Pokémon Klefki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klefki #707

Types -
/

Base Stats - 57/80/91/80/87/75 (470 BST)

Abilities
Ability 1 - Prankster: Increases the priority of non-attacking moves by 1. However, moves still circumvent Quick Guard. If a move such as Assist or Metronome calls a two-turn attack such as Fly, the second turn of the move does not fall under the effect of Prankster.

Level-Up Movepool
Lv1 - Fairy Lock
Lv1 - Tackle
Lv5 - Fairy Wind
Lv8 - Astonish
Lv12 - Metal Sound
Lv15 - Spikes
Lv18 - Draining Kiss
Lv23 - Crafty Shield
Lv27 - Foul Play
Lv32 - Torment
Lv34 - Mirror Shot
Lv36 - Imprison
Lv40 - Recycle
Lv43 - Play Rough
Lv44 - Magic Room
Lv50 - Heal Block

TM & HM Compatibility
TM03 Psyshock
TM04 Calm Mind
TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM27 Return
TM29 Psychic
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM68 Giga Impact
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM77 Psych Up
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM91 Flash Cannon
TM99 Dazzling Gleam
TM100 Confide
HM01 Cut

General Analysis of Pokemon (concerns itself with the general aspects and positive qualities of the pokemon).
Klefki is a pokemon to look out for in gen 6, its typing makes it immune to Poison type moves which otherwise would be super effective on fairy and immune to Dragon type moves. Not to mention the handful of useful resistances Steel has. Not only that but it has an amazingly useful ability in Prankster and a movepool (as far as we know) that goes well with it, Prankster hazards was something people were hoping for since Prankster was released.

Potential Movesets

Suicide lead

Klefki @ Focus Sash/Mental herb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Imprison
- Draining Kiss / Toxic
- Spikes
- Foul Play

Guaranteed to get down two layers of spikes, this set is perfect for hyper offense teams. Prankster imprison and spikes on the same team can shut down certain pokemon such as Frolass and Skarmory while setting up spikes of its own. Draining kiss, while a weak 50BP move, recovers 75% of the damage done and can help if Klefki isn't at full health but the sash was not broken, toxic could be used over this as its non invested attack isn't great and is able to put mons that don't care about foul play on a timer of sorts. Foul play is to stop certain pokemon that could come in on Klefki and set up, despite not getting STAB from this move it is still a great asset.
Focus sash is to allow Klefki to take a hard hit and still be able to lay down spikes, while mental herb would help it in case of taunt. It really comes down to your preference

Klefki could run Dazzling gleam/Play rough over Draining kiss but other than that there isn't really anything it could use with the current known movepool.
Of course if it got Taunt, that would go over Imprison.

Dual screens

Klefki @ Light clay
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light screen
- Spikes / Toxic / Thunder wave
- Foul Play

The first prankster-mon to get both screens and with perfect typing for it, this thing can come in on a variety of moves set up and switch out. The third mmove is really what you need, do you want to cripple opposing mons or do you want hazards up while foul play is in the fourth spot to take some threats down.

Weather starter

Klefki @ Damp rock / Heat rock
Bold Nature
- Rain dance / Sunny day
- Toxic / Thunder wave
- Spikes
- Foul Play / Draining kiss / Any attack

Weather played a big role in gen V OU and with the nerf to permament weather manual weather will be more common, Klefki allows weather to be set up first almost every turn allowing sweepers such as Kabutops to come in and finish up. The last three moves are really up to choice, toxic / thunder wave to cripple mons, spikes to help sweepers get certain OHKOs and foul play / draining kiss stop it being taunt bait

Personal Opinion of the pokemon and conclusion (roughly one paragraph)
Despite that being the only set that Klefki can really run with its current movepool, there is hope that it will get some other nice moves through breeding such as Stealth rocks and taunt to make it the premier lead. Its typing could also abuse encore to allow set up for itself and other team mates. Of course this is just me being hopeful.
With its current movepool i feel that Klefki will be a threat in UU allowing sweepers to come in and finish up other pokemon, but with the right movepool may find a nice spot in OU

Last edited:
While I haven't personally used Klefki, I got messed around by a set gay_clint_eastwood used. He used metal sound (i think in place of imprison on your set) which forced a switch on me after I had killed Klefki, letting him set up. Reminds me a bit of perish song Politoed in how it can gain momentum.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
One thing I would opt over Draining Kiss on your set is Toxic. Recovery isn't really necessary when you're a suicide lead (and Draining Kiss is weak as shit without investment), and Prankster Toxic can help in eliminating things that can set up on Klefki without fearing Foul Play.

I've been trying it out as a focus sash lead and it has been working out pretty well. It's attacking stats arn't that great so some 'mons can set up subs/set up on it. I don't think it will be OU but it could be very nice in RU or UU.

Edit: This could also change if it gets taunt.

This thing would have been perfect if it learned taunt and stealth rocks. Oh well.

Recycle+Rest+Chesto/Lum Berry is an interesting combination for stalling. It's rather gimmicky, but when it works it can be very annoying against anything that can't 2HKO it.

Immortal Klefki

Klefki @ Chesto/Lum Berry
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Rest
- Recycle
- Foul Play/Drain Kiss/Spikes

Okay, i added a dual screens set and a weather starter set as well as updated the TMs list. I may do a calm mind set but its attacking sets are not that great

And yea, i believe only fire and ground

Even with Prankster, Trick Room is -6 priority. I guess you can out speed slow phasing moves?
From what I understand, it's not quite clear. Someone got Prankster Wonder Room to work with priority, so there's questions of if the Room moves all got a priority increase or could otherwise work faster with Prankster if it gives larger bonuses to lower-priority moves or something.

Not sure if these questions have been resolved already; they don't seem like they'd take too long to test.

Klefki does not get Will-o-Wisp or Taunt; however, Prankster Spikes + Thunder Wave with that sexy defensive typing should be enough to cause a great deal of trouble. Thundurus is notorious in VGC (I realize this is for OU, and there were nerfs to paralysis in XY, but it is still a relevant example) partly for its Prankster Thunder Wave, while Klefki gets a better typing and slightly more bulk to take advantage of it.

Also, its base stats are mostly figured out.

Nothing amazing, but the stats here are slightly better than the ones in the OP.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Man, if this thing had Taunt, everything would be just PERFECT.

But before I get into a really long rant, I'll just ask this question rhetorically: Does it have Taunt? Seemingly, no. It can't stop Skarmory or Ferrothorn from setting hazards alongside it, it can't stop other Taunt users, and it can't even stop its fellow Prankster users.

Point is, if you don't care about Toxic or paralysis, you're pretty much set to take this thing on. Aside from priority spikes and Thunder Wave, I don't think this thing is gonna take the metagame by storm. It's too bad considering its REALLY good typing and general cuteness :T

Man, if this thing had Taunt, everything would be just PERFECT.

But before I get into a really long rant, I'll just ask this question rhetorically: Does it have Taunt? Seemingly, no. It can't stop Skarmory or Ferrothorn from setting hazards alongside it, it can't stop other Taunt users, and it can't even stop its fellow Prankster users.

Point is, if you don't care about Toxic or paralysis, you're pretty much set to take this thing on. Aside from priority spikes and Thunder Wave, I don't think this thing is gonna take the metagame by storm. It's too bad considering its REALLY good typing and general cuteness :T
Well it does have imprison to stop them setting up spikes.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not top-tier but I can see this can really fuck up unprepared teams. Amazing typing, immune to Poison, neutral to Steel, neutral to Fighting, only weak to Fire and Ground with the rest of the perks Steel provides plus immunity to Dragon. You can run a Sub / Spikes / Thunder Wave / Draining Kiss (depending on how hard it hits, if it doesn't then Foul Play) @ Lefties set to be as obnoxious as possible. Screens with Spikes are another option, I can even see Torment being viable with its set of resistances.

Also, its base stats are mostly figured out.

Nothing amazing, but the stats here are slightly better than the ones in the OP.
Thanks, i updated the OP to the highest percentage stat.
And yea its a shame it doesn't get taunt, that would probably make it go up a tier from wherever it will be. But there is hoping that it gets fixed in the third version/sequel(If there is one)

Ground/Fairy is a nearly unresisted attack combination. I can see it running a Calm Mind, HP Ground, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss. Klefki's SpA isn't too hsabby and priority Calm mind would make it bulky on the special side. The main issue with this set is that the most threatening Ground and Fire attacks are on the physical side and Klefki is definitely not fast enough to outspeed the users of those attacks.

This is gonna sound weird--but I had mild success running 252 HP, 126 Def, 130 Spdef, Toxic, Thunder Wave, Torment and Protect. I managed to cripple a setup sweeper and a tank in the same match, keeping Klefki alive in the process. Torment and Protect weren't used, I'm still raising it, but I'm in love with this thing already despite the unorthodox moveset.
So yeah... I think I'm gonna be running this general cripple set in the future, probably with leftovers, a mental herb (to prevent taunt) or an eject button (to immediately get to safety after getting the status off, provided I get directly attacked).

Dual screens

Klefki @ Light clay
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light screen
- Spikes / Toxic / Thunder wave
- Foul Play

The first prankster-mon to get both screens and with perfect typing for it, this thing can come in on a variety of moves set up and switch out. The third mmove is really what you need, do you want to cripple opposing mons or do you want hazards up while foul play is in the fourth spot to take some threats down.
Regarding the Dual Screens setup, I am thinking of using one for myself in the near future. However, I would like to ask a few questions regarding a few details that hopefully some of you may be able to help me out with.

Why the Bold nature and 252 in Defense?

It just seems like with a setup like this, a more "balanced," approach might work out better. Perhaps Bold Nature and 252 SpD, or something similar to have similar/equal amounts of Def and SpD.

Or is there any particular reason to max out on defense like in Kirbles' setup?

Last edited:

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
I bred a 31/x/31/x/31/x keys and checked its stats at lv.50, it has base HP/Def/SpDef of 57/91/87 not 58/91/88

Okay, it was really early in the morning when this happened, but I'm pretty sure an enemy Klefki used Magic Room and had priority. Can someone test this?

Last edited:
The bigger question is, what effect does it have on Wonder Room and Trick Room? Was it just a change to Magic Room or can those work at an accelerated pace as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)