General Introduce yourself!

Yo!

I am Tesshin and I come from really cold place in Scandinavia called Finland. As you probably know, me being a Finn my main language isn't english so if you find some grammar errors in my texts, I apologize in advance. :] Atm I am studying automotive engineering in Helsinki University of applied sciences. Someday I'd like to drive a car I've beeing part of producing.

I came back to pokemon after long hiatus right before XY came out. First Pokemon game I completed was Ruby and my first lvl.100 was Absol, called Abba. In XY I was quite into WiFi competitive but after ORAS release I havent build a competitive team in those games and have made a full switch into Showdown.
My favourite tier has become UU after Monotype being long time my favourite tier. As one could judge based on my avatar, Zoroark is my favourite pokemon and I like to make gimmicky teams around it.

Actually I had an account here before but since I didnt have any posts and it had stupid nickname I made a new account to introduce myself for good. *bows*
Good day Tesshin, welcome to the site. I recently went to Finland (Helsinki, to be exact). I have to say that it's not too cold in my opinion.. But maybe that's because I'm from The Netherlands, where the weather is shitty 24/7. Don't worry about your English. It's just fine and understandable. Trust me, there are people here that barley even speak English. But wait, Zoroark is your favorite Pokemon, but Zorua is in your avatar.. Typo? ..ILLUSION?!

If you have any forum related questions, just ask 'em in the Simple Questions thread. Or just ask me, Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11 if you want to get more personal. We can help you with pretty much anything Smogon- and Pokémon related.

I really hope you enjoy your time here. See you around :)

Good day Tesshin, welcome to the site. I recently went to Finland (Helsinki, to be exact). I have to say that it's not too cold in my opinion.. But maybe that's because I'm from The Netherlands, where the weather is shitty 24/7. Don't worry about your English. It's just fine and understandable. Trust me, there are people here that barley even speak English. But wait, Zoroark is your favorite Pokemon, but Zorua is in your avatar.. Typo? ..ILLUSION?!

If you have any forum related questions, just ask 'em in the Simple Questions thread. Or just ask me, Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11 if you want to get more personal. We can help you with pretty much anything Smogon- and Pokémon related.

I really hope you enjoy your time here. See you around :)
Yeah, this winter have been especially nice so far but usually at this time of the year it is from -10 to -20 degrees celcius *ugh*.
First I wanted to have Zoroark as an avatar but none of the sprite gifs I found on google fitted the maximum bit size. And besides I like Zorua alot as well, actually if I'd have to choose partnering up with either in real life, I'd choose Zorua. :]
Cause you know, its cuter, smaller and would probably be generally more accepted as a pet companion than its evolved brotherin.

Hellao. My name is Eliza. I'm looking to: 1) have fun 2) get help with competitive breeding 3) make friends.

Hope my introduction is good enough.. Gosh I'm so bad at this ._.

Hellao. My name is Eliza. I'm looking to: 1) have fun 2) get help with competitive breeding 3) make friends.

Hope my introduction is good enough.. Gosh I'm so bad at this ._.
Hey Eliza, welcome to Smogon. I think I can definitely help you out with competitive breeding. I've been into it myself for ages so I pretty much know anything you need to know. Just throw me some questions and I'll gladly help you with them. Oh, and I can also be your friend if you want. That's 2/3 completed!

For what other reasons did you join Smogon (if there are any in particular)? I'd like to know so I can maybe show you around if you would be interested. There are definitely a lot of fun places out here. If you need any help during your time here, you can use the Smogon Simple Questions thread or the other Simple Questions Simple Answers threads, or you could PM me, Chesty, Dr Ciel, Erai14, QueBien, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer. In my experience these users are insanely friendly, and always willing to help!

Hope to see you around, Eliza :)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I am sorry for the bad intro lol. May I ask what your real name is? And I am very interested in your help. Hope you can teach me somethin!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I am sorry for the bad intro lol. May I ask what your real name is? And I am very interested in your help. Hope you can teach me somethin!
Don't worry about your introduction, it's just fine in my opinion. But of course, I'd also like to know more about you. My name is actually Noah. I'm 22 years old and I study audiovisual art. Would you mind telling some more about yourself? I'm very curious :)

Thats so dope. I am Eliza (orly?) and I am 21 years old. I study fine arts/photography at annart academy. I think we can get along well!

Hey most people here have Pokemon as their picture, but you dont. You made me curious too: Whats your favorite Pokemon?

Woops, I actually meant to say "an art academy".

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of double posting like that when you find an error in your post (which is against the rules), you can use the edit button that is right below your post to change something in the post :)

Thats so dope. I am Eliza (orly?) and I am 21 years old. I study fine arts/photography at annart academy. I think we can get along well!

Hey most people here have Pokemon as their picture, but you dont. You made me curious too: Whats your favorite Pokemon?
Fine arts, that's awesome. I actually applied for Fine Art when I first joined my art academy, but I wasn't completely at my place - hence I switched to Audiovisual Art :)

Just like I don't have a favorite food I actually don't have a favorite Pokemon.. I really like Shuckle, mainly because it has (or used to have, I'm not so up-to-date when it comes to newer Pokemon) the highest Defense stats. I remember way back in primary school when I used Shuckle to battle my friends. Its 252 HP / 252 Def spread used to surprise those fully physically offensive teams. Shuckle was definitely my go-to pal. For the rest, I like Kabuto and Kabutops because of their name and look. I like Steelix because it's the epitome of badass-ness in my opinion. I mean, an Iron Tail from that beast would totally demolish anything wouldn't it? How did Pikachu not instantly die?

Oh, and I like Cubone. But I think we all do.. Pokémon Origins makes me cry every single time ;_;.. What's your favorite Pokemon?

Aaaaand Ksh13 has to ruin the fun. jk

My favorite Pokemon is Wooper. That guy makes my heart melt every time...

I took a look at your trade thread and omg!!! You have so much I would want. I am so jealous. I saw theres also a free stuff section. I know I am new and everything, but do I apply for that too?6

Aaaaand Ksh13 has to ruin the fun. jk

My favorite Pokemon is Wooper. That guy makes my heart melt every time...

I took a look at your trade thread and omg!!! You have so much I would want. I am so jealous. I saw theres also a free stuff section. I know I am new and everything, but do I apply for that too?6
Don't mess with Ksh13, or I will sent my level 100 Adamant Steelix after you! Oh, and it's shiny.

Of course you are eligible for those free Pokemon. Free = free. For me there's no difference, whether you're a veteran member or a newbie or a dirty criminal. There's a tab that says "small introduction" in that free stuff section. Just follow those instructions and you'll be good to go.

Hi! As you can see with the user box on the left <--, I am Acebob11. I have a few favorite pokemon, like Ho-oh, and Feraligatr, and Gallade, and Mega Gallade, and - you know what? I'll just stop. I like the Gen 1 games (Minus Ghost), Pokemon Emerald, and Pokemon ORAS. I am also Acebob11 on Showdown!, in case anybody was wondering.

Hi! As you can see with the user box on the left <--, I am Acebob11. I have a few favorite pokemon, like Ho-oh, and Feraligatr, and Gallade, and Mega Gallade, and - you know what? I'll just stop. I like the Gen 1 games (Minus Ghost), Pokemon Emerald, and Pokemon ORAS. I am also Acebob11 on Showdown!, in case anybody was wondering.
Hey yo Acebob11, welcome to Smogon. I'm wondering, why the "11"? Was Acebob already taken, or is Acebob11 your nickname on every site? My very first nickname ever on a forum was "Powerboost925". Why? I just thought it looked cool. Please, don't make fun of me ;_;

I also like Generation I; Yellow was my first game and I became addicted instantly. Pokémon Gold is my all time favorite. The atmosphere is so amazing and all the themes make me cry every time. Why don't you tell some more about your goals on Smogon? What are you specifically looking for? I'd gladly show you some cool places :D

Hey yo Acebob11, welcome to Smogon. I'm wondering, why the "11"? Was Acebob already taken, or is Acebob11 your nickname on every site? My very first nickname ever on a forum was "Powerboost925". Why? I just thought it looked cool. Please, don't make fun of me ;_;

I also like Generation I; Yellow was my first game and I became addicted instantly. Pokémon Gold is my all time favorite. The atmosphere is so amazing and all the themes make me cry every time. Why don't you tell some more about your goals on Smogon? What are you specifically looking for? I'd gladly show you some cool places :D
Yes, Acebob11 is my username on every site, and I created it when I was about 7 on pokemon.com. I have used it ever since just because I kind of like it. I don't really know all the mechanics of Smogon yet, and I am still tinkering around with things, so I don't really have set goals yet, other then I like helping people, discussing things, and playing pokemon, so I decided to join the site to contribute. I would be happy if you could show my around and show me how everything works!

Yes, Acebob11 is my username on every site, and I created it when I was about 7 on pokemon.com. I have used it ever since just because I kind of like it. I don't really know all the mechanics of Smogon yet, and I am still tinkering around with things, so I don't really have set goals yet, other then I like helping people, discussing things, and playing pokemon, so I decided to join the site to contribute. I would be happy if you could show my around and show me how everything works!
I can recommend you the Orange Islands subforum. Everything from Pokémon Snap to Pokémon Adventures, discussion related to existing Pokémon games, anime, or manga goes there. It's a really fun place to be honest, and I hang out there quite a lot. Another useful place is The Smogon Simple Questions thread. If you have any questions regarding Smogon and its forums, ask 'em there. If you like to help or get helped with teambuilding, check out the Rate My Team section. Tere people can rate teams and give feedback on how to use them optimally. And if you want to help others out with minor requests, you should definitely check out the Simple Questions/Requests thread in the Wi-Fi section. In that thread you can help or request help for minor Pokemon trades, item requests, etc.

Those are a few places I visit often. I hope you like them as well :)

Hey what's up threashmob, welcome to Smogon. I've also been addicted to anything Pokémon related since the first generation games. High five! And you're in a band too?! Another high five :D. I've been in several bands as well, since I've been drumming for 10+ years. Too bad there isn't much time for it anymore lately, so I kind of have to let it go. We even did some Pokemon covers, I wish they were still on YouTube..

I think the Rate My Team section is a good place for you (be sure to read the rules first though). In the Rate My Team section (RMT for short), players are generous enough to rate teams and give very useful feedback. They'll explain what works and what doesn't, and you'll definitely learn a lot from it. And another handy link for now: The Smogon Simple Questions thread. If you have any questions regarding Smogon and its forums, ask 'em there :)

Oh, and I like Weezing too. I guess we can be friends now?! :D
Yeeeah, high five, dude! :D

About the music: I feel you, bro. It gets harder and harder to gather everyone and rehearse as we want to but somehow we'll manage. I'd very much love to see these videos. A shame they aren't online anymore!

Btw. I play the bass. I didn't mention that, did I?

Well, thanks for the heads up concerning the RMT stuff, I'll look into that shortly and will upload a team then. I am really anxious to hear what you Smogoners might say about my ideas.

Ya, let's be Weezing-buddies! :D

Yeeeah, high five, dude! :D

About the music: I feel you, bro. It gets harder and harder to gather everyone and rehearse as we want to but somehow we'll manage. I'd very much love to see these videos. A shame they aren't online anymore!

Btw. I play the bass. I didn't mention that, did I?

Well, thanks for the heads up concerning the RMT stuff, I'll look into that shortly and will upload a team then. I am really anxious to hear what you Smogoners might say about my ideas.

Ya, let's be Weezing-buddies! :D
Bass, that's awesome. For the past few hours I have been bouncing on the bass line of this track:

Don't be shocked by the criticism you might get on your teams. It's all just to help you. Nobody has negative intentions. And trust me, you'll eventually thank them for it. Glad my recommendations are useful.

Heya! I am Jake (Temmie) and my favorite Pokemon is Swirlix, I am on PS and I plan to find strategies for Pokemon that just never get the spotlight. But I might need help with demonstrating my strategies since, I don't really know how to explain most of them. My favorite Pokemon games are Emerald and X.

Heya! I am Jake (Temmie) and my favorite Pokemon is Swirlix, I am on PS and I plan to find strategies for Pokemon that just never get the spotlight. But I might need help with demonstrating my strategies since, I don't really know how to explain most of them. My favorite Pokemon games are Emerald and X.
Hey Jake/Temmie, welcome to the site. First of all, I burst out laughing when I saw your avatar. It's so awesome, lol. Anyhow, why is Swirlix your favorite Pokemon? In my opinion it's one of the less interesting ones. But I'm very curious about your opinion about it. What do you exactly mean with "demonstrating your strategies"? Do you want to share your teams? Let me know, and perhaps I could help you out. And if I come off as unfriendly, you can also talk to Chesty, Dr Ciel, Erai14, QueBien, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer. I'm pretty sure they are also willing to help you find your spot here.

Have fun on these forums and I hope to see you around :)

Hey Jake/Temmie, welcome to the site. First of all, I burst out laughing when I saw your avatar. It's so awesome, lol. Anyhow, why is Swirlix your favorite Pokemon? In my opinion it's one of the less interesting ones. But I'm very curious about your opinion about it. What do you exactly mean with "demonstrating your strategies"? Do you want to share your teams? Let me know, and perhaps I could help you out. And if I come off as unfriendly, you can also talk to Chesty, Dr Ciel, Erai14, QueBien, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer. I'm pretty sure they are also willing to help you find your spot here.

Have fun on these forums and I hope to see you around :)
Thanks, Swirlix is my favorite because he's a weird thing. He's a weird cream puff dog that can learn moves that wouldn't expect a cream puff dog thing to have, like a flamethrower, or acid. Anyways, I want to show people my teams and sets and show that I can think creatively; like that time I absolutely destroyed an entire team with my Pikachu-Belle or when I completely surprised someone with an irregular Donphan set. I specifically like using Pokemon no one uses since I'm just not to good at higher tiers like OU or UU. I come up with pretty good strategies and sometimes I want to show people, "Hey there's a lot of potential with this guy." But I don't really know how to explain or demonstrate the potential without sounding incredibly unprofessional. So all I think I need help with is just how to put my thoughts or strategies into words. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this!

Thanks, Swirlix is my favorite because he's a weird thing. He's a weird cream puff dog that can learn moves that wouldn't expect a cream puff dog thing to have, like a flamethrower, or acid. Anyways, I want to show people my teams and sets and show that I can think creatively; like that time I absolutely destroyed an entire team with my Pikachu-Belle or when I completely surprised someone with an irregular Donphan set. I specifically like using Pokemon no one uses since I'm just not to good at higher tiers like OU or UU. I come up with pretty good strategies and sometimes I want to show people, "Hey there's a lot of potential with this guy." But I don't really know how to explain or demonstrate the potential without sounding incredibly unprofessional. So all I think I need help with is just how to put my thoughts or strategies into words. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this!
It looks like you just want to show off your teams and strategies, and back them up with your own argumentation. I'd suggest taking a look at the Rate My Team section. Experienced people there are kind enough to rate your teams and give feedback and tips. Make sure you read the rules first though, as they're quite important. I hope you can find some joy there.

It looks like you just want to show off your teams and strategies, and back them up with your own argumentation. I'd suggest taking a look at the Rate My Team section. Experienced people there are kind enough to rate your teams and give feedback and tips. Make sure you read the rules first though, as they're quite important. I hope you can find some joy there.
Thank you so much! Appreciate the tip.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Fixed your double post all g (many people do it I just run behind them like a janitor cleaning up after them).

Also yay photography! I'm gonna start a photography business sometime by the end of next year probably (I've shit at weddings, kids parties, event but nothing super serious by myself yet, only as assistant). Gonna be expanding over the new year and taking a short online course because I already went through uni once and not doing that again lol but yeah if you ever want critique etc chat to me (if you can't find me I'm in like almost every sticky here). Oh and make a smeargles studio thread if you haven't either yet already. C: welcome!

Fixed your double post all g (many people do it I just run behind them like a janitor cleaning up after them).

Also yay photography! I'm gonna start a photography business sometime by the end of next year probably (I've shit at weddings, kids parties, event but nothing super serious by myself yet, only as assistant). Gonna be expanding over the new year and taking a short online course because I already went through uni once and not doing that again lol but yeah if you ever want critique etc chat to me (if you can't find me I'm in like almost every sticky here). Oh and make a smeargles studio thread if you haven't either yet already. C: welcome!
You've shit at weddings, yes? I actually had to shit once at a wedding, but there was no toilet nearby. But at kids parties? C'mon man!

But in all seriousness, I'm not planning to do anything commercial, unlike you I suppose. I rather work in an autonomous way.

User Fluke already recommended me to check out Smeargles Studio thing. Really nice section! I may make a topic there when I feel like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)