Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried turning off my firewall, it didn't work :( And I swear it has to work with an ethernet cable! I'm sure not everyone here has one of those things cause I know a lot of us have laptops :p
Well, I know it does work without an ethernet cable, as plenty of people, myself included, have managed to do it. It's just, not everyone's card can do that.

I'm on a desktop
Does your desktop have a wireless card/adapter?

Well, I know it does work without an ethernet cable, as plenty of people, myself included, have managed to do it. It's just, not everyone's card can do that.

Doubt it. I mean it has the wireless router connected to it. Though would it be best to try it on the laptop?

I think my card would be able to do it. Is there any way you think I could get around to making it work? I'm so close! Does the connection test for the connection really matter if it connects to the internet and gives you an error message anyways?

Edit: Tried connecting on my game, and it worked? o_o So I'm going to check instacheck now to see if it works.

Trainer Shiny Value: 1233
3DS FC: 0619-3948-7384
Message me w/ your FC if you need something hatched! Always willing to help where I can!
KCCO

I get this message when trying to enabling sharing for the wireless connection:

An error occurred while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled.

Internet Connection Sharing cannot be enabled. A LAN connection is already configured with the IP address that is required for automatic IP addressing.

Okay, so I'm up to this point. I tried connecting to the internet through Pokecheck and it was getting internet connection but I continued to get an error. Then I tried connecting in-game and it worked. I have Pokecheck as connection 1 and my main internet as 2. I traded with someone and started scanning instacheck and it wouldn't show any data of the Pokemon. Help!

Okay, so I'm up to this point. I tried connecting to the internet through Pokecheck and it was getting internet connection but I continued to get an error. Then I tried connecting in-game and it worked. I have Pokecheck as connection 1 and my main internet as 2. I traded with someone and started scanning instacheck and it wouldn't show any data of the Pokemon. Help!
edit: nvm. Try deleting connection 2 and see if you can connect to the internet without it. If not, then you were connecting to connection 2 before, not the instacheck one.
When you're scanning in instacheck, are you scanning the virtual router connection?

Is your instacheck connection the only connection you have registered in your 3DS?
When you're scanning in instacheck, are you scanning the virtual router connection?
I have my own wireless connection as the 2nd connection, but I wasn't sure if the 3DS automatically connects to the next network if the first doesn't work. And yes, when I scan on Instacheck I choose the wireless 2 option

I have my own wireless connection as the 2nd connection, but I wasn't sure if the 3DS automatically connects to the next network if the first doesn't work. And yes, when I scan on Instacheck I choose the wireless 2 option
Sorry edited my other post and I'm not sure if you saw it
"edit: nvm. Try deleting connection 2 and see if you can connect to the internet without it. If not, then you were connecting to connection 2 (your main wifi) before, not the instacheck one."

Blank like this? View attachment 4496 That's solvable! Just run instacheck as administrator. Right mouse click it -> run as administator
Nah, the screenshot shows it. Compared to say this one.

Though, I think my husband's computer issue is I can't get the mini wifi adapter to become enabled. I updated the drivers for the virtual mini wifi adapter, and rebooted, but no go. I'm receiving the same error as my main computer with both cmd.exe and Instacheck

Attachments

Sorry edited my other post and I'm not sure if you saw it
"edit: nvm. Try deleting connection 2 and see if you can connect to the internet without it. If not, then you were connecting to connection 2 (your main wifi) before, not the instacheck one."
Agh you were right, it did connect to my 2nd connection instead. So I'm stuck again. At least I'm sort of getting somewhere! If anyone else has any advice, please PM me or quote me on here and help me out :heart:

Nah, the screenshot shows it. Compared to say this one.

Though, I think my husband's computer issue is I can't get the mini wifi adapter to become enabled. I updated the drivers for the virtual mini wifi adapter, and rebooted, but no go. I'm receiving the same error as my main computer with both cmd.exe and Instacheck
Noooooooooo. Argh.
edit: If you right mouse click it the miniport and try to enable it, what happens? Does the same thing happen if you try to enable it in device manager?
edit2: uncheck the sharing boxes on the miniport's sharing tab

Noooooooooo. Argh..
edit: If you right mouse click it the miniport and try to enable it, what happens? Does the same thing happen if you try to enable it in device manager?
edit2: uncheck the sharing boxes on the miniport's sharing tab
I unchecked it.

I've been doing it in the Network Adapter Area. ((I uninstalled his wireless adapter card previously to do a reinstall, and I couldn't get the mini port adapter to appear back until I did a system restore. So I've been hesitating disabling it.)) I did just try it, and it disabled and enabled like normal. However, I still get nothing trying to re-anble it. No errors unless I try to repair it, which is the picture attached.

Attachments

What seems to be the problem ? D:
My 3DS connection for instacheck will be connecting to the internet and get connection but then an error message comes up saying I need to change my IP/DNS. I had to manually type in an IP and Gateway address to get the internet connection on Instacheck working. I'm still getting error messages though afterwards :-( that's the problem lol

I unchecked it.

I've been doing it in the Network Adapter Area. ((I uninstalled his wireless adapter card previously to do a reinstall, and I couldn't get the mini port adapter to appear back until I did a system restore. So I've been hesitating disabling it.)) I did just try it, and it disabled and enabled like normal. However, I still get nothing trying to re-anble it. No errors unless I try to repair it, which is the picture attached.
Sorry, I'm slightly confused at the moment. Do your settings and connections look similar to this? working.png or is the miniport staying grey/disabled no matter what you do?
If they do look similar, what message is instacheck giving you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)