NOC Islands Mafia - END: Shipwreck

Status
Not open for further replies.
the plan would be:
TownMoody leaves today
Tomorrow, Heal confirms whether of not our scum count is the same, letting us know Moody's faction
And then, Whydon can reliably pass this info to the other islands

Ok, now that I can finally have some time for this, here's why FH is scum

Also, honestly.

ngl, mxmts seems like a good lynch. It's entirely a long shot but we have a blizzard here and apparantly a claim to talk to other islands (which I haven't seen on my island)

and there's also apparantly a claim for a freezer - which is 1000% never a town role. So again long shot, but blizzard + freeze (aka two ice roles) + unconfirmed communication ability seems pretty scummy to me.

That said, can anyone else verify the freezer ability?
The logic in this post is incredibly baffling. I would have been okay if FH, simply argue that my alignment is not guaranteed town just because of the blizzard, being paranoid would be justifiable in his situation. However, just after the day start, on his first post with real content, he chooses to ignore Viper/Moody, and goes directly after the guy who allowed this communication to exist in the first place, using some weak reasoning to connect the blizzard and the silencer because lol, ice power (completely ignoring that two different people could easily have these kind of powers, to punish this type of reasoning). This shows that when under pressure, FH first instinct was to ignore the people that multiple people have told him they're more or less confirmed mafia, and instead attacks someone who showed a strong pro-town role, and by simply suggesting that I could be scum, but actively advising for my lynch, over the 2 suspicious players.

Yeah it was me. I can kick people off my island. Did so because

1. My island was completely dead
2. He was really annoying me and everyone else on the island (stuff like "you are scum!" me: "Why?" him: "I'll never tell" rest of island: >.>)
3. I was bored and wanted to use my ability lol
So, FH freely admits that he is the responsable for yesterday's mislynch. I already suspected that whoever sent SA to Akala was scum yesterday, because doing so helped Moody avoid getting caught by providing a distraction. It is also important to note that FH choose to get rid of the guy he found annoying not by lynching him (which I think it would have been fairly easy) but by simply kicking him out, letting him be somebody else problem. All in all, his claim is blatantly scummy, and it align perfectly with the strategy I already assumed that the scum team used.

how can anyone sane not see Former Hope as obvious scum here
Fixed it for you.

Mxmts, you make good reasoning. But you need to work on your tone. It's fake as hell.

I do this a lot as scum so let me point it out, you make 'perfect world' arguments where everything locks perfectly into place for your argument. While that's great when it's happening, it's also the sign of someone trying to make bullshit up that counters every possible angle. It works well on people who can be easily manipulated and don't read betwen the lines, but for anyone who has played awhile that stuff sticks out like a sore thumb.

KnightsofCydonia I'm half willing to believe you are town, mostly because you are pretty good at having your heart on your sleeve. But I do think you have been heavily manipulated by mxmts to focus on Viper.

First off, to resolve this N1 and N3 bull.

N1's kill was used to pop a BPV. So nothing there matters.

N3 kill, I don't know entirely, but I think what I'm getting is

N3 you hooked Viper and meanwhile earlio saw Heal visiting you. Now it could still be a redirector of course, but unless I'm mistaken then heal being seen and assuming a kill was attempted on you, means that the kill could not have been hooked because if it was, then heal shouldn't have been seen because the kill would just straight up fail. Meaning instead it was either on another island and shenanigans happened or empoof blocked it.

Mxmts, you make good reasoning. But you need to work on your tone. It's fake as hell.

I do this a lot as scum so let me point it out, you make 'perfect world' arguments where everything locks perfectly into place for your argument. While that's great when it's happening, it's also the sign of someone trying to make bullshit up that counters every possible angle. It works well on people who can be easily manipulated and don't read betwen the lines, but for anyone who has played awhile that stuff sticks out like a sore thumb.
I might need to work my tone, but I'm afraid that this is just how I play town, and can you expand on your "perfect world" idea? Because right now, I think that you being the fake one is the most likely result by a mile. If I'm understanding correctly, you're argument is basically that you did the worst possible thing at the worst possible time, and it was all just a mere coincidence.

Now back to talking about what it would take for Mx or I to be scum.

Let's talk out the logic required to follow this train of thought.

Me being scum requires two interconnected premises:

1) I wasn't actually the nightkill, even though Heal visited me as per his compulsive nk following ability and someone else saw him do it. This means that Heal was caught visiting his scumbuddy for reasons unknown and instead of saying he was something plausible like an OG or a Doc, he said I was supposed to die and he had nothing to do with that. Alternatively, it means that all three people in question are scum banking on theatrical bullshit.

2) I not only spent three days on an invested gambit campaign to bully a single player into getting mislynched, but I talked the rest of the scumteam into giving up two kills to back me up. Compare that to Animals where I got bussed instead of being able to talk you into a sacrifice play gambit.

---

Mx as scum requires that premise 1 above is false. There are a few premises that could be surmised:

A) Mx is not partnered with Viper and wasted two nightkills just to let one Townie tunnel another into oblivion.

B) Mx is partnered with Viper and let Viper continue to take heat and fake his way out of suspicion in the most dramatic way possible when he could have absolved the suspicion completely by taking on the N3 nightkill himself.

C) Alternatives of A and B where some other factors kept the nightkill from happening and scum have to rely on milking mislynches to get get the numbers game because they can't catch a break at night.
Here's where I talk about you like to get overconvoluted and too into your head. I speak from experience that when you do that, you are super easy to manipulate. Hell, I did it last game because you decided to lock in your head theories about what I would/wouldn't do as scum and because of that I was able to make the right pieces for LYLO.
For 1. First off, there's no real rhyme or reason to believe you were killed. Yes it's a good theory and a plausible one, but we shouldn't get hasty and assumed outright that's what happened when we are still missing so many peices and actions that night. Otherwise I think you are doing WIFOM scum buddy stuff here but IDR whta's thats in reference to and anyhow WIFOM scum buddy stuff is always worthless.

2. I honestly think here's what happened. You were the most active player on your island like you are here and you expressed your sr on viper. A scum member saw that and decided to freeze them for 2(? basing off what viper said and your summary) so that you would mislynch them. Otherwise like I said before, N1 kill is obvious and N3 we have theories but not enough info to assume anything yet.

I honestly think that you have just been very manipulated bud and Viper has been the designated mislynch by you.

I might need to work my tone, but I'm afraid that this is just how I play town, and can you expand on your "perfect world" idea? Because right now, I think that you being the fake one is the most likely result by a mile. If I'm understanding correctly, you're argument is basically that you did the worst possible thing at the worst possible time, and it was all just a mere coincidence.
Worst possible for you?
Otherwise what are you trying to say here? Straight up I was bored and didn't want to have to deal with him.

If you want to get more intimate, yeah I totally thought he might be mafia and also figured he would be an easy mislynch as town and so either way he needed to be lynched. So I kicked him off my island so someone else could resolve that while I tried to narrow it down on the island that I ruled.

Worst possible for you?
Otherwise what are you trying to say here? Straight up I was bored and didn't want to have to deal with him.

If you want to get more intimate, yeah I totally thought he might be mafia and also figured he would be an easy mislynch as town and so either way he needed to be lynched. So I kicked him off my island so someone else could resolve that while I tried to narrow it down on the island that I ruled.
And you ruled really well, lynching 2 townies was pretty impressive.

And if you were town (a possibility that fades away more and more as this conversation goes on), making us lynch SA would be a pretty bad scenario for you.

Moody and Viper are confirmed scum. Metal Sonic why did you came to Akala? Did people on your previous island know you were going to switch islands last night?
Off the bat tries to set up Moody/Viper as scum without explanation, and tries to throw shade at MS.

Yes you are viper
Very persistant on Viper. Again this strongly backs the idea msmts is the scum freezer with viper as a designated mislynch target.

I am the second Roleblocker, but I'm afraid that I can't give my full role today, because doing so would benefit scum more than town.
Missed this line the first time. This is actually a pretty big fucking deal because here he's essentially claiming that there's more to his role than Blizzard and roleblocking. He's already claimed both after all, so why be afraid to 'claim everything' when you have already claimed two (strong) abilities? Honestly, this is a pretty big fucking slip here.

If you really are town, you can still leave the island today, that way, as long as Heal survives tonight, we'll be able to clean you tomorrow thanks to Whydon.
He checks out for a long while...buthen without providing any direction in between he comes back with an idea. Another sort of slip here, one where he hasn't been discussing anything, pressuring scum reads or even trying to engage, rather he comes straight in with what peopel should do for lynches.

If I understood Whydon's role correctly, he should still be able to communicate us tomorrow. He is confirmed town, so he has no reason to lie. And in case that Moody was scum, we would get him lynched him on the other island, while we lynch Viper on ours, getting rid of both scums much more efficiently. Therefore, doing this gives us a clear advantage in the unlikely case that Moody is town.
Although I predict he's just going to stay to be an annoyance, further confirming his alignment.
The whydon part still doesn't make sense and more so, he's probably confused on some whydon aspect.

the plan would be:
TownMoody leaves today
Tomorrow, Heal confirms whether of not our scum count is the same, letting us know Moody's faction
And then, Whydon can reliably pass this info to the other islands
hmm. I'm going to go on a limb and say Heal/Mxmts/ET faction. I want to guess that Heal's abilit is something something neutral checker (we had a similar role in leet's last game but that's going meta) and when moody/smogon joined it triggered that. Or even otherwise, this plan counts on heal and thus if they are on the same team, like they seem to be, then all heal has to do is lie about moody and you can cause two mislynches.

Ok, now that I can finally have some time for this, here's why FH is scum

The logic in this post is incredibly baffling. I would have been okay if FH, simply argue that my alignment is not guaranteed town just because of the blizzard, being paranoid would be justifiable in his situation. However, just after the day start, on his first post with real content, he chooses to ignore Viper/Moody, and goes directly after the guy who allowed this communication to exist in the first place, using some weak reasoning to connect the blizzard and the silencer because lol, ice power (completely ignoring that two different people could easily have these kind of powers, to punish this type of reasoning). This shows that when under pressure, FH first instinct was to ignore the people that multiple people have told him they're more or less confirmed mafia, and instead attacks someone who showed a strong pro-town role, and by simply suggesting that I could be scum, but actively advising for my lynch, over the 2 suspicious players.

So, FH freely admits that he is the responsable for yesterday's mislynch. I already suspected that whoever sent SA to Akala was scum yesterday, because doing so helped Moody avoid getting caught by providing a distraction. It is also important to note that FH choose to get rid of the guy he found annoying not by lynching him (which I think it would have been fairly easy) but by simply kicking him out, letting him be somebody else problem. All in all, his claim is blatantly scummy, and it align perfectly with the strategy I already assumed that the scum team used.

Fixed it for you.
He OMGUS's hard. With stuff like "simply argue that my alignment is not guaranteed town " which is like hold on now. wtf, no oneis saying you are guaranteed town. Get off your scum horse and pretend to be town before acting like you know how to game solve.

Then he attacks me for not following the viper/moody situatino he has set up - again, showing signs of fear that I, like any other half decent player, choose to make up my own mind on people instead of following the crowd. And yes, freezer and blizzard could be unrelated....but it's more likely they aren't honestly. Also "who showed a strong pro-town role" like seriously wtf hooking nor this blizzard thing are in any possible way 'strongly pro town' I can show you games for days where mafia have hooks. And this blizzard ability, while is somewhat towny I'll give you that, is hte kind of nothing benefit that is good for a fake claim ability.

Otherwise, he does a lot of scarecrow arguments. He doesn't really try to analyze me at all, rather he goes "hey look! He did this! That means he's sucm guyz!!!" and makes arguments instead of I don't know, actually taking the time to analyze and read.

A weak post. "I'm not fake, you are the fake one!" and then rails on me/switches the topic to me for smogon accounts redirection.

And you ruled really well, lynching 2 townies was pretty impressive.
ty ty. But jokes aside, what is this post? It's like he's made up his mind. From what? just that action :blobshrug::blobshrug::blobshrug:
There is serious reason to consider mxmts because
1.Two hook claims on same island
2. ice themes
3. tunneling players wihtout analyzing or reason
but more so, it's just this dedicated trend where he declares someone is scum and just...does that. Nothign to try to create anything more than a half baked argument and more importantly, he does the noob scum move of stating he knows someone is scum instead of going through the motions of trying to analyze and break down behaviors and reasoning and taking the 50/50 gambit.

And if you were town (a possibility that fades away more and more as this conversation goes on), making us lynch SA would be a pretty bad scenario for you.
Why is that possibility fading? GO more into details. Actually, why don't you give me a through break down on your reads of everyone on Akala instead of skating by. As it happens, I am town and I thouht there was a decent chance SA was town though I also consciously realized he's near impossible to read in a haruno kind of way and so I simply said NIMBY.

Actually now that the blizzard has happened I think mxmts is pretty much guaranteed to be holding his townie card. He said he had a method communicating between islands, this blizzard is clearly it, he said he was going to do something cool to make sure everyone knew moody was scum, and he did it. Just having the blizzard power alone is enough to reliably call him a townie since it's a power that benefits town players and hurts neutrals and mafia. Really everything mxmts has said/done has panned out.

mxmts, please start leading this village. I think you have a better read on this since you were the only one who believed smogon when the rest of us should have been listening to you.
Ah, found it. The weird heal post.

Heal, explain in more detail please why you think blizzard *has* to be towny and why it helps town. More importantly.... why do you bring up neutrals? I can see it hurting mafia yes, since their communication advantage is gone. But neutrals? Neutrals aren't impacted at all here naturalyl....unless you wer attempting to get one lynched.

Then that weird af last line. Mxmts is hardly clear, but heal then is here trying to get us to follow him and his lynch viper/moody plan? It just doesn't make sense.

Also MoodyCloud you are really going to need to explain the cancerous mislynch.

How does this power benefits me ever as scum? If was was, I would never, EVER use the blizzard, and if I did, it would have been in the first cycle, to minimize the amount of info that town would be able to share. You would be just helping town communicate with each other, and the inability for town to communicate between islands is one of the strongest advantages that scum has in this set up. Your whole theory is absurd.

Ah, found it. The weird heal post.

Heal, explain in more detail please why you think blizzard *has* to be towny and why it helps town. More importantly.... why do you bring up neutrals? I can see it hurting mafia yes, since their communication advantage is gone. But neutrals? Neutrals aren't impacted at all here naturalyl....unless you wer attempting to get one lynched.

Then that weird af last line. Mxmts is hardly clear, but heal then is here trying to get us to follow him and his lynch viper/moody plan? It just doesn't make sense.

Also MoodyCloud you are really going to need to explain the cancerous mislynch.
I RVS voted cancerous, he voted me back, MS sheeped him with some bs reason then next to nothing happened until deadline got close so I claimed, people went "why would you get defensive with only two votes on you if you're town ???" when 2 votes was literally enough to get me mislynched, at deadline the votecount was 3 on me and 2 on cancerous yet he got lynched for some reason. Ditto moved that cycle.

Smashlloyd was the third vote onto me and prevented what looked like a double lynch by breaking the "tie" so assuming he knew about the double lynch rule I don't think he had any reason to vote that way ?
After that people were afk and I was left locked in an obnoxious 1v1 with Metalonic so I left.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
See what it looks like here is that moodycloud magically deflected and governored a correct lynch on him to a mislynch on cancerous then ran away to avoid consequences of getting lynched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)