SS OU Kommo-o + Mixed DD Dragapult SS-OU HO Team (updated)

Hello, wanted to share my favourite team atm using:
Mixed DD Dragapult with Kommo-o in a Hyper Offense Screens
This is the Pokepaste of the team

Dragapult.jpg
Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Fire Blast
- Phantom Force

This is a Mixed Dragapult with Dragon Dance and its two physical stab moves in Dragon Darts / Phantom Force using its excellent Base 120 / 372 Atk stat with Lonely Nature aswell as Fire Blast giving it great coverage versus common Steel types of the tier like Physdef Ferrothorn, Corviknight and Bisharp.
The EVs maximize its Physical Damage dealing aton with Phantom Force to Fairies & Ghost types so pokemons like Clefable, Togekiss, Sylveon and Aegislash weakening Key Pokemons for the other team members like Kommo-o to put alot of work.
40 Special Attack almost guarantees the kill on Physdef Ferrothorn aswell as 76 HP 252 Atk 180 Speed Bisharp with Adamant Nature.
The 216 EVs on Speed allows Dragapult to be faster than Adamant Choice Scarf Dracovish & Dracozolt and maintain a very high Speed Tier after a Dragon Dance only having to fear of Jolly Excadrill in the Sand and Scarf Dragapults.
Its main role on the team isnt just using it as high speed tier sweeper but also weaken and lure Fairies & Steel types for its teammates and improves alot the matchup versus opposing HO Teams with Sticky Web owing to its Clear Body Ability.

Mew.png
Mew @ Red Card
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Skill Swap
- U-turn

Mew is the lead of choice for the team which other than its bad typing for the heavily focused on Ghost & Dark types SS OU tier it has access to all types of Hazards except Sticky Web (I guess Copperajahs Steelspikes too) aswell as very good stats 100 across the board.
It provides very good match-up as a lead versus alot of common stealth rock and lead choices in the meta as its faster than Jolly Excadrill, faster and bulky enough to take even Dark Pulse from Scarf Hydreigon and has Synchronize for ability giving it excellent matchup with pokemons attempting to status it like Toxic Seismitoad and Twave Grimmsnarl.
Its making use of Skill Swap giving it a solid option versus Magic Bounce Hatterene trying to bounce its hazards but it can also be used to make strong pokemons that rely on their ability to gain power weaker like Guts Obstagoon, Dracovish and Conkeldurr making them set-up opportunities for its team.
Red Card proved to be useful versus U-Turn attempts bringing Court Change Cinderace in to swap its hazards, switches into Defog users like Mandibuzz & Corviknight aswell as Shuffling Rapid Spins and opposing set-up attempts.

Kommo-o.jpg
Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Clangorous Soul
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Kommo-o is the main feature of the team using its Throat-Spray Special set which attempts to sweep or deal massive damage to both Defensive or more Offensive teams.
Its great stats, typing and movepool makes this Pokemon / Set not only viable but very threatening for the tier.
Only few pokemons can outspeed / revenge kill it after the Darmanitan ban and those are Scarf Hydreigon & Scarf Dragapult and only few pokemons can take an atk from its 598 Special Attack after the boost.
It needs a few notable pokemons weakened from its teammates to work, specifically Spdef Fairy Types like Wish Clefable and Sylveon, Spdef Corviknight aswell Aegislash but all these require only alittle bit of damage like 25% so Kommo-o very often gets the job done.

Rotom-Heat.jpg
Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp

Offensive Rotom-H provides a way for the team to break through Fairy Types aswell as Bulky Steel, Water and Flying types for the team.
Its EV maximize the Damage with 252 Modest Special Attack killing and cooking many heavily defensive pokemons that often stay in to eat its hit and Defog or attempt to Recover and take advantage of it.
It destroys Spdef Corviknight, it blows Toxapex and can 2KO Seismitoad with +2 Overheat which means you have to setup twice for this to work but its still incredible that even its worst opposing pokemon can be dealt with owing to its massive power that not many expect.
56 EVs on Speed makes this faster than all types of Specs/Banded Aegislash aswell as offensive Life Orb Clefable and its other 200 EVs are invested into HP giving it bulk to deal with Cinderace, Togekiss and other Fairy types for the team.

Grimmsnarl.jpg
Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spirit Break
- Taunt

Grimmsnarl provides Screens for the team making Set-ups much more effective.
Its unique typing supports really really helps the team giving Key resistances to Dark, Ghost and Dragon aswell as a different leading route for the team versus expected Dragapults.
It makes great use of its Taunt Option versus Hazards or Status but also Defog attempts.
With Max HP and Spdef Grimmsnarl can also be used to weaken Key Pokemons from the opponent like Clefable owing to its Light Screen boosting its Spdef, Taunt Blocking their healing option and Spirit Break dropping their Special Atk even more making them less power aswell as weakening them with its decent hit that way Grimmsnarl can prepare set-up attempts for the other pokemons of the team while still checking opposing offensive pokemons mainly the Dragon Types and provide Screen
Corviknight.jpg
Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 48 SpD / 208 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Substitute

Last member of the team is Corviknight which is easily one the best Pokemons in the Generation having not only phenomenal typing giving Key Resistances for many pokemons but also function really well in all types of teams.
In this case its another pokemon that gets the sweep done setting up versus Pokemons that it resists their atks but also keep opposing offensive threats back.
Its 208 EVs on Speed allowing it to outspeed Seismitoad, Aegislash and Clefables giving it very good matchup versus those.
48 EVs on Spdef aswell as 252 EVs on HP with Careful Nature makes it bulky enough to still take and setup versus alot of Defensive pokemons like Seismitoad and Toxapex but also offensive pokemons, special attackers under Light Screen, physical attackers under Reflect and Fairy types like Mimikyu and Hatterene or Life Orb Clef (For Clefable Light Screen is required)
Its using Mirror Armor which normally is completely outclassed by Pressure but in this case it allows it to setup versus Mystical Fire users as it bounces the Spatk drops back weakening them and setting up on them easily, bounces the rare Intimidates back but also Parting Shot or even Metal Sound attempts from pokemons like Obstagoon and Aegislash.

Overall i find the team very effective having checks and options versus all types of stuff both defensively and offensively aswell as many opportunities and tricks giving it good matchup versus many teams.
Obviously its not for everyone, its an offensive build requiring correct predictions and good understanding / valuing of what pokemon can sweep in each game but its a good example of a solid Hyper Offense build showing how effective HO is in the metagame or atleast on the high ladder where im using it / used it to climb aswell as some fun tournament games.

Thanks you for checking both my team & post
Please if you use it tell me your opinion and how you felt using it down or message me on discord Savouras#3897

Last edited:
Hey there! This team looks really well thought-out, I can see that you have solid answers to most of the meta's big threats right now. BU Corvi on a HO team is a particularly interesting choice that I haven't see yet, but is quite smart. I think there are a few smaller changes that could help out with some gaps, though.

Minor Changes

:dragapult:
Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force

Dropping Fire Blast for Substitute allows Dragapult some more versatility. While the OHKOs on Ferrothorn and Bisharp are appealing, Substitute gives you a chance to play around both of them while also significantly improving the matchup vs Aegislash and other max speed Dragapult. Mindgaming Bisharp's sucker punch will let you get up a sub, and even though Bisharp resists both of your attacking moves, its bulk isn't fantastic and can't handle more than 1 hit once you're boosted. The sub also helps protect you from Rotom-H running status moves, which otherwise gives your team some issues.

:mew:
Mew @ Red Card
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Self-Destruct / Flare Blitz

I think U-turn isn't serving much purpose on Mew right now. Since you run a fast set, it can fail to generate momentum if your opponent doesn't switch. Self-Destruct gives you a chance to generate additional momentum with a free switch, as well as to block Defog attempts from Corviknight and Mandibuzz. Unfortunately Mew doesn't learn Final Gambit, but it can still do a fair chunk to Mandibuzz. If you don't like how that plays, you can also try Flare Blitz to just flat out kill Excadrill.
4 Atk Mew Self-Destruct vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mandibuzz: 138-163 (32.5 - 38.4%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO

Here's the final team.
Dragapult @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Substitute
- Phantom Force

Mew @ Red Card
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Skill Swap
- Self-Destruct

Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Timid Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp

Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spirit Break
- Taunt

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Substitute

Well done with the team!

Hey bro appreciate ya alot commentin on my team sharin your thoughts.
Although im huge fan of the Sub DD Dragapult that we created with Ace11 like day one of SS with the famous Dragapult - Durant team i find recently Fire Blast to be more effective.
Unfortunately the Sub DD set got abit worse after the Dynamax ban which allowed it to not only stall turns of Dynamax but Dragapult was able to break through with Adamant nature using Max Phantasma dropping their defenses things like Toxapex, Corviknight and Ferrothorn that currently check this set.
Its still a nice set getting substitutes versus aton like Rotoms, Bulky Water types specifically Toxapex and No EP or Burnt EQ Seismitoad aswell as status in general its not doing it as much for me recently, probably had to do with the unpredictability of the set back in the first few months of the generation too.
This can be used for good tho as in many matchups versus Bisharps they tend to not go for Sucker punch probably fearing the known Substitute DD set and instead they go for Throat Chop dying to the 40 EVs Spatk Fire Blast.
Still great suggestion tho and can definitely work for someone who doesnt like this 3 atks DD set and isnt on his tastes.

For the Mew i agree alot with ya, both Self-Destruct and Flare blitz are very good options aswell as Taunt that other friends of mine suggested.
All of them can be used and U-Turn is probably something that i use because its just more on my tastes as with a right prediction on the Hazard removing Pokemon it can get ya alot of momentum and allow you to keep your hazards aswell as keep your Mew alive for later on the game which is very valuable as it has great overall stats allowin it to get the hazards up and get on the field again effectively.
Its also good for opposing Mimikyus attemptin to set-up on Mews face as Mew tend to not have an atk move to hit em so this allow you to U-Turn break their disguise and get some damage aswell as switch into your Bulk Up Corviknight and deal with it.
Mimikyu in general is a problem versus the team as its faster than kommo-o killing it with a Stab Play Rough, it has Ghost Stab priority to put Dragapult on the dirt and is also very good versus grimmsnarl so having that U-Turn option for me worked the best and i definitely value how it improves Mimikyu matchup but i can definitely see Self-Destruct, Flare Blitz or Taunt be good dependin on what you value the most.
For me U-Turn did the best as i tend to risk on predictions that could get me in a very good position or i guess hurt me if it doesnt work :P
Still great suggestions, appreciate ya man.

Hello, wanted to share my favourite team atm using:
Mixed DD Dragapult with Kommo-o in a Hyper Offense Screens
This is the Pokepaste of the team

View attachment 216653
Dragapult @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Fire Blast
- Phantom Force

This is a Mixed Dragapult with Dragon Dance and its two physical stab moves in Dragon Darts / Phantom Force using its excellent Base 120 / 372 Atk stat with Lonely Nature aswell as Fire Blast giving it great coverage versus common Steel types of the tier like Physdef Ferrothorn, Corviknight and Bisharp.
The EVs maximize its Physical Damage dealing aton with Phantom Force to Fairies & Ghost types so pokemons like Clefable, Togekiss, Sylveon and Aegislash weakening Key Pokemons for the other team members like Kommo-o to put alot of work.
40 Special Attack almost guarantees the kill on Physdef Ferrothorn aswell as 76 HP 252 Atk 180 Speed Bisharp with Adamant Nature.
The 216 EVs on Speed allows Dragapult to be faster than Adamant Choice Scarf Dracovish & Dracozolt and maintain a very high Speed Tier after a Dragon Dance only having to fear of Jolly Excadrill in the Sand and Scarf Dragapults.
Its main role on the team isnt just using it as high speed tier sweeper but also weaken and lure Fairies & Steel types for its teammates and improves alot the matchup versus opposing HO Teams with Sticky Web owing to its Clear Body Ability.

View attachment 216658
Mew @ Red Card
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Skill Swap
- U-turn

Mew is the lead of choice for the team which other than its bad typing for the heavily focused on Ghost & Dark types SS OU tier it has access to all types of Hazards except Sticky Web (I guess Copperajahs Steelspikes too) aswell as very good stats 100 across the board.
It provides very good match-up as a lead versus alot of common stealth rock and lead choices in the meta as its faster than Jolly Excadrill, faster and bulky enough to take even Dark Pulse from Scarf Hydreigon and has Synchronize for ability giving it excellent matchup with pokemons attempting to status it like Toxic Seismitoad and Twave Grimmsnarl.
Its making use of Skill Swap giving it a solid option versus Magic Bounce Hatterene trying to bounce its hazards but it can also be used to make strong pokemons that rely on their ability to gain power weaker like Guts Obstagoon, Dracovish and Conkeldurr making them set-up opportunities for its team.
Red Card proved to be useful versus U-Turn attempts bringing Court Change Cinderace in to swap its hazards, switches into Defog users like Mandibuzz & Corviknight aswell as Shuffling Rapid Spins and opposing set-up attempts.

View attachment 216660
Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Timid Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Kommo-o is the main feature of the team using its Throat-Spray Special set which attempts to sweep or deal massive damage to both Defensive or more Offensive teams.
Its great stats, typing and movepool makes this Pokemon / Set not only viable but very threatening for the tier.
Only few pokemons can outspeed / revenge kill it after the Darmanitan ban and those are Scarf Hydreigon & Scarf Dragapult and only few pokemons can take an atk from its 598 Special Attack after the boost.
It needs a few notable pokemons weakened from its teammates to work, specifically Spdef Fairy Types like Wish Clefable and Sylveon, Spdef Corviknight aswell Aegislash but all these require only alittle bit of damage like 25% so Kommo-o very often gets the job done.

View attachment 216661
Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp

Offensive Rotom-H provides a way for the team to break through Fairy Types aswell as Bulky Steel, Water and Flying types for the team.
Its EV maximize the Damage with 252 Modest Special Attack killing and cooking many heavily defensive pokemons that often stay in to eat its hit and Defog or attempt to Recover and take advantage of it.
It destroys Spdef Corviknight, it blows Toxapex and can 2KO Seismitoad with +2 Overheat which means you have to setup twice for this to work but its still incredible that even its worst opposing pokemon can be dealt with owing to its massive power that not many expect.
56 EVs on Speed makes this faster than all types of Specs/Banded Aegislash aswell as offensive Life Orb Clefable and its other 200 EVs are invested into HP giving it bulk to deal with Cinderace, Togekiss and other Fairy types for the team.

View attachment 216662
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spirit Break
- Taunt

Grimmsnarl provides Screens for the team making Set-ups much more effective.
Its unique typing supports really really helps the team giving Key resistances to Dark, Ghost and Dragon aswell as a different leading route for the team versus expected Dragapults.
It makes great use of its Taunt Option versus Hazards or Status but also Defog attempts.
With Max HP and Spdef Grimmsnarl can also be used to weaken Key Pokemons from the opponent like Clefable owing to its Light Screen boosting its Spdef, Taunt Blocking their healing option and Spirit Break dropping their Special Atk even more making them less power aswell as weakening them with its decent hit that way Grimmsnarl can prepare set-up attempts for the other pokemons of the team while still checking opposing offensive pokemons mainly the Dragon Types and provide Screen
View attachment 216663
Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 SpD / 208 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Substitute

Last member of the team is Corviknight which is easily one the best Pokemons in the Generation having not only phenomenal typing giving Key Resistances for many pokemons but also function really well in all types of teams.
In this case its another pokemon that gets the sweep done setting up versus Pokemons that it resists their atks but also keep opposing offensive threats back.
Its 208 EVs on Speed allowing it to outspeed Seismitoad, Aegislash and Clefables giving it very good matchup versus those.
48 EVs on Spdef aswell as 252 EVs on HP with Careful Nature makes it bulky enough to still take and setup versus alot of Defensive pokemons like Seismitoad and Toxapex but also offensive pokemons, special attackers under Light Screen, physical attackers under Reflect and Fairy types like Mimikyu and Hatterene or Life Orb Clef (For Clefable Light Screen is required)
Its using Mirror Armor which normally is completely outclassed by Pressure but in this case it allows it to setup versus Mystical Fire users as it bounces the Spatk drops back weakening them and setting up on them easily, bounces the rare Intimidates back but also Parting Shot or even Metal Sound attempts from pokemons like Obstagoon and Aegislash.

Overall i find the team very effective having checks and options versus all types of stuff both defensively and offensively aswell as many opportunities and tricks giving it good matchup versus many teams.
Obviously its not for everyone, its an offensive build requiring correct predictions and good understanding / valuing of what pokemon can sweep in each game but its a good example of a solid Hyper Offense build showing how effective HO is in the metagame or atleast on the high ladder where im using it / used it to climb aswell as some fun tournament games.

Thanks you for checking both my team & post
Please if you use it tell me your opinion and how you felt using it down or message me on discord Savouras#3897
Alright, your team caught my eye! Imma feature your team in my next video, cant wait to try out that dd dragapult! Im using the raw version of the team, no changes! I have never seen the use in skill swap, and the person above made a good point about uturn, but you made a good defending point about it too, so like I said, no changes! I will give you credit in the video for the team, and I will post the video here when I upload it to youtube, hopefully within the next couple days. :)

Alright, your team caught my eye! Imma feature your team in my next video, cant wait to try out that dd dragapult! Im using the raw version of the team, no changes! I have never seen the use in skill swap, and the person above made a good point about uturn, but you made a good defending point about it too, so like I said, no changes! I will give you credit in the video for the team, and I will post the video here when I upload it to youtube, hopefully within the next couple days. :)
Nice, u again. Love his vids.

Alright, team review complete! Kommo-o really shines on this team, it pretty much goes in, especially behind screens. I wouldn't really change the sets on any of your pokemon, but there are few things I would like to mention. To start off with the good, you have a lot of checks and counters to the majority of the metagame. Also, multiple setup mons allowed me to easily wallbreak and chip away at pokemon to allow me to sweep easily late game. However, the only thing I struggled with is no priority. The lack of priority or scarf on your team forced me to make high risk, high reward plays sometimes, while also preventing me to revenge kill certain mons. Another thing that really stands out is lack of hazard removal. If the opponent gets up rocks, they stay. This threatens rotom heat and reduces the number of times I can bring it in. Great team, that's my 2 cents about it, I really enjoyed it! (Surprisingly I also found skill swap to be useful as well) Video is down below!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)