General Introduce yourself!

Wow! Lots if information! Anyway, Welcome to Smogon Xenomata ! Haha, SS was a cool game. Me and my brother played that a lot. Mawile is a cool mon, I like it. Its typing is really cool, and the cooltrainers in Victory Road in Emerald always had good ones LOL. Also, This is the best place to get into Competitive Battling so that is good! Also what is Kumoricon? I have never heard of that. Also, I don't think you went overboard, you are just letting people get to know you!

Anyways, I hope you find Smogon fun and interesting! Have a great day!
I hope so to, especially the competitive part. What point is competitiveness if the competitors aren't having fun?
Kumoricon is an anime convention in Washington. It's fairly small, but since it's in the area (I live in Oregon) it's something to look forward to whenever it comes around. They usually have an area set aside for Pokemon, you know TCG, arts and crafts, meeting up with other players, and notably competitive battling. Like I said, I took part in the small tourney, but I was in second place both times. Friggin Typhlosion with choice something in sunlight using eruption...

Hi Everyone Guys ^_^ I am known as MightySwagger013 on ps and I just enjoy chillin in OU Room.Nice to meet you guys and have a good time here on PS :).

Also,if you want to get your team tested for OU,feel free to pm me whenever you want to :D

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Hi Everyone Guys ^_^ I am known as MightySwagger013 on ps and I just enjoy chillin in OU Room.Nice to meet you guys and have a good time here on PS :).

Also,if you want to get your team tested for OU,feel free to pm me whenever you want to :D

Hi n_n

It's nice to meet you too! OU is one of my favourite tiers, alongside LC and Monotype! I actually do have an OU team lurking in my folders, untouched so what I'll do is I'll PM you on main and maybe we can battle :]

Have a nice day, and if you have any questions, just VM me.

Hi I'm not going to tell my name
my favorite pokemons are 2) Glaceon 1) leafeon :P
I have 2 accounts on PS, L2KRS5EXZX0, and ExtremeDerples. My avatar is yellow, but otherwise Cynthia gen 5.
My favorite game is Pokémon diamond and pearl because 1+1=3 and :

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Hi I'm not going to tell my name
my favorite pokemons are 2) Glaceon 1) leafeon :P
I have 2 accounts on PS, L2KRS5EXZX0, and ExtremeDerples. My avatar is yellow, but otherwise Cynthia gen 5.
My favorite game is Pokémon diamond and pearl because 1+1=3 and :
Lol cx

Nice to meet you, anyway n_n

My favourite games are Pokemon HG & SS - I didn't really develop a liking for Gen 4 because I found the storyboard a bit boring.

If you've got any questions, just VM me :]

I'm not sure how this really works but I'm Daycon and I've been a lurker on the forums since 2011 now. Back in the day I used the Wifi Battle Finder to get started with mons competitively. I just can't remember the username for that lol.
I've been using PS for a couple years but have created so many accounts I can't keep track of all of them.
I would really like to become the kind of player who has the skill to compete in the SPL and become recognized in the community.
I need a lot of help to get to where I want to be. I understand laddering is essential to becoming good at pokemon but when I played the game the most was during BW/BW2. Once XY was released I played it for about a month and didn't touch the game again until November 2015. I'm stuck in a rut and would appreciate some tutoring to help improve my game to become better.
I'm 19, been playing mons off and on since 2011. I recently graduated high school and starting working construction pouring concrete for commercial businesses. I listen to a lot of rap/hip hop; Drake is fire and that's that. But I'm also the kind of guy that knows ballroom and latin dances.
Pokémon Sapphire is my favorite game because it what I spent the most time playing and was my first game of the series. Nothing will be better than the first time experiencing any pokemon game.
*****TLDR: Weird ass variety of hobbies and interests. Long time lurker. Help me not be low ladder shit; message me and tutor me plea

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
I'm not sure how this really works but I'm Daycon and I've been a lurker on the forums since 2011 now. Back in the day I used the Wifi Battle Finder to get started with mons competitively. I just can't remember the username for that lol.
I've been using PS for a couple years but have created so many accounts I can't keep track of all of them.
I would really like to become the kind of player who has the skill to compete in the SPL and become recognized in the community.
I need a lot of help to get to where I want to be. I understand laddering is essential to becoming good at pokemon but when I played the game the most was during BW/BW2. Once XY was released I played it for about a month and didn't touch the game again until November 2015. I'm stuck in a rut and would appreciate some tutoring to help improve my game to become better.
I'm 19, been playing mons off and on since 2011. I recently graduated high school and starting working construction pouring concrete for commercial businesses. I listen to a lot of rap/hip hop; Drake is fire and that's that. But I'm also the kind of guy that knows ballroom and latin dances.
Pokémon Sapphire is my favorite game because it what I spent the most time playing and was my first game of the series. Nothing will be better than the first time experiencing any pokemon game.
*****TLDR: Weird ass variety of hobbies and interests. Long time lurker. Help me not be low ladder shit; message me and tutor me plea
Hey DAYCON!
Great you decided to join! Because you're looking to improve your competitive battling skills, here are some things you can do.
Firstly, get involved! There are many ways for you to join the competitive community. Chatrooms in PS! are a great way for you to meet other players and discuss everything about the metagame. You can find the OU room here and the UU room here.
The Competitive Discussion forum is another good place for intelligent discussion of the metagame. If you're interested and want to start posting, read over the rules first. For instance, if you're looking to get into OU, some of the threads you may find useful are the Viability Rankings and the Metagame Discussion threads.
The Tutoring Program is also a good way for beginners to learn valuable skills. In the program, apprentices are taught by tutors via one-on-one sessions in the tier of their choice. If you're interested, check out the Battling 101 forum for more information. You can apply for the program when the next sign-ups thread opens, but be sure to read the rules first!
Most importantly, practice! Practice makes perfect, as they say. The best way to learn important skills such as predicting opponents and teambuilding is practice, as the most rewarding way to learn what works and what doesn't is through trial and error.
Emerald was my first Pokemon game, and I completely agree with you that no other game will ever be the same as the one first played. I played Y next, then jumped around from generation to generation, but to me, the third generation will always be the best. Anyway, if you need anything else, feel free to ask me. Have a great time here!

Hello I'm Zeph uh kinda nervous, came here seeking people who know about the meta game pokemon, I'm hoping to make some friends on here although i'm not really good at pokemon :/

My avi is a bucket of chicken maybe it'll help me get the right kind of friends *shrugs*

Hi n_n

It's nice to meet you too! OU is one of my favourite tiers, alongside LC and Monotype! I actually do have an OU team lurking in my folders, untouched so what I'll do is I'll PM you on main and maybe we can battle :]

Yea
Hi n_n

Thanks a ton !

Hello I'm Zeph uh kinda nervous, came here seeking people who know about the meta game pokemon, I'm hoping to make some friends on here although i'm not really good at pokemon :/

My avi is a bucket of chicken maybe it'll help me get the right kind of friends *shrugs*
You've got your first friend bruh coz of kfc.Btw hi :)

Probably it's a bit lot late to introduce myself but since i plan to be more active in the forums, here i go:

Hi I'm Andrew, but you can call me Andy, I'm 19 years old and I'm RO in portuguese room, so if you want to visit us, you are welcome :)

I live in Portugal and I play Pokémon since i was 4 years old, when i played pokemon Blue. Idk wjat to say more, so it's all :I

Probably it's a bit lot late to introduce myself but since i plan to be more active in the forums, here i go:

Hi I'm Andrew, but you can call me Andy, I'm 19 years old and I'm RO in portuguese room, so if you want to visit us, you are welcome :)

I live in Portugal and I play Pokémon since i was 4 years old, when i played pokemon Blue. Idk wjat to say more, so it's all :I
[13:18:19] @Nayuki:Tinha que ter emoji

don't be nervous mate a lot of people on here are very willing to help new-ish players. I suggest going to the tutor room on pokemon showdown or on the forum. Read the intro threads to know how to request one and youll get where you want to be!

And here I was asking myself how it came to be that someone with so few posts has the pre-contributor badge :D Nice to meet you RO Andy. You (portugese) guys are doing a pretty good job on showdown! i've seen you guys averaging more and more players each month so thumbs up for that!!

Sobi

Banned deucer.

Hi Zeph! Welcome to the forums! I hope you're having a good day!
If you ever need help with the metagame, just look at this section and you'll see discussions of the many metagames Pokemon Showdown have to offer. You don't need to partake in those discussions but you can follow the thread by clicking on the "watch thread" button. If you don't know where it is, refer to the screenshot I have provided.

Oh, and if you're a lover of food, may I suggest the "Cafe Le Wow" room on main? I think it would be the right place for you, since you like food. Also, if you need help with competitive Pokemon, just go to the "CT" room on main, or the respective room for the tier; eg, "NU" room if you need help with the "NU" tier. If you need help with a team being rated, you can go to the "RMT" room on main, or you can go to the "RMT" thread here!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to leave a post on my profile page, or just PM me.
Have a nice day.
Sobi.

Hi Zeph! Welcome to the forums! I hope you're having a good day!
If you ever need help with the metagame, just look at this section and you'll see discussions of the many metagames Pokemon Showdown have to offer. You don't need to partake in those discussions but you can follow the thread by clicking on the "watch thread" button. If you don't know where it is, refer to the screenshot I have provided.

Oh, and if you're a lover of food, may I suggest the "Cafe Le Wow" room on main? I think it would be the right place for you, since you like food. Also, if you need help with competitive Pokemon, just go to the "CT" room on main, or the respective room for the tier; eg, "NU" room if you need help with the "NU" tier. If you need help with a team being rated, you can go to the "RMT" room on main, or you can go to the "RMT" thread here!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to leave a post on my profile page, or just PM me.
Have a nice day.
Sobi.

Thank you

I'm checking out all sorts of pokemon Pretty much want to master OU though it's my favorite format so far. Anyways i love food so i'll think about checking out the cafe le wow.

Maybe we can battle sometime. I'm Geth Lord of Dark on PS

Last edited:

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Thank you

I'm checking out all sorts of pokemon Pretty much want to master OU though it's my favorite format so far. Anyways i love food so i'll think about checking out the cafe le wow.

Maybe we can battle sometime. I'm Geth Lord of Dark on PS
Yeah, sure; let's battle. I don't really play OU but it isn't that difficult. (on main, you'll see me under the alt, "Suadela".)

Hy Im Kyuu, Im 17 and Im new here ^_^
My favourite pokemon is Treecko and i started playing at gen 3: Pokemon Emerald, and I want to learn more about pokemon battling cause there are still so much to learn, Thanks ^_^

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hy Im Kyuu, Im 17 and Im new here ^_^
My favourite pokemon is Treecko and i started playing at gen 3: Pokemon Emerald, and I want to learn more about pokemon battling cause there are still so much to learn, Thanks ^_^
Hey Kyuu!
Welcome to Smogon! Is there a specific tier you are interested in learning more about? If not, that's perfectly fine. Feel free to explore! If you're just getting started, Random Battles are a good way for you to learn the basics of competitive battling and also get an idea of how well many Pokemon perform. Tiers like OverUsed and UnderUsed are popular tiers to ladder in, once you know the basics. If you want an interesting tier with different rules from the standard OU, UU, etc., check out the Other Metas. My personal favorite tier is Monotype, because I enjoy building teams of a single type to withstand types they are weak to as well as types they are neutral to.
You might also be interested in the Battling 101 Program, which is Smogon's Tutoring Program. If you would like to better develop important skills like teambuilding while simultaneously learning more about the metagame, signing up as an apprentice might be a great experience for you.
If you have any questions, shoot me a PM or VM and I'll be happy to help. Enjoy your time here! :)

• My favorite pokemon, it's hard to pick one! Top 3 Gengar, Volcarona and Sylveon. But if I picked one of these three it's Gengar.
  • I'm not sure what the PS is...(I just realized what it is I think)
  • I hope to get involved in the art side of things, while also learning more about competitive battling ect.
  • I have used the smogon dex to make pokemon in game, but really suck at putting a good team together. I normally have 2 or 3 that work well and the rest don't so much. I need help with building functional teams.
  • I am 25 years old, live in the midwest, and love to digitally draw. Im into alt fashions like lolita. I have a pet sphynx, the kind with no fur! When I was 9 I was in the middle of fighting the elite 4 on my red copy when my mom made me share my game with my cousin. She then saved over my game even though I told her not to. I told my mom I hated her, and my cousin and had a tantrum in my room about it....I still do not forgive her lol
  • Honestly my favorite games are platinum, white, and y.

Last edited:

Sobi

Banned deucer.
  • My favorite pokemon, it's hard to pick one! Top 3 Gengar, Volcarona and Sylveon. But if I picked one of these three it's Gengar.
  • I'm not sure what the PS is...
  • I hope to get involved in the art side of things, while also learning more about competitive battling ect.
  • I have used the smogon dex to make pokemon in game, but really suck at putting a good team together. I normally have 2 or 3 that work well and the rest don't so much. I need help with building functional teams.
  • I am 25 years old, live in the midwest, and love to digitally draw. Im into alt fashions like lolita. I have a pet sphynx, the kind with no fur! When I was 9 I was in the middle of fighting the elite 4 on my red copy when my mom made me share my game with my cousin. She then saved over my game even though I told her not to. I told my mom I hated her, and my cousin and had a tantrum in my room about it....I still do not forgive her lol
  • Honestly my favorite games are platinum, white, and y.
Hey there, bukiguts, and welcome to Smogon! I think Sylveon is a pretty neat Pokemon too. It's quite strong and the Pixilate ability allows it to deal quite a significant amount of damage.

PS, is Pokemon Showdown for short, and is a battle simulator which is associated with Smogon. You can find the link for it, here. If you have any questions about it, just see the 'Help' room where you will be able to get the help you need.

You seem like a pretty "arty" person, so why not check out this thread? You'll be able to share your artwork and hopefully get some good comments as well as things to maybe develop or improve on. If you ever need help with teams, just check out the "CT" room on main as well as the format room, (OU room for OU, UU room for UU and so on!). You can also check out some of the competitive threads here and read some of the RMT's (rate my teams) or Pokemon Analysis' to maybe get an idea of how certain Pokemon are used competitively. If you want to talk 'bout fashion, you might want to check out the "Cosmopolitan" room on main, or this thread where you could have a discussion with other users. You'll meet a lot of people that share the same passion with you there.

I hope you settle in well to the forums - if you have any questions, just PM me (click on my username, then "start a conversation") or leave a post on my profile page!

P.S - I battle a bit in the Monotype and LC tier, so if you need help testing a team, just PM or VM me and maybe we could arrange a battle.

P.P.S - for no apparent reason, I'll just link this article. Have a read of it! It's pretty interesting! (you also get an idea about competitive Pokemon and how it works.)

Last edited:
Hey there, bukiguts, and welcome to Smogon! I think Sylveon is a pretty neat Pokemon too. It's quite strong and the Pixilate ability allows it to deal quite a significant amount of damage.

PS, is Pokemon Showdown for short, and is a battle simulator which is associated with Smogon. You can find the link for it, here. If you have any questions about it, just see the 'Help' room where you will be able to get the help you need.

You seem like a pretty "arty" person, so why not check out this thread? You'll be able to share your artwork and hopefully get some good comments as well as things to maybe develop or improve on. If you ever need help with teams, just check out the "CT" room on main as well as the format room, (OU room for OU, UU room for UU and so on!). You can also check out some of the competitive threads here and read some of the RMT's (rate my teams) or Pokemon Analysis' to maybe get an idea of how certain Pokemon are used competitively. If you want to talk 'bout fashion, you might want to check out the "Cosmopolitan" room on main, or this thread where you could have a discussion with other users. You'll meet a lot of people that share the same passion with you there.

I hope you settle in well to the forums - if you have any questions, just PM me (click on my username, then "start a conversation") or leave a post on my profile page!

P.S - I battle a bit in the Monotype and LC tier, so if you need help testing a team, just PM or VM me and maybe we could arrange a battle.

P.P.S - for no apparent reason, I'll just link this article. Have a read of it! It's pretty interesting! (you also get an idea about competitive Pokemon and how it works.)
I went ahead and register an account on PS as bukiguts for future use. I saw the tutoring thing, and hope to join it when it opens next.

• I guess one of my biggest problems when it comes to team building, I go with pokemon I like, or that are aesthetically pleasing rather than who all work together. Apart of it is I just don't know what would be best either.

I really wish I could make gengar, sylveon and volcarona all work well on a team together but when I try things fall apart. There are a couple of different teams I am interested in building, not sure what they'd fall under tier wise tho.

If I could have a team with my fav three that would be great.I am interested in an monoghost, monofairy team.I enjoy using annoying pokemon, so an annoying as heck teamI also want a team of ghost, poision, and fairy.

I am going to Acen 2016 dressed as a punk team rocket member. I'll have my 3ds on me to battle every one I possibly can! I want a good team, thought about even using 'team rocket only' pokemon but idk how functional that would be...

When it comes to posting for team building help, would it be best to just make a thread stating I need help? Thought I read someplace you have to have a team in mind already ; - ;
  • Klefki and Sylveon are my absolute favorite fairy types! I like that article about the lovely fairies

Sobi

Banned deucer.
I went ahead and register an account on PS as bukiguts for future use. I saw the tutoring thing, and hope to join it when it opens next.

• I guess one of my biggest problems when it comes to team building, I go with pokemon I like, or that are aesthetically pleasing rather than who all work together. Apart of it is I just don't know what would be best either.

I really wish I could make gengar, sylveon and volcarona all work well on a team together but when I try things fall apart. There are a couple of different teams I am interested in building, not sure what they'd fall under tier wise tho.

If I could have a team with my fav three that would be great.I am interested in an monoghost, monofairy team.I enjoy using annoying pokemon, so an annoying as heck teamI also want a team of ghost, poision, and fairy.

I am going to Acen 2016 dressed as a punk team rocket member. I'll have my 3ds on me to battle every one I possibly can! I want a good team, thought about even using 'team rocket only' pokemon but idk how functional that would be...

When it comes to posting for team building help, would it be best to just make a thread stating I need help? Thought I read someplace you have to have a team in mind already ; - ;
  • Klefki and Sylveon are my absolute favorite fairy types! I like that article about the lovely fairies

Right, so, from what I can infer, you need help with grasping the concept of competitive Pokémon which is not at all a problem. I suggest you hang about the CT room and maybe ask someone there to help you with making a team or for some team ideas. You can also visit the Monotype room and use the resources they have to help you.

If you've got any queries or questions, just PM me (by starting a conversation when you click on my name) or leave a post on my profile page.

Good Luck!
Sobi.

Edit: See http://www.smogon.com/smogon-info-hub/help. If you need some advice on something, just fill in the form and you'll get an answer in the coming days or so. Make sure you provide a bit of insight into what you want though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)