General Introduce yourself!

Hello everybody, my name is SuperSceptile, but if you want you can call me Scept. I've been a Pokémon fan for a long time and I started getting into showdown recently. On showdown my name is POKEMANZUNODOSTRES. It's an odd name, I know. It's a reference to the first forum name I ever made on the old superskarmory.net, now called pokecheats. My name there was Pokémon123 and I constantly get teased about it now. Anyways, I hope to improve at Pokémon and I hope to meet many of you!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello everybody, my name is SuperSceptile, but if you want you can call me Scept. I've been a Pokémon fan for a long time and I started getting into showdown recently. On showdown my name is POKEMANZUNODOSTRES. It's an odd name, I know. It's a reference to the first forum name I ever made on the old superskarmory.net, now called pokecheats. My name there was Pokémon123 and I constantly get teased about it now. Anyways, I hope to improve at Pokémon and I hope to meet many of you!
Hi SuperSceptile125!
Welcome to the forums! What tiers do you like most? I enjoy playing Monotype the most, but I do play a lot of 1v1 and occasionally OU every now and then. Have you explored the different chatrooms in Showdown? If you haven't already, I'd recommend doing so as you could make a lot of great friends and learn more about the game at the same time! Are there any particular areas of Smogon you think you might be interested in? Take a look around, I'm sure you'll find something. :) If you need any help during your time here, you can use the Smogon Simple Questions thread or the other Simple Questions Simple Answers threads, or you could PM me, Chesty, Dr Ciel, Erai14, Fluke, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer. These users are super friendly and would be happy to help you in any way possible. Have fun around Smogon and I'll see you around!

Hi SuperSceptile125!
Welcome to the forums! What tiers do you like most? I enjoy playing Monotype the most, but I do play a lot of 1v1 and occasionally OU every now and then. Have you explored the different chatrooms in Showdown? If you haven't already, I'd recommend doing so as you could make a lot of great friends and learn more about the game at the same time! Are there any particular areas of Smogon you think you might be interested in? Take a look around, I'm sure you'll find something. :) If you need any help during your time here, you can use the Smogon Simple Questions thread or the other Simple Questions Simple Answers threads, or you could PM me, Chesty, Dr Ciel, Erai14, Fluke, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer. These users are super friendly and would be happy to help you in any way possible. Have fun around Smogon and I'll see you around!
Thank you! The tier I've been playing most is OU but I've played UU every now and then. Done some random battling too.

Hi I'm Callum, (or Catvines I guess). I'm a big fan of pokemon and I joined here so I could improve my battling and get to know more people within the pokemon community. I mainly play RU and PU, as well as being a big fan of monotype. I also like to watch anime and listen to music. I believe that's everything, so I hope to speak to you guys soon!

Hi I'm Callum, (or Catvines I guess). I'm a big fan of pokemon and I joined here so I could improve my battling and get to know more people within the pokemon community. I mainly play RU and PU, as well as being a big fan of monotype. I also like to watch anime and listen to music. I believe that's everything, so I hope to speak to you guys soon!
Hey Callum, welcome to Smogon. I love PU and RU as well! Glad to see I'm not the only one out here that's a bit into the weaker tiers. How good exactly are you at battling? Do you already know the basics? I'm curious because maybe I can help you a bit :)

Oh and you like anime? Which ones are you favorites? Haven't watched anime in a long time but I'm planning to watch some new series soon.

Check out the Smogon Simple Questions thread. If you have any questions regarding Smogon and its forums, ask 'em there. Or just ask me, Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. We can answer pretty much all of your questions regarding Smogon.

Cheers!

Hey Callum, welcome to Smogon. I love PU and RU as well! Glad to see I'm not the only one out here that's a bit into the weaker tiers. How good exactly are you at battling? Do you already know the basics? I'm curious because maybe I can help you a bit :)

Oh and you like anime? Which ones are you favorites? Haven't watched anime in a long time but I'm planning to watch some new series soon.

Check out the Smogon Simple Questions thread. If you have any questions regarding Smogon and its forums, ask 'em there. Or just ask me, Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. We can answer pretty much all of your questions regarding Smogon.

Cheers!
Yeah I love PU, some of the mons in it like Mr.Mime and Roselia are some of my favourites. So it's great being able to use them in the tier. With my battling, I would say I'm okay, and I've been playing competitively for about a year and a half now I believe. So I've got all the basics and whatnot.
Yeah I am a big fan of anime, I really love Angel Beats and Bokurano.
and I will check out those threads, thanks!

Hey all, I'm Absollite, and I've been (active) on Smogon forums for the past few weeks/months, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I like to hang around on the RMT (rate my team) forums, and give rates and post RMTs whenever I can. I specialize in 1v1, which is my favorite tier (or should I say meta?), although not many people actually play that tier (meta). I've also played OU, I have enough background knowledge on Monotype (I'm ehh at it), and I've played a few UU and LC games. Random battles are fun as well.

On Showdown, I stick around in the Wifi, Competitive Tutoring, and two private rooms (which I'm not going to mention the name of, just in case the ROs don't want me to).

I think that's about it, cheers!

Hey all, I'm Absollite, and I've been (active) on Smogon forums for the past few weeks/months, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I like to hang around on the RMT (rate my team) forums, and give rates and post RMTs whenever I can. I specialize in 1v1, which is my favorite tier (or should I say meta?), although not many people actually play that tier (meta). I've also played OU, I have enough background knowledge on Monotype (I'm ehh at it), and I've played a few UU and LC games. Random battles are fun as well.

On Showdown, I stick around in the Wifi, Competitive Tutoring, and two private rooms (which I'm not going to mention the name of, just in case the ROs don't want me to).

I think that's about it, cheers!
Hello Absollite! I also just so happen to be a Team Rater, albeit not for any of the tiers (metagames) you play. I am one of the VGC Raters of Smogon's Community and I don't have very much experience with 1v1. I've played a little OU when I was still a unknown player. I also tend to enjoy a game or two of RandBats.

I am also usually in the Competitive Tutoring room on PS! as psychodude11 if you ever see me on there but I am also in the VGC room or The Happy Place. And of course, if you have any questions, you can PM me, QueBien, Fluke, Chesty, Dr Ciel, or Erai14!

Ello all!
I'm Katy. New to the site, long time pokemon watcher and sorta new to the games. I have sorta played some of the older games on emulators, but my first real game to play all the way through was Y and I have AS. My boyfriend however, is way more of a pokemon master. He has been playing the games his whole life. Going from the questions above something I need help with is building a team. I can play the games and might have a strong team for it, but I am not much of a competitive player and haven't really built a competitive team. My boyfriend is getting a 3DS soon along with X and tells me how his team is going to beat me. Anyone up for helping me build a team? My favorite pokemon is Alakazam and I'd like to build around him.

Thanks in advance!

Ello all!
I'm Katy. New to the site, long time pokemon watcher and sorta new to the games. I have sorta played some of the older games on emulators, but my first real game to play all the way through was Y and I have AS. My boyfriend however, is way more of a pokemon master. He has been playing the games his whole life. Going from the questions above something I need help with is building a team. I can play the games and might have a strong team for it, but I am not much of a competitive player and haven't really built a competitive team. My boyfriend is getting a 3DS soon along with X and tells me how his team is going to beat me. Anyone up for helping me build a team? My favorite pokemon is Alakazam and I'd like to build around him.

Thanks in advance!
Hey Katy, welcome to the site. I wish I had an older sibling who plays Pokémon.. I myself am 22 years old and I only have a sister who doesn't do anything Pokémon related. I'm wondering, if you need help building a strong team, why don't you ask your brother for help? Maybe he's kind enough to help you? I can imagine it can be really good to get feedback from a person you actually know in real life, especially when it's a sibling. What you can also do is take your teams to the Rate My Team section, where people can rate them and give you feedback on how to use them optimally. Or you can just battle me, and I could give you some tips. We can do it on Pokemon Showdown! or Wi-Fi, I don't mind.

Let me know! And have fun around here :)

Hello Absollite! I also just so happen to be a Team Rater, albeit not for any of the tiers (metagames) you play. I am one of the VGC Raters of Smogon's Community and I don't have very much experience with 1v1. I've played a little OU when I was still a unknown player. I also tend to enjoy a game or two of RandBats.

I am also usually in the Competitive Tutoring room on PS! as psychodude11 if you ever see me on there but I am also in the VGC room or The Happy Place. And of course, if you have any questions, you can PM me, QueBien, Fluke, Chesty, Dr Ciel, or Erai14!
Hey TheHoodedGamer! I've also played VGC for a bit in the past, as well as Smogon Doubles, although I have to admit, I'm not very good at those. You might not see me rating, since I have quite a busy life outside of PS! / Smogon, but I rate whenever I get a chance.

I think I'll be okay for the time being, but if I have any questions, I'll be sure to PM you or the other people you mentioned!

Im Clue. My favorite pokemon is Breloom, my favorite type is ghost, and my favorite gen is 4. I love playing OU and UU tiers
What's up Clue, welcome to Smogon. Your favorite Pokemon is Breloom huh?! I hate Breloom. Today I got slaughtered by one in an OU match. They outplayed me so hard ;_;

Well I don't hate Breloom.. I just got murked. Anyway, what exactly is the reason you joined Smogon? Do you just want to make some friends? Or do you really want to learn more about the competitive side? Or do you maybe want to contribute? Let me know, and I'll gladly show you around :)

Hello, I'm Jozeph. I come from the competitive Mario Kart community (yes it's a thing). I decided to give Showdown a go, and I guess I liked it. I felt I may as well make a forum account as well.

Hello, I'm Jozeph. I come from the competitive Mario Kart community (yes it's a thing). I decided to give Showdown a go, and I guess I liked it. I felt I may as well make a forum account as well.
Hey there Jozeph, and welcome to Smogon! Hope you enjoy your time here! There are lots to know and explore about Smogon, and if you need help or have any questions, you can message me here or on Pokemon Showdown. I'll gladly show you around if you want me to!

Wow a competitive Mario kart community sounds cool. I'm glad that you took a look into showdown it's a process to get amazingly good on showdown. I think the best place to start is the smogon strategy dex and just talk to other users like myself for some help as well. Enjoy your time around smogon and feel free to message me or Fluke, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer

Hey there, I hope this thread is still open. Well, let me introduce myself. You can call me Frigid and I've been a Pokemon fan ever since the first games were introduced. I used to be iffy with Smogon and what it was about, then maturity kicked in and I wanted to see what it was REALLY about. I'm not the best competitive battler since I have self esteem problems when it comes to those kinds of stuff. Sure I've been breeding and battling and I always feel subpar compared to the rest. I want to know how I as a Pokemon fan am able to improve. I know practice is important but I want guidance as well. There goes my intro. Any more questions about me, feel free to ask.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hey there, I hope this thread is still open. Well, let me introduce myself. You can call me Frigid and I've been a Pokemon fan ever since the first games were introduced. I used to be iffy with Smogon and what it was about, then maturity kicked in and I wanted to see what it was REALLY about. I'm not the best competitive battler since I have self esteem problems when it comes to those kinds of stuff. Sure I've been breeding and battling and I always feel subpar compared to the rest. I want to know how I as a Pokemon fan am able to improve. I know practice is important but I want guidance as well. There goes my intro. Any more questions about me, feel free to ask.
Hey, Frigidheaven, welcome to Smogon ! I've also have been a fan of the Pokemon games since they've been introduced & I haven't looked back since then. If you're looking to brush up on your competitive battling skills, the Battling 101 sub-forum is the place for you. There, you can sign up for the Apprentice Program, in which you will get a tutor to teach you about your tier of choice among many other things. Be sure to check the Battling 101 Schedule to see when the next signups are ! If you have any questions, feel free to PM myself, QueBien, Fluke, Chesty, Erai14, or TheHoodedGamer !

Hey, Frigidheaven, welcome to Smogon ! I've also have been a fan of the Pokemon games since they've been introduced & I haven't looked back since then. If you're looking to brush up on your competitive battling skills, the Battling 101 sub-forum is the place for you. There, you can sign up for the Apprentice Program, in which you will get a tutor to teach you about your tier of choice among many other things. Be sure to check the Battling 101 Schedule to see when the next signups are ! If you have any questions, feel free to PM myself, QueBien, Fluke, Chesty, Erai14, or TheHoodedGamer !
I might take you up on that offer, but let me think about it some more before I decide.

Hey fam what's up my name is Twiddled.Wannks but you can call
Me your #swagdaddy. If theres a place to change my username can you send it that'd be greeeeaaaaat. Anyways fam gtg faste

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Hey fam what's up my name is Twiddled.Wannks but you can call
Me your #swagdaddy. If theres a place to change my username can you send it that'd be greeeeaaaaat. Anyways fam gtg faste
Hey Twiddled.Wannks, sup bro? Welcome to Smogon! You can get your name changed here, but only once so think wisely :p What is your favourite Pokemon? Mine are Infernape and Tropius as you could probably tell ;) If you don't mind me asking, what caused you to join smogon? Were you interested in getting some battling/teambuilding advice, contributing, or just chilling? Regardless, if you need anything or have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM! Hope you enjoy your time here in whatever you may do :)

Hi there! I am a new member on Smogon and I hope to learn more about pokemon here and hopefully become higher in the ranks of Smogon leadership!
Hei! Smogon is great for this :) goodLuck for all!
If you want to play, ask me
Btw, what is your favorite Pokemon?

Hello everyone, Dark here. I'm not as new to the PK Metagame but I am new to Smogon and I am learning much more every time I come back. Hoping to get my feet wet and enter the world of competitive battling so I hope to meet and chat with everyone on and off the battlefield.

Hello everyone, Dark here. I'm not as new to the PK Metagame but I am new to Smogon and I am learning much more every time I come back. Hoping to get my feet wet and enter the world of competitive battling so I hope to meet and chat with everyone on and off the battlefield.
Hello Dark, welcome to Smogon. For how long have you been into the Pokemon metagame? Quite curious, since most players who are into the competitive side of Pokemon are also familiar with Smogon. If you want I can show you around. There are a lot of fun places around here. What are you particularly looking for?

Some other nice people with a lot of knowledge about Smogon are Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. These people know a lot and can most definitely help you out with anything.

Hope to see you around ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)