Ubers Iron Moth

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
[SET]
name: Agility
move 1: Agility
move 2: Fiery Dance
move 3: Psychic
move 4: Dazzling Gleam / Energy Ball
item: Booster Energy
ability: Quark Drive
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Modest
tera type: Fairy / Grass

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Iron Moth functions as a late-game cleaner with the combination of Agility and Booster Energy and aids hyper offense teams by absorbing Toxic Spikes.
  • Psychic lets Iron Moth break past Clodsire and Toxapex, 2HKOing both after minimal chip. Sludge Wave can be run instead to deal with the plethora of foes that wish to Terastallize into the Fairy typing.
  • Tera Fairy should be used in conjunction with Dazzling Gleam to OHKO Koraidon and Miraidon and improve the Chien-Pao matchup by making Iron Moth harder to revenge kill with priority.
  • Alternatively, Tera Grass boosts Energy Ball, allowing it to 2HKO Ting-Lu and OHKO Garganacl, and removes Iron Moth's weaknesses to Ground and Rock.
  • Iron Moth functions best on offensive teams, where it can set up on and pick off weakened foes.
  • Koraidon is a good partner, as it sets sun, can bring Iron Moth in safely with U-turn, and can help overwhelm their shared checks, such as Skeledirge, Dachsbun, and Pelipper.
  • Spikes setters such as Glimmora and Froslass are also appreciated, allowing Iron Moth to get KOs it otherwise would not be able to such as the 2HKO on Garganacl and the OHKO on Great Tusk.
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Lasen, 273339]]
- Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [ox04, 507268]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Aurora, 109385]]

Last edited:

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
This is the Iron Moth set I have been using:

Iron Moth @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Agility
- Dazzling Gleam

The main benefit over Grass is that in exchange for the Ground resist, you can keep your STAB Sludge Wave which is pretty good against neutral targets and all the Tera Fairy shit. Dazzling Gleam should take out Korai without needing chip. Fairy also makes Ice Shard and Sucker Punch from Chien-Pao a lot less annoying. Clodsire and Garg def a bit more of a problem tho. I think it's worth slashing these options.

The HP EVs are dump but 307 speed is basically all you need, as it beats +1 Iron Bundle after an Agility.

I like Moth as an option on dedicated HO teams as it is a good cleaner that also absorbs TSpikes, which is great to secure the MU against Glimmora, Toxapex, and Clodsire teams.

Tera Fairy should be user in conjuction
I'm guessing you meant should be used.

The main thing I want to say is that I have been using the same moveset as Manaphy was (but with the EV spread you suggested), and I gotta say, Tera Grass Energy Ball is very underwhelming when compared to Tera Fairy Dazzling Gleam. Watch this:
252+ SpA Quark Drive Tera Fairy Iron Moth Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Miraidon: 350-414 (102.6 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Be sure to mention this.

Essentially, Tera Fairy hits all the same mons while also OHKOing both Miraidon and Koraidon (all except the uncommon Garg) and that's why I believe it's much better. Iron Moth is not at all threatening with Tera Grass AND it's one dimensional. And of course, the ability to set up on Koraidon is much more valuable than the ability to set up on Ting-Lu or any other Earthquake for that matter. This set should be first slash.

Psyshock Flutter Mane is another fantastic partner, luring in and beating Blissey which Iron Moth struggles with
I don't see how it does, look:
252 SpA Choice Specs Flutter Mane Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 243-287 (37.2 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
I think it's best to just remove that point.

QC: 2/2. Lmk if you disagree or I misunderstood something.

add
remove
comments

[SET]
name: Agility
move 1: Agility
move 2: Fiery Dance
move 3: Psychic
move 4: Dazzling Gleam / Energy Ball
item: Booster Energy
ability: Quark Drive
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Modest
tera type: Fairy / Grass

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Iron Moth functions as a late-game cleaner with the combination of Agility and Booster Energy and aids hyper offense teams by absorbing Toxic Spikes.
  • Psychic lets Iron Moth break past Clodsire and Toxapex, 2HKOing both after minimal chip. Sludge Wave can be run instead to deal with the plethora of foes that wish to Terastallize into the Fairy-type. Fairy typing.
  • Tera Fairy should be used in conjunction with Dazzling Gleam to OHKO Koraidon and Miraidon and improve the Chien-Pao matchup by making Iron Moth harder to revenge kill with priority.
  • Alternatively, Tera Grass lets Iron Moth beat Ting-Lu and Garganacl, removing its weakness weaknesses to Ground and Rock and boosting Energy Ball so that it can 2HKO the former and OHKO the latter. Alternatively, Tera Grass boosts Energy Ball, allowing it to 2HKO Ting-Lu and OHKO Garganacl, and removes Iron Moth's weaknesses to Ground and Rock. (making this a bit more concise)
  • Iron Moth functions best on offensive teams, (add comma) where it can set up on and pick off weakened foes.
  • Koraidon is a good partner, (add comma) as it sets sun, can bring Iron Moth in safely with U-turn, and can help overwhelm their shared checks, such as Skeledirge, Dachsbun, and Pelipper.
  • Spikes setters such as Glimmora and Froslass are also appreciated, allowing Iron Moth to get KOs it otherwise would not be able to such as 2HKOing the 2HKO on Garganacl and OHKOing the OHKO on Great Tusk.
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Lasen, 273339]]
- Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [ox04, 507268]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Aurora, 109385]]

GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)