General Introduce yourself!

Hello there smogoners,

My name is Justin and I am new here. This is actually my first time joining a forum. I came here to attempt to have one of my teams rated. I am looking for any helpful information I can find about pokemon. I have grown up playing pokemon and have played all generations with the exception of the 4th. But it wasn't until a few years ago that I started taking the game play seriously and competitively.

Hello there smogoners,

My name is Justin and I am new here. This is actually my first time joining a forum. I came here to attempt to have one of my teams rated. I am looking for any helpful information I can find about pokemon. I have grown up playing pokemon and have played all generations with the exception of the 4th. But it wasn't until a few years ago that I started taking the game play seriously and competitively.
Hey hello Justin, welcome to Smogon. Your first time joining a forum, that's interesting. I can't imagine a life without forums, haha.

I took a look at your post in the Rate My Team section, and it seems that your post is not following the rules. You should check them out. A moderator may lock your thread since it doesn't live up to Smogon's standards. Let me know when you updated it and I'll take a look at your team!

Hey hello Justin, welcome to Smogon. Your first time joining a forum, that's interesting. I can't imagine a life without forums, haha.

I took a look at your post in the Rate My Team section, and it seems that your post is not following the rules. You should check them out. A moderator may lock your thread since it doesn't live up to Smogon's standards. Let me know when you updated it and I'll take a look at your team!

Ok will do thank you

Hello everyone! I finally decided to post with this account. I've been playing pokemon since I was young, and stumbled upon competitive play during the B/W era but never got in to it until now. I'm still playing around, but have loved the community I have seen at Smogon, and want to be a part of it. I' mainly learning OU right now, but I may try to branch out into some other tiers. I'll be glad to see everyone around!

Hello everyone! I finally decided to post with this account. I've been playing pokemon since I was young, and stumbled upon competitive play during the B/W era but never got in to it until now. I'm still playing around, but have loved the community I have seen at Smogon, and want to be a part of it. I' mainly learning OU right now, but I may try to branch out into some other tiers. I'll be glad to see everyone around!
Hey VoidKraken and Welcome to Smogon! I loved the BW era and was very happy when BW2 cam out. I know how to play OU but I'm not the best at it because I play VGC. But if you have any questions, than you can go to the Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread or you can PM me, QueBien, Fluke, Erai14, Chesty, Dr Ciel or InfernapeTropius11!

Last edited:

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hey there, VoidKraken!
How are you finding Smogon? I haven't been playing too long, having started playing Pokemon about four years ago, but competitively for only about two. I started late, around the release of XY, and I have decent competitive skills. I play mostly Monotype, but I do enjoy OU every once in a while. I guess what really got me hooked to Showdown, though, were the Other Metagames. Do you have any ideas about where you'd like to get involved? There's a place for just about everything you might like. If you'd like to get to know the OU community, which I'd recommend as it could help you improve your skills tremendously, check out the OverUsed forum and/or join in the chat in the OverUsed room in Showdown. Feel free to explore and find which forums meet your interests--just make sure you follow the rules! If you have any questions, use the Simple Questions Simple Answers threads or send me, Chesty, Dr Ciel, Erai14, Fluke, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer a PM. I hope you enjoy your time here! :D

I am a former lurker and I have played the Pokemon games since Generation 4. I am no stranger to forums.
Hahaha, I clicked it :P. Joke's on you though, cause I actually enjoy the song. Welcome meowmachine, glad to see you emerge from the depths of the internet. Personally I started Pokemon from Gen I, but never got into competitive until Gen VI. How about you? Do you enjoy competitive play, or do you prefer breeding, collecting, etc?

Great to hear! I'm pretty much available every day after 8:00 PM and the entire weekend. My Time Zone is GMT +1. We can also use Skype or something, if you find that easier? If not, then that's also fine :)
hey sorry i didn't talk yesterday wanna do that now

Hey whoareyouiam, welcome to Smogon. First of all, I like your username. Secondly, Infernape for life?! How can you adore such an ugly monkey?! Just kidding, I just don't like Generation IV and onwards so much as I do like Generation I - III. I actually quit playing when Generation IV came out. I did play Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but that was pretty much to relive the nostalgia. I'm telling you, at first I was skeptical about Generation VI, but I have to say that the games are freaking awesome. I really recommend saving up for a 3DS with either XY or ORAS. Especially since, you know.. those are the only Pokemon games on handheld that can still go online. When it comes to Wi-Fi on Smogon, XY and ORAS are basically the standard.

Anyhow, glad to see you you're enjoying Pokemon battles. Not sure what you're looking for on the forums, but a handy link for now: The Smogon Simple Questions thread. If you have any questions regarding Smogon and its forums, ask 'em there :)

What's up River, welcome. Your introduction reminds me of that song.. you know? "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.. DUN DUN, DUN!" Good luck becoming the best player that has ever existed since there are some really tough opponents out there. If you want I can help you with the basics. I've been into competitive play for ages so I pretty know all the ins and outs. If you don't want me to help you but someone else, then there's Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. These people know a lot and can most definitely help you out with your questions too :D

What's up Axel, welcome to Smogon. Glad to see someone who is into the more rare tiers like Ubers, Monotype and BH. I once tried to get into BH but I just couldn't get used to it.. But I still like Monotype and Ubers a lot. If you're looking for an expansion on your tier knowledge, I can help you out. I've been into NU, RU and UU for ages now and can tell you a lot about it, if you'd want. As for your team, I hope you get some nice and useful feedback in the Rate My Team section. I will also take a look at it :D

And about Emerald - that's also one of my favorites! I still have to play the Randomized version, because I saw videos and I think it's really fun. Do you recommend it? I'm tend to be kind of conservative when it comes down to older games that have a lot of value to me. Let me know!
are you aware that there are wimmfi severs for gens 4 and 5 or gens IV and V so maybe if it doesn't go for out of smogon's rules you could use that to revive those kinds of tournaments oh and what tier is meganium because i want to make my first team built around him or her mostly him

Last edited by a moderator:
are you aware that there are wimmfi severs for gens 4 and 5 or gens IV and V so maybe if it doesn't go for out of smogon's rules you could use that to revive those kinds of tournaments oh and what tier is meganium because i want to make my first team built around him or her mostly him
The only thing I know is that a couple of years ago Nintendo shut down their servers for all their pre-3DS games. I'm not up to date when it comes to other third party servers.

The only thing I know is that a couple of years ago Nintendo shut down their servers for all their pre-3DS games. I'm not up to date when it comes to other third party servers.
well there out there and you can do this with an emulator or an Acton replay a ROM and the code for that game to get on those servers and you need the ROM to get the code from the program wfc replay here ill give you some links to the instructions and more of the details
https://github.com/Prof9/wfcreplay
https://github.com/Prof9/wfcreplay/commits/master/BLZ/blz.c
https://github.com/Prof9/wfcreplay
https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki
https://github.com/AdmiralCurtiss/WfcPatcher/releases
https://github.com/Prof9/wfcreplay/releases

• Your favourite Pokemon- PIKACHU AND RAICHU
  • Are you on PS?- YES AND NO
  • What you plan to do here- BREED POKES AND TRADE. NOT A BATTLER OF ANY SORT.
  • Things you might need help with- HELP FINDING MY 3 MESSAGES.
  • A little background info about you in real life, if you're ok with sharing that- IN 3 MORE YEARS IT WILL BE MY 20TH ANNIVERSARY FOR POKEMON. I USE CAPS CAUSE OF BAD EYESIGHT. SO GET USED TO IT OR IGNORE. ALSO I LOVE ANIME AND MANGA.
  • Favourite Pokemon games- 1ST GEN, 2ND & 3RD GEN, 1ST GEN REMAKES, 2ND GEN REMAKES, 3 GEN REMAKES, AND X/Y

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
  • A little background info about you in real life, if you're ok with sharing that- IN 3 MORE YEARS IT WILL BE MY 20TH ANNIVERSARY FOR POKEMON. I USE CAPS CAUSE OF BAD EYESIGHT. SO GET USED TO IT OR IGNORE. ALSO I LOVE ANIME AND MANGA.
  • Favourite Pokemon games- 1ST GEN, 2ND & 3RD GEN, 1ST GEN REMAKES, 2ND GEN REMAKES, 3 GEN REMAKES, AND X/Y
Hello SakuraStarlight!
Welcome to Smogon! To find your other three posts, just click on either your profile picture or your profile name in the top right corner of the page to visit your profile. Then, click on the tab labeled "Postings", and you will find all of your posts there. Since you like breeding and trading, be sure to check out the Wi-Fi forum to find other users who like the same things; you could even create your own trading thread eventually, too! My favorite Pokemon generation is the 3rd Generation, specifically Emerald and Sapphire, which I first played a few years ago. I like XY, too, mainly because Y was the first version I owned. My favorite Pokemon are Bisharp and Lucario, and my favorite type is the Steel type. Anyway, if you need help with anything during your time here, feel free to post in the Simple Questions threads or start a conversation with me, Chesty, Dr Ciel, Erai14, Fluke, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer. Enjoy your time here! :)

may not be much of a breeder but a trader hell yeah can help you and jaknow do all sorts of cool things with you maybe you can help me as you learn more to breed and trade from others and can help you when it comes to battling as i learn to from others but i cant promise you of that since m not that good when it comes to learning stuff like this but could help you f you want oh and if your like me or better at being social than me because m a mess you can find your own way to learn this stuff and grasp this stuff from others too but i really just want to be trade friends with you do you mind

Hey welcome to smogon. Sorry about the eyesight problem and the fact that you have to use caps. My eyes aren't the greatest to I've been wearing glasses for 7 years now. If you want to trade the best place to go is the wifi section you can make a trade thread there. People are generally interested in stuff that you obtained yourself and hacks aren't allowed of course. Make sure to also read the rules. If you need something let me know or let Fluke TheHoodedGamer QueBien or InfernapeTropius11 kmow. Enjoy your time around smogon.

ooh and fluke m getting a team ready for battle ill invite you to a new conversion when im ready in showdown okay

may not be much of a breeder but a trader hell yeah can help you and jaknow do all sorts of cool things with you maybe you can help me as you learn more to breed and trade from others and can help you when it comes to battling as i learn to from others but i cant promise you of that since m not that good when it comes to learning stuff like this but could help you f you want oh and if your like me or better at being social than me because m a mess you can find your own way to learn this stuff and grasp this stuff from others too but i really just want to be trade friends with you do you mind
THATS COOL I GOT A LOT LISTED. SO MOSTLY LOOKING FOR THE LAST 4-5 HA'S I NEED OR RARE BALL POKES. I KNOW TO USE THE WIFI. DIDNT KNOW THE MESSAGES WERE THE FORUM THINGS. SO IF YOU WANT TO TRADE JUST LOCATE ME IN WIFI. HAVE A GOOD ONE.

Hey VoidKraken and Welcome to Smogon! I loved the BW era and was very happy when BW2 cam out. I know how to play OU but I'm not the best at it because I play VGC. But if you have any questions, than you can go to the Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread or you can PM me, QueBien, Fluke, Erai14, Chesty, Dr Ciel or InfernapeTropius11!
Thanks! I'm still deciding what meta to start in, Ubers and UU both look good.
Hey there, VoidKraken!
How are you finding Smogon? I haven't been playing too long, having started playing Pokemon about four years ago, but competitively for only about two. I started late, around the release of XY, and I have decent competitive skills. I play mostly Monotype, but I do enjoy OU every once in a while. I guess what really got me hooked to Showdown, though, were the Other Metagames. Do you have any ideas about where you'd like to get involved? There's a place for just about everything you might like. If you'd like to get to know the OU community, which I'd recommend as it could help you improve your skills tremendously, check out the OverUsed forum and/or join in the chat in the OverUsed room in Showdown. Feel free to explore and find which forums meet your interests--just make sure you follow the rules! If you have any questions, use the Simple Questions Simple Answers threads or send me, Chesty, Dr Ciel, Erai14, Fluke, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer a PM. I hope you enjoy your time here! :D
I've loved what I've seen. What I think I've loved the most is the fact that Smogon's community is made up of a ton of smaller communities for all the different boards.
I'll see everyone around!

I wouldnt stay away form here! I love to see Leaf on your avatar <3, she's my second favourite playable character.

My favourite pokemon are Volcarona and Gyarados, and my favourite gens are 3 and 6.

Like QueBien said, you can make your own trading thread at the Wi-Fi forum, or ask anything you want to me, or the guys he listed.

Hope you enjoy your time here! and maybe we could even trade! (Fc: 1349-6498-3435, i dont have too many things now tho :c)

Hahaha, I clicked it :P. Joke's on you though, cause I actually enjoy the song. Welcome meowmachine, glad to see you emerge from the depths of the internet. Personally I started Pokemon from Gen I, but never got into competitive until Gen VI. How about you? Do you enjoy competitive play, or do you prefer breeding, collecting, etc?
Eh, I like competitive emulator play but I don't have the time to breed or train competitive pokemon. I do want to complete the pokedex.

Hallo I'm Xile SunShine
Favorite Pokemon-GRENINJA DUH!
My life - Collage student that loves pokemon and will play any rom hack he can get his hands on(any suggestions?) :D
I Plan To-Get taught the way of the Greininja....(Lol Jks I wanna get better at battling)
Favorite Gen-
6th 4th 1st 2nd IN THAT ORDER

Well that's all for now bye have a Good night/Day

Hallo I'm Xile SunShine
Favorite Pokemon-GRENINJA DUH!
My life - Collage student that loves pokemon and will play any rom hack he can get his hands on(any suggestions?) :D
I Plan To-Get taught the way of the Greininja....(Lol Jks I wanna get better at battling)
Favorite Gen-
6th 4th 1st 2nd IN THAT ORDER

Well that's all for now bye have a Good night/Day
Hey there! Welcome!

Greninja is one of the coolest pokemon of gen 6!, it can be used at Ubers, if you want to know more, check the competitive forum, you'll also find there UU and OU.

If you want to learn more about competitive battling, you can join the battling 101 program, or if you want to get more personal, start a conversation with me, or with : Fluke, TheHoodedGamer, InfernapeTropius11, QueBien or Chesty , and we will help you!

Hope you have a great time at Smogon!

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello, I'm going to hopefully start posting here some more over the next few weeks after a very long 5+ year hiatus from smogon and pokemon. Med school's a bitch, yo. Smogon feels very different with its facelift and I see unfamiliar usernames all over the place. I hope there are still some familiar people still sticking around and that I bump into them, and that I get to know some of the people who wouldn't have met me back in the day. :)
  • Your favourite Pokemon - Scizor
  • Are you on PS? - Yes under "Old LR" but sadly cannot speak in the lobby until a week has passed!
  • What you plan to do here - Learn ORAS OU, but holy power creep gamefreak! UU seems a lot more palatable. Also I hope I can start contributing again. Not nearly as familiar with this meta as I was with Gen IV / V back when I headed RMT, but I'm a learner.
  • Things you might need help with - Getting back into the swing of things, help testing Gen VI stuff (I keep trying to paralyse electrics..), and just re-connecting and connecting with the good people of smogon.
EDIT: Shit you can like posts on smogon now? That's new haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)