Joltik

I was just checking out Electro Ball's Base Power:
It's calculated on the percentage of your opponent's speed compared to yours.
X = Target Speed, Y = Your Speed
if X is over 50 % of Y, Base Power = 60
if X is between 33 and 50 % of Y, Base Power = 80
if X is between 25 and 33 % of Y, Base Power = 120
if X is less than 25 % of Y, Base Power = 150
If Joltik is at max speed, then it's probably going to be getting at least 80 Base Power, and most likely will get at least 120 on slow, defensive walls.
This means that you have a move with a base power potentially weaker than Thunderbolt, while being potentially stronger than Thunder.

I was just checking out Electro Ball's Base Power:
It's calculated on the percentage of your opponent's speed compared to yours.
X = Target Speed, Y = Your Speed
if X is over 50 % of Y, Base Power = 60
if X is between 33 and 50 % of Y, Base Power = 80
if X is between 25 and 33 % of Y, Base Power = 120
if X is less than 25 % of Y, Base Power = 150
If Joltik is at max speed, then it's probably going to be getting at least 80 Base Power, and most likely will get at least 120 on slow, defensive walls.
This means that you have a move with a base power potentially weaker than Thunderbolt, while being potentially stronger than Thunder.
All the slow mons can take it, besides something like Slowpoke..., and Joltik isn't fast enough to do much damage to any mon that isn't a wall, as they will likely be around Joltik's speed, as Joltik only hits 70, meaning everything that isn't a wall will have over 50% of Joltik's speed

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The only really, really slow dudes I can think of are Munchy and maybe Ferro/Frill and even then Ferro resists Electroball, Frill will keel over from Tbolt, and Munchlax has that crazy 85 base SpD. So, yeah, standing by everything I've said about EB.

Last time I played LC, which was like 20 minutes ago, most walls had Eviolite, Berry Juice was banned, Munchlax yelled Trolololol to Joltik, and there is rarely a game without Ferroseed/SR. This puts Joltik COMPLETELY out of commision. He is really not that viable.

Last time I played LC, which was like 20 minutes ago, most walls had Eviolite, Berry Juice was banned, Munchlax yelled Trolololol to Joltik, and there is rarely a game without Ferroseed/SR. This puts Joltik COMPLETELY out of commision. He is really not that viable.
This is sadly true. If Eviolite was banned (if T_T), it would be a pretty beast Agility sweeper with Tension fucking up Oran Berries and nice STAB coverage, but alas, it is not so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)