General Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone! my name is ShendelzareMC :D, i oftenly play minecraft too lol, one of my mc friend (RedParadoy) introducd this game to me

my favourite pokemon is Beedrill... you know, mega beedrill > Swords dance > poison jab / u turn > Sweep git gud 360 noscoped XDdxd, my best winstreak is 9 ws :)
here's my 1 n only team (i'm still newbie at this, pls dont judge lol XD)

Hacked Butterfree (Beedrill-Mega) (F) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Toxic Spikes

Trevenom (Trevenant) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Sunny Day
- Destiny Bond
- Solar Beam
- Poison Jab

Mega Charizard 21 (Salamence) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Tailwind
- Defog

Never used bird (Swellow) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Roost
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Eggy Surfer (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough

Papa Zola (Snorlax) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Brick Break
- Belly Drum
- Return

Anyway, i love the emerald original pokemon series :D
and nice to meet you!

I don't wanna be that guy, but you might have confused Swampert with Poseidon. Swampert's cool though.
Lol, I know what I said. I had him on a mixed field wipe set in gen 3 with STAB Surf and Earthquake. It was GLORIOUS. Made me sad when they made Surf hit your buddy in Gen 4, but I got over it with Water Absorb Mantine.

Hi everyone! my name is ShendelzareMC :D, i oftenly play minecraft too lol, one of my mc friend (RedParadoy) introducd this game to me

my favourite pokemon is Beedrill... you know, mega beedrill > Swords dance > poison jab / u turn > Sweep git gud 360 noscoped XDdxd, my best winstreak is 9 ws :)

and nice to meet you!
YES, Gen 3 respect! :D And Mega-Bee is a certified BEAST, imho. Would personally recommend trading SD for Protect, since Bee's a bit too much of a glass cannon to start setting up on, but hey. If it works, it works.

If you wanna see what your bigger threats are, as far as counter-offensives and walls, I'd suggest this. Or, like Fluke said earlier, try out the RMT forums. Helped me clean up my team fairly well for UU, even though there's still those few matches that lock me down in 2 moves. ><

See ya in PS!

and nice to meet you!
Hi there! Welcome to Smogon!

Mega-Beedrill is certainly a good pokemon in the meta, his U-Turns are so strong that the next teammate will have an easy way then! If you want help with your team, send a PM to me and i will be glad to help!

Im also a gen 3 guy, my favourite games are the FR/LG and the ORAS games ( miss my Blastoise..), and my favourite mon is also a bug, is Volcarona! ( Fire Blast for everyone!)

Hope you have a great time here!

Hello everyone! My name is Manuel, i'm 25 year old and i'm a computer engineer. I rejoined the Pokemon brand just some months ago with X/Y and i discovered the competitive gaming when i started losing in the battle maison like a noob XD
I'm because i want to know more about it :)

Hello everyone! My name is Manuel, i'm 25 year old and i'm a computer engineer. I rejoined the Pokemon brand just some months ago with X/Y and i discovered the competitive gaming when i started losing in the battle maison like a noob XD
I'm because i want to know more about it :)
Hi there! Welcome to Smogon!

I also started pretty bad at competitive, i got owned twice at Battle Spot first time and started researching from there!

If you want to learn more about competitive battling, you can join the Battling 101 program, or if you dont have time for it, send a PM to me!

Hope you have a great time here!

Hi! I'm a 22 year old Biology major from South Korea. I've been lurking in these forums since Pokemon BW, but I hesitated on making an account because of my English (and all those warnings about how people should lurk more.) Anyway, the content on Smogon, from the dex to team showcases to the Smog has always given me an edge over my other friends in pokemon battles, and I wanted to create an account just to say thank you to all the people who have made it happen.

Breloom is my favorite pokemon! Been spitting seeds on friends since 2011.

Hi! I'm a 22 year old Biology major from South Korea. I've been lurking in these forums since Pokemon BW, but I hesitated on making an account because of my English (and all those warnings about how people should lurk more.) Anyway, the content on Smogon, from the dex to team showcases to the Smog has always given me an edge over my other friends in pokemon battles, and I wanted to create an account just to say thank you to all the people who have made it happen.

Hey what's up minomnom, weclome to Smogon! Glad to see some more players from around the whole wold gathering here. Your English seems more than fine, so don't worry about that. Are there any other reasons you joined Smogon? I'm telling you, there's a lot to do here. Well I guess I don't have to show you around since you've been lurking already. Make sure to have fun around here :)

Is nice to see people from all the world!

Breloom is a really cool pokemon! especially when you 2HKO or OHKO things with Bullet Seed, or say good night to them with Spore.

Theres not too much to say, because Fluke told you everything already.

Welcome and hope to see you around!

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Welcome! Don't worry your English is absolutely fine as mentioned. :) It's just if people say things without the proper knowledge to back it up then you'll get in trouble, but as for English... that's definitely not a concern. We have people from all over (and people who even use Google Translate) so you're all good as long as you know your stuff. :) But no problem, everyone here works hard to try and make it great for everyone. I really hope you have fun around here though, don't forget to keep posting through (and then fade away). Enjoy yourself! Check out the threads here if you wanna know the basics of this community.

hi everyone o/ the name is Darnell

I've been on Smogon for quite a while now but originally made my account only to use the Wi-Fi battle finder for my YouTube channel. I eventually started using Pokemon Showdown and gathered knowledge of Smogon and its community with the help of Redew. Thanks for your time n_n

Feel free to PM/VM new users and I'll be happy to help!

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to Smogon and can't wait to start. My favorite Pokèmon is Gyarados and my favorite Pokèmon type is water! I'm a huge noob when it comes to battling I don't know his to properly battle with correct move combos or what Pokemon to put on what team. Also, I have been playing since about 4th gen and my first ever Pokèmon was Piplup. What was yours?

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to Smogon and can't wait to start. My favorite Pokèmon is Gyarados and my favorite Pokèmon type is water! I'm a huge noob when it comes to battling I don't know his to properly battle with correct move combos or what Pokemon to put on what team. Also, I have been playing since about 4th gen and my first ever Pokèmon was Piplup. What was yours?
Hello Silver614 and welcome to Smogon! Gyarados is an amazing Pokemon and water is a really good type. My first 4th gen Pokemon was Turtwig. I have a question for you. What is your favorite metagame or have you not figured that out yet? Mine is VGC but other people have different opinions. If you need any help, you can always go to the Simple Questions Thread or you can PM me, Fluke, Chesty, InfernapeTropius11, QueBien, Erai14, or Dr Ciel!

Hi there! Welcome!

We all have to start somewhere, and i used to be bad at first time, if you want to learn more about competitive, you can join the battling 101 program or send a PM to me or to TheHoodedGamer, Fluke, QueBien, Dr Ciel, Chesty and will help you!

I have been playing since Gen 3 and my first pokemon ever was Squirtle( yay water type!)

I also love water type pokemon, some are: Milotic, Gyarados and Starmie!

Hope to see you around!

Hey, everyone! Another Smogon newbi here who wants to introduce himself to the community. I've been an on-off fan of Pokémon for years now, and have dabbled in most of the games from Gens I-V. I never played competitively though, and this is something I'm currently seeking to rectify.

Playing competitive card games is one of my main hobbies, with the current game of choice being Warhammer 40,000: Conquest. After searching for another game to play competitively for some time, I decided to re-visit the Pokémon franchise to scratch that itch. I've been lurking on these forums as a guest for about a week now, and after some research I think Smogon UU is going to be my meta of choice. It's going to be a long road as I still have to play through the stories of Y, and OR, before I can even begin the extensive breeding process. I am rather looking forward to it though.

If I had to choose just one Pokémon as a favourite then it would have to be Arcanine. I remember being rather enamoured with it back in the Gen I days. My favourite games are the VI generation instalments due to all the subtle improvements to gameplay.

Hey, everyone! Another Smogon newbi here who wants to introduce himself to the community. I've been an on-off fan of Pokémon for years now, and have dabbled in most of the games from Gens I-V. I never played competitively though, and this is something I'm currently seeking to rectify.

Playing competitive card games is one of my main hobbies, with the current game of choice being Warhammer 40,000: Conquest. After searching for another game to play competitively for some time, I decided to re-visit the Pokémon franchise to scratch that itch. I've been lurking on these forums as a guest for about a week now, and after some research I think Smogon UU is going to be my meta of choice. It's going to be a long road as I still have to play through the stories of Y, and OR, before I can even begin the extensive breeding process. I am rather looking forward to it though.

If I had to choose just one Pokémon as a favourite then it would have to be Arcanine. I remember being rather enamoured with it back in the Gen I days. My favourite games are the VI generation instalments due to all the subtle improvements to gameplay.
Hey there! Welcome to Smogon!

You said you lurked around the forums already, so you must know the UU forum and all most of the stuff about competitive already, but, if you have a question, send a PM to me or to TheHoodedGamer, Fluke, QueBien, Dr Ciel , Chesty and we will help you.

Arcanine is cool pokemon, but i never used it properly, so all i can tell is that is used as a Physical Wall, and is a UU mon, so you can make it shine there!

Hope to see you around the forums!

*coughs* Hello! I'm skrewUps, a lurker that decided to formally join Smogon!

Of course, I'm a fan of Pokemon. I have a 3DS, and all Gen VI Pokemon games. I want to start learning how to battle competitively. My favourite Pokemon is (Shiny) Chandelure. I mostly like its typing of Ghost and Fire :D . But, seeing my inner noob in competitive battles, maybe I need to decide on another Pokemon.

I hope to be a resourceful member of Smogon :P

-SkrewUps

Of course, I'm a fan of Pokemon. I have a 3DS, and all Gen VI Pokemon games. I want to start learning how to battle competitively. My favourite Pokemon is (Shiny) Chandelure. I mostly like its typing of Ghost and Fire :D . But, seeing my inner noob in competitive battles, maybe I need to decide on another Pokemon.

-SkrewUps
Yo skrewUps, welcome to the forums! Smogon is definitely the right place when it comes down the competitive side of Pokemon. I'd gladly help you out with your journey towards becoming a better player. I've been into competitive Pokemon for ages so I pretty much know all the ins and outs. Can you let me know how much you already know? Glad to see you're willing to learn.

If you have any general questions, feel free to ask 'em in the Simple Questions thread. Or just ask me, Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11 if you want to get more personal.

-SkrewUps
Hey welcome to Smogon. I've been playing since gen 1, but I didn't take the plunge into the competitive world until late in gen 5. If you are looking for some help becoming the very best, you should check out the tutoring program. Just PM one of the tutors and one should take you under their wing. If you are looking to learn on your own, UU might be a good tier to start with. Chandelure resides in UU and is pretty big threat.

If you have an basic questions about the site, feel free to ask or you can always go to the simple questions thread

Feel free to hmu anytime. :)

Hy everyone, I am Bonatop00.
I play pokemon since Platinum and I started to play competitively only three months ago. I made an account here because I need help for teambuilding and I'm looking for friends.
My favourite pokemon is Honchkrow.

Hy everyone, I am Bonatop00.
I play pokemon since Platinum and I started to play competitively only three months ago. I made an account here because I need help for teambuilding and I'm looking for friends.
My favourite pokemon is Honchkrow.
Hey Bonatop00, welcome to Smogon. Fun fact, I actually stopped playing (hardcore) where you started. I saw you're looking for help with teambuilding. You should definitely check out the Rate My Team section. In that section you can post your teams, explaining your sets et cetera. Then, people who are experienced battlers can rate your team and give feedback on them. Make sure to read the Rate My Team rules first though, since they're really important. I also saw you are looking for friends. Well, can I be your friend? :D

Anyway, if you have any general questions about Smogon and its forums, check out the Simple Questions thread. Anything Smogon related can be asked there. And if you have any other needs, just let me know :)

Hello, this is eldritchsyntaxes. I'm here to try and grow a new metagame based around modifying and utilizing elements of the game that go unused in competitive play.

Hello, this is eldritchsyntaxes. I'm here to try and grow a new metagame based around modifying and utilizing elements of the game that go unused in competitive play.
What's up eldritchsyntaxes, welcome to Smogon. I like your point of view. After years and years of competitive battling following the meta I also started to 'invent' my own strategies. I turn physically offensive tanks into specially offensive sweepers and vice versa. The fun part is that it actually throws people off, and it can work so well. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Is there any particular reason you joined Smogon? Perhaps I can show you some cool and helpful places if you tell some more about your goals. If you just want nice people to talk to, just PM me, Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. These guys are awesome, trust me :)

What's up eldritchsyntaxes, welcome to Smogon. I like your point of view. After years and years of competitive battling following the meta I also started to 'invent' my own strategies. I turn physically offensive tanks into specially offensive sweepers and vice versa. The fun part is that it actually throws people off, and it can work so well. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Is there any particular reason you joined Smogon? Perhaps I can show you some cool and helpful places if you tell some more about your goals. If you just want nice people to talk to, just PM me, Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. These guys are awesome, trust me :)
Nice to meet you! I got drawn to smogon because I prefer the means by which it's moderated. Vgc may be where the money is at so to say, but I prefer to have a clean game with as diverse a roster as possible. As for the forum, I wandered in through a hole in /r/stunfisk because I figured I could find a way to get a new pm or something programmed for showdown.

Nice to meet you! I got drawn to smogon because I prefer the means by which it's moderated. Vgc may be where the money is at so to say, but I prefer to have a clean game with as diverse a roster as possible. As for the forum, I wandered in through a hole in /r/stunfisk because I figured I could find a way to get a new pm or something programmed for showdown.
Nice to see that you've already taken a look. Just to help you into the right direction, you should definitely check out the Pokémon Showdown! subforum and the Technical Projects subforum. Not sure if you're a programmer yourself or if you want something programmed, but either way, I think these two links may be the right place to look (since you've mentioned both PS! and programming). Hope that helps a bit. If something's still unclear, don't be shy :)

I am not sure whether I have already done this, but... Hey, I am yungku lotto. I know my name is misspelled bu thatll be fixed soon enough I hope. I need to know, is there a section for artists on Smogon or something? Really want to get into that. And maybe something not so serious and off topic. Would be nice.

n_n

I am not sure whether I have already done this, but... Hey, I am yungku lotto. I know my name is misspelled bu thatll be fixed soon enough I hope. I need to know, is there a section for artists on Smogon or something? Really want to get into that. And maybe something not so serious and off topic. Would be nice.

n_n
Hey yunku, I remember we talked a while ago. I even have you on Skype if I'm not mistaken. I think you indeed already introduced yourself in this thread, but I'm guessing that's no problem. To help you out, a section for artists can be found here. That (Smeargle's Studio) is a place to show off your creativity and artistic compositions. If you want to get into something that's not really Smogon related, check out Congregation of the Masses and maybe even Firebot Development Lab (if you dare). Congregation is for discussing the world outside Pokémon, including sports and entertainment. Firebot isn't about anything in particular. It's also probably not work-safe. Hope these places are useful to you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)