General Introduce yourself!

Hello! I've been a random battler in PS! since last year, but I just joined in today since I'd like to improve my pokemon battling skills in other areas. I found my love to competitive battling when I tried my relative's Y Wi-Fi battles on 3DS (which is now mines). Looking forward to meet you guys online or on Wi-Fi!

Hello! I've been a random battler in PS! since last year, but I just joined in today since I'd like to improve my pokemon battling skills in other areas. I found my love to competitive battling when I tried my relative's Y Wi-Fi battles on 3DS (which is now mines). Looking forward to meet you guys online or on Wi-Fi!
Hi! If you have any queries you can PM/VM me and I'll tell you the person to go to ^.^ you can check out the Mentor Profiles or Battling 101 as a start, though.

Hi I'm NixHex. I've been on smogon for 5 years now I've dabbled around quite a bit in different areas of the site. I started with writing articles and grammar checking and suddenly found myself with a badge. From there I went onto mod gen 5 OU and eventually C&C, the heart of the content of Smogon that we all hold so dear. Nowadays I'm a mod on showdown. Look at the lobby or help user list and if you see me, send me a message; I'd love to talk with you! Also I'm 28 so I'm quite a bit older than the majority of active users (besides Haunter he's like 40 or something). It kinda freaks me out to think that I'm almost twice the age of a certain active tier leader. Right now I serve at my church playing bass guitar ... I'm playing tomorrow 11/23 at 8, 9:45, and 11:30 pacific standard time and you can watch the live stream of any of the services at http://calvaryccv.org/webcast and see me in the shadows =)JK guest artist!

To the new (and hopefully interested!) user: do you want to help build our strategy dex? Head over to Contributions & Corrections and help out.
Also galbia nice avatar!

Hi everyone,
NixHex, it's good to see I'm not the only old guy on here! I'm 26, all-new to Smogon. I started playing with Gen I and II, then quit playing for about 10 years, then after college my friend FUNGALSHAMBLER got me back into it again with Platinum. I never knew the game could be so complex and competitive back then, and I'm looking to get into competitive battling. I've been building my OU team for Gen VI.

A little about me outside of pokemon...
I'm a grad student, I love video game soundtracks and I like to write my own music in my free time (none of it is public yet). Other favorite video game series include Fire Emblem, Smash Bros., Metroid.

Hi everyone,
NixHex, it's good to see I'm not the only old guy on here! I'm 26, all-new to Smogon. I started playing with Gen I and II, then quit playing for about 10 years, then after college my friend FUNGALSHAMBLER got me back into it again with Platinum. I never knew the game could be so complex and competitive back then, and I'm looking to get into competitive battling. I've been building my OU team for Gen VI.

I'm a grad student, I love video game soundtracks and I like to write my own music in my free time (none of it is public yet). Other favorite video game series include Fire Emblem, Smash Bros., Metroid.
It's interesting to think that even when people become old they remember Pokemon hahaha. Anyway, if you have any question regarding these forums, feel free to ask myself or any other Mentor :)

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi everyone,

Welcome! I got my master's in EE in June. What are you majoring in? Do you work in your field?

Hello everyone! My name is Matt, MattyJ40k by online handle. I got into Pokemon about a year an a half ago when my son got his 3DS XL for his birthday, along with Pokemon Y. Looking over his shoulder, the game looked actually pretty fun. I got my own 3DS and a copy of Pokemon, and so did my wife even! Pokemon is a family activity now, and it's so great! :)

Recently, I've just completed Omega Ruby. I'm wanting to get into competitive battling, but I'm not sure how to raise worthy Pokemon. That's what I'm here to learn about. Also different tactics.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello everyone! My name is Matt, MattyJ40k by online handle. I got into Pokemon about a year an a half ago when my son got his 3DS XL for his birthday, along with Pokemon Y. Looking over his shoulder, the game looked actually pretty fun. I got my own 3DS and a copy of Pokemon, and so did my wife even! Pokemon is a family activity now, and it's so great! :)

Recently, I've just completed Omega Ruby. I'm wanting to get into competitive battling, but I'm not sure how to raise worthy Pokemon. That's what I'm here to learn about. Also different tactics.
Hi MattyJ40K!
Welcome to Smogon! Yeah, I also got a 3DS XL plus Y about a year and a half ago. For a start to competitive, go here for the basics and for some information about the different tiers. If you want some one on one help improving your skills, PM a mentor. If you have any other questions, consult the Help form. You don't have to have anything ingame to battle in Showdown, but if you want to discuss ingame, visit the "Wi-Fi" subforum. Have a good time, and good luck!

Also, please give us your feedback here. We want to know what you think!

Hi MattyJ40K!
Welcome to Smogon! Yeah, I also got a 3DS XL plus Y about a year and a half ago. For a start to competitive, go here for the basics and for some information about the different tiers. If you want some one on one help improving your skills, PM a mentor. If you have any other questions, consult the Help form. You don't have to have anything ingame to battle in Showdown, but if you want to discuss ingame, visit the "Wi-Fi" subforum. Have a good time, and good luck!

Also, please give us your feedback here. We want to know what you think!

Hey! Thanks for the feedback! :)

Welcome! I got my master's in EE in June. What are you majoring in? Do you work in your field?
I have BS in ChemE, working towards master's in bioinformatics. I've only gotten jobs as lab techs so far, so I'm looking to start PhD this Fall. Are you working in your field yet?

Malley

Dominachu
Sup guys, I'm Malley. Fair warning: I will probably sound like I'm constantly either angry or depressed, but in reality I just have an aversion to exclamation marks and smiley faces.

Been playing competitively for about a year, I guess, but never got involved in the community past the odd RMT. I'm a 21-year-old British guy, but I study in Albuquerque, NM - my degree is in classics (Latin and Ancient Greek), but basically no one here knows what that is so feel free to ignore it. I write - fiction and shit - which is probably more relevant to general conversation.

I've got the most experience in XY LC and ORAS Ubers - top 50 on the ladder in both - but I've never been able to push on to #1 because I get far too pissed off when I lose. It'd be cool to find people to talk to about those tiers, but to be honest I'm open to anything, and top banter is the top priority.

Looking forward to meeting you lot.
Peace out.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have BS in ChemE, working towards master's in bioinformatics. I've only gotten jobs as lab techs so far, so I'm looking to start PhD this Fall. Are you working in your field yet?
Nope, but am teaching undergrad labs in Engineering Technology. Bio informatics.... try sending user ΩDonut a PM, he might be able to offer you some insight into that field. Good luck I'm school.

Sup guys, I'm Malley. Fair warning: I will probably sound like I'm constantly either angry or depressed, but in reality I just have an aversion to exclamation marks and smiley faces.

Been playing competitively for about a year, I guess, but never got involved in the community past the odd RMT. I'm a 21-year-old British guy, but I study in Albuquerque, NM - my degree is in classics (Latin and Ancient Greek), but basically no one here knows what that is so feel free to ignore it. I write - fiction and shit - which is probably more relevant to general conversation.

I've got the most experience in XY LC and ORAS Ubers - top 50 on the ladder in both - but I've never been able to push on to #1 because I get far too pissed off when I lose. It'd be cool to find people to talk to about those tiers, but to be honest I'm open to anything, and top banter is the top priority.

Looking forward to meeting you lot.
Peace out.
Hi, welcome to smogon! Yeah you don't see that many people with a classics degree :o that's pretty cool! If you want help with any of the tiers or have any questions in general, feel free to contact our mentors for help. You can also sign up for Battling 101 (signups begin at 5:00 PM EDT or 4:00 PM EST on 26th Jan). Have fun!

Malley

Dominachu
Hi, welcome to smogon! Yeah you don't see that many people with a classics degree :o that's pretty cool! If you want help with any of the tiers or have any questions in general, feel free to contact our mentors for help. You can also sign up for Battling 101 (signups begin at 5:00 PM EDT or 4:00 PM EST on 26th Jan). Have fun!
Hey man,
Thanks for seeing me in. I definitely want to give Battling 101 a go, and can I just contact a mentor whenever?
Happy to be here.

Hey man,
Thanks for seeing me in. I definitely want to give Battling 101 a go, and can I just contact a mentor whenever?
Happy to be here.
Yeah, a mentor can be contacted whenever needed. You can look up "mentor profiles smogon" and the list of mentors will come up :)

Hello there, Smogon Community!

I´m sorry for introducing myself so late after making this account, actually I haven´t used it much so far, but I guess I will start with that now ^^
concerning my name, it´s a wordplay, I leave it to you to find out who it refers to :P and it has a nice abbreviation: WtF :D
I started with competitive battling in Generation IV, a friend of mine introduced me to EVs, IVs and stuff and eventually I had an empathy that brought my affection for Pokémon to a whole new level! I´m using Showdown primarily to try out things I want to use in the real game, but I enjoy the random battle section :) Looking foward to discussing things with you guys

WtF over and out

PS: I´m thinking of starting with the Doubles-Metagame soon, I´m more or less a veteran to OU and 3v3 but I need some fresh air now^^ Anybody who can help me out with it a little? :)

Last edited:

I´m sorry for introducing myself so late after making this account, actually I haven´t used it much so far, but I guess I will start with that now ^^
concerning my name, it´s a wordplay, I leave it to you to find out who it refers to :P and it has a nice abbreviation: WtF :D
I started with competitive battling in Generation IV, a friend of mine introduced me to EVs, IVs and stuff and eventually I had an empathy that brought my affection for Pokémon to a whole new level! I´m using Showdown primarily to try out things I want to use in the real game, but I enjoy the random battle section :) Looking foward to discussing things with you guys

WtF over and out

PS: I´m thinking of starting with the Doubles-Metagame soon, I´m more or less a veteran to OU and 3v3 but I need some fresh air now^^ Anybody who can help me out with it a little? :)
Hey there! If you're looking for a Doubles mentor, check out xzern, he's pretty cool! :]. Welcome to Smogon!

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head

WtF over and out

hey William, and welcome to Smogon! It's cool that you've been with Pokemon since Gen IV - that was a really decent, balanced metagame. I don't feel the same about the current meta, but maybe you'll feel differently. There's a couple OU mentors, such as Aragorn the King or TheEnder, but keep your eyes open and check out the profiles page or even fill out the help form! It'll be a much quicker way of finding a good mentor for what you're interested in.

Last edited:
Hi Smogon. I've been here for a while (I think I might have one of the oldest active accounts) but I guess I don't post much. I've been playing competitive Pokemon since the days of Netbattle and IRC bots, but I think it might be time to step up my game so I can participate in VGC. Nice chatting with you all.

Hi Smogon. I've been here for a while (I think I might have one of the oldest active accounts) but I guess I don't post much. I've been playing competitive Pokemon since the days of Netbattle and IRC bots, but I think it might be time to step up my game so I can participate in VGC. Nice chatting with you all.
Hiya! I see you've been here awhile, nice to see an old face back around :].

Malley

Dominachu
hey William, and welcome to Smogon! It's cool that you've been with Pokemon since Gen IV - that was a really decent, balanced metagame. I don't feel the same about the current meta, but maybe you'll feel differently. There's a couple OU mentors, such as Aragorn the King or Ender, but keep your eyes open and check out the profiles page or even fill out the help form! It'll be a much quicker way of finding a good mentor for what you're interested in.
Not even slightly related to your post, but I was just wondering what 'ut fumo et mori' means. Latin major.

hey William, and welcome to Smogon! It's cool that you've been with Pokemon since Gen IV - that was a really decent, balanced metagame. I don't feel the same about the current meta, but maybe you'll feel differently. There's a couple OU mentors, such as Aragorn the King or Ender, but keep your eyes open and check out the profiles page or even fill out the help form! It'll be a much quicker way of finding a good mentor for what you're interested in.
IV had a nice Metagame, yeah, but OU was all about Speedstat "be faster and sweep shit!" That´s at least what I remember :P I like the Gen VI Metagame so far, but honestly I didn´t get much experience on how all the new oRaS Megas work in OU until now, but I´m basically satisfied with the current Meta :)

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Not even slightly related to your post, but I was just wondering what 'ut fumo et mori' means. Latin major.
roughly means "smoke to die" :p
IV had a nice Metagame, yeah, but OU was all about Speedstat "be faster and sweep shit!" That´s at least what I remember :P I like the Gen VI Metagame so far, but honestly I didn´t get much experience on how all the new oRaS Megas work in OU until now, but I´m basically satisfied with the current Meta :)
yeah, especially until Mence was banned... but we haven't even moved past that, OU is such a power creep now, haha. good luck with the current metagame, man!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)