[KINDA SERIOUS] Latest RPG Project (Crowdsourced Ideas) (Caution: Reptoids ITT)

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
For my latest RPG endeavor, I'm going to integrate reptoids into a third-party system for species in Starfinder to give them more inherent options.

1627134413132.png

1627134432910.png

All that's important about them flavor-wise is that they're basically the lizard people conservative conspiracy theorists talk about; they are taking over the governments of various spacefaring political powers through their mastery of deception and shapeshifting. Since Smogon has a bunch of folks intimately familiar with these concepts, I wanted to crowdsource a bit for this project, to get inspiration!

In Conclusion: What Do You, A Typical Conservative American, Think Reptoid Player Characters Should Have In Terms Of Abilities?

If they are trying to take over the world, they should have a higher Charisma (or the equivalent of charisma in Starfinder (I haven't played it))

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm sort of an expert when it comes to playing characters disguised as other characters. So this advice is very serious and informed.

You cannot be too liberal in how you enable these reptoid's disguises. Dumb fucking GMs do everything they can to take disguise abilities out of context to have them not work as advertised. There's nothing broken about +100 to disguise as a non-specific person, so find a way to express in the strongest terms that it just works.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
An optional ability that clarifies and improves the ability to spread rumors would also be nice.

I don't know about starfinder, but the rumor mechanics in pf are arcane and incredibly stacked against the player, which is a shame cause spreading rumors could do fun shit for a wily bastard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)