It's been a while...

Hello Smogon! I've really only just got back into Shoddy after a long overdue hiatus :pimp:This team is used on both the Standard and Suspect Ladder. The main aim of this team was to test Mismagius as a special wall. Here we go!

Roserade (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Energy Ball
---
New lead :D Sort of an "anti-lead" if you will. The idea here is to take down the opposing lead, or at least make it uncomfortable enough to switch. Common leads like Azelf get 2hko'd by Sludge Bomb (they usually only carry Fire Blast, and are only bothered about setting up SR), or if Im feeling lucky I can Sleep it and hope it doesn't Taunt me. Sludge Bomb 2hkos quite a bit, I'm actually liking Poision as an attacking type at the moment.

Mismagius (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Will-o-wisp
- Pain Split
---

The reason I built this team, Mismagius packs huge Special Defence, and being a Ghost type, has very few weaknesses. Speed sits on 245, above Tyranitar and non Scarfed Heatran. I can usually scare the former off with WoW and eventually beat Heatran with Hidden Power Fighting unless it CHs =/

Staraptor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 60 HP/252 Atk/196 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Double-edge
- U-turn

This used to be my lead, but was pretty predictable after a while. 196 Speed gives me 285, enought to outspeed Heracross and Medicham with scarf.
---

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 228 HP/188 Def/8 Spd/84 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Tri Attack
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
---
Part one of "break my walls down!" combo. Bold nature to give it some defence, 95 base isn't shabby at all. Tri Attack and Aura Sphere give good coverage, but Gengar gets a free switch once he realises. Light Screen gives it major SDef and supports the team.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/104 Atk/16 Spd/148 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Reflect
- Thunderpunch
- Zen Headbutt
---
Jirachi, who covers Togekiss' ass really well. Reflect for more support, and setting up the more fragile pokemon. Wish isn't getting much use anymore for some reason. What other GOOD Wishpassers are there? Vaporeon is about all I can think of and then I feel I'd be back to what my old team was like, Zapdos weak =/

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP/132 Atk/232 Spd/140 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunderpunch
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
---
Mixape with split EVs...beginning to think I should sort them out. Help?

There it is, I expect it to be ripped apart because many of you have probably beaten this! Oh well, that's what a team rate is for!

How about Secret Power for Staraptor instead of Double Edge?
Less power?,yes but no recoil and 30% chance of status effect (giving that you battle on building terrain then the chance of paralayzing the opponent will be appreciated :)).

Illegal combo', despite Shoddy allowing it (it would seem). Nasty Plot is DP egg only while Tri Attack is Colo' or XD or something.
Argh, well I guess Thunderwave > Nasty Plot then?

Kirbyexplosion: Do you mean on Togekiss?

sonicmark: May test this idea lol... but double edge likes 2hkoing more things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)