SM OU Into the woods you go again

Introduction

hello all this is my first time doing this ever please dont hurt me

Recently I was cast in Into the Woods. For those who don't know, this is a musical full of fairy tales that come together and kind of cause chaos. So I was sitting in rehearsal one day and I thought, what if I made a a fairy tail inspired team. Originally it was Diancie (the princess), Salamence (the dragon), Honchkrow (the witch), Slowking (the king), Doublade(the knight) and Suicune (the prince.) It wasn't supposed to be completely competitive, just for fun, but, as time went on, i realised that salamence and diancie are a wrecking ball. So I remade the team with more viable pokemon and different names and went to town.

Teambuilding Process

I started off with Diancie because i liked her design and also that she's an absolute monster with those base stats. The only problem was her double weakness to steel and weakness to grass/water/ground, and you know who resists those?

Salamence resists the checks i mentioned above, and once you get a dragon dance down, theres nothing really stopping you, except for ice and fairy, which diancie resists. Ice moves are brutal however which is why i have suicune, but we will come to that later. Next up is

Tapu lele! Lele is a very underrated mon compared to fini and koko, which basically everyone runs. I love scarf lele, its a very efficient revenge killer.

I LOVE CROCUNE dont even get me started. Suicune is SUPER underrated, especially with the crocune set which works wonders. It's basically the wall for my team, resisting the ice and water that hurts its other teammates.

I chose landorus as another wall and defogger/lead. Landorus is one of the best pokemon in ou and it can take a hit like no other.

i decided it would be best to have another pokemon that could resist ice, and to have a late game sweeper, something with priority for any situation where lele faints

The Team

THE PRINCESS

Vanna White (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Diancie's mega form is just a beast. I love it. I chose a mixed sweeper set and originally ran harden to strengthen diamond storm, but replaced it with hp fire to knock out steels like ferro and scizor. Diancies also resists Salamence's weaknesses, ice and fairy and is immune to dragon.

THE DRAGON

Pat Sajak (Salamence) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
salamence is also a beast, whenever a foe tries to use eq on Diancie i just switch this guy in and dragon dance. one dragon dance is enough to knock out most opposing pokemon though greninjas kind of a pain to deal with. still salamence is kind of underrated to me, compared to dragonite.

THE WITCH

Alex trebek (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
- Psychic
The designated revenge killer of the team. A timid nature and max speed with a scarf ensures that Trebek can get rid of greninja and psychic surge messes up his priority water shuriken. In fact i forgot to put in leles EVs until now, and yet lele still did really well against opponents.

THE PRINCE

PM_ME_NOSE_PICS (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
i love CroCune beyond words, it still works wonders today. Only problem is toxapex walls it, even with 4x SpA, so you need to eliminate toxapex before sending out suicune and letting him rampage. thankfully i have lele running thunderbolt for that.

THE GIANT

Bob Barker (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Defog
200 SpD EVS lets Landorus survive an hp ice from Tapu Koko and hit back with earthquake. Max hp lets him be disgustingly bulky and the rest in defense + rocky helmet lets physical moves be a pain for the other team to use. Defog ensures theres no hazards, and u-turn lets lando pivot into one of the sweepers and toxic is just nice to have, though i didnt fully know what to do with the last slot.

THE KNIGHT

prince thot (Bisharp) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Swords dance
I chose Bisharp because sucker punch + dread plate is so good when you need to get rid of a few remaining foes. I wasnt sure what to put in the last slot, so i put power up punch because i liked the attack increase, though i need to take a look into his move pool again.

Conclusion

Diancie + salamence is a pretty good base for a team, though i need to know checks that this team faces. So far skarm is kind of a pain, but id like to know how this team works out for others. theres some replays of the team below, ye ik i made bad decisions but ENJOY

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-697750093

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-697753198

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7ou-697780192

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-697785029

Hasty Nature
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Alex trebek (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
- Thunderbolt
- Focus blast
- Moonblast
- Psychic

PM_ME_NOSE_PICS (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Bob Barker (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 148 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Defog

prince thot (Bisharp) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Swords dance

Last edited:
My concern is that you do not have anything for stall. Stall will tear this team apart. Consider Swords Dance on Bisharp for this purpose... but even then, Quagsire won't care.

I recommend giving Lele focus blast over energy ball so it can hit ferrothorn.

I know you love Suicune, but I don't feel it can compete well in the OU meta. I'd use ferrothorn because it can act as a wall, and can resist the ice and water types you mentioned.:)

My concern is that you do not have anything for stall. Stall will tear this team apart. Consider Swords Dance on Bisharp for this purpose... but even then, Quagsire won't care.
Ill try that out, hopefully ill find a way to take care of stallers..
I recommend giving Lele focus blast over energy ball so it can hit ferrothorn.

I know you love Suicune, but I don't feel it can compete well in the OU meta. I'd use ferrothorn because it can act as a wall, and can resist the ice and water types you mentioned.:)
Suicune actually did really well especially for it being ou, people forfeited quite a few times but ill try out ferro to test out its synergy with the rest of this team, since ferros tried and true :)

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey posthomemalone sorry this rate is coming almost 2 weeks after posting the team, but your team looks really cool and I wanted to make sure it got a proper rate. First off tho congrats on getting cast in your schools musical, sadly tho I have no experience with the musical so I may make some changes that make nicknaming a bit more difficult. I will point out like the posters above that Stall seems pretty annoying, and even just making Bisharp SD wont be enough to handle Quagsire stall teams, so we'll look to mend that. Also while I like Suicune it combined with SpDef Lando doesn't make a defensive core I'd be overly comfortable using, so I'll give you an alternative option for that as well. I'll also round out a few things to keep the team functioning even with the changes.

Side note: Salamence is predominately outclassed by threats like Zygarde or even Zard-x which leaves a team using it prone to having a few holes. I wont change the mence as I assume you built around that and Diancie, just something to consider moving forward with the team.

First change I want to make is Specs > Scarf on Tapu Lele. Specs Tapu Lele gives you a prominent breaker that lets the team get a much more solid matchup vs fatter teams. The set on this I'd recommend is Psychic, Psyshock, Moonblast, and Hidden Power Fire. The reason for both Psychic and Psyshock is mainly Chansey. Also gives you the option to abuse the terrain as much as possible which is always nice.

Secondly I want to make Landorus-T a standard defensive set with Stealth Rock. The team at this point doesn't have rocks, which are essential in OU. also Lando-t just works better as a physically defensive wall switching in to threats like Zygarde rather than trying to take an HP Ice from Koko and underacheiving as a mixed more specially oriented wall.

>
The first mon change I'd like to make is Toxapex > Suicune. SpDef Toxapex forms a solid defensive core with Landorus-T, provides some relief vs Volcarona for the team, and gives you some Tspike support which aids the team greatly. Overall this comes down to Toxapex providing more utility and checking a larger portion of the tier, while filling the role of a bulky water. In the importable I'm using leftovers since you have Diancie to also help vs Volcarona, but feel free to switch to Payapa berry to help vs Z-Psychic sets if they become an issue.

>
Final change I had was Magnezone > Bisharp. I was thinking about a scarf set here. Magnezone provides the team with a scarfer (as Lele switched to Specs earlier), gives you a way to trap bulky steels to help aid a Salamence sweep, a solid revenge killing option vs Kartana, and gives you another electric resist to aid vs mons like koko. While Magnezone helps vs Koko trying something like Yache berry on Landorus in conjunction with Magnezone could really solidify that, just something to consider that this change opens up.

In conclusion this was a really cool team, and I hope my changes help. Also I know I removed Defog from the team, but between you being able to force the opponent to defog thanks to your own Rocks and Tspikes + Magic Bounce from M-Diancie I feel like the hazard war wont be to tough for you. Aside from that last little tid bit, I think that's all I have on the team. If you have any questions or concerns with the team let me know! Gl with this, seems like a really fun concept and team n_n

Hasty Nature
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Hey posthomemalone sorry this rate is coming almost 2 weeks after posting the team, but your team looks really cool and I wanted to make sure it got a proper rate. First off tho congrats on getting cast in your schools musical, sadly tho I have no experience with the musical so I may make some changes that make nicknaming a bit more difficult. I will point out like the posters above that Stall seems pretty annoying, and even just making Bisharp SD wont be enough to handle Quagsire stall teams, so we'll look to mend that. Also while I like Suicune it combined with SpDef Lando doesn't make a defensive core I'd be overly comfortable using, so I'll give you an alternative option for that as well. I'll also round out a few things to keep the team functioning even with the changes.

Side note: Salamence is predominately outclassed by threats like Zygarde or even Zard-x which leaves a team using it prone to having a few holes. I wont change the mence as I assume you built around that and Diancie, just something to consider moving forward with the team.

First change I want to make is Specs > Scarf on Tapu Lele. Specs Tapu Lele gives you a prominent breaker that lets the team get a much more solid matchup vs fatter teams. The set on this I'd recommend is Psychic, Psyshock, Moonblast, and Hidden Power Fire. The reason for both Psychic and Psyshock is mainly Chansey. Also gives you the option to abuse the terrain as much as possible which is always nice.

Secondly I want to make Landorus-T a standard defensive set with Stealth Rock. The team at this point doesn't have rocks, which are essential in OU. also Lando-t just works better as a physically defensive wall switching in to threats like Zygarde rather than trying to take an HP Ice from Koko and underacheiving as a mixed more specially oriented wall.

>
The first mon change I'd like to make is Toxapex > Suicune. SpDef Toxapex forms a solid defensive core with Landorus-T, provides some relief vs Volcarona for the team, and gives you some Tspike support which aids the team greatly. Overall this comes down to Toxapex providing more utility and checking a larger portion of the tier, while filling the role of a bulky water. In the importable I'm using leftovers since you have Diancie to also help vs Volcarona, but feel free to switch to Payapa berry to help vs Z-Psychic sets if they become an issue.

>
Final change I had was Magnezone > Bisharp. I was thinking about a scarf set here. Magnezone provides the team with a scarfer (as Lele switched to Specs earlier), gives you a way to trap bulky steels to help aid a Salamence sweep, a solid revenge killing option vs Kartana, and gives you another electric resist to aid vs mons like koko. While Magnezone helps vs Koko trying something like Yache berry on Landorus in conjunction with Magnezone could really solidify that, just something to consider that this change opens up.

In conclusion this was a really cool team, and I hope my changes help. Also I know I removed Defog from the team, but between you being able to force the opponent to defog thanks to your own Rocks and Tspikes + Magic Bounce from M-Diancie I feel like the hazard war wont be to tough for you. Aside from that last little tid bit, I think that's all I have on the team. If you have any questions or concerns with the team let me know! Gl with this, seems like a really fun concept and team n_n

Hasty Nature
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
God you are AWESOME thank you so much! I was actually thinking of replacing bisharp since he was super out of place tbh but magnezone seems like an excellent fit. Idk if this is how it works but ill replace the original team in my post with this one and give u credit. thank u so much!!

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
God you are AWESOME thank you so much! I was actually thinking of replacing bisharp since he was super out of place tbh but magnezone seems like an excellent fit. Idk if this is how it works but ill replace the original team in my post with this one and give u credit. thank u so much!!
Glad I could help. Usually people leave their first version in the op, and then others who continue rating can rate the orignial again (since it's the most direct link to you) or they can asknowledge another rate and comment on it (something I'm prone to doing). I mostly like leaving the original since it really shows the hardwork that went into building the original. However, if you want to edit the OP feel free, I'd be honored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)