience and assistance so far.

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for your card?
edit: I see that you are attempting this now.
I tried it, still nothing. Going to try it one more time though. I suppose it's not worth the hassle trying to remove and re-attach the card inside the computer, eh? I mean, I can connect to the my house's wireless just fine with it. I just can't get it to start hosting.

edit: Guess I'll try re-installing Instacheck afterwards.

Thank you so much your patience and assistance so far.

I tried it, still nothing. Going to try it one more time though. I suppose it's not worth the hassle trying to remove and re-attach the card inside the computer, eh? I mean, I can connect to the my house's wireless just fine with it. I just can't get it to start hosting.

edit: Guess I'll try re-installing Instacheck afterwards.
I wouldn't take it out. Are you restarting after uninstalling and after reinstalling?

I did not find a better place to ask this, but, anyone could go in a trade with me?
I need to check some IVs to breed.

Sorry about my English

3DS FC:
0018 1444 9054

The first time I tried this I was able to connect to the virtual network and everything, but I couldn't select a network to scan. I tried many of the solutions posted and now I can't even start a hotspot anymore. All I get when I try to open it is
An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040201).
I've sifted through so many pages of solutions and nothing has worked so I'm sorry if the solutions been posted already but is there a fix to this.

The first time I tried this I was able to connect to the virtual network and everything, but I couldn't select a network to scan. I tried many of the solutions posted and now I can't even start a hotspot anymore. All I get when I try to open it is
An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040201).
I've sifted through so many pages of solutions and nothing has worked so I'm sorry if the solutions been posted already but is there a fix to this.
Here's what worked for me.
On the adapter setting page -> properties of whichever connection you were using to share (probably your ethernet connection)-> sharing tab -> check the allow other network users to connect using this connection -> select a connection other than the instacheck one, so probably your wireless one. -> OK-> Undo whatever you just did -> try instacheck again

I wouldn't take it out. Are you restarting after uninstalling and after reinstalling?
I have tried it both ways (uninstalling, popping disk in, installing, and uninstalling, rebooting, running the disk). I re-installed virtual router and instacheck as well.

I have three possible ideas at the moment.

- Even upon uninstalling and rebooting, Windows immediately tries to grab the driver itself.(I have like three seconds to react, and I can't stop it in time) The latest attempt it failed. Despite failing, the disk insisted the drivers were still installed. ((Though the disk also wants me to not even have the card in the computer, and only insert it after I reset the computer.)) I suppose I'd have to unplug my Ethernet cable or something to stop Windows from immediately grabbing the driver upon booting up?

- As mentioned before, the card's instructions are very specific not to have it inserted (rather cables) before I first start up the disk. I'm not sure what that really does, but it seems like it would be a pain just to remove it, reboot, run program, insert it, restart computer, and let it grab the driver.(Windows ninja's the disk program grabbing the drivers)

- I am using a solid state drive that barely holds any space to keep my operating system on exclusively. It makes booting up my computer super fast. I pretty much run all programs on my D drive, and have reset folders (such as My Documents, My Pictures, ect. to actually be on that drive rather than the SSD.) Sometimes I run into issues with programs because it likes installing on the C drive without asking where to place the download. Instacheck and Virtual Router are all on the D drive, and I honestly have no idea if that possibly could be the cause. ((I apologize, I know virtually nothing on networking.)

Edith: Other things possibly worth mentioning:
- Anytime I try to enable anything on the "sharing tab", it automatically seems to go off. if I do that on the wireless card, I lose my ethernet connection until I remove it. If I set it on ethernet connection, it just disappears on its own. Nothing else pops up that allows me to chose where to share the connection.

- Unless I'm actually connected to the wireless on the wireless card, it doesn't show up in the instacheck options. It's always Local Area Connection otherwise.

- In my Local Area Connection settings, I do not have TCP/IPv6 checked, just TCP/IPv4. I THINK I did this for a specific reason for it, but I don't recall why. (Possibly because my router is WEP enabled so I can connect to the internet on the DS Lites?) The wireless card has both unchecked.

Last edited:
Here's what worked for me.
On the adapter setting page -> properties of whichever connection you were using to share (probably your ethernet connection)-> sharing tab -> check the allow other network users to connect using this connection -> select a connection other than the instacheck one, so probably your wireless one. -> OK-> Undo whatever you just did -> try instacheck again
Hot damn, worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch.

What did you do to get your Instacheck to detect networks?
It had always detected networks for me beforehand when I installed it. I had to keep reinstalling it after I enabled various networks to get it to detect. Like when I started off it only detected "Ethernet", so after I deleted that instacheck, I disabled ethernet, enabled my wireless, reinstalled Instacheck and it was able to see all the new connections.

I have tried it both ways (uninstalling, popping disk in, installing, and uninstalling, rebooting, running the disk). I re-installed virtual router and instacheck as well.

I have three possible ideas at the moment.

- Even upon uninstalling and rebooting, Windows immediately tries to grab the driver itself.(I have like three seconds to react, and I can't stop it in time) The latest attempt it failed. Despite failing, the disk insisted the drivers were still installed. ((Though the disk also wants me to not even have the card in the computer, and only insert it after I reset the computer.)) I suppose I'd have to unplug my Ethernet cable or something to stop Windows from immediately grabbing the driver upon booting up?

- As mentioned before, the card's instructions are very specific not to have it inserted (rather cables) before I first start up the disk. I'm not sure what that really does, but it seems like it would be a pain just to remove it, reboot, run program, insert it, restart computer, and let it grab the driver.(Windows ninja's the disk program grabbing the drivers)

- I am using a solid state drive that barely holds any space to keep my operating system on exclusively. It makes booting up my computer super fast. I pretty much run all programs on my D drive, and have reset folders (such as My Documents, My Pictures, ect. to actually be on that drive rather than the SSD.) Sometimes I run into issues with programs because it likes installing on the C drive without asking where to place the download. Instacheck and Virtual Router are all on the D drive, and I honestly have no idea if that possibly could be the cause. ((I apologize, I know virtually nothing on networking.)
I don't remember how but you can edit the registry so that installs automatically try to install on your other drive.
I know nothing either. I just google things but that's not showing anything you haven't already tried. bah.

Hot damn, worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch.
Yay!

Is there any way to get it work without a wireless card? I have a router and I can't get a card
No, it uses the wireless card to create a hotspot.

Hi guys, I got a problem with my 3ds and the connection key encryption I suppose.
Everything seems ok but when I search for access points my "Instacheck" connection has a grey lock that means that basically the access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS.
My password is the default one everybody used, so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong...
Cheerz!

It had always detected networks for me beforehand when I installed it. I had to keep reinstalling it after I enabled various networks to get it to detect. Like when I started off it only detected "Ethernet", so after I deleted that instacheck, I disabled ethernet, enabled my wireless, reinstalled Instacheck and it was able to see all the new connections.
No matter how many times I reinstall it, it doesn't detect anything. Not even "Ethernet"...

Awesome program, thank you very much for this.

Now that I have this, I want to get 5 eggs and then trade some random passerby to check them. But how to get rid of the eggs? You can't release eggs, apparently?

Say I get 5 eggs, check them, and don't want any of them. If I quit Pokemon and reload, will I get the same eggs again because of the egg pseudo-RNG abuse in this gen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)