Its Raining! Its pouring!

Hello and welcome once again to one of The Cicadas UU RMT's.This team is currently peaked at about 1508 CRE and i am amazed how well it is doing.The goal behind this team is to clear a path for Swellow to sweep using Swft Swim sweepers since everybody usually sacrifces their physical walls to any Swift Swimmer which would usually wall Swelow(example Rhyperior,Steelix,Regirock,etc.)Sometimes i finish the opponent off before i even send swellow out.I have to admit i had alot of help putting this team together,and i plan to get peaked on that leaderboard soon.

The lead

@damp rock
Nature Hasty
Evs 252 Spe 252 Atk 4 hp
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Explosion
-Taunt

Standard rain dance Electrode except the evs.Electrode's job here is to set rain then explode on the opposing lead to activate on of the sweepers.The unusual ev spread here is designed to help me OHKO anything it hits with Explosion so the sweepers dont have to worry about wasting a rain turn with takng down the lead,the speed Evs allow me to outpace any other Electrode lead. How Electrode faces against top 10 leads:

Ambipom: Take the Fake Out and set up Rain Dance,unless Static activates and Ambipom gets parahax'd Electrode does not get to Explode.

Uxie: Set up Rain then either Taunt or Explode.If it is Trick scarf then we Have a problem.

Mespirit: See Uxie.

Omaster: Taunt then Rain Dance, then finish off with an Explosion.

Cloyster: Set up Rain Dance,if it used Rock Blast I switch to Kabutops predicting Ice Shard, if it sets u Spikes i use Explosion right after Rain Dance.

Spiritomb: Set up Rain Dance then either Taunt or thunder hoping Spiritomb kills Electrode.

Alakazam: Set up Rain then get K.O'd before i can explode,and switch right to Ludicolo.

Moltres: Set up Rain then Explode.

Hippopotas: Feeling worried that i am facing a weather team i use Rain Dance and Explosion hoping things go well.

Qwilfish: Rain Dance,then either Taunt or Explode.

Sweeper#1

@
Life Orb
M
Nature Jolly
Evs 252 Spe 252 Atk 4 hp
-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Posoin Jab
-Explosion

My sweeper #1, usually the first sweeper i send out due t the abillity to explode. As soon as Qwilfish is sent out i Swords Dance once depending on the opposing pokemon. After one Swords Dance i hit 578 Attack and 590 Speed,so yeah my opponent has a reason to worry.I use Jolly Nature over Adamant to outpace certain scarf pokemon and Joly nature saved me a couple of times. Poison jab hits most threats that resist Waterfall, (thats right im looking at you Milotic and Venusaur!) against Venusaur i always explode on his ugly face hoping i never see him again.

Sweeper#2

@Life Orb
F
Nature Adamant
Evs 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Def
-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Seed Bomb
-Zen Headbutt

My sweeper#2, Ludicolo.Ludicolo makes Rain Teams something beyond epic.Although Ludicolo has mediocre Atk stat she can make an awesome Swords dance sweeper in the rain,especially since everybody predicts the special sweeper set.After swords dance she hits 524 Atk and 476 speed if i calculated right.Zen headbutt is here to take down that major threat Toxicroak. Seed bomb dismantles Milotic if Qwilfish did not beat it before fainting.

Sweeper#3

M
@Life Orb
Evs 252 atk 252 Spe 4 hp
Nature Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge

Sweeper#3 and a very deadly one too.If the situation is telling me that Qwilfish and Ludicolo can not handle the threat then this guy handles it like a pro.Kabutops can also make Absols that try to counter this team look like a fool when Sucker Punch fails from me using Aqua Jet.As you can see i have 3 Swords dance sweepers on this team which may not seem needed,but it works incredibly well.Unlike Sweeper#1 and Sweeper#2 this thing can sweep outside of the rain due to the stab priority Aqua jet.After one Swords Dance he hits 722 Atk and 518 speed in rain,that is the scariest sounding sweeper of them all.Outside of rain Kabutobs still sweeps using Aqua jet at anything faster then him and most likely K.O'ing it.

Rain Replenisher
@Damp Rock
Evs 252 hp 216 spD 40 Atk
Nature Careful
-Rain Dance
-Stealth Rock
-Explosion
-Shadow Claw

Rain replenisher Registeel(3 words that start with r), where woud i be without you? Registeel comes out whenever i need the rain back up and also sets up SR to give swellow an easy time sweeping at the end of the game,then Registeel EXPLODES!!!!! unless of course the enemy is a Ghost,in that case i would use Shadow Claw,or switch.There isnt much to say about Registeel because the important role it plays is kind of obvious.

The secret ingedient.
F
oxic Orb
Jolly
Evs 252 atk 252 spe 4 hp
-Protect
-Facade
-Brave Bird
-Quick Attack

The incredibly unexpected secret ingredient.Once Rain sweeper #1,2,and 3 dismantle the physical walls and the match is almost over Swellow ends the game like a pro.Protect is here to actvate her orb and unleash her inner power,giing her 403 atk and 385 Soeed using a 210 base power move with no side affects,that is so dangerous especially when there are no Steels or rocks in her way. I never send Swellow out early in game no matter what happens,only late game send her out.

Well thats the team!

Threat list

Offensive

Absol: If it comes out early in game Kabutops make it look like a fool,if it comes out late game i Swellow can play mind games with it by using Quick attack predicting Sucker punch.

Aggron: Qwilfish,Ludicolo,Kabutops

Alakazam: Every member of my team punishes it.

Arcanine: Rain sweepers#1,2,and 3.

Azumarill: Ludicolo.

Blaziken: Rain sweepers #1,2,and 3,if it comes out late game Swellow OHKO's it.

Drapion: Rain sweepers OHKO it after one swords dance.

Dugtrio: Rain sweepers #1,2and 3.

Feralgtr: Ludicolo.

Hitmonlee: Qwilfish.

Hitmonlee: Rain sweepers 1,2and 3.

Hitmontop: if it is technitop i have to kill it with Kabutops by using Aqua Jet.

Houndoom: Rain sweepers#1,2 and 3

Leafeon: Qwilfish OHKO's with posion jab after Swords Dance.

Magmortar: Rain sweepers #1,2,and 3

Milotic: Ludicolo OHKO's it with seed bomb after Swords Dance,Qwilfish 2hko's with Poison Jab after Swords Dance and Kabutops OHKO's with Stone edge after Swords Dance.

Mismagius: Rain Sweepers#1,2,and 3.

Moltres: Rain Sweepers#1,2,and 3.

Nidoking: Rain Sweepers #1,2 and 3.

Poliwrath: Ludicolo kills with Seed Bomb after Swords Dance.

Rhyperior: Rain Sweepers#1,2,and 3.

Rotom: Rain sweepers #1,2,and 3

Sceptile: Qwilfish.

Scyther: Rain Sweepers #1,2 and 3.

Swellow: Kabutops.

Torterra: Qwilfish Explodes on its face.

Toxicroak: Ludicolo uses Zen Headbutt and OHKO's.

Venusaur: Qwilfish Explodes on his ugly ass face hoping we never see him again.

Defensive

Altaria: Kabutops.

Blastoise: Ludicolo.

Chansey: Every member of my team kills it(except Registeel)

Claydol: Rain Sweepers #1,2 and 3.

Cleffable: Rain Sweepers #1,2 and 3.

Cloyster: Kabutops.

Donphan: Rain Sweepers #1,2, and 3.

Hitmontop: Qwilfish.

Lanturn: Ludicolo or Kabutops.

Milotic: Rain Sweepers #1,2 ad 3.

Miltank: Qwilfish explodes on her face.

Omaster: Ludicolo.

Regirock: Rain Sweepers#1,2 and 3

Registeel: A true pain.My sweepers fal to OHKO it after a Swords Dance and it T-waves them in return making one of them completly useless.In the end Registeel faints.

Rotom: Rain Sweepers #1,2 and 3.

Slowbro: Ludicolo,or Qwilfish Explodes in its face.

Slowking: Same as Slowbro.

Spiritomb: After 1 Swords dance Kabutops and Qwilfish OHKO it.

Steelix: Rain Sweepers #1,2 and 3.

Tangrowth: Qwilfish Can either Posion Jab or Explode in its face.

Torterra: Qwilfish Explodes in its face.

Venusaur: Qwilfish Explodes in his ugly ass face.

Weezing: Rain Sweepers kill it after Swords Dance.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
Hey, I got your PM asking me to do this, so here goes

Well I can't see much wrong with this team except that it's a bit weak to Registeel like you said, but according to my damage calculation your Kabutops does a minimum of 98.9% to standard Registeel in the rain with waterfall after a SD, meaning it's a likely KO, if you are that concerned about it though, perhaps Low kick is an option, but i'm not sure what move it could go over. Otherwise I see no other major threats, bar opposing themed teams, a very good Trick room team can plow through your fast team once registeel has gone down, methinks, but those aren't very common anway.

But anyway, hope I helped,

Bartman101

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hiya!

It looks like your standard rain dance team which is good, but I have to question why you are using Swellow on your rain dance team. You could always use your other rain dance sweepers to weaken your opponents defensive cores and give Kabutops a chance to sweep. An unboosted Kabutops can easily rip through teams just like Swellow can, and has the added distinction of not being walled by bulky rock and steel types.

My other nitpick is that you lack any special sweepers. Consider using Specially offensive Luddicolo. I guess you use 3 physical sweepers to overpower your opponents team but special Luddicolo can hit hard right of the bat. (in those situations where can't setup)

Life Orb
Timid
252 Spe / 4 Hp / 252 SpA
~Surf
~Energy Ball
~Ice Beam
~Focus Punch (for Chansey)

So,

I suggest trying the suggestion made by PK Gaming but if you feel Focus Punch doesn't come in handy much, you can try running HP Psychic to get the OHKO on Toxicroak that think that can wall you into oblivion. It is never expected and allows you to remove the general number one counter to Rain Teams most players feel is infallible.

Hope that helped and good luck with your team.

Hiya!

It looks like your standard rain dance team which is good, but I have to question why you are using Swellow on your rain dance team. You could always use your other rain dance sweepers to weaken your opponents defensive cores and give Kabutops a chance to sweep. An unboosted Kabutops can easily rip through teams just like Swellow can, and has the added distinction of not being walled by bulky rock and steel types.

My other nitpick is that you lack any special sweepers. Consider using Specially offensive Luddicolo. I guess you use 3 physical sweepers to overpower your opponents team but special Luddicolo can hit hard right of the bat. (in those situations where can't setup)

Life Orb
Timid
252 Spe / 4 Hp / 252 SpA
~Surf
~Energy Ball
~Ice Beam
~Focus Punch (for Chansey)

Thanks, i will try this out and see how it works.

hi, I personally disagree with the above, as SD Ludicolo is far more useful in breaking down Rain counters than I ever found the special set to be.
oh, and yeah, I'd replace Swellow with Uxie/Mesprit/Weezing, all of which can Dance and then come back later in the game and do so again; having only one reliable Dancer(Registeel) is a big negative in my opinion.
oh, and Lucdicolo with 224 Spe EVs are enough to outrun Choice Scarf Rotom in the Rain, but I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to outrun with 252.
if you want a special attacker, I would go with Orb or Specs Gorebyss over 'Fishy, but 3x SD sweepers can wear down counters, too, so whatever.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got your PM, but a Rain team?? Why do you need a rate for that?? Just don't play it like an idiot, and you should do fine. I hate Rain teams because how boring they are, so note to anyone else wanting to ask me to rate their rain team: Don't. You will be ignored.

Anyway, I can see you having problems with Stall, even though you got 3 Swords Dancers ready to put down the pain on your opponent. Any team carrying defensive Tangrowth (Especially those with Earthquake) will cause your sweepers a whole lot of pain. Water Absorbers like Toxicroak and Poliwrath will also cause you problems. If they switch in on a water attack, they can Sub, then take out at least one of your Pokemon (Toxicroak can sweep your whole team if it gets an NP up and it isn't Raining). This isn't really much way to fix this without destroying the integrity of the team, but is something you need to really watch out for, although you can replace Registeel with Weezing so you have an answer for bulky Grass Pokemon.

Weezing @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/240 SpD/16 Spe
Nature: Bold
-Sludge Bomb
-Will-O-Wisp
-Rain Dance
-Pain Split

Basically SpDef Weezing without RestTalk, since you need Rain Dance on it.

Also Electrode is a poor Rain Dancer, in my opinion. Yes, you will get Rain up easily and get it's job done, but it has pretty much no mid-late game value at all. Since Rain doesn't care about synergy much, I would definitely suggest that you replace Electrode with Ambipom, since, he can U-Turn away and come back to setup Rain later, all the while being an ass with Fake Out.

Ambipom @ Damp Rock
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Fake Out
-Rain Dance
-U-Turn
-Taunt

Hope I helped, good luck.

I don't like how your main sweepers are all physical. Scarf Rotom sweeps like your entire team when Rain isn't up, and since only Registeel can switch in, you are just gonna waste turns of rain and eventually lose to it. Adding Swellow doesn't particularly help to your Rotom weakness either.

I second the suggestion PK Gaming made of having a special Ludicolo. It really gives you the necessary special side sweeping a rain dance team needs. Qwilfish and Kabutops can handle just about any defensive core anyway. One will always weaken or eliminate the counters of the other, which is why its effective to use just them both as physical sweepers. Ludicolo becomes redundant in this regard.

You do have a sort of fighting weakness as well, since Qwilfish isn't taking any attacks anytime soon. I recommend running Uxie over Registeel, so that you have both a fighting resist, another SR user, another Rain Dance user, and something that keeps offensive momentum on your side via U-Turn. Almost a necessity to a rain dance team to maximize the number of turns you keep rain up. You don't want your sweepers taking hits either via switches, when U-Turn will avoid all that as well.

The Rotom weakness is still persistent, but as long as you get rain up it becomes a non-problem for special Ludicolo. Good luck.

Bumping

@Twist of Fate: i never like running teams with both physical and special sweepers,it just makes me walled by different stuff but i will try it, also Uxie over Registeel i will defiently try it sounds like a great option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)