General Introduce yourself!

Hello Dark, welcome to Smogon. For how long have you been into the Pokemon metagame? Quite curious, since most players who are into the competitive side of Pokemon are also familiar with Smogon. If you want I can show you around. There are a lot of fun places around here. What are you particularly looking for?

Some other nice people with a lot of knowledge about Smogon are Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. These people know a lot and can most definitely help you out with anything.

Hope to see you around ^_^
Hello Fluke, I been into metagame way back in HGSS but I haven't picked up the games until ORAS came out. Since X and Y and finally ORAS I'm just trying to get back in the habit of making a team and just having a good balance for competitive. Thank you for the recommendations as well.

Hello Fluke, I been into metagame way back in HGSS but I haven't picked up the games until ORAS came out. Since X and Y and finally ORAS I'm just trying to get back in the habit of making a team and just having a good balance for competitive. Thank you for the recommendations as well.
You're welcome! I remember when I first started to get into Smogon and the OU metagame.. It was around Emerald/FRLG. But when HGSS came out it was just so much more, especially with the online features it had. I wish Nintendo never shut down those servers.. Those memories, I want to relive them..

Hey all the names Jeremy,my favorite pokémon is Gallade and my first pokemon game was Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of time,but i was barely 8 when i played it and didnt beat itI dropped my DS and got a gameboy XD so i tried out pokemon silver,it hooked me up then i played Ruby and now X and Omega Ruby,i came to smogon to be a better pokemon trainer i guess xP. I am a good battler but i admit im not THAT good. I guess i can help with a few strategies but dont judge em xP
---------------------------------------------------------------
Uhm,how to poste that random pokemon pic? X3

Last edited:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hey all the names Jeremy,my favorite pokémon is Gallade and my first pokemon game was Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of time,but i was barely 8 when i played it and didnt beat itI dropped my DS and got a gameboy XD so i tried out pokemon silver,it hooked me up then i played Ruby and now X and Omega Ruby,i came to smogon to be a better pokemon trainer i guess xP. I am a good battler but i admit im not THAT good. I guess i can help with a few strategies but dont judge em xP
---------------------------------------------------------------
Uhm,how to poste that random pokemon pic? X3
What's up JeremyTheNerd546, welcome to Smogon ! Gallade is a pretty cool Pokemon overall & is in fact one of my Top 10 favourite Pokemon. Anyways, to brush up on your competitive skills, head over to th Battling 101 sub-forum, where you can sign up for the Apprentice Program. Here, you'll get a tutor for your tier of choice to help you learn more about the tier. Be sure to check out the Battling 101 Schedule to see when the next signups are ! If you have any questions or need any help, PM myself, QueBien, Fluke, Chesty, Erai14, or TheHoodedGamer & we'd be glad to help you out.

What's up JeremyTheNerd546, welcome to Smogon ! Gallade is a pretty cool Pokemon overall & is in fact one of my Top 10 favourite Pokemon. Anyways, to brush up on your competitive skills, head over to th Battling 101 sub-forum, where you can sign up for the Apprentice Program. Here, you'll get a tutor for your tier of choice to help you learn more about the tier. Be sure to check out the Battling 101 Schedule to see when the next signups are ! If you have any questions or need any help, PM myself, QueBien, Fluke, Chesty, Erai14, or TheHoodedGamer & we'd be glad to help you out.
Well thanks,but i have a question ( sorry im new here ) when i click the battle 101 forum some 'messages' appear,which one should i,uh,join?

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Well thanks,but i have a question ( sorry im new here ) when i click the battle 101 forum some 'messages' appear,which one should i,uh,join?
First, check the schedule to see when the next signups are. Once the date of the signups roll around a thread will be made in the sub-forum saying Apprentice Program: Round (insert Round here). You'll click on that to sign-up. Signups last for around 2 or 3 days before you'll be assigned a tutor in your tier of choice.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
hello my name is megaqwer and my favorite pokemon is heracross(as you can see from my avatar:p) i dont have a favorite gen cause i love various pokemons from different gens and i love playing ag and i peaked the laderr to #10 and ubers (as it is similiar to ag) and monotype(as i like the 6 pokemons of same type) and i hope to contribute in smogon and make this website the best website of the decade:p

You're welcome! I remember when I first started to get into Smogon and the OU metagame.. It was around Emerald/FRLG. But when HGSS came out it was just so much more, especially with the online features it had. I wish Nintendo never shut down those servers.. Those memories, I want to relive them..
Don't we all? HGSS was the last game I was serious in before 6th gen. I steamed through 5th gen and I didn't get X or Y yet but I love my Omega Ruby. It was also the one that showed me why my pokemon sucked in competitive. Smogon is the perfect place to get myself back in the game, especially after the new mechanics and the strategies I've tested in Showdown. I'm nowhere decent but now I have a starting place.

Yo guys,my name is Luigi and i'm italian...i'm a new member and i play pokemon x.
I'm looking for friends to make trade and battle :)
Dude what's up:). My name is Andrew and I am part Korean and Italian. Yeah I know pretty weird. I can totally trade and give you stuff for free whenever I have the free time. I like helping newer users out on the site:). If you want to trade and battle check out the wifi forums. If you plan on creating a trade thread you should also read the wifi forum rules:). If you need help with breeding stuff to trade I'm here to help. Hope you enjoy your time around smogon. If you need something you can message me or Fluke, TheHoodedGamer, or QueBien.

Eh...i never played showdown before...i play Pokémon Online,i guess i should start playing showdown
If I'm not mistaken they're technically the same thing. I highly recommend pokemon showdown though. I am going to say what my friend told me, "Andrew you should consider pokemon showdown. It will sharpen your battling skills." Although I hardly battle as much as I used to back then I will admit that I have gotten better because of pokemon showdown. If you do prefer online battling though with a 3ds that's fine. I giveaway a few battle ready pokemon now and then and so do some other people. You should check out the giveaway sub forum in the wifi section.

Well, hello there, community companions. I'm a kind of old pokemon player, but I used to play mostly at Pokemon Online. I have gotten some interest into Smogon recently and into it's Pokemon Showdown simulator so, I decided it was about time for me to join the forums. Well, I don't quite know what could I possibly talk about but since I chose to use a Japanese nick, I'm gonna talk to you guys about it.

My nick is Katakana for the english word ''King'', which in spanish which happens to be my main language, means ''Rey''. ''Rey'' is how my close friends call me sometimes, too. Rey's first letter is ''R'' which in spanish is spelled ''Erre''. And that, community fellas, is what my main pokemon showdown name is, even though I usually acompany it with some other little thing, be it another letter or something.

And well, I hope we spend a good time over here. Oh, if you are wondering how could you refer to me, you can call me whatever suits you. Rey would be kind of weird if I don't quite know you yet but either Erre, King, R, or even Japanese Nick Guy is okay. ^^

Oh, oh, and a big Shout out to that Chesty fella, who was kind enough to post something into my profile to welcome me. :3

Well, hello there, community companions. I'm a kind of old pokemon player, but I used to play mostly at Pokemon Online. I have gotten some interest into Smogon recently and into it's Pokemon Showdown simulator so, I decided it was about time for me to join the forums. Well, I don't quite know what could I possibly talk about but since I chose to use a Japanese nick, I'm gonna talk to you guys about it.

My nick is Katakana for the english word ''King'', which in spanish which happens to be my main language, means ''Rey''. ''Rey'' is how my close friends call me sometimes, too. Rey's first letter is ''R'' which in spanish is spelled ''Erre''. And that, community fellas, is what my main pokemon showdown name is, even though I usually acompany it with some other little thing, be it another letter or something.

And well, I hope we spend a good time over here. Oh, if you are wondering how could you refer to me, you can call me whatever suits you. Rey would be kind of weird if I don't quite know you yet but either Erre, King, R, or even Japanese Nick Guy is okay. ^^

Oh, oh, and a big Shout out to that Chesty fella, who was kind enough to post something into my profile to welcome me. :3
Hey Man, Welcome to Smogon!

It seems that Spanish is your native language, wich is mine also, if you want to ask something about Smogon, you can use the Smogon Simple Questions thread, or if you feel comfortable, start a conversation with me if spanish is your first laguage.

Some questions for you: What exactly brought you here, and, wich is your favourite mon?

My favourite pokemon is Volcarona <3

Hey Man, Welcome to Smogon!

It seems that Spanish is your native language, wich is mine also, if you want to ask something about Smogon, you can use the Smogon Simple Questions thread, or if you feel comfortable, start a conversation with me if spanish is your first laguage.

Some questions for you: What exactly brought you here, and, wich is your favourite mon?

My favourite pokemon is Volcarona <3
Offer accepted pal, gonna message you right away. Also, thanks for being cool. ^3^

Well, I have always visited the forums, I just never joined them officially cause...I don't know, I felt way too lazy like to do all the joining thing, but, after around a year or so, I think it was about time, specially since there seem to be lots of cool folks around 'ere.

My favourite mon is a tough one, cause I'm pretty fond of a lot of mons since I started playing cause of how much they have helped me and their general use (Bisharp, Mandibuzz, Gliscor, to name a few). But since I was a little kid, I had always liked fire types and fighting types, so, by now you can very much guess my favourite mon, since it's one out of three. :)

Infernape, that guy's amazing and has a really cool design. I hope he gets a cool mega someday so that he gets some OU usage. oh, and Volcarona is an awesome mon too, Fire types rock. /o/

Hello. I'm Xiraiya. I made this account quite a while ago, around the time I started competitive battling, but I never really used it or introduced myself until now. I'm pretty awkward so I stay quiet and keep to myself :x I'm trying to get back into Pokemon and get past this glass ceiling I'm at so I was hoping for some tips and maybe try out the Tutoring section. Umm my favorite Pokemon are Blaziken, Lapras, and Girafarig. Don't really have a favorite tier, but I mainly play OU. I also play a lot of Monotype. (I won a tournament once back in January on here xD) That's really all I got :)

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hello. I'm Xiraiya. I made this account quite a while ago, around the time I started competitive battling, but I never really used it or introduced myself until now. I'm pretty awkward so I stay quiet and keep to myself :x I'm trying to get back into Pokemon and get past this glass ceiling I'm at so I was hoping for some tips and maybe try out the Tutoring section. Umm my favorite Pokemon are Blaziken, Lapras, and Girafarig. Don't really have a favorite tier, but I mainly play OU. I also play a lot of Monotype. (I won a tournament once back in January on here xD) That's really all I got :)
What's up Xiraiya, welcome to Smogon ! You're just like me, I also like to stay quiet and keep to myself. Makes me feel pretty mysterious. I also enjoy OU, so maybe we can battle on PS sometime if you'd like. As yo said, check out the Battling 101 sub-forums where you can get a Tutor for whatever tier you'd like to learn. If you have any trouble, or simply have a question, feel free to send a PM to myself, QueBien, Fluke, Chesty, Erai14, or TheHoodedGamer & we'd be more than happy to help you out. Enjoy your time at Smogon & we hope to see you around !

Haha thanks for the shoutout dude:) like I said earlier im here to chat if you just wanna talk about random stuff. I'm actually part Korean lol. If your into battling and you plan on doing the next global link competition in the scrappy cup let me know:) good luck and hope you enjoy smogon:)

Oh you play PO?

Hey Guys! My Name ist thrashmob and I've been a Pokémon-addict since the first generation games!

But let me tell you something about me first.
I now am 23 years old and live in Germany. Yeah, I do drink a lot of beer, if that concerns you.
And no, I am neither punctual nor overly serious.
Now that all of the clichés are out of the way let me introduce myself further.

Currently I am training to be a kindergarten teacher which fullfills me deeply and I am really looking forward to working in that field. In my free time I love listening to music or playing some myself with my Post-Rock band.

And, oviously, I love playing Pokémon.

Since R/B/Y i've been hooked up with these colorful little monsters and for like 3 years now I've been trying to gradually get into competitive Pokémon. Although I've tried out some VGC style teams my heart beats for the Smogon OU single battles ever since I found out about Smogon (which was really just using Google and typing Pokémon terms).

Btw. My favourite Pokémon is Weezing. Who could withstand that cute little face that says: "Pleeease, kill me now!" ?

So, now for my reasons of writing this:
I'd really like to participate more on Smogon and want to get in touch with good players to rate my teams and take my game to the next level. Also, instead of just "using" this site, I'd very much like to feel part of it and contribute something now and then too.

I sincerely hope we'll get along and I am looking forward to reading your replies!

Cheerio!

Hey Guys! My Name ist thrashmob and I've been a Pokémon-addict since the first generation games!

But let me tell you something about me first.
I now am 23 years old and live in Germany. Yeah, I do drink a lot of beer, if that concerns you.
And no, I am neither punctual nor overly serious.
Now that all of the clichés are out of the way let me introduce myself further.

Currently I am training to be a kindergarten teacher which fullfills me deeply and I am really looking forward to working in that field. In my free time I love listening to music or playing some myself with my Post-Rock band.

And, oviously, I love playing Pokémon.

Since R/B/Y i've been hooked up with these colorful little monsters and for like 3 years now I've been trying to gradually get into competitive Pokémon. Although I've tried out some VGC style teams my heart beats for the Smogon OU single battles ever since I found out about Smogon (which was really just using Google and typing Pokémon terms).

Btw. My favourite Pokémon is Weezing. Who could withstand that cute little face that says: "Pleeease, kill me now!" ?

So, now for my reasons of writing this:
I'd really like to participate more on Smogon and want to get in touch with good players to rate my teams and take my game to the next level. Also, instead of just "using" this site, I'd very much like to feel part of it and contribute something now and then too.

I sincerely hope we'll get along and I am looking forward to reading your replies!

Cheerio!
Hey what's up threashmob, welcome to Smogon. I've also been addicted to anything Pokémon related since the first generation games. High five! And you're in a band too?! Another high five :D. I've been in several bands as well, since I've been drumming for 10+ years. Too bad there isn't much time for it anymore lately, so I kind of have to let it go. We even did some Pokemon covers, I wish they were still on YouTube..

I think the Rate My Team section is a good place for you (be sure to read the rules first though). In the Rate My Team section (RMT for short), players are generous enough to rate teams and give very useful feedback. They'll explain what works and what doesn't, and you'll definitely learn a lot from it. And another handy link for now: The Smogon Simple Questions thread. If you have any questions regarding Smogon and its forums, ask 'em there :)

Oh, and I like Weezing too. I guess we can be friends now?! :D

Yo!

I am Tesshin and I come from really cold place in Scandinavia called Finland. As you probably know, me being a Finn my main language isn't english so if you find some grammar errors in my texts, I apologize in advance. :]
Atm I am studying automotive engineering in Helsinki University of applied sciences. Someday I'd like to drive a car I've beeing part of producing.

I came back to pokemon after long hiatus right before XY came out. First Pokemon game I completed was Ruby and my first lvl.100 was Absol, called Abba. In XY I was quite into WiFi competitive but after ORAS release I havent build a competitive team in those games and have made a full switch into Showdown.
My favourite tier has become UU after Monotype being long time my favourite tier. As one could judge based on my avatar, Zoroark is my favourite pokemon and I like to make gimmicky teams around it.

Actually I had an account here before but since I didnt have any posts and it had stupid nickname I made a new account to introduce myself for good. *bows*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)