It's a Jungle Out There! [LC]

It's a Jungle Out There !
Team Preview:

Team Building:

Once the silly tags work for me correctly, I'll write this. But it doesn't want to be helpful at the moment.

The Team:

Nicki (Dwebble) (F) @ Oran Berry​
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- X-Scissor
Unless I see something that I know Nicki
can't stand up to, she is my team's lead.
Sturdy makes sure I get at least Stealth
Rocks up. Rock Blast and Earthquake for
coverage, along with breaking subs with
Rock Blast. Spikes are for extra entry
hazards, if I have any time to get them up.

Spykes (Ferroseed) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SDef / 36 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Iron Head
- Spikes
My physical wall. Eviolite boosts his already
large defenses, 18 a piece to 27. Iron Barbs is
helpful for the fool who lands physical hits on
my Ferroseed. Bullet Seed breaks subs and is
STAB. Iron Head for flinch and STAB. Leech
Seed is for switching and healing, and Protect
can further Leech Seed stalling. I used Iron
Head over Gyro Ball because of the marginal
Speed differences in LC.

Bouce (Darumaka) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Can I say power house? Darumaka hits really
hard with 18 attack with Choice Band. Flare
Blitz is an uber powerful STAB, though recoil is
a downside. Superpower hits Steels and Normal-
types. Rock Slide for Flyers and Bugs, and U-Turn
if I need to get out of there fast. Apart from that,
a very standard set.

Sparkeh (Chinchou) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 228 SAtk / 220 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Chinchou is an awesome Scarfer. Volt Absorb
lets me switch into any Electric pokemon to
absorb their STAB. Ice Beam hits Grass, Flyers,
and the odd Dragon. Hydro Pump is wicked
awesome STAB along with Tunderbolt. HP [Grass]
hits other Waters. Again, standard set.

Fluffles (Zorua) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 196 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
Illusion is a pretty cool ability. It's also a fun mind
game. By keeping Calamari at the end of my team,
when I switch into Zorua, she looks like Calamari,
giving a false sense of security to Psychic users.
Nasty Plot sets Zorua up for sweeping. Dark Pulse
for STAB. Shadow Ball is a filler, since I couldn't find
anything else to use. HP [Fighting] hits Normal
pokemon and Steels. Life Orb boosts all her attacks
that much more

Calamari (Tentacool) (F) @ Oran Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 196 HP / 108 SAtk / 196 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Venoshock
- Surf
- Toxic
Calamari functions as my Special Wall. I used to run
Aqua Ring, but I didn't use it that often, so I replaced
it with Rapid Spin, since I lacked support. Toxic
cripples walls that aren't Ferroseed, and Venoshock
gets boosted to 130BP and STAB. Scary, huh? Surf is
the other STAB. Oran Berry assures a longer life span
in battle. Calamari also serves as a lure for Zorua to
draw out Psychics through Illusion. Clear Body is also
pretty cool since I don't have to worry about stat drops.

Threats in next post!

Sunny Day Teams- I have no method of countering them. Chlorophyll-boosted sweepers can wreck havoc with free SolarBeams and Chinchou if they survive Ice Beam.

Carvanah- Speed Boost is so broken on that thing.

Dwebble- If it outspeeds Nicki, she's done for, along with my entry hazards.

Voltorb- It's too fast for me to hit before switching out with Volt Switch.

Sandstorm Teams- Residual damage that can't be helped. If they survive my hits, they get easy access to my two major sweepers, and can slowly kill off Zorua.

-More as I encounter them-

What's wrong with Vanha? Ferroseed walls it.

Run Life Orb on Darumakka, CB doesn't provide a significant power boost over it and switching moves is cool.

I don't see what Dwebble is doing for you. Really, just drop an attacking move on Ferroseed for Spikes or SR, bam, instant moveslot.

A Scarf Snover over Dwebble could solve some problems. Grass-types die to Blizzard, Ground-types die to Blizzard, Voltorb dies to Blizzard, Vulpix...HP Ground'd.

The problem with disguising Zorua as Tentacool is that the one Psychic in OU, Meditite, when it sees you Nasty Plotting/doing something else Tentacool can't do, realizes you're a Zorua, tanks Dark Pulse with Eviolite and Drain Punches you to death.

Since Tesshiido is actually a great mixed wall...I recommend replacing Tentacool with Misdreavus. You have a water-type, Chinchou, and missy still resists Fighting. Disguising as Missy is a great idea, as both learn Nasty Plot and HP Fighting and Shadow Ball. Missy gets Dark and Ghost attacks thrown at it, which Zorua resists, while preventing Fighting attacks. Which is cool. Also, NP Missy is awesome as hell. It also blocks Rapid Spin as a bonus. And abuses spikes really well, getting KOs on Scraggy, Tung, etc...

Tentecruel could be clampearl with deapsea scale.
Clampearl@deep sea scale
4hp 252 def 252 sp def
Toxic
Barrier
Confuse ray
Surf

Toxic for stall and confuse ray can buy a few turns barrier raises it's defence while DS scale doubles it's sp defence surf is for damage/filler.Ferroseed I believe should have spikes while dwebble can have x-scissors. For spikes protect can be removed as seeds and iron head are good moves.

This is a pretty nice team you have here, and if I could just offer a few suggestions that I feel will likely improve this team's performance.

1) Run X-Scissor over Earthquake on Dwebble, as Earthquake is significantly elss useful in LC than in OU, and the coverage given by a STAB X-Scissor is preferrrable in most all cases.
Run Stealth Rock over Iron Head on Ferroseed, as many of your pokes, especially Darumakka, appreciate greatly the added damage that any pokemon switching will be taking along with their power STAB attacks. This allows you to more quickly wear down your counters, and lord knows you can find a free turn to set them up when using something like Ferroseed.

3)Run Scarf Mienfoo over Chinchou, as you really don't need an electric immunity when you have no pokes weak to it a powerful resist in Ferroseed. This also allows you to scout your opponent's team, beat opposing Ferroseed, who will otherwise wall your team to a great extent, and help check Scraggy, who can set up on nearly every one of your pokes. I would suggest a set like:

Mienfoo@Choice Scarf
236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature

-Hi Jump Kick
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge
-Knock Off

4)Use Slowpoke over Tentacool, since it has better defenses, a better ability, and can more effectively deal with Gligar, who will wall you pretty hard if you run Mienfoo over Chinchou, who still couldn't really switch into Gligar safely whatsoever. I would suggest a set like:

Slowpoke@Eviolite
196 HP / 76 Def / 40 SpA / 196 SpD
Calm Nature

-Fire Blast
-Scald
-Slack Off
-Toxic

I hope my suggestions were helpful, and I encourage you to try them out and see if they work with your vision of this team.

Okay, here are my changes so far {I'll edit this when I'm on my computer with PO to get the full info, since I can't remember off the top of my head}

1) Changed Tentacool to Missy {It's such a broken pokemon. Tested it out and OHKO'ed a Clampearl that was Baton Passed at least 2 CM with Shadow Ball}

2) Replaced Chinchou with CS Mienfoo. Still not sure if I'll run Inner Focus or Regenerator.

3) Replaced Spikes on Dwebble with X-Scissor, and changed Protect on Ferroseed to Spikes.

Would carrying a Rapid Spinner be a good idea in LC?

On Dwebble, use Max Speed/max Attack and a Jolly, because you already have Sturdy to guarantee you'll survive the hit. Being fast also means more chance of using more hazards.

On Ferroseed, drop Iron Head for Protect. Steel is a terrible attacking type, while Protect is very useful to waste a Leech Seed turn, scout for choiced attacks and troll HJK users.

On Chinchou, drop Hidden Power Grass for Volt Switch or Hidden Power Fire. Grass only hits ground/rock/water, for which you already have Hydro Pump/Thunderbolt. HP fire would be used to hit Ferroseed, who walls you. Volt Switch would be used for scouting.

On Zorua, drop Shadow Ball because it absolutely sucks. It's like having 2 Dark Pulses. Use something like Flamethrower to roast Ferroseed.

On Zorua, drop Shadow Ball because it absolutely sucks. It's like having 2 Dark Pulses. Use something like Flamethrower to roast Ferroseed.
Two things: 1) Zorua doesn't learn Flamethrower (according to Bulbapedia), and 2) Shadow Ball is actually somewhat useful, especially considering Zorua has no better attacks to use than that. It hits Meditite harder than Dark Pulse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)