Kangaskhanite Tiering Discussion [+Demographics Poll Added to OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm tired of people saying "SKARMORY COUNTERS IT, DOH, HURRRRR!!!". It doesn't!!!!

+2 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 138-162 (41.3 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Take into account that normal skarmory runs some EVs on Speed instead of Defense in order to outspeed certain threats and roost safely against them, so...

+2 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Skarmory: 153-181 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 52.3% chance to 2HKO

Rocks and your Skarmory is gone.
I may be on your side now (lol), but that doesn't mean I can't debunk this. Assuming this Skarm (with a Rocky Helmet) switches into a Return, Kanga has lost 1/3 of its HP. Next turn, it roosts. The Kanga player can either: Return or PuP. Return will bring Skarm back down to >10%. PuP will not do that much damage, but it will give Kanga 2 boosts. At this point, Kanga will be down to 1/3 of its total HP from Rocky Helmet. The final Return/PuP will kill the Skarmory, but only after removing 5/6 of Kangaskhan's HP. With no way to heal it back, that Kanga best hope you aren't running priority. The point is moot if the Kanga doesn't have Fire Punch or boosts, but that's what teams are for, right?

I am one hundred percent in favor of banning Kangaskhanite. It's too hard to kill, it hits harder than a truck, breaks all substitutes, and is impossible to switch into without having to plan your team around killing it. Also it's stupid and I hate it.

People make mistakes. You don't have to cry about it.

We know that trevenant, skarmory, aegislash, alakazam-m, and ferrothorn do NOT counter aegislash. Let's stop beating each other up about this, and try and think of some new potential counters. How about faeries? I don't think khangaskhan-m can do much to the more bulky ones.

You're expecting too much of Smogon discussions. Every time someone makes a decent argument, a completely new user pops in, somehow misses all of the points in the thread, and makes the exact same statement as the legion of like-minded users before them. Thus, you have people trying, in vain, to stop the flow of moot points. That's your 'fight.'
This thread also goes extremely fast, it is one page every few minutes now, so you obviously miss a few points made left and right. However, due to the endless repeat of points now, it is a showing of obliviousness nonetheless.

I may be on your side now (lol), but that doesn't mean I can't debunk this. Assuming this Skarm (with a Rocky Helmet) switches into a Return, Kanga has lost 1/3 of its HP. Next turn, it roosts. The Kanga player can either: Return or PuP. Return will bring Skarm back down to >10%. PuP will not do that much damage, but it will give Kanga 2 boosts. At this point, Kanga will be down to 1/3 of its total HP from Rocky Helmet. The final Return/PuP will kill the Skarmory, but only after removing 5/6 of Kangaskhan's HP. With no way to heal it back, that Kanga best hope you aren't running priority. The point is moot if the Kanga doesn't have Fire Punch or boosts, but that's what teams are for, right?
Yeah, that was my point against all rocky helmet "counters". I guess I should have added "It survives badly damaged" as in the calcs vs Ferrothorn.

We know that trevenant, skarmory, aegislash, alakazam-m, and ferrothorn do NOT counter aegislash. Let's stop beating each other up about this, and try and think of some new potential counters. How about faeries? I don't think khangaskhan-m can do much to the more bulky ones.
I've posted this many pages back.

As is Lugia:+2 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Lugia: 319-378 (76.6 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

KOs Lugia if Stealth Rocks are down. Mind you, this is jolly `Khan.
Is your Fairy as bulky as Multi-Scale 252/252 Lugia? If not, then it dies to +2 Return. It is utterly hopeless to look for a solution if the `mon isn't a Ghost.

The 'bulkier' fairies tend to be more focused on taking special hits. Return/Seismic Toss tears through them. The one Fairy-type that I can think of (off the top of my head) that can take physical hits is Carbink, and both EQ and Seismic Toss handle that easily.

The problem is that there really aren't any. At this point, any anti-ban "arguments" are just desperate statements of denial. It's broken. There's almost NO way it won't get banned. Accept it. I'm honestly surprised that mods haven't at least cleaned out all of the one liner "this might be a counter" or "just put rocky helmet on this" arguments yet, let alone made the decision to banish this broken piece of shit to Ubers.

its still kills your "Counter" therefore not a counter and it STILL needs to be revenged by something thats gonna get smacked by a sucker punch first. thats no Bueno

and also Wish support is a thing and its not like it would be hard to get with Kanga.

Yeah, that was my point against all rocky helmet "counters". I guess I should have added "It survives badly damaged" as in the calcs vs Ferrothorn.
Rocky helmet normally sucks so therfore it being used because of mega kang leads to it over centralizing the meta and therfore is ban worthy. Im unsure on the logic of Anti banners. If an NU pokemon has to be used to counter it (cofag) that's doesn't make it less op, it makes it more OP

How about faeries? I don't think khangaskhan-m can do much to the more bulky ones.
Let's end this one already with the bullkiest fairy in the game.
+2 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Fairy: 456-537 (119.6 - 140.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
If Arceus fairy can't handle it, I doubt any other fairy can. Remember, Carbink is weak to EQ.

But Rocky helmet normally sucks so therfore it being used because of mega kang leads to it over centralizing the meta and therfore is ban worthy.
Yeas, as I said on a post some pages ago, if I can take my chances and kill their Rocky Helmet user with MegaKanga, I'm going to do it. After all, there's nothing that stops me after that from using Blissey and passing a Wish to Kanga in order to give it a second breath.

It's funny how a pokemon that I would have never seen on any OU team a few months ago is now on trial for a ban, all because of a change that happened so fast.

what about air balloon/sash genesect though? That sounds like a pretty decent counter.

Pretty much. Let my MKhan get burned and killed the Sableye and have Aromatherapy+Wish waiting in the background. Hear the rage miles away.

It's funny how a pokemon that I would have never seen on any OU team a few months ago is now on trial for a ban, all because of a change that happened so fast.

what about air balloon/sash genesect though? That sounds like a pretty decent counter.
Doesn't resist the Crunch. Gets Sucker Punched after.

Yeah. The key part of that is "survives", as you guys have pointed out. Here's a little logical flow to describe "countering" M-Kanga:

> Opponent sent out Kangaskhan!
> Use defensive counter/offensive counter/sableye?
>> Defensive counter- takes hits, damages Kanga, dies. If you are lucky, you got it burned. Otherwise, it's down to low health due to passive damage
>> Offensive counter- wait for a teammate to die, kill it. If you are using anything short of Talonflame (heh!), hope to god that it doesn't get more than 1 PuP off. +6 Sucker Punch can OHKO Terrakion
>> Sableye- Burn it, hope that opponent doesn't have Heatran/Charizard/Talonflame/Fire Types

> End result- 2/3 of the time, you're down AT LEAST one mon.

Doesn't have the power to KO, is blasted away by (Insert Move Here)

next.

We know that trevenant, skarmory, aegislash, alakazam-m, and ferrothorn do NOT counter Mega Kang (fixed for you). Let's stop beating each other up about this, and try and think of some new potential counters. How about faeries? I don't think khangaskhan-m can do much to the more bulky ones.
If you want to theorymon counters, then I suggest you take it to the Kang thread. This discussion is about whether MKang should be quick-banned.

And I believe you don't truly understand what a counter is. A counter is a pokemon that can 100% of the time switch into the pokemon and force it out or KO it. Most of the things you're coming up with are checks (if at all) and shaky ones at best.

No. You can't forget that Steel doesn't resist Dark anymore. Air Balloon is useless because Kanga will be using Sucker Punch, and Sash gets wrecked by Parental Bond.

This is how I feel about these kind of statements:

Please. Stop. Now. Kanga's counters are already established, and are extremely limited in quantity. Quit suggesting gimmicky or just downright bad solutions.

Crunch/Fire Punch/Return + Sucker Punch are all OHKO/2HKOs. Genesect isn't bulky. Also, sash? Against a pokemon with Parental Bond? lolno

And that all ignores that Parental Bond negates Sash anyway.

*sighs*

Edit: Lol @ ninja'd

Damn, this thread really goes way too fast, I don't want to read everything back when I return tomorrow lol.

But if the mods are smart, they've closed this thread and banned Kanga at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)