Issue #30 Released!

Which article was your favourite in this issue?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have experienced the 4 stages of hax, but not the 5th, I will never accept hax, I will always be angry deep inside... great article by the way Treecko! It's so true.

I have a few comments on the "BH Threats Revealed" and I think a lot of it is highly inaccurate some of the "common threats" were common in the past, but are not actually common at all in the current metagame, such as Rhydon: 1850 statistics #45 in Balanced Hackmons | Usage: 2.45663% | Raw count 234

Some threats aren't even "top threats" such as Unaware Lugia, which is a decent Unaware user, but has immense competition from Cresselia, which is more reliable because it doesn't have a SR weakness and has more physical bulk. Regirock is good, but Rapid Spin shouldn't be an option since it can't scare away Giratina, the PH Regigigas set is extremely outdated, i'm very surprised that Spore+Dragon Tail isn't even an option! The Dialga set is good, but not exactly "common" and last (and also least) Illusion Slaking is no way a threat in the BH metagame, every single Unaware in existence kills it with a click of Foul Play.

Besides all this, great issue guys!

Last edited:
I'm confused. I'm kinda new to the site, and I just need to know how to send my Trivia answers to The Smog, because I can't figure it out

Love the one about hax. It's silly.
Also, the dragons in RU. Altaria omg. But seriously, great way to introduce how to use dragons correctly in RU, because it's surprisingly different from the OU dragons in that bulk can be your best friend. Bulky dragons > Speedy dragons, imo.
*awkward transition to the article in which they talk about mantine and i loved it*
Ahh, the typings. Steel/flying can smash most other types into the ground, especially with that 140 defense. Mantine's typing? Ehh, not so much. I blame stealth rock for all the flying-types in NU/RU.
Mantine > Skarmory for names, imo.

Hey, this is a rather small thing, but in Grasstypes of RU, in the second paragraph of Amoonguss, 'Stealth Rock' is mentioned as 'Stealth Rocks'. I hooe tou can fix that, Mack the Knife =)
EDIT- Also in the last sentence of rotom-c, there should be a space after the comma.

Last edited:

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Voted for Interview with Stellar. He's really been doing a great job since he became in charge of Orange Islands, with promoting/hosting community events, the IRC channel, and just moderation of the discussion in general. And yes, I have no shame in these ass-kissing comments because he really does deserve it; he's been doing a great job. :P

I also voted for my own article. I am such a terrible person, I know :|

But honestly, I'm glad I was able to do an article about that. Like I said on the first page, it was really about what brought me to The Smog in the first place. It was also reassuring when Celever asked me a bunch of questions about the program and I was able to say "I covered it in the article" to each question. At least I can be sure that I covered the pertinent questions about something that really is still a bit of a mystery to a lot of users. Which is honestly a damn shame because it's one of the best things that has happened to this site, at least in my opinion.

EDIT: But DAMN, I can't believe I forgot to also vote for lucariojr's Trick Room article! Having an article of over 8000 words is no easy feat! It was also hilarious to see all of the pain it caused for the GP team! lol

Ugh, I liked so many of these articles that I chose 6 or 7 favorites lol y such good articles =) Keep up the excellent work.

I always enjoyed the Smog magazine and its fun, yet educational articles. You guys work very hard :D.

P.S.: I'm new on this forum, so I'm wondering where I can formally introduce myself.

P.P.S.: How can I get involved with the Smog magazine? It looks like a lot of fun and I have some writing skills that might be useful (I'm part of my college newspaper).

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I always enjoyed the Smog magazine and its fun, yet educational articles. You guys work very hard :D.

P.S.: I'm new on this forum, so I'm wondering where I can formally introduce myself.

P.P.S.: How can I get involved with the Smog magazine? It looks like a lot of fun and I have some writing skills that might be useful (I'm part of my college newspaper).
You can introduce yourself at this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/introduce-yourself.3480294/.

Getting involved with The Smog depends on how knowledgeable you are in a certain area. You have writing skills, but can you weave that with another area of your expertise? Maybe you can creatively use that skill to write some entertainment or other featured articles if you're not really in the know of the metagame or battling strategy. Perhaps you want to do something related to arts and creation? You should check out the index (http://www.smogon.com/smog/archive) to see what ideas have been used (usually anything about Issue 25ish+ is a recent but safe idea). We tend to stay away from storytelling however.

If you have an idea, feel free to post it in the Article Approval subforums. We'll try to lead you to a better path if it's a good idea or tell you to think of another idea if it's not what we're looking for.

You can introduce yourself at this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/introduce-yourself.3480294/.

Getting involved with The Smog depends on how knowledgeable you are in a certain area. You have writing skills, but can you weave that with another area of your expertise? Maybe you can creatively use that skill to write some entertainment or other featured articles if you're not really in the know of the metagame or battling strategy. Perhaps you want to do something related to arts and creation? You should check out the index (http://www.smogon.com/smog/archive) to see what ideas have been used (usually anything about Issue 25ish+ is a recent but safe idea). We tend to stay away from storytelling however.

If you have an idea, feel free to post it in the Article Approval subforums. We'll try to lead you to a better path if it's a good idea or tell you to think of another idea if it's not what we're looking for.
Thank you very much :). I'll do a formal introduction and then get back here for Smog. I'm not so good on the battling strategy aspect of Pokemon (though I want to learn, thus my presence on this forum), but I'm willing to do entertainment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)